Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak - Politics (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak (106637 Views)

You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju / Photos Of Saraki's Supporters Carrying Placard Outside National Assembly / World Now Listens When Nigeria Speak Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Masterclass32: 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
stan241:
I spoke on this issue on the other thread, the power and energy we use to fight for this Lagos which will always be yorubaland to me even though i grew up here would have been put to use to advocate/fight for a better south-east, are our ports functioning? What has happened to the oil in Abia and Imo? Where is our 2nd Niger bridge? The rice in Ebonyi how can we maximise it? Anambra and Enugu have the potential to be even better than Lagos but even those who live in Aba will still join mouth and call Lagos "no man's land"....Why do we still go ahead and build houses in our villages in the east if we feel Lagos does not belong to the yorubas or why do you think our fathers left for the east during the Abiola june 12 crisis? Over 23yrs being a resident of Lagos but will/ can never feel as comfortable as i do when i visit any part of the east because that to me is "home".....we should stop trying to re-write history and claiming what no matter how much we have contributed to its development will never be home....just my opinion though

U make sense wella.

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Whyykayy(m): 2:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
datalink:
This is not written by Oodua but by FASHOLA this time the fight will spread beyond Lagos. Oudua are NONSENSE PEOPLE.
i can see dat ur level of madness is high.... Na ur 4fadas be nonsense people... U thieves....

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Whyykayy(m): 2:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
datalink:
This is not written by Oodua but by FASHOLA this time the fight will spread beyond Lagos. Oudua are NONSENSE PEOPLE.
i can see dat ur level of madness is high.... Na ur 4fadas be nonsense people... U thieves....
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by dancoolD(m): 2:50pm On Apr 11, 2015
where were the Yorubas when Igbos develop Lagos? this is to inform those claiming that Lagos belong to them that they should note that Lagos belong to every body not only Yorubas.

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 11, 2015
Emdeejay:

Are you from Lagos? I know little to nothing about her politics, therefore I can't say who is better. If a lagosian says the other guy is better, then I will have to believe you. Yes approximately all political parties are the same thing, they only get their money from different sources. I just wish people would take a step back to see what's good for them. After the election, who will remember you?

Stayed in Lagos 90% of my life, and I can tell you one thing, in other states you can say Igbo or Yoruba but here you have Igbos and Hausa speaking hardcore Yoruba language and integrating with the culture and what i can say is that in Lagos there is no sense of entitlement just because of your tribe, its all about money and power.

I want people to sit down and think hard about why they are voting, like someone said "Voting JK doesn't change the Oba's statement"

also am not in support of the Oba i don't even know the guy sef undecided
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by jedyjedy(m): 2:50pm On Apr 11, 2015
If this Yoruba Igbo wahala continues like this, then I see fire. To set things straight, Lagos is a Yoruba kingdom and that is an indisputable fact and a visitor is always a visitor.

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
LAGOS IS SOLD AND GONE!!!

YORUBA PEOPLE SHOULD BLAME THE OMONILES!!!

IF THEY PUT UP.THE OBA'S PLACE FOR SALE TODAY, GUESS WHO WILL BUY IT?

LESSON: IN THE NEXT LIFE, STOP SELLING YOUR LANDS AND PROPERTY. IT IS THE SAME AS SELLING YOUR BIRTHRIGHT.
\

Stop bleating like a rabid goat.

Is the percentage of Igbo owned C of O in Lagos even up to 10% of the landmass? Even in Igbo dominated areas, most Igbos there are mere tenants, with Yoruba landlords. I have the PDF.

Do you also know the difference between leasehold and freehold, olodo? And where in Lagos do they sell land on freehold?

Keep beating ur chest like a gorilla, making noise everywhere like irritant flies, reality will strike you in ur face soon.

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
dancoolD:
where were the Yorubas when Igbos develop Lagos? this is to inform those claiming that Lagos belong to them that they should note that Lagos belong to every body not only Yorubas.

GBAM correct statement, let the kids on NL keep debating tribe.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Whyykayy(m): 2:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
dancoolD:
Fool, I guess Anambra or Enugu belongs to everyone..... just go bak to ur village and leave Lagos..

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by InvertedHammer: 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
jedyjedy:
If this Yoruba Igbo wahala continues like this, then I see fire. To set things straight, Lagos is a Yoruba kingdom and that is an indisputable fact and a visitor is always a visitor.
/
/
If you sell your house to a visitor, the house belongs to the visitor. Sorry FOR the loss.
\

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by InvertedHammer: 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
LordExecutioner:

Stop bleating like a rabid goat.

Is the percentage of Igbo owned C of O in Lagos even up to 10% of the landmass? Even in Igbo dominated areas, most Igbos there are mere tenants, with Yoruba landlords. I have the PDF.

Do you also know the difference between leasehold and freehold, olodo? And where in Lagos do they sell land on freehold?

