Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

“ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera (5436 Views)

Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand / How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard / Biafra VS Boko Haram. Pix Of Their Arraignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Super1Star: 7:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^In the post you quoted, point out where i indicated that Igbos will 'drag non-Igbos into Biafra'! Or you just want to read your own meaning into clearly comprehensible posts just to make an argument?

You talk of 'attache by force'?...What then do you call those who are prepared to spill innocent blood to sustain a 'mere geographical expression' and keep the very people they hate as 'fellow countrymen'? Check all those that fret and lose sleep over the mere thought of the disintegration of this fake union and get back to me on your findings!

Now about you guys the Yoruba: You reckon you are not guilty of 'attache by force'? I don't hear any talk from your end of how to actualize Odua Republic! Are you scared to go it alone? Or are you waiting for others to do the groundwork first, and then you come in afterwards and take advantage of the chaos to free yourselves.....that's if you want to be free in the first place! Remember this is a golden opportunity to get rid of any 'unwanted guests in your land'!

We cannot talk of Odua Republic for now, because it is a long road to its realisation. That is the truth you guys hardly try to face.

Crossing the hurdle of UN for creation of a nation is a major task and you need to realise that.

Must everything be done through chaos and confusion?
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Kingspin(m): 7:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
Super1Star:

What is the proposed restructuring you are calling for? It's ambiguous for goodness sake.

What is the right thing from your own point of view? What is right to you, might not be to others.
Our problem has a solution. Decentralize power from the centre to the units is key to our development. True federalism.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by IGBOSON1: 7:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
Super1Star:

Stop giving us that scrap of what we Lagos be like if SEeners leave. Lagos was before you came and will be when you leave. Lagos is the fourth largest economy on the continent, capital of west africa and an abode of diverse nationalities and ethnicities from all over the world.

Sincerely, you will not be missed for a second.

Why have you not channel the same so-called efforts resources and energy of yours that was channeled into Lagos, to develop alaigbo?

^^^Nice one!

I find the bolded paragraph interesting......maybe you can help your brother out! Considering how tribal you guys are with Lagos (and believe me, i would totally buy into your sentiments given the right conditions) , i asked if the South East and South South/Ijaw/etc were to leave Nigeria do you reckon Lagos would still remain the 'economic hub and center of commerce and industrialization' for not just Odualand or the New Nigeria (New Nigeria being: mainly the Yoruba and your Hausa/Fulani brothers) but for the entire West Africa? Would it still have that economic gravitational pull it presently has; and what factors do you think are responsible for it having such a strong attraction in the region?

You said: Lagos is
'an abode of diverse nationalities and ethnicities from all over the world'!
You mean kinda like London, New York or Los Angeles?

If you say you wouldn't miss Ndigbo, can you now concede that Awo, Adekunle, OBJ, et-al all made a mistake in fighting to keep Igbos in Nigeria......if not fighting for an independent Odua Republic? If your argument is that Igbos dragged the South South/Rivers/Ijaw/etc into their 'failed Biafra project' and hence you guys -out of the kindness of your hearts- decided with your northern friends to free the South South et-al from their 'oppressors'......my question now is, why after 'liberating' these groups did you lot continue till the entire Igboland was brought back into your shithole of a country? Was it only after the uncivil war that you lot got an epiphany on the Igbo and 'their pesky ways'?

1 Like

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by IGBOSON1: 7:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
Super1Star:

We cannot talk of Odua Republic for now, because it is a long road to its realisation. That is the truth you guys hardly try to face.

Crossing the hurdle of UN for creation of a nation is a major task and you need to realise that.

Must everything be done through chaos and confusion?

^^^So when exactly is the 'perfect time' to talk of Odua Republic?.....The beginning of a long journey starts with the first step you know!

Crossing the UN 'hurdle' as you say is a major task, but not an impossible one....bare that in mind! Others have done it so why can't we?

Where have i advocated for chaos and confusion? Do you equate seeking for self-determination with chaos?.....Who will start it?

1 Like

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Super1Star: 7:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Nice one!

