Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement (40009 Views)

Nuhu Ribadu, Hamid Ali Tipped To Replace Magu At EFCC / Nuhu Ribadu Formally Returns To APC / Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by tuncy(m): 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
You are invited to the final burial ceremony of PDP; May 29, 2015 at the eagle square abuja... Mass interment holds today and National cemetery Abuja and Lagos... 10pm... Pls be there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Texasplus: 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
Good jobs
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by calebbintus: 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
Lolz
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
phemmyjohnson:
He would have been part of the change buh he wanted disaster instead!!!
Migrating from one party to the other..
Nemesis catching up with Ribadu live in 3D!!!
Definately the end of the journey for him..
"Two minutes silence for his political career"

Buhahaha grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by mbulela: 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
Shameless man with no integrity.
I know most Nigerian politicians are like this but men like Nuhu built a reputation on being different.
Hypocrites disgust me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
Clerverly:
Another barcansita!

I am not just interested in his Useless essay!

Ribadu abeg Go and Die in the Lagoon! Pls take Jimi Agabje along! Mtcheeeeeew!!!

Chai, una go kill me with laugh.....hahaha grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by mbulela: 4:38pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ribadu , the fellow that made a grown man like Gbawe shed tears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Layonle(f): 4:39pm On Apr 12, 2015
phemmyjohnson:
goooooosh!r u voting 4 party or personality?wat a pity
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by adekayo1234(m): 4:39pm On Apr 12, 2015
with the way the guy political career dey go down, I bet he go soon discover oyel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by TeamSimple(m): 4:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Ribadu don't worry. The ApC will crash before 2019 and you'll become governor. Lets join hands and rebuild a new PDP.
You and who?
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Uniqueteco(m): 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
[quote author=emiye post=32641899]he decamped to PDP when he was on the verge of glory with APC.

Ribadu would have been Governor elect under APC., but.........

Defeat at the edge of breakthrough will not be ours o......[/Amen in Jesus Christ name]

1 Like

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Layonle(f): 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
shinejackie:

shinejackie:
shinejackie:

@cleverly chai!2 classify u as been rude wld b stating d fact
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Eureka123(f): 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
reporter1:
Ribadu with so much good-will allowed himself to be used by evil PDP. He should have stayed with APC and he'd likely would have gotten the ticket to run for Adamawa guber under APC , or at the very least a political appointment.

APC isn't evil? They don't have stains? Tell me something! shocked
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by neenar: 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
Poor Nuhu. Great guy; Unpopular party. sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by dollarlander: 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
phemmyjohnson:
With final result in the Adamawa state governorship election yet to be declared, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the election has conceded defeat.

Below is his concession address to the people of Adamawa state.

Mr. Ribadu, a globally respected anti-corruption activist, ran a difficult race with leading members of his own party covertly and openly sabotaging his effort to be governor.

Some of them, including ex-Senator Jonathan Zwingina, with which he travelled round the state canvassing votes, abandoned him and defected to the All Progressives Congress few days to the election.

Mr. Ribadu was the presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria in the 2011 presidential election. He was the pioneer chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Read the speech below.

“My dear people of Adamawa State,
“I greet you in the best form of greetings.
“I had dreamt of coming back home to lead our dear state to greater strides after years of underdevelopment. I started this journey in August last year and successfully got the mandate of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) to fly its flag for the April 11 gubernatorial election. I came into this race knowing fully well that political contests are two-way traffics – one either wins or loses. As a man of faith, I was also aware that leadership responsibility is a product of God’s anointment.
“In the course of this journey, I have seen genuine support and encouragement from the people of Adamawa state. Several individuals from Adamawa and beyond contributed generously to keep the campaign going and many others devoted their time, energy and intellect to see to the success of this project. I sincerely appreciate this belief in my person and my ambition.

“The support I got from my party’s leadership and individual members from President Goodluck Jonathan down to the party agents in our polling units was overwhelming and gratifying. The party leader in the state, Barrister Bala James Nggilari and the state party chairman, Chief Joel Madaki led their lieutenants in making this journey memorable.
“I came into this race with lofty dreams and clear vision for our dear state, but the voice of the majority has not given me this chance. I take this in good faith.

“I want to take this opportunity to congratulate the winner and pray that at the end of it all our dear state will witness the needed progress and development it so much desires.

“God bless Adamawa State
“God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
“Nuhu Ribadu,
Yola”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/181313-adamawa-pdp-candidate-nuhu-ribadu-concedes-defeat-releases-concession-statement.html

I love this, I actually wanted his loose in this election he has work yo do in EFCC. BUHARI needs to put him back in EFCC commission to complete what ibori and co did not allow him to do. He is still part of the #change#. A mighty wind of anti corruption crusade is coming on Nigeria. Thats why he has to loose that election. God knows why he chose PDP platform, it is to preserve a man that will work with BABA BUHARI to accomplish his aim.

Thank God.
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by chocolatelady(f): 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ribadu, patience is a virtue. Had it been u waited and clinged to APC, u would have been elected a governor under the party. See urself! This is a clear warning to all politicians who jump from one party to another where the grass is greener. Nobody knows tomorrow. See how the pendulum turns now. Kpele, probably plead with Buhari's wife since u are the same state with her to help u beg Buhari to give u a political appointment. Sorry, u hear !!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by dre11(m): 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
APC
APC
Winner ooooo..........winner
Winner ooooo........... Winner
APC you don win o.... Winner
Patapata una go win for ever
Winner.

