Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election (3106 Views)

I Have Lost Faith In This Government / Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police / Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by TooNoisy(f): 4:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
1. Political Relevance: Now that the Igbos are the opposition and let us see how they are going to cope with being an opposition Party. They have lost the Presidency and Vice Presidency. The cannot get the Senate Presidency or Speaker of the House. The most they can get in the government is Minority Leader of the House or Senate. I see Igbos decamping to APC.

2. Leadership: Who is going to lead the Igbos now? Jonathan was unofficially the Leader of the SS/SE but now who will lead the Igbos in this wilderness. Is it Peter Obi or will they now bow to Akpabio from Akwa Ibom. The Igbos need to go back to the drawing board. They have always looked to other Tribes for Leadership, even looking at the South South now, so I see Igbos decamping to APC in search of Leadership.

3. Governorship Seats: The PDP has only two seats in the SE. Can you believe that? So much for speaking with one voice. The PDP has 2 seats, APGA 2 seats and APC has one seat. These APGA elements will never team up with PDP. They do not want to be part of Opposition. I see two governors decamping to APC

4. Trust from their Hosts: Unfortunately the Igbo over-politicised the Lagos state governorship elections. Even ridiculing the Oba of Lagos to his face. Now that Chukwuemeka Agbaje has lost; Eze Ndigbo of Lagos will remain a third class monarch forever. But the truth is that the Yorubas in Lagos will be more careful in dealing with the Igbos now. You live in a State where you are given the same rights as any other Lagosian but you now choose to Challenge your hosts. Trust me, APC will look for subtle ways of neutralizing Igbos.

If the Igbos were politically smart, they would all support Rochas Okorocha because he could be president in 4 years time. Buhari will most likely be a one-term president and when power returns to the South, it can only go to the South East. Unfortunately, only Rochas, Nigige and Ogbonnaya Onu are wise enough to see that.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by excellentmomma(f): 5:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
Shut up and think for ur life and leave Igbo matter alone, abi na dem do u wetin dey do u? APC is still a one man party, Tinubiu's. And Igbos don't bow down to one man.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by IfeanyiSamuelz(m): 5:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
Tru talk....
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by okosodo: 5:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
They have not lost anything

8 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by TooNoisy(f): 5:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
excellentmomma:
Shut up and think for ur life and leave Igbo matter alone, abi na dem do u wetin dey do u? APC is still a one man party, Tinubiu's. And Igbos don't bow down to one man.

Don't take this personal. It's all about learning lessons in life and not repeating the same mistakes. The whole Agbaje thing was very silly of him and those supporting him. You do not go to another community and publicly insult their monarch - even if the monarch was clearly wrong.

12 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by OnyeEgo1(m): 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
I don't seem to understand what makes pdp an igbo party, to d best of my knowledge, obasanjo is one of d pioneer founder of d pdp n he is not an igbo man...

The pdp till date is bein controlled by d SS, so y d notion igbo party accorded to d pdp..

If u want an igbo party, mention apga originally founded by dim odumegwu ojukwu, d ikenga of igbo land...

Concerning d controversy statement credited 2 d oba of lagos... My advice is dat let d sleeping dog lie biko nu

4 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by Williamso(m): 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2015
Why so much resentment for Ibos? It's becoming irritating. And the Ibos (on NL at least) are not even helping matters... SMH

TooNoisy:

If the Igbos were politically smart, they would all support Rochas Okorocha because he could be president in 4 years time. Buhari will most likely be a one-term president and when power returns to the South, it can only go to the South East. Unfortunately, only Rochas, Nigige and Ogbonnaya Onu are wise enough to see that.
This part actually makes sense. Instead of rallying round Okorocha, you'll see his fellow Ibos denigrating him on here. Speaks volumes about political naivety...
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by magicfingers009: 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
excellentmomma:
LOOOOOOOOL! You sound pained. The truth is alomo. She has said it all. The igbos continue making wrong allies. Rochas and Ngige saw this a long time ago and tried making amends, but your hatred for Yoruba and Hausa has yet again marginalized you and you kindred.
It has dawn on Nigerians that the population of igbos in lagos is fallacious and overrated.