I find the bolded paragraph interesting......maybe you can help your brother out! Considering how tribal you guys are with Lagos (and believe me, i would totally buy into your sentiments given the right conditions) , i asked if the South East and South South/Ijaw/etc were to leave Nigeria do you reckon Lagos would still remain the 'economic hub and center of commerce and industrialization' for not just Odualand or the New Nigeria (New Nigeria being: mainly the Yoruba and your Hausa/Fulani brothers) but for the entire West Africa? Would it still have that economic gravitational pull it presently has; and what factors do you think are responsible for it having such a strong attraction in the region?

You said: Lagos is You mean kinda like London, New York or Los Angeles?

If you say you wouldn't miss Ndigbo, can you now concede that Awo, Adekunle, OBJ, et-al all made a mistake in fighting to keep Igbos in Nigeria if not fighting for an independent Odua Republic? If your argument is that Igbos dragged the South South/Rivers/Ijaw/etc into their 'failed Biafra project' and hence you guys -out of the kindness of your hearts- decided with your northern friends to free the South South et-al from their 'oppressors'......my question now is, why after 'liberating' these groups did you lot continue till the entire Igboland was brought back into your shithole of a country? Was it only after the uncivil war that you lot got an epiphany on the Igbo and 'their pesky ways'?

1. Before you came it was and after your departure, it will still be. Simple. There can be a vacuum I assure you. We careless about who is in.Lagos or not until your exposed clandestine take over mission, become obvious to.us.

I stand bold to say it will still have the same gravitational pull. It was the same gravitational pull that pulled your guys when you were not here. Sincerely, who made SE the spokes person for SS. Speak for SE only and stop lumping SE with ST dubiously.

2. There was no mistake in the war us you brought on yourself, after all path of peaceful resolution was closed. If you had not attacked Midwest and head towards SW, things woukd.have been different, I assure you. Your undoing was conquering Midwest and your compass reading SW as the way to Kaduna.

3. The SS people wanted liberation from.your shackles,manacles and reign of terror. Which the Nigerian State obliged.

4. Don't you get it, you do not have the right to.declare secession. It is a treasonable act against the state. No matter the guise. In the olden days, it is a crime that has a penalty of summary execution. If you had any grievances or secessionist agenda, there are laid down procedure by UN. Was it followed. NO. Your declaration is a crime against national and international laws. Therefore, the onus lies on the Nigerian state to reclaim every grain of.its soil, as stipulated in the Nigerian constitution and international boundary demarcations.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Super1Star: 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^So when exactly is the 'perfect time' to talk of Odua Republic?.....The beginning of a long journey starts with the first step you know!

Crossing the UN 'hurdle' as you say is a major task, but not an impossible one....bare that in mind! Others have done it so why can't we?

Where have i advocated for chaos and confusion? Do you equate seeking for self-determination with chaos?.....Who will start it?

First thing first.

Regionalism, which we have always been an hardened advocate of. From their to confederacy. With that, it will be easier to.approach UN.

When others are ready and tried of this quagmire, they will support our call for regionalism.

For your info, we are gradually tending towards Regionalism in sw, by ensuring synergies and cooperation among the states.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Super1Star: 7:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
Kingspin:
Our problem has a solution. Decentralize power from the centre to the units is key to our development. True federalism.

You are being ambigous and vague?

how do you achieve decentralisation of power and true federalism?

Be more cerebral and specific.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Kingspin(m): 9:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
Super1Star:

You are being ambigous and vague?

how do you achieve decentralisation of power and true federalism?

Be more cerebral and specific.
The states has to be independent. They have to generate their own revenue and remit some percentage at the centre accordingly. For years now all we are use to is sharing the money every mont whether u utilize the previous money or not. This oil of a thing will not help the country forever. Working for Nigeria has to go round.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by IGBOSON1: 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
Super1Star:

1. Before you came it was and after your departure, it will still be. Simple. There can be a vacuum I assure you. We careless about who is in.Lagos or not until your exposed clandestine take over mission, become obvious to.us.

I stand bold to say it will still have the same gravitational pull. It was the same gravitational pull that pulled your guys when you were not here. Sincerely, who made SE the spokes person for SS. Speak for SE only and stop lumping SE with ST dubiously.

2. There was no mistake in the war us you brought on yourself, after all path of peaceful resolution was closed. If you had not attacked Midwest and head towards SW, things woukd.have been different, I assure you. Your undoing was conquering Midwest and your compass reading SW as the way to Kaduna.

