Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

“ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera (5437 Views)

Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand / How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard / Biafra VS Boko Haram. Pix Of Their Arraignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by anulaxad(m): 10:54am On Apr 12, 2015
lionstone:
The Igbos are the wandering
Jews of West Africa… gifted,
aggressive, Westernised; at best
envied and resented, but mostly
despised by the mass of their
neighbours in the federation –
Henry Kessinger (famous
American diplomat)
Back in the days, men made
fortune out of war, war was
business. But today, the Igbos
are making fortune out of
business, because business is the
new war.
Before we talk about the plight
of the Igbos in Nigeria, let us
start by defining a word that has
been frequently used by the
Igbos to define their situation in
the country, marginalisation!
According to a good number of
dictionaries, to “marginalise”
means “to treat someone or
something as if they are
unimportant.”
It also means “to take or keep
somebody away from the centre
of action.” Another dictionary
defined it as “relegating
someone or a group of people to
a lower or outer edge of a
community or society.” For so
long, the Igbos have bitterly cried
out against apparent
marginalisation by the Federal
Goverment of Nigeria. There is
almost a zero federal presence in
the east, despite the fact that the
eastern region is the most
technologically advanced of all
the regions.
This suggests unequivocally that
the Igbo-speaking Nigerians
have been unjustly treated. There
is a well calculated ploy by the
powers that be from other ethnic
nationalities to ensure that the
Igbo region stays perennially
underdeveloped.
What the Igbos are going
through can be traced to none
other than Yakubu Gowon.
Gowon should explain why a
people who were by far the
dominant majority ethnic group
were suddenly relegated to only
one out of the three states
created by him in the old Eastern
region. Why alter demography
just to make the Igbos a minority
in a region where they were the
majority?
Since then, the Igbos haven’t
been able to get this injustice
reversed and till date, they have
seen more states and local
governments created in other
regions across the country.
Nigerian historians are
unanimous that the 1963 census
remains the most transparent in
the country till date.
The 1963 census stated that one
out of every four Nigerians was
an Igbo, which means that if
things were done equitably in
this country, the Igbos should
have a 25 per cent
representation in all federal
institutions as well as a 25 per
cent share of all states and local
governments created since
independence.
We must tell ourselves the truth
and stop living in denial. Nigeria
as it stands today is sitting on a
keg of gun powder and if we
must stay together as a country,
we have to sit down and discuss
the terms and conditions of our
coexistence. No section of the
country should be treated better
than others. I have heard some
northerners mutter several times
that power belongs to them.
“Born to rule,” the old Sokoto
State slogan is a clear
confirmation of what has been
psyched into the system of every
northerner.
And they keep saying “One
Nigeria?” Isn’t it obvious that the
northerners are more Nigerians
than other Nigerians? That’s why
they could openly threaten the
nation with violence like they did
in the just concluded presidential
election. It was peddled about
that if Buhari had lost the
election, there would have been
trouble in the country and as a
result, a lot of people voted
against their wishes especially in
the north.
So many issues need to be
addressed in this country. For
example, how do you explain
why Arabic is on the naira when
the official language of the
country is English? How do you
explain why an Hausa man is
allowed to carry daggers freely
when others get arrested for
carrying a razor blade?
Please, can someone explain to
me who the real Hausas are? I
have travelled to virtually all the
northern states and in most of
the states, the people I met
claimed not to be Hausas but
from other tribes. According to
them, that they spoke fluent
Hausa doesn’t mean they are
Hausas. Nancy who’s from
Kaduna always makes it known
to whoever cares to listen that
she’s not Hausa but Zango Kataf.
My guitarist who’s from
Nasarawa State grumbles
whenever I call him an Hausa
man. Amina, my Fulani neighbour
screams and curses whenever I
call her an Hausa lady.
So who then are the real Hausas?
What states are they occupying?
Stop using politics to bamboozle
me that Hausa is a majority. Stop
using politics to lump Hausa and
Fulani together because you
want me to think you are highly
populated. In the just concluded
presidential election, Katsina
State had over two million
eligible voters, I have been to
Katsina several times and I can’t
remember ever seeing so many
people there. How did they come
about the figures in the
presidential election?
May God save this country from
desperate politicians because it
doesn’t make any sense
politicising the population of the
North when we see otherwise
each time we travel there. It is in
the same light they claimed Kano
was more populated than Lagos
in the census conducted during
Obasanjo’s regime. We are tired
of these lies.
If we must remain an indivisible
country, the true population of
the Hausas, Igbos and Yorubas
and every other ethnic group in
this country must be made public
as well as the number of
Christians and Muslims. Enough
of the Hausa-Fulani scam or the
Zango Kataf man being counted
as Hausa.
Finally, the fact that other ethnic
groups see the marginalisation
of the Igbos as relative or just a
perception and not based on the
objective realities on ground is a
shame. The Nigerian army today
cannot produce a bullet but the
boys in Awka are producing not
only bullets but guns. An
unbiased Federal Government
would have taken advantage of
that and create employment as
well as exporting to generate
money for the country. With a
little government
encouragement, Aba can easily
rival the industralised nations of
the world in production.
If Ndigbo won’t be allowed to
enjoy the freedom, to develop
and maximise their collective and
individual potential through
unfettered access, use and
exploitation of God-given
resources – human and material,
the country might soon be
plunged into another years of
Biafra vs Nigeria and this time
around, there will be a victor and
a vanquished.