Its so unfortunate that the igbos would remain politically irrelevant for the next four years as they refused the "Amala and Cow rearing" party cos of pride, hatred and anger.
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by OnyeEgo1(m): 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
TooNoisy:

Don't take this personal. It's all about learning lessons in life and not repeating the same mistakes. The whole Agbaje thing was very silly of him and those supporting him. You do not go to another community and publicly insult their monarch - even if the monarch was clearly wrong.

meaning d monarch is GOD?
Pls... No two wrongs can make One right...

The oba was wrong, pdp use dat as an advantage we all know dis is a political season where tinz are sensitive...

I didn't c any igbo group staging any protest?
U expect dem to b silent w/o airing dia voice n pain?
Can u b silent when u are being threatened?

U c no one stops any 4rm residing anywhere in d world... The world belong to everyone...

U will b tempted to say y lagos?
I will b forced to reply functional sea port in lagos...

QED
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by chokovirus: 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
TooNoisy:
1. Political Relevance: Now that the Igbos are the opposition and let us see how they are going to cope with being an opposition Party. They have lost the Presidency and Vice Presidency. The cannot get the Senate Presidency or Speaker of the House. The most they can get in the government is Minority Leader of the House or Senate. I see Igbos decamping to APC.

2. Leadership: Who is going to lead the Igbos now? Jonathan was unofficially the Leader of the SS/SE but now who will lead the Igbos in this wilderness. Is it Peter Obi or will they now bow to Akpabio from Akwa Ibom. The Igbos need to go back to the drawing board. They have always looked to other Tribes for Leadership, even looking at the South South now, so I see Igbos decamping to APC in search of Leadership.

3. Governorship Seats: The PDP has only two seats in the SE. Can you believe that? So much for speaking with one voice. The PDP has 2 seats, APGA 2 seats and APC has one seat. These APGA elements will never team up with PDP. They do not want to be part of Opposition. I see two governors decamping to APC

4. Trust from their Hosts: Unfortunately the Igbo over-politicised the Lagos state governorship elections. Even ridiculing the Oba of Lagos to his face. Now that Chukwuemeka Agbaje has lost; Eze Ndigbo of Lagos will remain a third class monarch forever. But the truth is that the Yorubas in Lagos will be more careful in dealing with the Igbos now. You live in a State where you are given the same rights as any other Lagosian but you now choose to Challenge your hosts. Trust me, APC will look for subtle ways of neutralizing Igbos.

Another igbo bashing thread. Anyway I won't be surprised if it's coming from one of the oil licking busy bodies who have made it their business to mind igbos 'political' issues. Mtschew kiss

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by Flets: 5:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
Never worry about the ibo race because they are tested survivors. Despite the setbacks of the civil war and apparent marginalization. .... they have been the most successful tribe on a head to head basis.

They obviously don't need the govt to thrive. Shut the door against them in a particular location and you still lose because they will be off to the next location and will still make it big there..

They are one bold race who never chickens out at a threat. They are risk takers too with a tough skin. They've got their weaknesses too just like every other race but anything they touch turns gold.

It seems the more you hate on them, the more they draw their inspiration from the hate.

The yorubas should be more worried about the resulting exit of the ibos. The ibos will always do well for themselves but the yourubas are the ones to lose big time in the lagos economy.

Again dont expect the ibos to fold their hands while you mete out inhumane policies on them.

Personally I think the Ibos actually gained rather than lost this time. For once, The SS got a direct feel of marginalization and the SE gained a prized ally. In the coming months, eyes would be on Buhari's posture on governance and the apathy to a marginalized SE/SS will be very vocal this time.

Keep watching.

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by Baawaa(m): 5:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
OnyeEgo1:
I don't seem to understand what makes pdp an igbo party, to d best of my knowledge, obasanjo is one of d pioneer founder of d pdp n he is not an igbo man...

The pdp till date is bein controlled by d SS, so y d notion igbo party accorded to d pdp..

