Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,993 members, 7,863,556 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:02 PM

I Don't Understand This Feeling - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Understand This Feeling (1475 Views)

Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. / 9 Struggles Men Go Through Ladies Will Never Understand / How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Understand This Feeling by Hyinkar97(m): 7:51am On Apr 12, 2015
Hello peeps, I think I have to share this here maybe I will get some helpful hints.
As a fresher in the University of Ibadan, I stay in the school hostel. My problem started ever since I came in. Each time I'm not in class for lectures, I always have this strong feeling that I am not relaxed and I have this longing for home. I don't really know how to explain this but I always want my family and people around me. This is different from missing them cos this is not my first time of being away from home. The hostel is very lively but I feel like something is missing from me. I don't know how to explain than this. If anybody has an idea of what I mean, please help. It's ready affecting me psychologically. I need help.
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by 1trillionlikes: 7:55am On Apr 12, 2015
Change!!! New atmosphere, after may29, you wil be ok
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 12, 2015
Maybe u miss ur home environment. U can try going home next weekend and then come baclk to skul. Next case pls!
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Fairgodwin(m): 8:05am On Apr 12, 2015
Sorry to ask, how old are you please?

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by pasqal09: 8:13am On Apr 12, 2015
Fairgodwin:
probably a teenager
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by nairalife2013(m): 8:29am On Apr 12, 2015
This happen to siblings who are closely knitted. A family whose bond is to a point of one member feeling the other might get hurt or sick or unhappy when at a certain distance is bound to be subconsciously affected by the absence of one necessitated by society.
I suffered this when I was leaving home to start a distant sch life from the south to the north. Sometimes the agony became so overwhelming I found my self in tears. Most victims resort to drinking or smoking to assuage those moments as it becomes more desperate by the day. But these options could be the worst undoing for those who hope to lead a drug free adult life in the future as addiction is a universally known harmful practice hard to put an end to.
Read more novels, participate in sports and other social activities and, above all, dont let yur praying knees get lazy in supplication for God's divine intervention, as d matter is assumed to have eaten deep into u. Remember if u wallow in self pity and lovelorn, u are harming yur self and yur future by reducing yur inner strength in that direction. Avoid emotional or sentimental tunes and videos as these could be reminiscent in a way. Rather, take on the rock and roll, watch the hit and runs and the redhead guiter breakers and live yur life seemingly unannounced, like u were made in the streets. Inside and outside -Be cool. If u are the religious type just read yur holybook for inspiration as u may not garner such from secular inward behaviour.Rememeber u have something on yur hands to make yur people proud and a future to build with fabrics of the present that u must not let the past shatter. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Fairgodwin(m): 8:29am On Apr 12, 2015
[quote author=pasqal09 post=32624974]
probably a teenager [/

I agree.
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Fairgodwin(m): 8:30am On Apr 12, 2015
pasqal09:

probably a teenager

I agree.
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 12, 2015
so which hall are you staying?... do your parents too reside in Ibadan?
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by jnrbayano(m): 8:48am On Apr 12, 2015
You are homesick. Simple.

I reckon you are in your teen years and also this is easily your first serious foray outside home.

It is perfectly normal to feel this way now but will cease to be normal if you won't get over it. You will.

There's no remedial advice better than to remain in school and outlive it. Identify with your hostel people and try to form hobbies centred around your hostel. Create a home in your new abode.

You will be fine.
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 12, 2015
awww u jx miss them do much cos u are used to them smiley
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Hyinkar97(m): 9:14am On Apr 12, 2015
Enyogbe:
so which hall are you staying?... do your parents too reside in Ibadan?
I stay in Tedder hall... My parents stay in Ekiti
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Hyinkar97(m): 9:15am On Apr 12, 2015
nairalife2013:
This happen to siblings who are closely knitted. A family whose bond is to a point of one member feeling the other might get hurt or sick or unhappy when at a certain distance is bound to be subconsciously affected by the absence of one necessitated by society.
I suffered this when I was leaving home to start a distant sch life from the south to the north. Sometimes the agony became so overwhelming I found my self in tears. Most victims resort to drinking or smoking to assuage those moments as it becomes more desperate by the day. But these options could be the worst undoing for those who hope to lead a drug free adult life in the future as addiction is a universally known harmful practice hard to put an end to.
Read more novels, participate in sports and other social activities and, above all, dont let yur praying knees get lazy in supplication for God's divine intervention, as d matter is assumed to have eaten deep into u. Remember if u wallow in self pity and lovelorn, u are harming yur self and yur future by reducing yur inner strength in that direction. Avoid emotional or sentimental tunes and videos as these could be reminiscent in a way. Rather, take on the rock and roll, watch the hit and runs and the redhead guiter breakers and live yur life seemingly unannounced, like u were made in the streets. Inside and outside -Be cool. If u are the religious type just read yur holybook for inspiration as u may not garner such from secular inward behaviour.Rememeber u have something on yur hands to make yur people proud and a future to build with fabrics of the present that u must not let the past shatter. Goodluck.
Thanks man. .. This is really helpful...
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Hyinkar97(m): 9:16am On Apr 12, 2015
EroticAngelina:
awww u jx miss them do much cos u are used to them smiley
it's so overwhelming
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Hyinkar97(m): 9:17am On Apr 12, 2015
jnrbayano:
You are homesick. Simple.

I reckon you are in your teen years and also this is easily your first serious foray outside home.

It is perfectly normal to feel this way now but will cease to be normal if you won't get over it. You will.

There's no remedial advice better than to remain in school and outlive it. Identify with your hostel people and try to form hobbies centred around your hostel. Create a home in your new abode.

You will be fine.
thanks a bunch
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Hyinkar97(m): 9:18am On Apr 12, 2015
Fairgodwin:
this isn't all about age
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 12, 2015
Hyinkar97:
it's so overwhelming
I understand. u'll get over it.
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Hyinkar97(m): 9:25am On Apr 12, 2015
EroticAngelina:
I understand. u'll get over it.
thanks
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hyinkar97:
I stay in Tedder hall... My parents stay in Ekiti

The feeling is so normal bro.. Just make frnds and don't be idle all the time.. Also take time on weekends to visit family..
Ex-Zikite
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Hyinkar97(m): 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
Enyogbe:

The feeling is so normal bro.. Just make frnds and don't be idle all the time.. Also take time on weekends to visit family..
Ex-Zikite
I would have taken the family visiting part as a top priority but distance is the barrier... Came all the way from Ekiti
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by laplace12(m): 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
Op it is laziness masquerading as home sickness.

Get off that silly feeling and do your academic work. Chase your grade, time no dey oo!
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by adebayour26: 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
That shows you are too attached to your family members. Am not saying you should forget about them, but try to start being independent. You are already in d higher institution, you should av bcom an independent person.

Anytime u av d feelings, go visit ur friends, gist & be moderately social.
Re: I Don't Understand This Feeling by Hyinkar97(m): 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
adebayour26:
That shows you are too attached to your family members. Am not saying you should forget about them, but try to start being independent. You are already in d higher institution, you should av bcom an independent person.

Anytime u av d feelings, go visit ur friends, gist & be moderately social.
thanks man....

(1) (Reply)

What Is Expected Of A Married Man / Dealing With A Lying And Cheating Spouse / Response To "My Children Will Not Suffer What I Suffered" Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.