Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix (10972 Views)

Kokozaria & Awele Odita Welcome Son In USA (Pics) / Most Expensive Wedding Ever In History-[photos] / Sultan Of Brunei's Son Weds In Lavish Style For 11 Days! (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Vivalavida99(f): 7:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
The son of the Sultan of Brunei, one of the world's richest men, has wed bride Dayangku Raabi'atul 'Adawiyyah Pengiran Haji Bolkiah in a spectacular ceremony at the monarch's 1,788-room palace in Brunei's capital, Bandar Seri Begawan.

Prince Abdul Malik, 31, exchanged vows with Dayangku Raabi'atul 'Adawiyyah Pengiran Haji Bolkiah, 22, in front of crowds of friends and family, nobility and foreign dignitaries amid mind-boggling splendour.

The newlyweds' matching gold outfits were both embellished with diamonds, while blushing bride Raabi'atul carried a bouquet made of dazzling gems, rather than flowers.

The Prince is the youngest child of the Sultan, Hassanal Bolkiah, and his wife, Queen Saleha, and is second in the line of succession to become the next Sultan of Brunei.

Today's 'bersanding' or enthronement ceremony is usually the highlight of the wedding festivities, and saw the bride and groom seated next to each other, dressed in opulent traditional attire on gilded thrones in the Throne Chamber of the Istana Nural Iman palace.

According to The Brunei Times, also in attendance were seven Malaysian state rulers and the governor of Saudi Arabia, and this is the first time that the couple have appeared together since the festivities started on 5 April.

The couple wore matching traditional Malay dress, with the bride's veil constructed of swathes of intricate lace.

The 22-year-old bride, who worked as a systems data analyst and IT instructor, sported a breathtaking diamond tiara studded with six teardrop-shaped emeralds.

A diamond necklace with a central pendant of three emeralds the size of grapes, glittered around her neck, while a matching brooch of two egg-shaped emeralds dangled from a diamond setting.

The celebration will end on 15 April, with a ceremony of thanksgiving prayers.

The location of the wedding, the dazzling Istana Nural Iman palace is situated in Brunei's capital, Bandar Seri Begawan.

It is considered the largest residential palace in the world, with 1,788 rooms, five grand swimming pools, 257 bathrooms, and a 110-car garage.

Later Brunei's newlywed royal couple, changed into more opulent evening outfits for the wedding banquet. Prince Abdul swapped his gold wedding suit for ceremonial military dress, embellished with diamond epaulettes and collar.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3035550/Sultan-Brunei-s-son-celebrates-wedding-mind-boggling-splendour.html#article-3035550

Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by RoyalBlak007: 7:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
"Cashrule"

1 Like

Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Solowande(m): 7:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
God will make me to have money like dis pipo one day. God pls favour me with enough riches and blessings.
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by darnley16(m): 7:39pm On Apr 12, 2015
I was here only to check out the pix, and since there's none I'm just gonna do this * slaps op and walks outta thread, returns to slap op again gets a mat, and waits for comments*

2 Likes

Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by darnley16(m): 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ok Op slap me back, I don see the pictures.
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Vivalavida99(f): 7:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
More pics.

Cc lalasticlala , Seun , Ishilove ,

Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Vivalavida99(f): 7:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
darnley16:
Ok Op slap me back, I don see the pictures.

*slaps darnley16 and runs away* cheesy
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by darnley16(m): 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
Vivalavida99:

*slaps darnley16 and runs away* cheesy
blood of Judas, *stands up from mat , runs after the op a bit, pauses then stares as ur bubble butt as u scream n run * ok OP come back , I'm not angry again come let's talk, sits back on mat and gives space for op*
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Vivalavida99(f): 8:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
From all she wore, this is what got me wowed. I love me her shoes

1 Share

Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by dhantey324(m): 8:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
All this money dey are spending...
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Zehner(f): 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
Chai! Chai! shocked
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
waste of money, its a pity dat dey av it in abundance but are also stewpeed abundantly.
If u fink am lying read about the ruling house family history
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Aringarosa(m): 9:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
There's rich ... there's being one of the richest in the world ... and then there's this! Another level than even many of the wealthiest can imagine.
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Aringarosa(m): 9:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
danyel09:
waste of money, its a pity dat dey av it in abundance but are also stewpeed abundantly.
If u fink am lying read about the ruling house family history