Will you keep quiet angry. What is your problem, the Igbo region (Biafra) has the highest literacy rate due to it bieng them most funded area in the country.
The region has a higher life expectancy than any other region in the country and finally it is by far the most privellgeed area in terms of free healthcare, freee education and investment. (Excluding Lagos and Abuja).

Rivers and Akwa Ibom and Delta state are the top three most funded states in the country, so honestly stop this annoying rant.

The northerners are the ones that are marginalized, they have the highest illiteracy rate in the country, the worst healthcare in the nation and millions of northern citizens made refugees by the radical insurgency which your son of the east Jonathan failed to tackle earlier. undecided

2 Likes

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by IGBOSON1: 10:54am On Apr 12, 2015
SOUNDKING:
The elections caused more internal bleeding for sick nigeria. I dont see her surviving.

^^^If it's for Nigeria as presently constituted, then i say GOOD!.....It can't happen soon enough!

I'm all for giving it a go if we can all sit down as equals to discuss how to reconfigure this entity into a true nation!
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by IGBOSON1: 11:00am On Apr 12, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
What do u know about war?
Can u shoot down a bird?
Stop instigating war;
I'm from the SE,but don't support the Biafra project.
#live and let live.

^^^I've just done a quick perusal of your profile! It doesn't show you're interested in any way about Igbo affairs; neither does it show you're interested in the way Ndigbo have been shortchanged since the end of the uncivil war!

What say you?
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by AjaoMT2: 11:04am On Apr 12, 2015
[b]I think the Igbos need to do some soul searching. Could it be that they are the architect of their own "misfortunes" ? While even the Yorubas, whom the Igbos believe are unreliable, appear to be more objective of recent while the Igbos attitude appear to be questionable. The same South-West that voted GEJ in the last election refused to vote for him this time around. Why? Because they believe that GEJ did not meet their expectation. The voting was not on tribal lines. Do you know that if Jega should contest against Akala for the presidency right now that the Yorubas would vote for Jega and would not use sentiments like "Akala is our son." I believe the SE and SS as well as many of the Igbos in Lagos voted mainly on such sentiments (as well as the news that Mr Presido was in Lagos a week before the elections giving out dollars) and we really need to move on now as a nation. we should not allow the elites to use tribal and religious sentiments to blind us during elections while they continue to rob us blind. The Igbos need to change and be more objective.[/b]

1 Like

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by EverestdeBliu(m): 11:06am On Apr 12, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^I've just done a quick perusal of your profile! It doesn't show you're interested in any way about Igbo affairs; neither does it show you're interested in the way Ndigbo have been shortchanged since the end of the uncivil war!

