Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak - Politics (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak (106526 Views)

You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju / Photos Of Saraki's Supporters Carrying Placard Outside National Assembly / World Now Listens When Nigeria Speak Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Sundaydare1: 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2015
On more serious note Igbo people don't have manners at all, they see all tribe as enemy, could you imagine Igbo call Yoruba slave of Hausa, cos will allow peace to reign in our land, we Yoruba respect other tribes and we tolerates, so enough of this insult.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by magneto(m): 8:30pm On Apr 11, 2015
Tsk tsk tsk...so much bile and hatred displayed here. Smh
sad

If only d oba had been more prudent wit his choice of words. I believe a friendly appeal would have yielded far more ibo votes for apc.

I even suspect dat a lot of ibos in lagos were not even as concerned abt d state elections, and would probably not have bothered coming out to vote...while many dat do vote would vote apc because of fashola's achievements.

All d same, I kindly appeal to every aggrieved ibo man or woman to pls cool ur temper and forgive the oba's outburst. Escalating dis kind of inter tribal animosity by hurling insults and inflammatory statements will not help our common growth as nigerians. Lagos has always been yoruba land, everyone knows it...the ibos know it...and the yorubas know dat they know it. Dat fact is not in contention. Be dat as it may, we are all nigerians and shld be free to live anywhere in d country and be treated with dignity. I am neither yoruba nor ibo, but I know dat any tension in any part of d country would not be beneficial to us all.

My yoruba brothers n sisters pls for the sake of peace and progress, forgive and overlook d seemingly over exuberance of our ibo brethren. I do not believe its an affront to ur tribe or lands, rather its in their nature to be so. We all have our pluses and minuses, but together we complement each other.

Let peace reign. One yoruba, one ibo, one nigeria!!

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by eaglechild: 8:33pm On Apr 11, 2015
theAtheist101:

So kings don't make mistakes that cannot be corrected? What he said is wrong and his subjects have apologized on his behalf. He wouldn't never apologise even if the sun was to consume the earth. Just live with it.
Only God is above apology.

The last time I checked Oba is not God.

If you claim he is above apology then you are awarding him the status of God.
He may be your god but he is not mine.
He will continue to receive condemnation and law suits and will eventually end up at ICC if he refuses to do the needful.

Luckily he may not be as heady as some of his followers.

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by holatin(m): 8:48pm On Apr 11, 2015
kay1one:

The one I quoted! You were just a few words away from mentioning a tribe and spewing bigoted words!
since am still word away mentioning a tribe, that showed my resistance in abusing a tribe.
oya go play
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by praise010(m): 8:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
How many kings in the North threatened the Ibos the way Oba did?

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by holatin(m): 8:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
Abraham2013:

Plz bros can u explain wat u mean by accommodating host? Who is hosting who?

check the meaning of an host
and do research about who are the early indigene of Lagos.
check your dictionary for non- indigene.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by 2ruink(m): 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
O really? time to deny that clueless.
Anyways, that is your fucking business. next time don't venture into issues that do not concern you.
Doncolio:

My dear, he isn't my Oba. Address your comment to the appropriate quarters.

In the main time Ambode I know, Jimi is just kidding.

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by kay1one(m): 9:13pm On Apr 11, 2015
holatin:
since am still word away mentioning a tribe, that showed my resistance in abusing a tribe.
oya go play

Just keep deceiving yourself!
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Doncolio(m): 9:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
2ruink:
O really? time to deny that clueless.
Anyways, that is your fucking business. next time don't venture into issues that do not concern you.

The clueless is you claiming what is not close to yours, and I'm not surprise you are. For your interest, it concerns me more than it will ever concern you.

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by ikeyman00(m): 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2015
@@@

Then why is Ojukwu Boro's spokes man?

Who killed the man? Clue: The civil war was ongoing when he died mysteriously.

So, because, a minority of Niger/delta-ns speak igbo makes the whole ss igbo land? You guys don't have any right to the land. Claim your own land and leave other's alone. This habit you guys cultivate is not healthy. There is a big cultural difference between ss and se.

only the bitter baboons and monkeys in the zoo will come in here to talk complete rubbish

for a start could u plz tell us who u are lipsrsealed

and the yoruba; hausa-fulani boko harem will tell the igbo are your enemy; they want to dominate u blah blah OKKKKKKKKKKKKK

today the hausa-fulani boko harem have taken all the oil block at your so called niger-delta chieeeee chukwu abihama forgive us

