Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

“ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera (5427 Views)

Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand / How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard / Biafra VS Boko Haram. Pix Of Their Arraignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by lionstone: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2015
The Igbos are the wandering
Jews of West Africa… gifted,
aggressive, Westernised; at best
envied and resented, but mostly
despised by the mass of their
neighbours in the federation –
Henry Kessinger (famous
American diplomat)
Back in the days, men made
fortune out of war, war was
business. But today, the Igbos
are making fortune out of
business, because business is the
new war.
Before we talk about the plight
of the Igbos in Nigeria, let us
start by defining a word that has
been frequently used by the
Igbos to define their situation in
the country, marginalisation!
According to a good number of
dictionaries, to “marginalise”
means “to treat someone or
something as if they are
unimportant.”
It also means “to take or keep
somebody away from the centre
of action.” Another dictionary
defined it as “relegating
someone or a group of people to
a lower or outer edge of a
community or society.” For so
long, the Igbos have bitterly cried
out against apparent
marginalisation by the Federal
Goverment of Nigeria. There is
almost a zero federal presence in
the east, despite the fact that the
eastern region is the most
technologically advanced of all
the regions.
This suggests unequivocally that
the Igbo-speaking Nigerians
have been unjustly treated. There
is a well calculated ploy by the
powers that be from other ethnic
nationalities to ensure that the
Igbo region stays perennially
underdeveloped.
What the Igbos are going
through can be traced to none
other than Yakubu Gowon.
Gowon should explain why a
people who were by far the
dominant majority ethnic group
were suddenly relegated to only
one out of the three states
created by him in the old Eastern
region. Why alter demography
just to make the Igbos a minority
in a region where they were the
majority?
Since then, the Igbos haven’t
been able to get this injustice
reversed and till date, they have
seen more states and local
governments created in other
regions across the country.
Nigerian historians are
unanimous that the 1963 census
remains the most transparent in
the country till date.
The 1963 census stated that one
out of every four Nigerians was
an Igbo, which means that if
things were done equitably in
this country, the Igbos should
have a 25 per cent
representation in all federal
institutions as well as a 25 per
cent share of all states and local
governments created since
independence.
We must tell ourselves the truth
and stop living in denial. Nigeria
as it stands today is sitting on a
keg of gun powder and if we
must stay together as a country,
we have to sit down and discuss
the terms and conditions of our
coexistence. No section of the
country should be treated better
than others. I have heard some
northerners mutter several times
that power belongs to them.
“Born to rule,” the old Sokoto
State slogan is a clear
confirmation of what has been
psyched into the system of every
northerner.
And they keep saying “One
Nigeria?” Isn’t it obvious that the
northerners are more Nigerians
than other Nigerians? That’s why
they could openly threaten the
nation with violence like they did
in the just concluded presidential
election. It was peddled about
that if Buhari had lost the
election, there would have been
trouble in the country and as a
result, a lot of people voted
against their wishes especially in
the north.
So many issues need to be
addressed in this country. For
example, how do you explain
why Arabic is on the naira when
the official language of the
country is English? How do you
explain why an Hausa man is
allowed to carry daggers freely
when others get arrested for
carrying a razor blade?
Please, can someone explain to
me who the real Hausas are? I
have travelled to virtually all the
northern states and in most of
the states, the people I met
claimed not to be Hausas but
from other tribes. According to
them, that they spoke fluent
Hausa doesn’t mean they are
Hausas. Nancy who’s from
Kaduna always makes it known
to whoever cares to listen that
she’s not Hausa but Zango Kataf.
My guitarist who’s from
Nasarawa State grumbles
whenever I call him an Hausa
man. Amina, my Fulani neighbour
screams and curses whenever I
call her an Hausa lady.
So who then are the real Hausas?
What states are they occupying?
Stop using politics to bamboozle
me that Hausa is a majority. Stop
using politics to lump Hausa and
Fulani together because you
want me to think you are highly
populated. In the just concluded
presidential election, Katsina
State had over two million
eligible voters, I have been to
Katsina several times and I can’t
remember ever seeing so many
people there. How did they come
about the figures in the
presidential election?
May God save this country from
desperate politicians because it
doesn’t make any sense
politicising the population of the
North when we see otherwise
each time we travel there. It is in
the same light they claimed Kano
was more populated than Lagos
in the census conducted during
Obasanjo’s regime. We are tired
of these lies.
If we must remain an indivisible
country, the true population of
the Hausas, Igbos and Yorubas
and every other ethnic group in
this country must be made public
as well as the number of
Christians and Muslims. Enough
of the Hausa-Fulani scam or the
Zango Kataf man being counted
as Hausa.
Finally, the fact that other ethnic
groups see the marginalisation
of the Igbos as relative or just a
perception and not based on the
objective realities on ground is a
shame. The Nigerian army today
cannot produce a bullet but the
boys in Awka are producing not
only bullets but guns. An
unbiased Federal Government
would have taken advantage of
that and create employment as
well as exporting to generate
money for the country. With a
little government
encouragement, Aba can easily
rival the industralised nations of
the world in production.
If Ndigbo won’t be allowed to
enjoy the freedom, to develop
and maximise their collective and
individual potential through
unfettered access, use and
exploitation of God-given
resources – human and material,
the country might soon be
plunged into another years of
Biafra vs Nigeria and this time
around, there will be a victor and
a vanquished.