What say you?
The actualisation of this Biafian Republic,will only plunge Nigeria into a more dreadful war,dreadier than the former...is that what u want?
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by magicfingers009: 11:15am On Apr 12, 2015
Etc is a silly young man. This guy should be ignored
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by senier007(m): 11:16am On Apr 12, 2015
I believe this guy is either illiterate of what he is saying or playing with people intelligence, well failure has a way of hunting you, he failed as a musician suddenly he turn to creating controversy just to be relevant but remember u will be relevant but ur idiocity and lack of foresight will be well known, let me address some few issues he raised, well I must confess I have no grudges against any igbo, igbo people have this believe that they can take over anything any time once the condition is right for them, I could vivdly remember when I was staying in PH, my landlord refused to rent a house to an igbo man so I ask him, why land lord, his answer to me then was illogical until now, he said that this people are taking over PH thereby making the indigene irrelevant, I tot it's impossible, but with what had happen now in lagos it became obvious to me that it's in their blood to expand from their niche by fire by storm, u ask where are the hausas, well it's obvious, hausa is the general and the commonest language adapted by the northerners just to communicate, hausas are found in Kano, Jigawa, SoKoto, Kebbi, etc and mind you nasarrawa has two parts there is a part that is dominated by the hausa and you have the eggon, ombatse and the rest but all of the speaks hausa, the point is the north is more mature politically and wise enough to adapt hausa as their business language not official, and I believe the igbos stands to loose more if they decides to form their own biafra, the land mass of the six igbo speaking state is not upto one state in the north take for instance Niger state, and the SS will. Not be part of you people, so it's in your best interest since you people can't stay in your own niche and decides to be with nigeria to shut up and follow the majority one day u will be majority, u spoke about 1963 census, this is stupid and illogical argument coming from somebody that doesn't even know his left and right then, even after civil war u still want to hold that census as the true representation of your people? And besides for over 30 years the igbo marries only one woman with 3-4 kids on the average while the hausas or northerners marries 3-4 wives with 20-30 kids as average and u are still thinking about that census? U people have no political wisdom if not u people wouldn't have been in this mess. There is still a time, my advise to all my igbo brothers and sisters is to learn from GMB there is always a 2nd, 3rd and even 4th time chance just cuz u loose today it's not the end of the world, don't take its as if we hate you people, that's politics there is always a winner and a looser but people like this etc are bad loosers and they lack wisdom to mutter logical advise, they are the same people that like inciting people just to be relevant, the north and the sw have realise this, it's now left for you ppl to decide whether u will allow this kind of ppl to incite you or u will tell them it's time to move on from divisive politics.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by IGBOSON1: 11:18am On Apr 12, 2015
EverestdeBliu:

The actualisation of this Biafian Republic,will only plunge Nigeria into a more dreadful war,dreadier than the former...is that what u want?

^^^Why would there be war? So are people aren't allowed to determine who they want to share the same country with again?

When Scotland wanted to leave, didn't the UK allow them a referendum on the issue? What we saw happen in the case of the UK was that Westminster sold the idea of one united and prosperous UK to the Scots.....making concessions and giving assurances where necessary, and in the end the Scots elected to remain in the UK! That's all i'm asking for in Nigeria.....how is that bad? Let us have a referendum, and let the Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani sell Nigeria to the South East and/or South South....telling us why Nigeria should carry on; how Nigeria has benefited us; and how we're destined to share one true, equitable, just and fair nation!
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Kingspin(m): 11:20am On Apr 12, 2015
Nobody talk about u when u are nobody.The Ibos, Yorubas, Hausas and the rest only the truth shall set Nigeria free. If u leave the country like it is today next 100years will not change us but only a national restructure of the country will do that for us. We must strive to change the current statue quo which the Nigerian devil. Restructure the country now.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Kingspin(m): 11:31am On Apr 12, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^If it's for Nigeria as presently constituted, then i say GOOD!.....It can't happen soon enough!