If u want an igbo party, mention apga originally founded by dim odumegwu ojukwu, d ikenga of igbo land...

Concerning d controversy concerning statement credited todays oba of lagos... My advice is dat let d sleeping dog lie biko nu
Get it right,Obasanjo ruled for 8years on the platform of PDP,Yoruba did not hijacked the party or controlled the party.Jonathan rules for 4years the Igbo's take over the party,and split the party.

3 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by AndroBlaze: 5:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
TooNoisy:

Buhari will most likely be a one-term president and when power returns to the South, it can only go to the South East. Unfortunately, only Rochas, Nigige and Ogbonnaya Onu are wise enough to see that

Has power gone to the middle belt, Hausas or Binis yet.... we need to learn to be fair in Nigeria and reward the true progressives.

3 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by winniz: 5:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
[s][/s]TooNoisy:

If the Igbos were politically smart, they would all support Rochas Okorocha because he could be president in 4 years time. Buhari will most likely be a one-term president and when power returns to the South, it can only go to the South East. Unfortunately, only Rochas, Nigige and Ogbonnaya Onu are wise enough to see that.[s][/s]

Iddiots keep opening useless thread to spew rubbish, keep your stupidd advice to yourself Igbos don't need it.

3 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by adconline(m): 5:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Enough of this trash! Tinubu was in the jungle of opposition for 16years. Yorubas haven't held leadership position in PDP-led govt since Mrs Etteh. Have they gone into Oblivion? Nope. It's unfortunate that most of the idiots don't use common sense. It was OK for Tinubu and opposition to be without powe, but it's not OK for Igbos to be in opposition for 4 years?

3 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by owobokiri(m): 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
Baawaa:

Get it right,Obasanjo ruled for 8years on the platform of PDP,Yoruba did not hijacked the party or controlled the party.Jonathan rules for 4years the Igbo's take over the party,and split the party.

Yes: we hyjacked the party! We spat at it! Urinated on it! Defecated on it! Then split it right, left and yonder! And we are ok with that. What are you going to do about that?
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by winniz: 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
[s][/s]Baawaa:

Get it right,Obasanjo ruled for 8years on the platform of PDP,Yoruba did not hijacked the party or controlled the party.Jonathan rules for 4years the Igbo's take over the party,and split the party.[s][/s]

You Yorubas are shameless liars, you backstabbers betrayed him and you foo.ls are looking 4 whom to put the blame on.

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by TooNoisy(f): 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
adconline:
Enough of this trash! Tinubu was in the jungle of opposition for 16years. Yorubas haven't held leadership position in PDP-led govt since Mrs Etteh. Have they gone into Oblivion? Nope. It's unfortunate that most of the idiots don't use common sense. It was OK for Tinubu and opposition to be without powe, but it's not OK for Igbos to be in opposition for 4 years?

Mumu, I guess that means Obasanjo was Igbo or Hausa right? And Dimeji Bankole who was speaker from 2007 - 2011 was from Adamawa State. Even in 2011, the Yoruba were offered speaker again but rejected it and chose to support Tambuwal. Get your facts right!

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by TooNoisy(f): 5:39pm On Apr 12, 2015
AndroBlaze:

Has power gone to the middle belt, Hausas or Binis yet.... we need to learn to be fair in Nigeria and reward the true progressives.

Nigeria operated first on the North v South Basis. Then each of the two main regions are further divided into three. The Binis are part of the South South for Jonathan already 'represented' the SS. Only the South East has yet to have the President or VP in this dispensation from the entire South.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by Baawaa(m): 5:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
winniz:

you Yorubas are shameless liars, you backstabbers betrayed him and you foo.ls are looking 4 whom to put the blame on.
Common sense you did not have,what happened in 2011,Jonathan won 5 States out of 6 States in S/W,then he did not have money waste.Think before you post!
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by lanrefront1(m): 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
if Buhari meets the expectations of the populace in him, tackle corruption, takle power and inrease thestrengh of the naira and the economy, he will get an easy win in 2014.
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by lanrefront1(m): 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
if Buhari meets the expectations of the populace in him, tackle corruption, takle power and inrease thestrengh of the naira and the economy, he will get an easy win in 2019.
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by excellentmomma(f): 5:48pm On Apr 12, 2015
magicfingers009:

LOOOOOOOOL! You sound pained. The truth is alomo. She has said it all. The igbos continue making wrong allies. Rochas and Ngige saw this a long time ago and tried making amends, but your hatred for Yoruba and Hausa has yet again marginalized you and you kindred.
It has dawn on Nigerians that the population of igbos in lagos is fallacious and overrated.