SOURCE:
www.informationng.com/2015/
04/etcetera-the-country-might-
soon-be-plunged-into-another-
biafra-vs-nigeria.html

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:46am On Apr 12, 2015
What do u know about war?
Can u shoot down a bird?
Stop instigating war;
I'm from the SE,but don't support the Biafra project.
#live and let live.

9 Likes

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by lionstone: 9:47am On Apr 12, 2015
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by fr3do(m): 9:57am On Apr 12, 2015
Would we come together as a country if we weren't forcefully colonized?
Regionalism is the answer.

5 Likes

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by fr3do(m): 9:59am On Apr 12, 2015
Jews are the Igbos of the middle east.
Igbo civilization preceeds Jewish civilization.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 12, 2015
Etcetera you are very much correct.

2 Likes

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 12, 2015
Always screaming useless marginalisation when things are not going their way. Why didn't you guys tell your gej to have empowered those guys in akwa that are producing guns when he was still the president? Abi didn't you people call jonathan your ibo president

When tinubu was calling these ibo people to come and form a strong political party with him, the ibos were busy shouting "amala party". Now that APC have captured the center, they are now shouting marginalisation marginalisation. Una never see anyghing yet, una go shout marginalisation from now till tha-kingdom-come,

Nonsense

Btw who the _fuck is this etcetera of a lunatic? Because he sounds like a broken record.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by fkaz(m): 10:08am On Apr 12, 2015
grin grin grin Where was he in the last five when a southern man was in power? Is he just realising these abnormality?
Secondly, to state that The 1963 census stated that one out of every four Nigerians was an Igbo, which means that if things were done equitably in this country, the Igbos should have more local government, states and more federal resource, sound funny. He should go learn more on criteria for creating state and local government. Most Igbo don't reside in the region, how will they get resource from FG
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 12, 2015
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by ebamma(m): 10:16am On Apr 12, 2015
On point etcetera,
make i wait for the comments

1 Like

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Welrez(m): 10:17am On Apr 12, 2015
People attack the South-South and the South-East for voting en masse for GEJ with little knowledge of reasons behind their act. The South-South and the South-East, to an extent, want fiscal federalism and regional autonomy and GEJ was the candidate who was favourably disposed to that idea. Once upon a time, a third region was also vociferous in their demand for regional autonomy and state police, but I never heard GMB said anything on this issue, yet they voted for him. I wonder if their demand was a scam! For those who think corruption is the problem, it will interest them to know that corruption is only a symptom of a sick system. It's akin to fever which shows that something is amiss in your system.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Flets: 10:18am On Apr 12, 2015
Buhari's posture at the presidency for the first six months will define Nigeria's future as a country.

The presidential and gubernatorial elections results along geographical maps are testimonies to our deep differences.

An unbiased observer should be truly disturbed about the emerging trends. The lines are drawn, the differences deepen and future uncertain.

Just one trigger and Nigeria as we know it might be history. The individual nations seem to be totally aligned.

4 Likes

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Adegbodolu1: 10:23am On Apr 12, 2015
Na lie. People will let them go this time.

Which Yoruba wan fight against Biafra? We would be glad.

4 Likes

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Caseless: 10:31am On Apr 12, 2015
what do you expect from a failed musician? Hack!
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by masseratti: 10:37am On Apr 12, 2015
Welrez:
People attack the South-South and the South-East for voting en masse for GEJ with little knowledge of reasons behind their act. The South-South and the South-East, to an extent, want fiscal federalism and regional autonomy and GEJ was the candidate who was favourably disposed to that idea. Once upon a time, a third region was also vociferous in their demand for regional autonomy and state police, but I never heard GMB said anything on this issue, yet they voted for him. I wonder if their demand was a scam! For those who think corruption is the problem, it will interest them to know that corruption is only a symptom of a sick system. It's akin to fever which shows that something is amiss in your system.
oh please I stop reading your post at a point, Jonathan is still there, he still has six weeks to go,let him get us true Federalism, you guys can lie,at the national conference the Igbos never supported true Federalism or regional autonomy, please make use of Google for records of what participants from south east said on that, only southwest and south south were angling for it out of the three regions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by IGBOSON1: 10:39am On Apr 12, 2015
Personally, i'd prefer we come together (South East and South South.....minus Edo/Itsekiri/etc) to pursue a common course through legitimate/peaceful means! A course that would either result in TRUE fiscal federalism, a smaller/leaner central gov't, and re-delineation of regional/state borders according to the wishes of the people based on a referendum.....either this or we all agree to disagree and go our separate ways!