I'm all for giving it a go if we can all sit down as equals to discuss how to reconfigure this entity into a true nation!
The last national discussion which the national confab came with was discarded by greedy conspire groups and some Nigeria where rejoicing at it in the name of change' oya can enjoy the change let us see. No talk no Nigeria, no agree no Nigeria.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by chrysso83(m): 11:32am On Apr 12, 2015
Keegan:
You are blind and stupid. Igbo are
enemy of progress and God
shamed them and will continue to
shame them forever if they fail to
repent. Show me any performer in
the east that supersede either
Fashola or Tinubu's performance in
Lagos. Shameless set of people,
lukuluku lo ma gbori yin danu! In
the first republic, Awolowo came
out as the best in the whole of the
Country for his performance in the
West, while in the 2nd republic
Latif Jakande was the best and in
this current dispensation let igbo
come out with anyone that perform
better than BAT or BRF in the whole
federation and many of these
ingrate and their wards benefited
from the good educational and
health policies of the Action Group
(AG), the Unity Party of Nigeria
(UPN) and the AD, ACN, APC
headed by these political genius
respectively. When our forefathers
were having empires, cities and
towns, igbo were in the thick forest
walking Unclad and living a
direction-less life lacked in moral
and intelligible culture, practising
osu with their fellow igbo even till
the present day, shame! If not for
colonization our paths wouldn't
have crossed and you'll be in your
God forsaken enclave. Igbo with
their latest madness and lack in
commonsense let the cat out of the
bag too early, they are clearly in a
deadly, dangerous and silly
competition with the Yoruba. Aso o
bo Omoye mo, o ti rin ihoho woja,
igbo are now open enemy to the
Yoruba. Ko si bi a se ma se ebolo ti
ko ni rungbe.
I hate u bastaard
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Kingspin(m): 11:43am On Apr 12, 2015
Keegan:
You are blind and stupid. Igbo are
enemy of progress and God
shamed them and will continue to
shame them forever if they fail to
repent. Show me any performer in
the east that supersede either
Fashola or Tinubu's performance in
Lagos. Shameless set of people,
lukuluku lo ma gbori yin danu! In
the first republic, Awolowo came
out as the best in the whole of the
Country for his performance in the
West, while in the 2nd republic
Latif Jakande was the best and in
this current dispensation let igbo
come out with anyone that perform
better than BAT or BRF in the whole
federation and many of these
ingrate and their wards benefited
from the good educational and
health policies of the Action Group
(AG), the Unity Party of Nigeria
(UPN) and the AD, ACN, APC
headed by these political genius
respectively. When our forefathers
were having empires, cities and
towns, igbo were in the thick forest
walking Unclad and living a
direction-less life lacked in moral
and intelligible culture, practising
osu with their fellow igbo even till
the present day, shame! If not for
colonization our paths wouldn't
have crossed and you'll be in your
God forsaken enclave. Igbo with
their latest madness and lack in
commonsense let the cat out of the
bag too early, they are clearly in a
deadly, dangerous and silly
competition with the Yoruba. Aso o
bo Omoye mo, o ti rin ihoho woja,
igbo are now open enemy to the
Yoruba. Ko si bi a se ma se ebolo ti
ko ni rungbe.
The seed of Tinubu is germinating. I una hear u say let Nigeria divide and stop talking whats go around comes around. No talk no Nigeria.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by IGBOSON1: 11:45am On Apr 12, 2015
@Adegbodolu:

IGBOSON1:

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Quick question though: If say Ndigbo leave......followed by the Niger Delta/South South in whatever configuration they choose, would the Yoruba still want to sustain what's left of Nigeria with their Northern allies, or would they seek to form their own independent Odua Republic with Lagos or Ibadan as its capital? Also, what do you think will be the fate of Lagos economically if the South East and South South leave in droves (let's say they're chased out by the Yoruba since they no more share the same country)? smiley
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by truefact: 11:52am On Apr 12, 2015
Keegan:

You must be a fool! How hold them, the Yorubas? Igbos have problem with Nigeria so let the deal with it.

You are the real fool... very myopic in reasoning and silly. Igbo has for year fighting for biafra.. . Have your likes in any way champion for the division of Nigeria so they won't leech on you again? You rant here and there...
A fool is someone who knows the solution to his problem, yet does nothing to it.

2 Likes

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by kabo(m): 11:57am On Apr 12, 2015
A good one
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by cheruv: 12:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
masseratti:
like seriously we would be really glad they go,i doubt if south south people and when I say south south that exclude edo and delta(excluding Anioma), will want to be dominated by Igbos in biafra.