What are you saying? The Sultan runs his country well - he's not a rich man who keeps it all for himself! I visited Brunei in 2008 and if I remember rightly the people do not pay any taxes because the Sultan pays for everything - roads, education etc. Apparently there is very little crime in the country and the people are warm, friendly and gentle. We visited a water village which, on the face of it, looks like a place no one would want to live - homes are wooden shacks built on stilts in the water with wooden walkways from one place to another. They are beautiful inside. It is huge and a complete community in its own right with schools, places of worship etc and the children go to school by water taxi. They had been told that the government wanted the people to move out of the water village and to live in flats - they refused. They are self sufficient in their community. The Sultan did his education in the UK. We shouldn't judge others by our standards.

5 Likes

Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
Aringarosa:

What are you saying? The Sultan runs his country well - he's not a rich man who keeps it all for himself! I visited Brunei in 2008 and if I remember rightly the people do not pay any taxes because the Sultan pays for everything - roads, education etc. Apparently there is very little crime in the country and the people are warm, friendly and gentle. We visited a water village which, on the face of it, looks like a place no one would want to live - homes are wooden shacks built on stilts in the water with wooden walkways from one place to another. They are beautiful inside. It is huge and a complete community in its own right with schools, places of worship etc and the children go to school by water taxi. They had been told that the government wanted the people to move out of the water village and to live in flats - they refused. They are self sufficient in their community. The Sultan did his education in the UK. We shouldn't judge others by our standards.
Please go and read about Prince Jefri and I won't take anything against u since d last time u were dere is 2008, pls go and see how bad dier shariah law is now and dier numerous strings of divorce, I fink they av a gay prince(though I hold nothing against homosexuals shaa)
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by duduade: 10:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
Woow.. she looks really older than 22

1 Like

Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by knightsTempler: 10:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
His new wife Dayangku Raabi'atul 'Adawiyyah Pengiran Haji Bolkiah, how on earth do you get all of that one a credit card?

In a 100 or more years from now, if humankind is still in existence and politics have become fairer, people will ask the historians... why did they accept such conditions and allow a handful of privileged families to take so much wealth, and consume so much luxury while thousands of people had nothing ?

1 Like

Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Aitee1: 10:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
In Igbo man's voice "MONEYYYY "

Hmmmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by haiti007(m): 10:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
nawa oo any time am reading anything about the sultan its always about money
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by julietchic(f): 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
I don't Like their outfit
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
Money must be made..
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by SELENAqueensy(f): 11:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
Chineke!! shocked shocked
Wetin be the bride's name again o

Dayangku Raabi'atul 'Adawiyyah Pengiran Haji Bolkiah shocked shocked
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 13, 2015
If it aint about the money,
don't b blowing me up, nigga i aint getting up
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by tellwisdom: 1:10am On Apr 13, 2015
SPITS.. undecided
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Nobody: 2:22am On Apr 13, 2015
Aringarosa:

Shut the Fućk up! You Didn't go to anywhere liar liar!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 13, 2015
knightsTempler:
His new wife Dayangku Raabi'atul 'Adawiyyah Pengiran Haji Bolkiah, how on earth do you get all of that one a credit card?

In a 100 or more years from now, if humankind is still in existence and politics have become fairer, people will ask the historians... why did they accept such conditions and allow a handful of privileged families to take so much wealth, and consume so much luxury while thousands of people had nothing ?
Stop stealing comments from dailymail.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by williamspaul22(m): 4:57am On Apr 13, 2015
julietchic:
I don't Like their outfit
u like traditional wear that is only 2500 abi?

1 Like

Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Jamean(f): 6:06am On Apr 13, 2015
Lovely, but sorry it's still VANITY .

Naked we came into this world, naked shall we leave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by axortedbabe(f): 6:25am On Apr 13, 2015
poverty, poverty, hw many times I call u,if I see u near me ehhh,na God go judge u...

1 Like

Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 13, 2015
embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed
The Prince get younger brother? cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by gerrardomendes(m): 7:27am On Apr 13, 2015
Grasping for d wind.
Re: Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix by ginawest(f): 7:46am On Apr 13, 2015
God pls bless d hustle of my future hubby..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Pictures From Way Back (before Blogging) Plus She's Adorable / Na Who Talk Say Aristide Bance Wowo,ladies Talk True / Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.