Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak - Politics (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak (106509 Views)

You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju / Photos Of Saraki's Supporters Carrying Placard Outside National Assembly / World Now Listens When Nigeria Speak Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Tshaphilo: 5:12pm On Apr 11, 2015
Did they say Oodua foundation. A foundation that was set up by --------- huiiiiii. We are all immigrants. I can only be shaken if Adele, Kosoko,Dosumu and real Omo ekos speak. After all majority of ur members came to Lagos thru Ibadan express way n the igbos passed tru the same route into Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by ikeyman00(m): 5:17pm On Apr 11, 2015
@@@

u see am

when we talk about Biafra some of these foolish Igbo just dnt get it

u see am naw; when are u people gona wake up; u want your kids to face these rubbish

my people we are going to Biafra; it is that simple

like us on radio biafra London page on first book

listen to radio biafra on your satellite; on the internet we are on www.radiobiafra.com

we broadcast LIVE on 7am and 7pm Biafran time

we are also raising an army on training that will run over hausa-fulani in due time

wise up for heaven sake Igbo; efik ; ibibio; ijaw etc

we must march to leave these zoo called Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Defcon1(m): 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2015
LordExecutioner:

Thank you bruhh for changing your mind. All ibo votes won't win at the poll for abaje, he needs yorubas. you ibos only have 17% of Lagos PVC.

and you are still an immigrant in Lagos albeit with citizenship to reside there. laying claims to it is unacceptable. go about ur business and keep making babies without disrupting the peace enjoyed by everyone.
I guess you don't know the meaning of the word,immigrant
Even if he is an "immigrant", according to you, what advantage do you, a native, have over him in Lagos
Do you buy things cheaper than him?
Do you get better power supply than him?
Do Lastma and other task force touts treat you better than him
Do you pay less toll, tax or other levies than him
I could go on and on
So, just as you have advised him on how to stay in Lagos,l think you should also heed that same advice .

At the end of the day you are not better off than him
Simple.

4 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Achilies(m): 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Masterclass32:

Brother this thing tire me o. I no lie. We really should retrace our steps. Our beloved east is there. Nobody will develop it for us. Its up to us. Folks are looking for greener pasture elsewhere. Are the pastures in the east blue? Even if it were, its up to us to make it green. I don't doubt for one second that we have the capacity to achieve that, if only we can look inwards.

I believe things will change, sooner than later, with or without our consent. Brothers, make we think twice.

#EXPLORE SOUTH EAST

Yes #TEAM EXPLORE EAST.

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by IYANGBALI: 5:40pm On Apr 11, 2015
temitemi1:
NONSENSE!
because it was not written in your dialect,olodo

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by redsun(m): 5:44pm On Apr 11, 2015
They must be the association of Yoruba fraudsters and area boys/girls abroad. They are being unreasonable,irratiinal and biased like people that haven't left their hunter gathering settlements for once.

Even the queen of England will lose her respectful place among the people if she was daft enough to make such a divicive and inciting statement.

5 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by girl4rmspace(f): 5:46pm On Apr 11, 2015
DickDastardly:
Lets us all now be traitors like Okorocha, mbaka, ngige, ogbonnaya onu, joe igbokwe and others. The YORUBAS ARE RIGHT. Infact all igbos should be killed and dumped in that lagoon grin angry
jeeez how cud ur soul b dis wicked

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Defcon1(m): 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2015
omokab:
Well said. If a visitor is becoming too arrogant to the person that accommodate him,definitely he will be shown his way back to where he's coming from. I don't know how a visitor will be claming too know of another's property. The best thing is to throw them out of Lagos let them go back to their land and develop their place. At the same time I can't blame them is useless PDP that want power by all means I will blame. They are the one giving them too much popularity and they will later regret it.Is it possible for any other tribe to do all this nonsense in their state?Bunch of ingrate.Lagos give you opportunity to be part of their government by appointing you commissioners,hon and other benefits but you can't think to appreciate rather to be ungrateful.Like I used to tell your ibo fellows that yorubas don't like problem but if you put us to the wall you will see hell more than what Oba Akiolu said.In term of everything in the country and around the world we senior you.Education,population,money,international connection etc we are not your mate.If it leads to war honestly speaking you will go down in history.just a little word for you!
Empty threats and pointless rants
As if you will fight in the war you are mongering from the comforts of your home.Smh
Since this bickering started l have been waiting to see or hear the physical damage that the lgbos are inflicting on the Yoruba in Lagos ,but the only thing l get is simply that lgbos are claiming Lagos - calling it a no man's land and interfering in Lagos politics
Just that? Really?
Well, if anybody comes to Enugu and claims it is Hausa land, l'd laugh so hard and dismiss him as deluded.
So why would a Yoruba man take offence, and even threaten violence, when someone claims Lagos doesn't belong to the Yoruba...when the claim is absolutely preposterous
Lagos is Yoruba land, but the lgbos are going nowhere.
They have come to stay, and they are not leaving, till the end of time.
It is sad there is nothing anybody can do about it.