Please let's allow them ooo before they start asking all the Oba in yoruba land to come and dance in the market.
fixed.
always remember to remove Anioma from delta state!
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by cheruv: 12:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
anulaxad:

Will you keep quiet angry. What is your problem, the Igbo region (Biafra) has the highest literacy rate due to it bieng them most funded area in the country.
The region has a higher life expectancy than any other region in the country and finally it is by far the most privellgeed area in terms of free healthcare, freee education and investment. (Excluding Lagos and Abuja).

Rivers and Akwa Ibom and Delta state are the top three most funded states in the country, so honestly stop this annoying rant.

[s]The northerners are the ones that are marginalized, they have the highest illiteracy rate in the country, the worst healthcare in the nation and millions of northern citizens made refugees by the radical insurgency which your son of the east Jonathan failed to tackle earlier[/s] undecided
that means something is fundamentally wrong with you guys if the North is undeveloped despite that same North ruling Nigeria for 40yrs+
when Biafra secedes,you northerners can rule for eternity!
as for BH,we all know it was a movement started by northerners to wrestle power from GEJ
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by lyntiffany(f): 1:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
AjaoMT2:
[b]I think the Igbos need to do some soul searching. Could it be that they are the architect of their own "misfortunes" ? While even the Yorubas, whom the Igbos believe are unreliable, appear to be more objective of recent while the Igbos attitude appear to be questionable. The same South-West that voted GEJ in the last election refused to vote for him this time around. Why? Because they believe that GEJ did not meet their expectation. The voting was not on tribal lines. Do you know that if Jega should contest against Akala for the presidency right now that the Yorubas would vote for Jega and would not use sentiments like "Akala is our son." I believe the SE and SS as well as many of the Igbos in Lagos voted mainly on such sentiments (as well as the news that Mr Presido was in Lagos a week before the elections giving out dollars) and we really need to move on now as a nation. we should not allow the elites to use tribal and religious sentiments to blind us during elections while they continue to rob us blind. The Igbos need to change and be more objective.[/b]
lies from the pit of hell, you all voted for APC cos of thier vice candidates is Yoruba.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by masseratti: 2:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
cheruv:

fixed.
always remember to remove Anioma from delta state!
bon voyage abeg...make we hear word.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by juman(m): 2:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
One nigeria is not in the interest of common people across the country.

One nigeria is a waste of time and slavery taking. It pays the useless 'leaders' alone.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by anulaxad(m): 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
cheruv:

that means something is fundamentally wrong with you guys if the North is undeveloped despite that same North ruling Nigeria for 40yrs+
when Biafra secedes,you northerners can rule for eternity!
as for BH,we all know it was a movement started by northerners to wrestle power from GEJ

Stop right there, first of all my name is Anu which means mercy in Yoruba tongue.

Secondly, your contradicting yourself, you say they ruled for 40 years or more which clearly isn not true, but if they so called did ( which is absurd if anyone thinks that) they spent the oil money on your region. Have you forgot the first president of this modern country was an Igbo.

I don't need to provide evidence for what I stated earlier any Igbo with common sense will agree with me. undecided

Who is fighting Jonathan if not his own people. What good has he done for nigerians during his tenure. Please undecided
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Super1Star: 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Kingspin:
Nobody talk about u when u are nobody.The Ibos, Yorubas, Hausas and the rest only the truth shall set Nigeria free. If u leave the country like it is today next 100years will not change us but only a national restructure of the country will do that for us. We must strive to change the current statue quo which the Nigerian devil. Restructure the country now.

What exactly is the truth?

Could you not have addressed the truth under GEJ, the president you were happy to be ruling through by proxy?

How do we change the status quo?

Who abrogated decentralisation of power and centralised it, making the centre what is it today?

What is your suggested restructuring format?

What are the ethnicities that comprises the so called Biafra some are calling for?
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Super1Star: 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
IGBOSON1:
@Adegbodolu:

Stop giving us that scrap of what we Lagos be like if SEeners leave. Lagos was before you came and will be when you leave. Lagos is the fourth largest economy on the continent, capital of west africa and an abode of diverse nationalities and ethnicities from all over the world.

Sincerely, you will not be missed for a second.

Why have you not channel the same so-called efforts resources and energy of yours that was channeled into Lagos, to develop alaigbo?