3. The SS people wanted liberation from.your shackles,manacles and reign of terror. Which the Nigerian State obliged.

4. Don't you get it, you do not have the right to.declare secession. It is a treasonable act against the state. No matter the guise. In the olden days, it is a crime that has a penalty of summary execution. If you had any grievances or secessionist agenda, there are laid down procedure by UN. Was it followed. NO. Your declaration is a crime against national and international laws. Therefore, the onus lies on the Nigerian state to reclaim every grain of.its soil, as stipulated in the Nigerian constitution and international boundary demarcations.

Of course Lagos existed before Igbos and will exist long after we're gone....i wish you guys the best! It will exist just like Lome, Cotonou, Accra, Monrovia, Freetown, etc! Get my point?......I'm saying that Lagos will become a shadow of its former self if the South South and South East leave, and if you believe otherwise then you're being daft! If you reckon just Yorubas can keep and maintain Lagos' present pull and economic status in West Africa (given how tribal, sensitive, intolerant and xenophobic some of you are), then i ask why the same magic hasn't been replicated in Ibadan?

Lagos of today has expanded in relation to the demands put on it by NIGERIA and not just the Yoruba (or not just Yoruba and your Hausa/Fulani friends), and if part of Nigeria should pull out, and the rest of West Africa realize exactly how xenophobic some of you can be, i can assure you Lagos will become little more than Ibadan; with near-empty sea ports; a int'l airport operating way below its capacity; empty high rise buildings; a derelict Marina; empty roads; you name it....it would be a shadow of its former self and you know it!

I include the South South/Ijaw/etc leaving in this scenario because (as the recent pattern of voting in the on-going elections shows) they (like Ndigbo) also have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in common with you guys! If you really think they will remain with you hateful lot if Ndigbo leave then you've got another think coming! The only reason you fret about them leaving if Ndigbo leave is because you've got your beady eyes on their oyel! You feel they're not good enough to produce the President of Nigeria, yet you still want their oyel! If you say GEJ just wasn't the real mccoy then i ask why couldn't APC have asked the South South to produce a better alternative to finish their own two-terms like everyone else? The fact of the matter is you guys -for whatever reason- decided to gang-up with the Hausa/Fulani to return power back to the north (not even a northern middle-belter, but another Fulani for that matter)! This is nothing but pure deceit!

Are you saying that prior to Biafra attempting to take the war to the enemy instead of sitting like sitting ducks (an enemy you lot saw no problem in hosting in YOUR LAND.....as you're fond of calling it)....are you saying that you were neutral up to this point? Was it only at this point that Awo, OBJ and Adekunle decided to join up with the northern led gov't and military?

You say the South South (SS) wanted liberation from our 'shackles, manacles and reign of terror'? Is it the same South South you look down on and feel they're 2nd rate citizens of Nigeria and hence should not be allowed to produce the President in 2015; is it the same S/S that -despite the oyel being located on their land- don't feature in the latest Forbes list of the richest Africans.....a list dominated by and featuring solely Fulani and Yoruba to the exclusion of all other 200+ ethnicities in Nigeria (liberators my black dic'k!); is it the same SS that a Fulani led military gov't hunted down and murdered their son (Saro Wiwa) whose only offence was seeking for the fair treatment of his people (the Ogonis) and their liberation from the so-called liberators of the South South (how ironic); is it the same SS who have inter-married and lived peacefully with Igbos for centuries....until a greedy third party came into the picture in the name of 'one Nigeria' and caused disaffection between brothers for their own selfish gain?......and i could go on and on! You care to list the exact sins of Ndigbo towards the South South just so we can compare it with Nigerias' own rap-sheet!

Fair enough, we don't have a right to unilaterally declare secession from Nigeria.....accepted; that was 1967......we're now in 2015, and are going to do things a bit differently this time! The fact of the matter is you and i have no business being in the same country, and we need to address this anomaly!
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Super1Star: 9:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
Kingspin:
The states has to be independent. They have to generate their own revenue and remit some percentage at the centre accordingly. For years now all we are use to is sharing the money every mont whether u utilize the previous money or not. This oil of a thing will not help the country forever. Working for Nigeria has to go round.

You want state independence. Ok.