3 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by zendy: 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
theAtheist101:

You are getting it twisted. Nigeria didn't fight for Biafra, but Niger/delta oil. If Biafra had opted out of Nigeria without claiming Niger/delta, there wouldn't have been a war.

And How did you expect Biafra to leave the Niger-Delta? Do you know the number of Delta-Igbos,Rivers Igbos,Etche-Igbos and so on in the Niger-Delta? Even the so called Niger-Delta declared their independence before Ojukwu declared Biafra in 1967. Isaac Boro declared the Niger-Delta republic in 1966

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by bokoarerams: 6:03pm On Apr 11, 2015
Wen we wanted to start our own country, shebi u guys refused, now deal with it. We own lagos, undermine us and see the consequences. However, yorubas are the ones causing mayem in all those countries u mentioned. Go to uk and see how many yorubas are just beheading policemen if u hear dat a Nigerian is killed in any country just know dat it's always a yoruba man, check and see
LordExecutioner:

hardworking in illegal businesses and crime. work smart and be legal for a better lagos, and stop chest beating bleating everywhere like a goat.

can 90% of ibo businesses in Lagos thrive if there's law and order? NO.

why do ibos cause trouble everywhere? ghana, kenya, south africa, burundi, malaysia, india, china etc.? Why is it just ibos everywhere, if i may ask?

3 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by rafcrown(m): 6:05pm On Apr 11, 2015
WON FE BA EKO JE? THEY WANNA RUIN LAGOS?
IRO-BIG LIE
EKO O NI BAJE
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by redsun(m): 6:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
Lagos like any other part of Nigeria belongs to Nigerians. And those that are able to keep up with the trends inhabits the land.

Commercial cities like Lagos are systematically expensive and those that are not able to keep up will relocate to less expensive hinterlands and villages. It doesn't matter whether you are Yoruba,Igbo or Hausa.

3 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by frisby: 6:15pm On Apr 11, 2015
uselessgoat:
undecided

Yeeeeboes, causing troubles in Nigeria since 1967

Very mature sir.
Kindly give yourself a round of applause.

@ post.

Did you all see the mature way the oodua addressed the matter?

I'm igbo, and proudly so.
But I say shame to the Igbos and yoruba who are handling this issue like blindfolded fools.

Please act like people with some bit of enlightenment.

I'm getting sick of all these.
Infact I wish neither Pdp nor Apc wins the lagos governorship office. When did elections become about political party or ethnic group?

Shouldn't we be voting a leader based on our HONEST assessment of his character?
This is why our nation is still where it is.
It's alright to support a fool/thief, provided he is a member of a particular tribe, political party, church, etc. That shows just how primitive out intelligence is.

DEAR NIGERIANS, PLEASE LET'S GROW UP, let's work together to build a nation EVERYONE will be proud to raise children in

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Abraham2013(m): 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2015
holatin:
I wount talk much because some people may see my comment as tribalist due to how low their brain is.

WHEN YOU PUSH AN ACCOMMODATING HOST TO THE WALL.....................

ODUA AGBEWA OOO
Plz bros can u explain wat u mean by accommodating host? Who is hosting who?

3 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by PenSniper: 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2015
Tshaphilo:
Did they say Oodua foundation. A foundation that was set up by --------- huiiiiii. We are all immigrants. I can only be shaken if Adele, Kosoko,Dosumu and real Omo ekos speak. After all majority of ur members came to Lagos thru Ibadan express way n the igbos passed tru the same route into Lagos.