Yesterday we stood wit Jonathan and this year we give up all we have for Jonthan and yet the baboons and monkeys in the niger delta are still on it

do you know that Biafra is older than your whole family

so Professor biko what is the Niger-delta

mad mad mad people
in the zoo
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by ikeyman00(m): 9:18pm On Apr 11, 2015
@@@

Sundaydare1: 8:16pm

On more serious note Igbo people don't have manners at all, they see all tribe as enemy, could you imagine Igbo call Yoruba slave of Hausa, cos will allow peace to reign in our land, we Yoruba respect other tribes and we tolerates, so enough of this insult.

and the yoruba call us igbo . . . . of course this is incomplete

by the way are you not a slave
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by ikeyman00(m): 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
@@@@

amazo

It's already very clear to the leaders of Yoruba lands and Hausa lands; and after these elections I suppose there likely will be hell to pay both on the federal and state levels. The political structure and fabric of this nation will likely be permanently changed in a way that will be colossally disadvantageous to the SE. Already, PDP has been shamefully reduced from an almost invincible national party to a fragmented SE (+ SS) party so to speak. Because it's perhaps reasonable to assume that the other minority tribes still remaining in the PDP will also be alienated from that party in a matter of time.

What we might experience in years to come is the SE + SS splitting out of Nigeria. Even if this were to be the case, the ibos will still be the ultimate losers because that is when the pretentious fraternity with the SS will end because then the SS will make it clear they are not ibos or brothers to the ibos but independent tribes of their own. The SS will never allow ibos an inch near their lands to access the oil. Unless it can be magically transported through thin air, the billions-of-nairas-worth of assets ibos possess in the south west will largely be forfeited and re-claimed through Yoruba militias like the OPC. Same thing will happen in the North. If all the ibos returned back to their various indigenous states in the SE, even they wouldn't get along because somehow they always want to dominate themselves and this will lead to crisis. Generally ibos are arrogant and lack moral respect. Age means nothing to them. They only respect money, and so only respect themselves and others according to the money they possess. So ultimately, in a divided Nigeria, ibos have few to gain and plenty to lose. For their sake, I hope Nigeria doesn't divide. The SS has a lot to gain in terms of having 100% resource control if they were to become independent states. And if that were to happen, I can bet my money on it that the first thing they will do is probably drive out the ibos from their lands because the SS will never agree to be part of the so-called Biafra republic the ibos dream of. The SS will choose to remain independent states of their own, so that the ibos won't later label their territories a no man's land and then try to take over it with subtlety.

The civil war that happened is long over but the hate still lives on in the minds of the majority of ibos. It's time to drop the hate and forge ahead and embrace other tribes. That's part of the change we want, so we can build a better Nigeria. Nigerians loves the ibos and Nigeria needs the ibos just as much as the ibos needs Nigeria and I think it's time ibos start loving other Nigerians. Because right now all the majority of ibos do is "tolerate" other tribes, especially because they aren't the majority and they are in lands belonging to those other tribes. There's no love.

squeeze all that rubbish in the bin. What can a monkey and a baboon in the zoo tell us who should be our friend and enemy or how we should eat and dine

u are talking rubbish! For a start do u know Biafra is older than England; Do u know that the white man that created the zoo called Nigeria u are bragging about is met with them Biafra

So a yoruba press can go from Bendle igbo to mid-west to south south and now delta

and could u tell how these come to being

mad mad mad people
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by COCakanni(m): 9:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
Imanuelle:

Without the influx of the igbos, you think Lagos would be totally what it is today ?

Igbo people na only bi d tribe wey dey lag..... go to igbo land and develop ur ideas and mak ur home land great calabar 2 was Nigeria capital.... u igbos are ingrate the oba even giv una 3 good slut for house of assembly... wetin una want again.... somtin wey no go ever happen for una land....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by kettykin: 9:48pm On Apr 11, 2015
Sloan:

When that statement was made by Chief Obafemi Awolowo in Ibadan, Oyo State, was he talking to an Ibo audience? How many Ibos were at that meeting when he are that statement? How can a leader addressing his own people, in their own house affect or dictate how another people in a different land must take their decision? Mister, you and your ibo ilk have been peddling these lies for almost 50 years, are you people shameless? Was your leader who took his own people to war to get 3 M killed based on a conversation that was done in Yorubaland not make you see your leader as stupi.d, clueless, lacking in deep thinker and not worthy to lead even ants to a battle to attack sugar successfully?

where else is he supposed to make the statement ,when the same Obafemi Awolowo committed treasonable felony did he not commit it before the same yoruba elders did he have to go to IBB to commit it