2 Likes

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Super1Star: 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Personally, i'd prefer we come together (South East and South South.....minus Edo/Itsekiri/etc) to pursue a common course through legitimate/peaceful means! A course that would either result in TRUE fiscal federalism, a smaller/leaner central gov't, and re-delineation of regional/state borders according to the wishes of the people based on a referendum.....either this or we all agree to disagree and go our separate ways!

We should be ready to form a common front to project our demands even up to the United nations if need be! Things can be done nowadays without resorting to war.....this isn't the dark ages anymore!

For the very first time, you spoke with an objective mind and not your Igbo mind.

However, what right do you have to drag non -igbos into your Biafra Pet Project without they willingly opting to go with the project. The same mistake of the 60s is still being repeated here.

Why the attache by force to SS people. Igbos by extension SE and igbo speaking communities in SS are big enough to format a nation. Why drag other non-igbo into your mirage of a country.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Kingspin(m): 4:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
Super1Star:

What exactly is the truth?

Could you not have addressed the truth under GEJ, the president you were happy to be ruling through by proxy?

How do we change the status quo?

Who abrogated decentralisation of power and centralised it, making the centre what is it today?

What is your suggested restructuring format?

What are the ethnicities that comprises the so called Biafra some are calling for?
Have u sincerely try to find out urself what is the real problem of the Niger Delta people? Now what do you feel or think is the problem of Nigeria? Have you been fellowing events past and present of how country who where having the same type of challenge like Nigeria overcame their own situation. Our solution is simple and difficult at the sametime but just requires sacrifice. Nigeria cannot work without the atmosphere of peace. If it regionalism, federalism, tribalism or religion etc let us practice the true one. Our problem remain disagreement in our diversity. We must collectively talk and agree the way forward. It should be a national project or vision. All part of Nigeria have to key into that vision. Nigeria shall be a great country if all side are united.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by AjaoMT2: 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
lyntiffany:
lies from the pit of hell, you all voted for APC cos of thier vice candidates is Yoruba.

If that is true, then why didn't they vote for APC in the last election because of the vice candidate who also had the same attributes as the present one. you guys should admit you are being sentimental and change for the growth and progress of our entire nation.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Super1Star: 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
Kingspin:
Have u sincerely try to find out urself what is the real problem of the Niger Delta people? Now what do you feel or think is the problem of Nigeria? Have you been fellowing events past and present of how country who where having the same type of challenge like Nigeria overcame their own situation. Our solution is simple and difficult at the sametime but just requires sacrifice. Nigeria cannot work without the atmosphere of peace. If it regionalism, federalism, tribalism or religion etc let us practice the true one. Our problem remain disagreement in our diversity. We must collectively talk and agree the way forward. It should be a national project or vision. All part of Nigeria have to key into that vision. Nigeria shall be a great country if all side are united.

We have discussed this severally. The declaration of a nation is a strenuous and tortuous one and how many can scale the hurdle of UN, except the ones sanctioned by the world powers and that will be based on their own selfish interests. Just one world power usage of her veto power at UN can quash such move. At best, keep. postponing the realisation of such lofty dreams.

One thing is certain, we need to decentralise the power at the centre.

That brings us to a pseudo-confederacy, in foem.of regionlaism. In my own opinion, true Federalism is impracticable in Nigeria because of the small landmass of the states (especially in the south) in comparison with the whole country that practises true federalism USA, which in reality is an amalgamation of over countries, which a side of West Africa.

We have to give the confederacy in terms of regionalism a trial again. With regionalism we can harness the resources of a large area for that particular area and with a stipulated percentage being paid to.the centre as royalty or tax, for the running of the central structures. With this, all regions will be forced to.look inward and utilise both their natural resources and human capacity to develop comparative advantage over other regions. With this. regions can go.into bilateral relationship with each other and synergies for the growth of their different regions.

Each region should be responsible for regional policing, how many states and local government or counties they want to have, public utilities, taxation etc.

It has its own disadvantage of promoting tribalism, ethnicism, and secessionist agenda. All these can be mitigated through our legal system.

The central government can be in charge of the Army, Foreign Affairs and other roles that we can conceded to the centre.