A potential object of sacrifice.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by holatin(m): 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2015
kay1one:

Are you an animal now since you're beefing a tribe?
pls show me just two post of mine that reek of beef of a certain tribe
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by nworanco(m): 6:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
[quote author=LordExecutioner post=32582716][/quote]

FOOLS TALK, FULL OF OBA AKIOLU'S CRONIES. SEE HOW UNRESEANABLE YOUR GROUP ARE, NO IOTA OF BLAME TO OBA BUT SRONGLY BACKED HIS UNGUARDED AND HATRED STATEMENT LIKE UR BLIND-FOLDED GROUP.

Ewu n' okuko dika unu , Ndi ara

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by afeda: 6:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
Whatever insults the Yorubas are getting from their igbo counterpart today is entirely their fault , can any yoruba do most the things the igbos are doing in any eastern part of the country without incuring the wrath of the Igbo people?. While the yorubas were busy selling all their lands and properties to the Igbos in Lagos and behaving as if money is everything , they did not know or think that a time like this will come when the Igbos will become this arrogant in their land. Very soon you will see these Igbos driving out the Yorubas from Lagos. because the Yorubas have sold their birth rites to them. The Igbos all over the world are the same, From Ajegunle in Lagos Nigeria to Maryland in the U. S.A, you give them an inch, they will always want to take a mile, you never can satisfy them, very arrogant and disrespective. Let them go to Kano and say any rubbish to their Emir as they are doing now to Oba of Lagos. Shame on the Yoruba people!

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by kay1one(m): 6:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
holatin:
pls show me just two post of mine that reek of beef of a certain tribe

The one I quoted! You were just a few words away from mentioning a tribe and spewing bigoted words!

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Demmzy15(m): 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
Demburrows:
Very insignificant rant, they should go and tell that to the hausa fulanis in kwara and ilorin who chased them away and installed emir in their homeland.
They should be happy igbos are in SW keeping the hausa fulanis in check else they would have over run the whole SW just like they are gradually iSlamizing the SW.
Omo Ale jati jati grin
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by holatin(m): 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
vanunu:

And u call u self a christian or muslim with all ur thoughts full of hate. Do u know that the first mayor of enugu was a housa man.
when was that ?
which system of government was run then?
ur answers is in the above question ?
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by ameobi(m): 6:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
yorubas are from togo and rep.öf benin not from nigeria...and you r still making noise(refugees)

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by olawaleroc: 6:38pm On Apr 11, 2015
rudedough:
"Igbo immigrant resident community in the Yoruba kingdom of Lagos in Southwestern Nigeria."

So i'm an immigrant in my own country? What the hell! This is absurd if not silly. I was going to vote for Ambode but i think it's time to put this immigrant nonsense to rest once and for all. I've changed my mind.

Vote Jimi and you will still lose. insignificant vote!
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Okeikpu(m): 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
LAGOS IS SOLD AND GONE!!!

YORUBA PEOPLE SHOULD BLAME THE OMONILES!!!

IF THEY PUT UP.THE OBA'S PLACE FOR SALE TODAY, GUESS WHO WILL BUY IT?

LESSON: IN THE NEXT LIFE, STOP SELLING YOUR LANDS AND PROPERTY. IT IS THE SAME AS SELLING YOUR BIRTHRIGHT.

If you noticed, the remaining parts of Lagos are now being bought up by the Arabs and Chinese because they understand the game. At this rate, 50 years or less from today, Yoruba people will be tenants in the fatherland. You are crying and sulking about Igbo people now, then you will be moaning about Arab/Chinese invasion. And Mr. Akiolu will be dead and gone.
\
I neva see pple wey mumu reach ewedu pple.... Their mumuness don enter Guinness record.... (´∀`)

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by redsun(m): 6:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
afeda:
Whatever insults the Yorubas are getting from their igbo counterpart today is entirely their fault , can any yoruba do most the things the igbos are doing in any eastern part of the country without incuring the wrath of the Igbo people?. While the yorubas were busy selling all their lands and properties to the Igbos in Lagos and behaving as if money is everything , they did not know or think that a time like this will come when the Igbos will become this arrogant in their land. Very soon you will see these Igbos driving out the Yorubas from Lagos. because the Yorubas have sold their birth rites to them. The Igbos all over the world are the same, From Ajegunle in Lagos Nigeria to Maryland in the U. S.A, you give them an inch, they will always want to take a mile, you never can satisfy them, very arrogant and disrespective. Let them go to Kano and say any rubbish to their Emir as they are doing now to Oba of Lagos. Shame on the Yoruba people!