So, the ibo war failed by the effort of Nigerian troops with all other Nigerians and their support, why can't you just get over it already? Everyone lost something but the difference is no other side or people had a leader so lacking in foresight, be lost 3M+ humans, destroyed the entire land, land size reduced to less than the size of many individual states and 49+ years later, not a dog or sugar ant will let you lead them to a common battle to attack a bowl of sugar.

the biafran war didn't fall because of the effort of Nigerian troops biafra willingly surrendered to reduce the effect of starvation on its citizenry, if Nigerian army was battle field effective why did they loose 3 divisions in the war and resort to hunger and sabotage of farmlands to end the war

You are not the only ones in Lagos, which is Yorubaland, why are the other 200+ tribes still developing their states and lands while living all over Nigeria without the noise making and chest beating of the ibo?? Losing the war does not make you owners of the another man's corner and this greed was the reason you were whooped the first time! Let ibos go and develop their lands and stop trying to steal the resources and lands of another people. This is exactly why the SS chased you off their lands in PH and will all Nigerians hold the ibo in perpetual suspicion!

The igbo race has 3 people in the British parliament yet Britain has not lost sleep, an igbo man was once an adviser to George Bush, a black man is the President of America yet America has not gone berserk with anti black sentiments ,are igbos investing in Oyo, ondo, Ekiti, kwara. Igbos invest in lagos because of the status of lagos as the former capital city of Nigeria, igbos will never invest in Illorin or Akure because that is purely yoruba area.

If the matter is too complicated for you to bear you can vote for a plebiscite

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 11, 2015
eaglechild:

Only God is above apology.

The last time I checked Oba is not God.

If you claim he is above apology then you are awarding him the status of God.
He may be your god but he is not mine.
He will continue to receive condemnation and law suits and will eventually end up at ICC if he refuses to do the needful.

Luckily he may not be as heady as some of his followers.

Who is god?

Is it god that would file the law suit? Or is ICC the quarters of god? All I can see man runs anything god. Why is that?

Don't be paranoid, no one is harming anyone. The oba erred and they have told you "pele". Still you want to be forming victim. The man talked and una don talk back, so sefini -- case settled.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Tushborn: 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2015
war between yorubas and igbos start d war we join yoruba people and finish those igbo noisemakers am aboki
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by ikeyman00(m): 9:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
@@@

Igbo people na only bi d tribe wey dey lag..... go to igbo land and develop ur ideas and mak ur home land great calabar 2 was Nigeria capital.... u igbos are ingrate the oba even giv una 3 good slut for house of assembly... wetin una want again.... somtin wey no go ever happen for una land..

u can only be taken serious when all the yorubas say let there be Biafra

and stop feeding on oil

mad mad people

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Ralphlauren(m): 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
praise010:
How many kings in the North threatened the Ibos the way Oba did?

How many kings in the north cautioned or stopped their subjects when they were killing the Ibos in the north? How many kings in the north have apologised over the death of numerous Ibo men, women and children killed by their subjects?
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by eaglechild: 10:15pm On Apr 11, 2015
theAtheist101:

Who is god?

Is it god that would file the law suit? Or is ICC the quarters of god? All I can see man runs anything god. Why is that?

Don't be paranoid, no one is harming anyone. The oba erred and they have told you "pele". Still you want to be forming victim. The man talked and una don talk back, so sefini -- case settled.
One has every reason to be paranoid since genocides have been started on less flimsy statements by less influential people who remained obstinate.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by eaglechild: 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ralphlauren:

How many kings in the north cautioned or stopped their subjects when they were killing the Ibos in the north? How many kings in the north have apologised over the death of numerous Ibo men, women and children killed by their subjects?

Imagine that their crime was keeping mute at evil. Then compare that with encouraging genocide publicly.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by amosode(m): 10:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
david2:
The Yoruba's should shut up....where were they b4 their oba came out to talk rubbish
You see your foolishness. It shows that you're not from a good home. If indeed you have home training you won't make that comment. Be warned and learn how to talk in the society that accommodate u.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by amosode(m): 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2015
eaglechild:

Imagine that their crime was keeping mute at evil. Then compare that with encouraging genocide publicly.
I think if indeed you understand the content of the King's statement and you understand the word libation and how is being performed according to Yoruba tradition you will agree with me that the king has not said anything wrong.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 11, 2015
eaglechild:

One has every reason to be paranoid since genocides have been started on less flimsy statements by less influential people who remained obstinate.