How many of the states will be viable? Maximum of 11 or 12 being --- Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Abia,Ondo because of their oil derivation status and Lagos, Kano, Ogun, Oyo, Ondo because of their Internally Generated Funds.

What should happen to others?

Regionalism remains our best bet. The states within a region can harness their resources and take advantage of their comparative advantages by synergising and co-operation.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by IGBOSON1: 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
Super1Star:

How many of the states will be viable? Maximum of 11 or 12 being --- Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Abia,Ondo because of their oil derivation status and Lagos, Kano, Ogun, Oyo, Ondo because of their Internally Generated Funds.

Regionalism remains our best bet. The states within a region can harness their resources and take advantage of their comparative advantages by synergising and co-operation.

^^^Noise!

What plans have your APC got in the pipeline to enthrone true fiscal federalism or regionalism?
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by rman: 9:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
IGBOSON1:

Of course Lagos existed before Igbos and will exist long after we're gone....i wish you guys the best! It will exist just like Lome, Cotonou, Accra, Monrovia, Freetown, etc! Get my point?......I'm saying that Lagos will become a shadow of its former self if the South South and South East leave, and if you believe otherwise then you're being daft! If you reckon just Yorubas can keep and maintain Lagos' present pull and economic status in West Africa (given how tribal, sensitive, intolerant and xenophobic some of you are), then i ask why the same magic hasn't been replicated in Ibadan?

Lagos of today has expanded in relation to the demands put on it by NIGERIA and not just the Yoruba (or not just Yoruba and your Hausa/Fulani friends), and if part of Nigeria should pull out, and the rest of West Africa realize exactly how xenophobic some of you can be, i can assure you Lagos will become little more than Ibadan; with near-empty sea ports; a int'l airport operating way below its capacity; empty high rise buildings; a derelict Marina; empty roads; you name it....it would be a shadow of its former self and you know it!

I include the South South/Ijaw/etc leaving in this scenario because (as the recent pattern of voting in the on-going elections shows) they (like Ndigbo) also have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in common with you guys! If you really think they will remain with you hateful lot if Ndigbo leave then you've got another think coming! The only reason you fret about them leaving if Ndigbo leave is because you've got your beady eyes on their oyel! You feel they're not good enough to produce the President of Nigeria, yet you still want their oyel! If you say GEJ just wasn't the real mccoy then i ask why couldn't APC have asked the South South to produce a better alternative to finish their own two-terms like everyone else? The fact of the matter is you guys -for whatever reason- decided to gang-up with the Hausa/Fulani to return power back to the north (not even a northern middle-belter, but another Fulani for that matter)! This is nothing but pure deceit!

Are you saying that prior to Biafra attempting to take the war to the enemy instead of sitting like sitting ducks (an enemy you lot saw no problem in hosting in YOUR LAND.....as you're fond of calling it)....are you saying that you were neutral up to this point? Was it only at this point that Awo, OBJ and Adekunle decided to join up with the northern led gov't and military?

You say the South South (SS) wanted liberation from our 'shackles, manacles and reign of terror'? Is it the same South South you look down on and feel they're 2nd rate citizens of Nigeria and hence should not be allowed to produce the President in 2015; is it the same S/S that -despite the oyel being located on their land- don't feature in the latest Forbes list of the richest Africans.....a list dominated by and featuring solely Fulani and Yoruba to the exclusion of all other 200+ ethnicities in Nigeria (liberators my black dic'k!); is it the same SS that a Fulani led military gov't hunted down and murdered their son (Saro Wiwa) whose only offence was seeking for the fair treatment of his people (the Ogonis) and their liberation from the so-called liberators of the South South (how ironic); is it the same SS who have inter-married and lived peacefully with Igbos for centuries....until a greedy third party came into the picture in the name of 'one Nigeria' and caused disaffection between brothers for their own selfish gain?......and i could go on and on! You care to list the exact sins of Ndigbo towards the South South just so we can compare it with Nigerias' own rap-sheet!

Fair enough, we don't have a right to unilaterally declare secession from Nigeria.....accepted; that was 1967......we're now in 2015, and are going to do things a bit differently this time! The fact of the matter is you and i have no business being in the same country, and we need to address this anomaly!

All this because your preferred candidate lost an election at the center?