Its so unfortunate that the igbos would remain politically irrelevant for the next four years as they refused the "Amala and Cow rearing" party cos of pride, hatred and anger.

Shut up and keep serving ur slave masters, ur king is preaching peace u are here blabbing. Why shld I be irrelevant when you will look down south for hand outs, abi u no wan allocation again? Why does Igbo vote so much matter to u, if dey don't matter, Igbo this, Igbo that, are they the reason why, u, yes u as a person don't do well?. I'm glad we spoke with one voice and made our stand known, unlike u that played out the back stabbers that you are. More like, "let's share our votes oh, anyone who wins, we run to him". You shld be ashamed of urself. Your govt must extend a handshake if it must succeed which they are planning already, you are here ranting. Mtscheew
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by TooNoisy(f): 5:48pm On Apr 12, 2015
lanrefront1:
if Buhari meets the expectations of the populace in him, tackle corruption, takle power and inrease thestrengh of the naira and the economy, he will get an easy win in 2019.

Very good, the very reason why he got into power in the first place. The PDP government was a disaster and I would have expected the entire country to roundly send them packing. But some section felt they were benefiting from PDP and they wanted PDP back. I am sure we have all learned our lessons.

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by winniz: 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
Baawaa:

Common sense you did not have,what happened in 2011,Jonathan won 5 States out of 6 States in S/W,then he did not have money waste.Think before you post!

Yoruba dunce with or without your votes he still would have won the 2011 elections, your votes can't make anyone president because you dolts are unreliable, so just STFU!!
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by Baawaa(m): 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
winniz:

Yoruba dunce with or without your votes he still would have won the 2011 elections, your votes can't make anyone president because you dolts are unreliable.
Whaoooo,I don't think you have brain,if you have that means it has stopped working!Why he did not win without the Yoruba votes
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by winniz: 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2015
Baawaa:

Whaoooo,I don't think you have brain,if you have that means it has stopped working!Why he did not win without the Yoruba votes

Brainless dolt, Anambra votes alone cancelled out whatever votes he got from South West, Yoruba votes are inconsequential so just get lost.
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by TooNoisy(f): 6:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
winniz:

Yoruba dunce with or without your votes he still would have won the 2011 elections, your votes can't make anyone president because you dolts are unreliable, so just STFU!!

Why did Jonathan virtually relocate to Lagos the last three weeks of the elections giving dollars to the traditional rulers and politicians. I guess he didn't need Yoruba votes.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by ollyruffy: 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
Now it is time to know the owners of Lagos.

We will protect Lagos from the Igbos and truncate igbo progress in Lagos going forward with proper legislations.
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by Baawaa(m): 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
winniz:

Brainless dolt, Anambra votes alone cancelled out whatever votes he got from South West so just get lost.
Sorry,you have not get out the defeat shock,you have to calm down so the shock don't kill you.
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by Igwe9(m): 6:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
Please and please, this discussion is not palatable atall. You guys should desist from this type of discussion. What happens to love thy neighbour as yourself. This discussion is not fruitful at all. You can never tell who will be your saviour tomorrow.

We are human being first before any other thing.

If you guys don't know what to discuss, let's discuss football and romance.
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by OnyeEgo1(m): 6:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
Baawaa:

name one prominent igbo man in pdp of today

i mean someone 4rm d 5 eastern states

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? / Call Biafra Agitators To Order-SGF Tells Igbo Leaders / Biafra: Sit At Home Monitoring Thread- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.