Keep beating ur chest like a gorilla, making noise everywhere like irritant flies, reality will strike you in ur face soon.
/
I smell frustration.

Do you have any lands for sale? Or are you one of those that sold their birthright for a million naira or less?

Freehold, leasehold? Keep deluding yourself.

I get am before no be property.
\

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Remarkable: 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
Okeikpu:
So so mouth, no action (⌒▽⌒) No be ds Ewedu/Amala pple wey I know....abi Una don borrow power grin

My gawd! You are wicked! You imported that just for him?! lolroflmao

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by theocliff: 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
You see I don't blame u people, it's the Igbo's I will blame because they like developing any where they find them self and if not for the selfish and Tribal interest of not decentralizing the counties social amenities and making all equally effective (E.g Seaport) I don't think the Igbo man will have any serious thing to do in Lagos as a state. We are equal to the task my dear.

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Emdeejay: 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
Remarkable:

Not all Yorubas condemned the Oba... and some went further to call Igbos names.

What most Igbos said was that they were now going to vote for Jimi; if you saw the Oba being called names, that might have been later than I saw anyways. however, the truth is, that you can't intimidate an Igbo man just like that; if he retorts back to you "mba a na-abara agu" ... if pretty much saying that you can not shoo away a lion the way you shoo away a chicken or we often say "Hua" to the hawk to drop the little chick it swooped down on...

before i digress... and in conclusion, Igbos are peace loving. We mean noharm. We don't steal land, we buy the land with the weat off our borws.... so when you hear Igbos saying its no man's land etc... its not that they do not know who the first migrants to Lagos were, but I am sure o f this - it has always been in response to an act, whether perceived or actual, of aggression towards them.

You will not be minding your business in Lagos and out of no where an Igbo will come and be yelling in your face that lagos is no man's land. We have better things to do. Isnt time, money?

If you read my comment again, you will notice that I never stated that all Yorubas condemned the oba. A LOT of the things I read condemned him, heck I even think he should be sanctioned but you can disagree with me on that. But notwithstanding, i think we could have alienated this ignorant man by taking a different approach like jega did.

Your second point is the problem exactly. The Igbo should not vote jimi because of the word of an ignorant man. You should vote for him if you truly believe he's going to make Lagos better for you and your family. Heck, what did he promise to do for the Igbo and their businesses in Lagos. From what I heard, this boa is a relation of Jimi, I'm not sure if he's just plain ignorant or did that to boost jimi as before this unwarranted speech of his, Igbo weren't supporting him as much.

I wouldn't go as far as calling Lagos a no man's land.lagos belongs to the lagosians. Those who have contributed to the growth of that society. Those who call that place home.
No one should yell at anyone for no reason even if you're not Igbo. That is uncivilized and should never be welcomed. Even if you're not going about for money business
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
aikhimself:

Threatening a group of people in such manner is abuse of his authority.

Being such a disgrace to normal traditional rulers doesn't earn him a trophy but condemnation even from some of his right minded kinsmen..

He don't have to apologise because his reputation is anyway already damaged and Igbos will always live and thrive in Lagos and nothing will happen.

History has shown Igbos are not pushovers and mere comment from a disgruntled Oba is nothing new.

Action speak louder than words.

Yes, igbos would live in Lagos, but do you think it would be like before?

Virtually everyone has castigated him for his statement, myself inclusive, and you guys over flogging the issue is responsible for the feud. Some Igbos are expanding the insult from the king to his tribe or one political party. The man talked for himself, not anyone or group.

Finally, no one is indispensable.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by benELOHIM7(m): 2:58pm On Apr 11, 2015
I Wonder how you Yorubas reason sef. Ur Oba just made a stupid and childish remark and all y'all Could do is turn it into a PDP-Apc thing. Is it while y 'all Were wallowing and Languishing in "Omonilerism" that Lagos was built? Is it not Out of our Sweat and Blood is Lagos what it is today? Shey you people thought we'd roll over and die after the civil war, hehehe insecurity Neva start to worry Una. Rubbish!
LordExecutioner:

Thank you bruhh for changing your mind. All ibo votes won't win at the poll for abaje, he needs yorubas. you ibos only have 17% of Lagos PVC.

and you are still an immigrant in Lagos albeit with citizenship to reside there. laying claims to it is unacceptable. go about ur business and keep making babies without disrupting the peace enjoyed by everyone.

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by rman: 3:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
slimmy05:
And to think we am have elites as citizens, just tribal bigoted people.

I am really ashamed of the moderators who watched this happen after the rules about tribalistic hate speech. Seun, I am also disappointed in you.

Nairaland is gradually turning into a site used for promoting tribal hatred while Seun watches on. He has refused to make the bold decision necessary by closing threads like this.