Yorubas are peace loving people. That is why people assume us as cowards. Only those thugs on the street cause trouble, because they are payed you do so. That does mean we would not fight when we are pushed to the wall.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Ralphlauren(m): 10:32pm On Apr 11, 2015
eaglechild:

And how did kabiyesi "encourage" genocide undecided

Which Ibo man has been reported dead in lagos before and after Kabiyesi's historic warning? undecided

You lot sat quiet and did nothing while ibos were being slaughtered like chickens in the north and you are here beating your chests in Lagos undecided. Abeg, park well.

Shebi Ambode has won in Lagos State. Ibos have no idea on what's going to hit them.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 11, 2015
amosode:

You see your foolishness. It shows that you're not from a good home. If indeed you have home training you won't make that comment. Be warned and learn how to talk in the society that accommodate u.

I'm not sure u have sense, cuz if u do u wount quote me
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Miletiti(m): 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Good question my brother,this Igbo ppl,What are they taking themselves for?

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by praise010(m): 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Really, you haven't heard their condemnation. Moreover, none of them instigated it like your Oba is trying to do. I am sure you clapped for PEJ when she said those shouting Change should be stoned.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by praise010(m): 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
Miletiti:
Good question my brother,this Igbo ppl,What are they taking themselves for?

What are they taking themselves for (sic)?

That they are entitled to vote for who ever they want without a traditional bigot threatening their life.

Is that too much to ask?

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by amosode(m): 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
That your statement" if only d OBA has been more prudent,....."is wrong. That is what we're saying. It's disrespectful. It shows that you're not humble. In that Libation that OBA performed, he said anybody that would not allow peace to reign in Lagos. If indeed the politicians among Igbo did not turn it to politics how would that statement be generalised to all Igbo in Lagos.

magneto:
Tsk tsk tsk...so much bile and hatred displayed here. Smh
sad

If only d oba had been more prudent wit his choice of words. I believe a friendly appeal would have yielded far more ibo votes for apc.

I even suspect dat a lot of ibos in lagos were not even as concerned abt d state elections, and would probably not have bothered coming out to vote...while many dat do vote would vote apc because of fashola's achievements.

All d same, I kindly appeal to every aggrieved ibo man or woman to pls cool ur temper and forgive the oba's outburst. Escalating dis kind of inter tribal animosity by hurling insults and inflammatory statements will not help our common growth as nigerians. Lagos has always been yoruba land, everyone knows it...the ibos know it...and the yorubas know dat they know it. Dat fact is not in contention. Be dat as it may, we are all nigerians and shld be free to live anywhere in d country and be treated with dignity. I am neither yoruba nor ibo, but I know dat any tension in any part of d country would not be beneficial to us all.

My yoruba brothers n sisters pls for the sake of peace and progress, forgive and overlook d seemingly over exuberance of our ibo brethren. I do not believe its an affront to ur tribe or lands, rather its in their nature to be so. We all have our pluses and minuses, but together we complement each other.

Let peace reign. One yoruba, one ibo, one nigeria!!
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Ralphlauren(m): 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
praise010:

Really, you haven't heard their condemnation. Moreover, none of them instigated it like your Oba is trying to do. I am sure you clapped for PEJ when she said those shouting Change should be stoned.

Your ignorance is epic.

Have you ever asked yourself why most riots and slaughtering of ibos in the north tend to happen on Fridays after their Jumat prayers? What do you think they are told in their mosques?

And how did Kabiyesi "instigate" us? Did you listen to his historic speech at all? Did he instruct his loyal subjects to drown you lot in the lagoon or what rubbish are you saying?

Stop trying to "sensationalise" your posts with adjectives that have no relevance with the issue at hand.

Look, I'm done conversing with your flat_head abeg.

I need to get dressed for Ambode's victory speech and rally wink he will also be paying homage to Kabiyesi in the next few hours.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by amosode(m): 11:05pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ur comment speaks a lot about whom you are and the kind of home that breed u.
david2:

I'm not sure u have sense, cuz if u do u wount quote me
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by amosode(m): 11:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
chowlade:

you must be joking
I pity this guy for or that claim. Go and read history about what happened to some Nigerians in Ghana who made similar claim to be native of Ghana because their parents never took them home. When the problem started they suffered for it.
I pray that won't happen in Lagos.
However, I will advise you to ask your parents about your origin and let them take you home.
What your forefathers who came to Lagos then might fear was death. That witch & wizard would kill them in their village and that's why they didn't take you home. Just a piece of advice anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

South Africans React As Nigerian Man Threatens To Retaliate In Boko Haram Style / Just Received My Stay At Home Relief Food Items From Edo State Government / FG Lifts Ban On Interstate Travels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.