Let me give my new dancing step

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Nigeriasam: 4:46pm On Apr 12, 2015
MaleoPearls:
I had actually wished Ribadu had won. He has so much good service he need to dispense to the Country. I hope the General sees him worthy or carrying along.
don't worry.he is coming to abuja to clean NEPA/PHCN or makes NITEL works.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Layonle(f): 4:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
mbulela:
I know moat Nigerian politicians are like this but men like these built a reputation on being different.
Hypocrites disgust me.
shinejackie:
.cuz he decided 2 b in a diff,party oda dan ur's az turned him in2 a shameless been?do u rili know d true definition of shameless?mehn!I dn't tink so________stop miss using wordz juz u wanna say anytin(s'tin)

shinejackie:
shinejackie:

@cleverly chai!2 classify u as been rude wld b stating d fact
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by InMyOpinion(m): 4:48pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ribadu deserves better..i think he just hasnt got his alignments right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by mymadam(m): 4:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
makzeze:
Ribadu should repent and returned to APC immediately.

After all he was decieved to join PDP.

undecided He surely will... after consultations with the powers that be, viz; GMB and Jagaban himself! Nigeria rocks!
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by odkmediablog: 4:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
GOODLUCK HAS SET THE PACE. GOODLUCK WILL REMAIN EVER GREEN IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA POLITICS
odkmediablog..com gives you all you need in online business and tutorials.
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Layonle(f): 4:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
mbulela:
I know moat Nigerian politicians are like this but men like these built a reputation on being different.
Hypocrites disgust me.
#mis-using#
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by annibro(f): 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2015
reporter1:
Ribadu with so much good-will allowed himself to be used by evil PDP. He should have stayed with APC and he'd likely would have gotten the ticket to run for Adamawa guber under APC , or at the very least a political appointment.

He was only greedy or rather a hypocrite decamping 2 a party he never belived in just becos he thot GEJ was going 2 win & rig 4 him. Definately, APC wud ve given him d ticket if he'd remained but becos he never belived APC will win & now d wrong person has won just becos of Buhari's influence & not becos he's more popular.
Nigerians! Pls let vote Performers & not Party

BTW: All d same, all tins work out 4 good.... Ribadu's loss is Nigerians' gain as Nigerians still need him 2 head EFCC.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by viallaxa(m): 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2015
*definitely*
phemmyjohnson:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Ama80(f): 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2015
D way zwingina ruins ur chance is d way he wl b ruined.apc under buhari wil decisively deal wt hs kind
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by SuPeRq(f): 4:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
Gbam
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
neenar:
Poor Nuhu. Great guy; Unpopular party. sad

He is not a great guy. The only thing going for him was his "credibility and anti-corruption stance". Now that he has been exposed as another hypocrite, I want to know on what platform he hopes to campaign in 2019.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by smsdigito: 4:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
makzeze:
Ribadu should repent and returned to APC immediately.

After all he was decieved to join PDP.
Return to who? an unforgiving baba? If he tries it , he will regret cos that baba has no mercy. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
Wherever APC wins, the PDP candidate concedes defeat and congratulate the winner, but in Akwa Ibom and Rivers States where there are signs that PDP is winning, the APC candidates start riots just like Buhari did in 2011.

Nigerians have voted for the violent version of leadership. A people deserve the leaders they get.

Welcome to Abuja....Drug APC, I hope you cure Nigeria, not just of fever and pains. But of their ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
Mutuwa:

APC has won 18 governorship seat so far. Other results coming soon.

1. Malam Nasir El-Rufai- Kaduna
2. Speaker Aminu Tambuwal- Sokoto
3. Abubakar Sani Bello(LOLO)- Niger
4. Kashim Shettima- Borno
5. Sen. Jummai Alhassan- Taraba
6. Sen. Jibrilla Bindow- Adamawa
7. Akin Ambode- Lagos
8. Abdul Fatah Ahmed- Kwara
9. Barr M.D Abubakar- Bauchi
10. Umar Ganduje - Kano
11. Aminu Bello Masari -Katsina
12. Ibrahim Geidam - Yobe
13. AbdulAzeez Yari Abubakr -Zamfara
14. Abiola Ajimobi - Oyo
15. Senator Ibikunle Amosun - Ogun
16. Chief Samuel Ortom - Benue
17. Rochas Okorocha - Imo
18. Tanko Almakura - Nassarawa

APC breaks the jinx in the history of our Nation...(Electoral system)
First to unseat an incumbent president in Nigeria
First to elect Female governor in Nigeria
First to re-elect a sitting governor in Oyo state
And you think the change we call for is mere Rhetorics?
This is a common sense revolution
PDP has been swept off by the wind of Change.
What a Tsunami of high magnitude.
Congratulations Nigeria.

These Ur results are really DEAD result based on Ur Name. I can only believe if is from INEC. Taraba seem fake, how can woman lead in the North, that's haram. I can't believe it n it will not happen.
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
emiye:

Defeat at the edge of breakthrough will not be ours o......
Amen ooo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents / President Buhari Breaks The Ramadan Fast Alongside Permanent Secretaries / Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.