1 Like

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Kingspin(m): 9:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
Super1Star:

Yes regionalism is the best suitor it will accomodate every body But, then who will do it. Yes it require sacrifice but are some people ready to pay the prize and make Nigeria great. Only the truth shall set Nigeria free.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Super1Star: 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
IGBOSON1:

1. Which ethnic group has made it a duty to keep creating unnecessary inciting, daft, stup1d and provocative statements over Lagos? Ibos. Out of all the other ethnicities and nationalities in Lagos. We have never heard the Hausas, Ibibios, Binis, Itshekiris, Kanuris, Indians, Lebanese, Americans, Japanese, Indians etc call it No Man;s land or utter provocative statements. Why is it onlty the Ibos? don't you think you guys need to check yourself. You hate verybody and even yourselves. Anambra lording it over other alaigbo states says it all.

I repeat, leave Lagos and you shall not be missed for a second, I assure you.

We have developed Lagos, we are working on Ogun presently and there is none of your state capital that can match Ibadan, without any iota of doubt. Mention the city. Do not give me the crap of brown roofs, because it is a city of the new and old parts, that has enough land to accommodate both, which you do not have luxury of.

Yoruba nation is over 50milion. We have the population to replace your departure. Apart from that, more investors all over the world will troop in.

2. We are not bothered about SS. We are not related to majority of them except Itshekiris and Edos and we do not even hang on their neck to be part of yoruba nation. If they are comfortable with you, taht is their headache and not ours. Let them come and tell us they are SS/SE and not Ibos dragging them into what is not. Geopolitically, SS and SW are 2 different entities. Period.

3. Gang up with the hausa/fulani to vote out an ijaw man. Did we not gang up with the same iaw in 20111 to elect him? did you not gang up with the same ijaw to try to retain him in 2015? You supported an alliance that favours you and we did for the one that pleases us, just like we did in 2011. No Story.

Ibos support for GEJ was not borne out of objectivity of performance but out of subjectivity of ruling by proxy. Period. No wonder, you contributed immensely to his aborted 2nd term bid.

4. APC should have asked a SS to contest? Funny you. Thi is democracy dude. Was their any SS person in APC that wanted to pick up presidential form that was denied or you expected them to just pick someone, in form of selecto-cracy or in the manner of sham PDP used for their own candidacy.

5. We have no business in being in the same geographical boundary. Our cultures and way of lives are totally different. We are not loud, lousy boastful and provocative, likewise our cousins Itshekiris and Binis. Kindly expedite your case at the UN Security Council and let them approve your pet project and move on. We wish you the very best and it wil definitely be good riddance to rubbish on our side.

1 Like

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by IGBOSON1: 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
rman:

All this because your preferred candidate lost an election at the center?

^^^What part of my post do you have a problem with?
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Super1Star: 9:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Noise!

What plans have your APC got in the pipeline to enthrone true fiscal federalism or regionalism?

funy you. Have you ever seen me say Up APC or Sai APC?

I surely can differentiate between good governance and visionary leadership from a clueless one.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by rdokoye: 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
AjaoMT2:
[b]I think the Igbos need to do some soul searching. Could it be that they are the architect of their own "misfortunes" ? While even the Yorubas, whom the Igbos believe are unreliable, appear to be more objective of recent while the Igbos attitude appear to be questionable. The same South-West that voted GEJ in the last election refused to vote for him this time around. Why? Because they believe that GEJ did not meet their expectation. The voting was not on tribal lines. Do you know that if Jega should contest against Akala for the presidency right now that the Yorubas would vote for Jega and would not use sentiments like "Akala is our son." I believe the SE and SS as well as many of the Igbos in Lagos voted mainly on such sentiments (as well as the news that Mr Presido was in Lagos a week before the elections giving out dollars) and we really need to move on now as a nation. we should not allow the elites to use tribal and religious sentiments to blind us during elections while they continue to rob us blind. The Igbos need to change and be more objective.[/b]

Goodluck Jonathan is NOT IGBO!!!!!
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by rdokoye: 9:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
EverestdeBliu:

The actualisation of this Biafian Republic,will only plunge Nigeria into a more dreadful war,dreadier than the former...is that what u want?