You for the kano emir was almost assainated recently by dissidents. Nothing remains forever,especially backward thinking. The only thing that prevails is reasoning and it is the only the thing that overcomes miseries.

Democracy is not for a tribal society,it is for a civilised world and if you guys want to remain tribal,you have to sever ties with the real world,just like places like Yemen and Afghanistan. You can't be leaving off the the pools of resources from south and still be acting like chaka the Zulu.

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by koyyess: 7:18pm On Apr 11, 2015
duni04:

angry
See this Igbo prostitute. U better STFU and face ur prostitution on Abuja streets. Wots ur business with Lagos? Chooking mouth in something wey no concern u. Nonsense
A female aired her own opinion and the most dignifying thing you could do was to disgrace your own mother. You are no different from the uncouth traders that are constituting a nuisance in lagos. Grow some dignity.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
zendy:

And How did you expect Biafra to leave the Niger-Delta? Do you know the number of Delta-Igbos,Rivers Igbos,Etche-Igbos and so on in the Niger-Delta? Even the so called Niger-Delta declared their independence before Ojukwu declared Biafra in 1967. Isaac Boro declared the Niger-Delta republic in 1966

Then why is Ojukwu Boro's spokes man?

Who killed the man? Clue: The civil war was ongoing when he died mysteriously.

So, because, a minority of Niger/delta-ns speak igbo makes the whole ss igbo land? You guys don't have any right to the land. Claim your own land and leave other's alone. This habit you guys cultivate is not healthy. There is a big cultural difference between ss and se.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Doncolio(m): 7:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
2ruink:
It does make a whole lot of changes my dear......what it means actually is that your Oba is a bastard grin grin

My dear, he isn't my Oba. Address your comment to the appropriate quarters.

In the main time Ambode I know, Jimi is just kidding.

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Doncolio(m): 7:31pm On Apr 11, 2015
Icecomrade:

So what Rubbish are you and ur senseless Odua spewing.

Arrant Nonsense!!!!!!

You can't understand until you learn.

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 11, 2015
eaglechild:

That is the point you are missing.
As an Oba he is a king and and a representative of his people.

He is no ordinary citizen and his words and action are weighty and cannot be equated to that of other citizens.

His seat is traditional and thus representative of his tribe or clan. That is why there is an outcry in the first place. If his words were said by some political tout on the street or online (worse has been said on nairaland) no one will even notice.

So kings don't make mistakes that cannot be corrected? What he said is wrong and his subjects have apologized on his behalf. He wouldn't never apologise even if the sun was to consume the earth. Just live with it.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
macjive01:

when your grandfather moved to this present parcel of land called lagos, he was a strange, right? he didnt manufacture the land , did he ?

The recent strangers after while will also, like yourself, lay claims to this land with same argument you used.
I am a Native of lagos state, born and breed, all my generations as far as i can remember have only know Lagos as home. But i am IGBO !.

you must be joking
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
ikeyman00:

@@@

u see am

when we talk about Biafra some of these foolish Igbo just dnt get it

u see am naw; when are u people gona wake up; u want your kids to face these rubbish

my people we are going to Biafra; it is that simple

like us on radio biafra London page on first book

listen to radio biafra on your satellite; on the internet we are on www.radiobiafra.com

we broadcast LIVE on 7am and 7pm Biafran time

we are also raising an army on training that will run over hausa-fulani in due time

wise up for heaven sake Igbo; efik ; ibibio; ijaw etc

we must march to leave these zoo called Nigeria

y is dat u didnt include yoruba

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply)

South Africans React As Nigerian Man Threatens To Retaliate In Boko Haram Style / Just Received My Stay At Home Relief Food Items From Edo State Government / FG Lifts Ban On Interstate Travels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.