We should be ready to form a common front to project our demands even up to the United nations if need be! Things can be done nowadays without resorting to war.....this isn't the dark ages anymore!

5 Likes

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by truefact: 10:42am On Apr 12, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
What do u know about war?
Can u shoot down a bird?
Stop instigating war;
I'm from the SE,but don't support the Biafra project.
#live and let live.
You are sabo... You are not a son of your father

2 Likes

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by masseratti: 10:43am On Apr 12, 2015
Adegbodolu1:

like seriously we would be really glad they go,i doubt if south south people and when I say south south that exclude edo and delta,will want to be dominated by Igbos in biafra.

Please let's allow them ooo before they start asking all the Oba in yoruba land to come and dance in the market.

1 Like

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by truefact: 10:45am On Apr 12, 2015
Keegan:
You are blind and stupid. Igbo are
enemy of progress and God
shamed them and will continue to
shame them forever if they fail to
repent. Show me any performer in
the east that supersede either
Fashola or Tinubu's performance in
Lagos. Shameless set of people,
lukuluku lo ma gbori yin danu! In
the first republic, Awolowo came
out as the best in the whole of the
Country for his performance in the
West, while in the 2nd republic
Latif Jakande was the best and in
this current dispensation let igbo
come out with anyone that perform
better than BAT or BRF in the whole
federation and many of these
ingrate and their wards benefited
from the good educational and
health policies of the Action Group
(AG), the Unity Party of Nigeria
(UPN) and the AD, ACN, APC
headed by these political genius
respectively. When our forefathers
were having empires, cities and
towns, igbo were in the thick forest
walking Unclad and living a
direction-less life lacked in moral
and intelligible culture, practising
osu with their fellow igbo even till
the present day, shame! If not for
colonization our paths wouldn't
have crossed and you'll be in your
God forsaken enclave. Igbo with
their latest madness and lack in
commonsense let the cat out of the
bag too early, they are clearly in a
deadly, dangerous and silly
competition with the Yoruba. Aso o
bo Omoye mo, o ti rin ihoho woja,
igbo are now open enemy to the
Yoruba. Ko si bi a se ma se ebolo ti
ko ni rungbe.
Yet you wanted them in your one Nigeria... Shame on you

2 Likes

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Abagworo(m): 10:45am On Apr 12, 2015
Flets:
Buhari's posture at the presidency for the first six months will define Nigeria's future as a country.

The presidential and gubernatorial elections results along geographical maps are testimonies to our deep differences.

An unbiased observer should be truly disturbed about the emerging trends. The lines are drawn, the differences deepen and future uncertain.

Just one trigger and Nigeria as we know it might be history. The individual nations seem to be totally aligned.

Can you fight a war? Jonathan did little or nothing for 6 years but some of you still supported him. Buhari will change Nigeria and we the masses will destroy anyone who dares to disrupt his government.

2 Likes

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Pavore9: 10:47am On Apr 12, 2015
NOT AGAIN!
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Flets: 10:47am On Apr 12, 2015
Abagworo:

Can you fight a war? Jonathan did little or nothing for 6 years but some of you still supported him. Buhari will change Nigeria and we the masses will destroy anyone who dares to disrupt his government.

Focus on your owerri politics, this topic is beyond you.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by truefact: 10:47am On Apr 12, 2015
Abagworo:

Why can't the likes of you tell buhari to divide Nigeria?
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by jmoore(m): 10:47am On Apr 12, 2015
No war.

Folks are just busy doing mouth exercise.

Etcetera, you are wrong this time.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by IGBOSON1: 10:47am On Apr 12, 2015
Adegbodolu1:

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Quick question though: If say Ndigbo leave......followed by the Niger Delta/South South in whatever configuration they choose, would the Yoruba still want to sustain what's left of Nigeria with their Northern allies, or would they seek to form their own independent Odua Republic with Lagos or Ibadan as its capital? Also, what do you think will be the fate of Lagos economically if the South East and South South leave in droves (let's say they're chased out by the Yoruba since they no more share the same country)? smiley
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by SOUNDKING: 10:50am On Apr 12, 2015
The elections caused more internal bleeding for sick nigeria. I dont see her surviving.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Mortiple(m): 10:51am On Apr 12, 2015
Spaced booked.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by IGBOSON1: 10:51am On Apr 12, 2015
truefact:

You are sabo... You are not a son of your father

^^^There are quite a few of his type among us! Of course they'd be free to relocate to the new Odua Republic or Arewa Republic to seek naturalization there!......I'm sure they'll be welcomed with open arms!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious Photo. When they Saw Buhari Embarking On Another Foreign Trip / Buhari - Chess Strategy - Appoint T.bakare As EFCC Head - Keep Magu As Deputy / Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.