There won't need to be any war. Anyway, you can't force people to be in a nation. If the people want out, then they will have it. For now, the focus should be on all the ethnic tension, because when I look at Nigeria, I immediately think of Yugoslavia.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Super1Star: 9:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
Kingspin:
Yes regionalism is the best suitor it will accomodate every body But, then who will do it. Yes it require sacrifice but are some people ready to pay the prize and make Nigeria great. Only the truth shall set Nigeria free.

Wait and see.

Its a grand plan that is evolving gradually. Only the people that has foresight can see it.

1. You need to put proper legislation in place that is in tandem with amendments of constitution.

2. Do a proper people assembly confab without any restriction on what can be discussed.

These will unfold gradually. Just chill.
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by IGBOSON1: 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2015
Super1Star:

1. Which ethnic group has made it a duty to keep creating unnecessary inciting, daft, stup1d and provocative statements over Lagos? Ibos. Out of all the other ethnicities and nationalities in Lagos. We have never heard the Hausas, Ibibios, Binis, Itshekiris, Kanuris, Indians, Lebanese, Americans, Japanese, Indians etc call it No Man;s land or utter provocative statements. Why is it onlty the Ibos? don't you think you guys need to check yourself. You hate verybody and even yourselves. Anambra lording it over other alaigbo states says it all.

I repeat, leave Lagos and you shall not be missed for a second, I assure you.

We have developed Lagos, we are working on Ogun presently and there is none of your state capital that can match Ibadan, without any iota of doubt. Mention the city. Do not give me the crap of brown roofs, because it is a city of the new and old parts, that has enough land to accommodate both, which you do not have luxury of.

Yoruba nation is over 50milion. We have the population to replace your departure. Apart from that, more investors all over the world will troop in.

2. We are not bothered about SS. We are not related to majority of them except Itshekiris and Edos and we do not even hang on their neck to be part of yoruba nation. If they are comfortable with you, taht is their headache and not ours. Let them come and tell us they are SS/SE and not Ibos dragging them into what is not. Geopolitically, SS and SW are 2 different entities. Period.

3. Gang up with the hausa/fulani to vote out an ijaw man. Did we not gang up with the same iaw in 20111 to elect him? did you not gang up with the same ijaw to try to retain him in 2015? You supported an alliance that favours you and we did for the one that pleases us, just like we did in 2011. No Story.

Ibos support for GEJ was not borne out of objectivity of performance but out of subjectivity of ruling by proxy. Period. No wonder, you contributed immensely to his aborted 2nd term bid.

4. We have no business in being in the same geographical boundary. Our cultures and way of lives are totally different. We are not loud, lousy boastful and provocative, likewise our cousins Itshekiris and Binis. Kindly expedite your case at the UN Security Council and let them approve your pet project and move on. We wish you the very best and it wil definitely be good riddance to rubbish on our side.

^^^You waffle on and on without doing justice to any of the points i raised!

Your major grouse with Ndigbo is that a handful of us (out of millions) have said Lagos is a no mans land abi? That, and the fact we 'had the temerity' to want to take the fight to the enemy during the uncivil war.....an enemy you saw no problem in hosting even as you deceptively proclaimed your neutrality on the rooftops! You urge us to emulate the godly and friendly nature of other Nigerian ethnic groups; like say the Hausa/Fulani and kanuri abi?......You must be having a laugh!

Now listen up!....The above is the summation of your grouse with Ndigbo!! Now how does that stack up against my own grouse with some of your kinsfolk?......Who in one way or the other have the blood of millions of Igbo on their hands and on their conscience! Do you know one of your kinsfolk was withdrawn as Ambassador to the US during the time of Yar'Adua for mocking the plight of Ndigbo during the uncivil war? You know about the same time this happened another of your kinsfolk (whose mouth was running like a broken tap.....kinda like the same affliction your Lagos Oba is currently suffering from) was forced to make a public apology after equally mocking Ndigbo over the same war......his name escapes me but i remember the incident vividly! Now from the foregoing, you tell exactly who is making worse provocative statements against the other! Whatever little family problems we have, at least it doesn't lead to bloodshed or violence so don't cry more than the bereaved!