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Okeikpu(m): 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2015
Remarkable:

My gawd! You are wicked! You imported that just for him?! lolroflmao
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by bismark007: 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2015
2ruink:
If Awolowo had not committed suicide by drinking rat poison, he would have scolded you never to make such arrogant statement again.
War is not media propaganda ooo. When it starts to rain, then will you realize how empty the Yoruba nation is. I have spoken!
u made more noise 38yrs ago.we all knw how it ended.u can't give what u don't have
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Remarkable: 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2015
jedyjedy:

To state the fact clearly: Lagos is no man's land - all Nigerians are free to come to Lagos, and once they stay there long enough, they become lagosians. The same transit system, social amenities, market, schools etc is for all Lagos. This is for the record.

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Emdeejay: 3:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
pcguru1:

Stayed in Lagos 90% of my life, and I can tell you one thing, in other states you can say Igbo or Yoruba but here you have Igbos and Hausa speaking hardcore Yoruba language and integrating with the culture and what i can say is that in Lagos there is no sense of entitlement just because of your tribe, its all about money and power.

I want people to sit down and think hard about why they are voting, like someone said "Voting JK doesn't change the Oba's statement"

also am not in support of the Oba i don't even know the guy sef undecided

Wow. I have only been to Lagos approximately 3 times lol. When I travelled outside nigeria because my family stayed in oyo state prior and when I came to visit. But it's the same concept here I belief, everyone speaking English in order to survive and acquire basic amenities.

The thing is, I have a family member that was jailed unjustly by buhari but if I was in nigeria, I would have voted for him. My uncle actually is in a dispute with my aunt because she sided with APC but that's her civil right. Because of the wrong of the past, I can't hinder the future.

Please only in the north does royalty has more stronghold in politics, in yorubaland it's more of a formality than political power. Who knew the name of the oba before he made that stupid comment?
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Origin(f): 3:13pm On Apr 11, 2015
I so love Solutions:
Solution is easy: Nigeria is for all or not.
Either Lagos assembly passes law binding non indigent from political office or the Senate passes law that all Nigerians can hold office anywhere in Nigeria. Meaning: We must all act equally.

The funny thing though is everyone will be vying for positions in Lagos mainly.
Una mouth sweet after Tinubu and Fashola Don make Lagos to small London.
Lagos is hard but people wan die for there. LOL.

Patrotism is when you fight to develop your own state. We really need to work on civic duties. Nigeria can only be great when we work hard to develop individual states.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Origin(f): 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
I so love Solutions:
Solution is easy: Nigeria is for all or not.
Either Lagos assembly passes law binding non indigent from soliciting for political office or the Senate passes law that all Nigerians can hold office anywhere in Nigeria. Meaning: We must all act equally.

The funny thing though is everyone will be vying for positions in Lagos mainly.
Una mouth sweet after Tinubu and Fashola Don make Lagos to small London.
Lagos is hard but people wan die for there. LOL.

Patrotism is when you fight to develop your own state. We really need to work on civic duties. Nigeria can only be great when we work hard to develop individual states.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by bismark007: 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2015
dancoolD:
if ibos are this good at development.how come none of their cities rank top 5 in nigeria.thief
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by LuckyLadolce(m): 3:17pm On Apr 11, 2015
feyif:
This Is Nothing But The Plain Truth.
feyif
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by 2ruink(m): 3:19pm On Apr 11, 2015
You know what happens to a leech when scraped off? Don't think that any aboki will come to your rescue, they equally hate you because you are so disgusting....BTW have you regained the ownership of kwara? Small small una go become homeless Nigeria. If aboki herdsmen could drive you out of Kwara why will Lagos be different? Blooody cowards.
bismark007:
u made more noise 38yrs ago.we all knw how it ended.u can't give what u don't have

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by benstuber(m): 3:19pm On Apr 11, 2015
I'm an Igbo boy BT I know for certain that we Igbo's have more tribal bigots than any other tribe in Nigeria...Igbo kwenu ooo

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by benstuber(m): 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
benELOHIM7:
I Wonder how you Yorubas reason sef. Ur Oba just made a stupid and childish remark and all y'all Could do is turn it into a PDP-Apc thing. Is it while y 'all Were wallowing and Languishing in "Omonilerism" that Lagos was built? Is it not Out of our Sweat and Blood is Lagos what it is today? Shey you people thought we'd roll over and die after the civil war, hehehe insecurity Neva start to worry Una. Rubbish!
please go and use ur sweat and blood to build ur state...
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Christmasdon(m): 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
For the point of correction, nobody owns lagos, yorubas shud goto their states, i presume they have states, the way the yorubas got settled in lagos is the same way the igbos settled. Asin when it comes to education .the igbos are the first. So wise.

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Christmasdon(m): 3:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
benstuber:
I'm an Igbo boy BT I know for certain that we Igbo's have more tribal bigots than any other tribe in Nigeria...Igbo kwenu ooo
sharrap there. The yolubas are the ones.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by topicalmaster: 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2015
People fail to realise this is all about politics. Let nobody allow PDP to use their "use and dump" tactics again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (41) (Reply)

Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) / FG Lifts Ban On Interstate Travels / What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81