Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

The Bible And Its Loopholes. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible And Its Loopholes. (548 Views)

Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. / The Bible And The Human Race. / Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible And Its Loopholes. by umukorophillip(m): 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
Does the Bible has a loophole? In the book of Genesis 6: 3 God said, "i will not allow people to live forever; they are mortal....120 yrs man shall live" As a Theologian, i began to reflect on this biblical injuction. But little did I know that the Psalmist has a mind-blowing injuction too. It spells it out in Ch.90:10. "Seventy years is all we have..." then stresses on the consequences of the attainment of eighty yrs. It says, "eighty years if we are strong. Yet all they bring us is trouble and sorrow" Then I ask, does the bible contradgict itself? Because, i have seen people who had (have) lived above 150 to 170 years. Your views please.
Re: The Bible And Its Loopholes. by phabuloz(m): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2015
Perhaps David was a lil drunk as usual b4 he said that grin
Re: The Bible And Its Loopholes. by kay1one(m): 6:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
Go and study about "life expectancies" during various phases in history! If that is what is making you lose sleep, you can join african traditional religion! It doesn't look like you are filled with so much to be wanted by a religion!
Re: The Bible And Its Loopholes. by Maamin(m): 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
umukorophillip:
Does the Bible has a loophole? In the book of Genesis 6: 3 God said, "i will not allow people to live forever; they are mortal....120 yrs man shall live" As a Theologian, i began to reflect on this biblical injuction. But little did I know that the Psalmist has a mind-blowing injuction too. It spells it out in Ch.90:10. "Seventy years is all we have..." then stresses on the consequences of the attainment of eighty yrs. It says, "eighty years if we are strong. Yet all they bring us is trouble and sorrow" Then I ask, does the bible contradgict itself? Because, i have seen people who had (have) lived above 150 to 170 years. Your views please.

I will need a concrete evidence of the bolded ASAP! Or adonbiliv u

(1) (Reply)

Thou Shall Not Wear Trousers To Church Alone!! / Great God We Serve! "God Of Vengeance At Work"! / God, The USA And The Gay Debate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.