That Lagos is called anything by anyone in Nigeria is a cross you will have to bear (at least until this shithole of a country disintegrates)....this is what happens when you cunningly divert everything to one region or city and leave others bereft of developmental enablers! Lagos is home to all so nobody has more rights to live, work there or take umbrage over negative comments made against it than anyone else!

You don't get it do you? Get it into your thick skull that Nigeria made Lagos not just Yoruba, and if Nigeria ceases to exist Lagos will cease to be the center of commerce and industry that it is today! At best, it would become like Cotonou; i hear the Beninoise are your brothers so the comparison is quite apt! The issue here isn't whether Ibadan is better than Enugu or not; rather the issue here is whether Lagos will maintain its present status in the event of Nigeria splitting, and the answer is a resounding no! You really think other West Africans or the wider int'l community would want to come and settle in Lagos after seeing how sensitive and tribal you guys can be? If the 3rd or 4th generation of say Ghanaian immigrants wants to vie for election as Governor in Lagos, your reaction wouldn't be any different from what we're witnessing today; you'll tell him that he should park well; remind him to know his place in Lagos and respect the owners of the land.....you'll go on to remind him that he's free to retrace the footsteps of his forebears and head back to Ghana.....to cut a long story short, you'll tell him in no uncertain terms to eff-off!

You say Yoruba (with the sensitive and tribal attitude some of you presently have) has the population to maintain Lagos' status after Nigerias' demise? That shows how little you know of what it takes to build world-class international cities...cities that make all feel welcome and make everyone have a sense of belonging!

When i talk of retaining a South Southerner to complete their 2nd term like everyone else does (especially in light of the fact that they're the long-suffering goose that lays the golden egg)....when i talk of this i'm talking of justice and giving everyone a sense of belonging! What's the hurry in handing power back to the Fulani; are you so daft that you can't see through their machinations; what with all the making Nigeria ungovernable and criticizing GEJs regime at the slightest opportunity? They never allowed that poor man a moments peace and cooperation from day one! Now you scheming lot in APC are asking all Nigerians to support Buhari! Isn't this deceit!!? If there was any southern solidarity like they have up north, you guys wouldn't have caved in so easily to their bribes, blackmail or threats! It's not even as if they brought forward a young energetic technocrat brimming with ideas!

You say our leaving would be good riddance to bad rubbish?......Admit it man, you'd miss us! In any case, unlike your stand, ALL Yoruba will be welcome to the new Igbo Republic and once you regularize your stay you would be free to partake in all activities like everyone else! What is needed right now is that we both give ourselves some sort of space so any lingering ill-feelings can heal with time instead of being swept under the carpet pretending they don't exist!
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 12, 2015
Adegbodolu1:
Na lie. People will let them go this time.

Which Yoruba wan fight against Biafra? We would be glad.

The truth
Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 13, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Quick question though: If say Ndigbo leave......followed by the Niger Delta/South South in whatever configuration they choose, would the Yoruba still want to sustain what's left of Nigeria with their Northern allies, or would they seek to form their own independent Odua Republic with Lagos or Ibadan as its capital? Also, what do you think will be the fate of Lagos economically if the South East and South South leave in droves (let's say they're chased out by the Yoruba since they no more share the same country)? smiley

Mehn you really have no idea..! The yoruba region is the richest in the country in terms of mineral resources. I read an article where a former commissioner in ondo state talked about the bitumen deposit in ondo state being enough to make nigeria the richest country in Africa without oil, the same ondo has oil, lagos has basically untapped too. Our lands are d most fertile for agriculture in the country. Precious stones nko, that's what I deal in and you really do not want to get me started on that. Yorubas are the most industrialised persons in the country no doubt and with an enviable capital in lagos state, the southwest will be unstoppable!

Any news of a serious movement for the actualisation of Biafra by the igbos right now will be recieved with great jubilation by the yorubas. We will do all we can to help make it a reality. Gladly. kiss

1 Like

Re: “ONE NIGERIA Might Soon Be Plunged Into Another Biafra Vs Nigeria” - Etcetera by tck2000(m): 11:49am On Jun 08, 2019
NO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

21 Of 23 anti aircraft guns sold to bokoharam under PMB pics / Tinubu Gives Strong Warning As He Finally Speaks On His Relationship Withbuhari, / Pictures Of My President's Convoy Back To Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.