With this the NEW, NC and NE can rely solidly on Agriculture and Solid minerals, SW can rely on Education, Being a financial centre for West Africa, solid minerals, cash crops, oil, medical tourism, manufacturing activities and taxation ; SE can rely on her commerce, cash crop, oil and manufacturing activities and SS of course oil and maybe tourism.

There is no perfect system, but we need to evolve a political structure that favours us promotes meritocracy , healthy competition and cooperation.

Let's discuss objectively further, devoid of derailment.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Kingspin(m): 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
Super1Star:

We have discussed this severally. The declaration of a nation is a strenuous and tortuous one and how many can scale the hurdle of UN, except the ones sanctioned by the world powers and that will be based on their own selfish interests. Just one world power usage of her veto power at UN can quash such move. At best, keep. postponing the realisation of such lofty dreams.

One thing is certain, we need to decentralise the power at the centre.

That brings us to a pseudo-confederacy, in foem.of regionlaism. In my own opinion, true Federalism is impracticable in Nigeria because of the small landmass of the states (especially in the south) in comparison with the whole country that practises true federalism USA, which in reality is an amalgamation of over countries, which a side of West Africa.

We have to give the confederacy in terms of regionalism a trial again. With regionalism we can harness the resources of a large area for that particular area and with a stipulated percentage being paid to.the centre as royalty or tax, for the running of the central structures. With this, all regions will be forced to.look inward and utilise both their natural resources and human capacity to develop comparative advantage over other regions. With this. regions can go.into bilateral relationship with each other and synergies for the growth of their different regions.

Each region should be responsible for regional policing, how many states and local government or counties they want to have, public utilities, taxation etc.

It has its own disadvantage of promoting tribalism, ethnicism, and secessionist agenda. All these can be mitigated through our legal system.

The central government can be in charge of the Army, Foreign Affairs and other roles that we can conceded to the centre.

With this the NEW, NC and NE can rely solidly on Agriculture and Solid minerals, SW can rely on Education, Being a financial centre for West Africa, solid minerals, cash crops, oil, medical tourism, manufacturing activities and taxation ; SE can rely on her commerce, cash crop, oil and manufacturing activities and SS of course oil and maybe tourism.

There is no perfect system, but we need to evolve a political structure that favours us promotes meritocracy , healthy competition and cooperation.

Let's discuss objectively further, devoid of derailment.
I always talk about restructuring Nigeria not CHANGE. We need something like the national confab report. But some people will not understand. We must do the right thing in this country.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by IGBOSON1: 6:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
Super1Star:

For the very first time, you spoke with an objective mind and not your Igbo mind.

However, what right do you have to drag non -igbos into your Biafra Pet Project without they willingly opting to go with the project. The same mistake of the 60s is still being repeated here.

Why the attache by force to SS people. Igbos by extension SE and igbo speaking communities in SS are big enough to format a nation. Why drag other non-igbo into your mirage of a country.

^^^In the post you quoted, point out where i indicated that Igbos will 'drag non-Igbos into Biafra'! Or you just want to read your own meaning into clearly comprehensible posts just to make an argument?

You talk of 'attache by force'?...What then do you call those who are prepared to spill innocent blood to sustain a 'mere geographical expression' and keep the very people they hate as 'fellow countrymen'? Check all those that fret and lose sleep over the mere thought of the disintegration of this fake union and get back to me on your findings!

Now about you guys the Yoruba: You reckon you are not guilty of 'attache by force'? I don't hear any talk from your end of how to actualize Odua Republic! Are you scared to go it alone? Or are you waiting for others to do the groundwork first, and then you come in afterwards and take advantage of the chaos to free yourselves.....that's if you want to be free in the first place! Remember this is a golden opportunity to get rid of any 'unwanted guests in your land'!
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Super1Star: 6:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
Kingspin:
I always talk about restructuring Nigeria not CHANGE. But some people will not understand. We must do the right thing in this country.

What is the proposed restructuring you are calling for? It's ambiguous for goodness sake.

What is the right thing from your own point of view? What is right to you, might not be to others.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Can The Senate Do That The House Of Reps Cant And Vice Versa? / Just In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another SS Wannabe / Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.