Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion (10980 Views)

Baba Suwe Is Using High Level Black Magic On Us" - Ndlea Officials! / Baba Suwe Excretes 16 Pellets Of Cocaine, Cries Like Baby / We Expect Baba Suwe To Excrete Six Times – Ndlea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by gohome: 11:17pm On Oct 19, 2011
Yoruba movie actor, Babatunde Omidina, aka Baba Suwe, is planning to file a N1 billion suit against NDLEA over his recent arrest & detention

Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by aljharem3: 11:20pm On Oct 19, 2011
LOL baba suwe don hammer grin grin grin grin grin

even better than cocaine selling
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by 2mch(m): 11:22pm On Oct 19, 2011
[size=14pt]Maga don pay, shout halleluyah!!![/size]

See Jamluck on a kentro level. Chai! He should have aimed at N100bn so that they can beat the negotiations down to N10bn. Nigerian government have the money. grin cheesy. Especially NDLEA. Dem go sell all the drugs in their possession to pay the law suit. Useless peeps.
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by koruji(m): 11:26pm On Oct 19, 2011
I don't think you can sue the government for a properly done arrest, even wrongful arrest, as long as no maltreatment was involved.

Perhaps there is something in the way the bad publicity has been conducted, if any agency of government can be held responsible for that, in addition to any maltreatment - I just don't think there is much there.

Where Baba Suwe will make his money is go around the country and make fun of the NDLEA for months and years - you know about how they were baby-sitting his loo. Make a movie as well. Huge dough there.

alj_harem:

LOL baba suwe don hammer grin grin grin grin grin

even better than cocaine selling
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by Depilot(m): 12:25am On Oct 20, 2011
Baba Suwe is on point.
At least between N100 to N200m is guaranteed.
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by Depilot(m): 12:26am On Oct 20, 2011
He should also use this opportunity to release a very well put together movie.
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by eghost247(m): 12:32am On Oct 20, 2011
shocked
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by OAM4J: 12:33am On Oct 20, 2011
Interesting cheesy
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by Siga: 12:41am On Oct 20, 2011
What do u mean koruji that he can't sue FG, u must be in a different world, dem detain am, make am sh1t hin intenstine and messed up his name for paper, if na u , u go forgive them undecided
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by r231(m): 12:45am On Oct 20, 2011
dats nice grin
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by freecocoa(f): 12:47am On Oct 20, 2011
Naija Na very fd up country,so dem no finally see anything for him belle.them go pay be that.
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by coogar: 12:50am On Oct 20, 2011
gohome:

Yoruba movie actor, Babatunde Omidina, aka Baba Suwe, is planning to file a N1 billion suit against NDLEA over his recent arrest & detention

i second that.

the humiliation was horrible.
if ndlea are going to pull a celebrity of baba suwe's status - they'd better be sure he's really guilty cos his face has been splashed all over the media that he was a drug mule. nobody will remember he wasn't guilty after all.

he should sue ndlea. the association of yoruba artistes should back him up.
1 billion is not enough. he should be suing them for an amount that would cripple ndlea.
useless rogues.
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by truuz: 12:51am On Oct 20, 2011
Shyte of d Year! Lol
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by onechance(m): 1:01am On Oct 20, 2011
Guniess Book of World Record- 1week of shit by Babe suwe forced by NDLEA, very funny
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by gaddafe(m): 1:14am On Oct 20, 2011
lmao
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by garbigarba: 1:15am On Oct 20, 2011
theres no smoke without fire, baba suwe wherz d coke
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by Siga: 1:17am On Oct 20, 2011
Well, maybe the anonymous call came from one of Baba Suwe's pals. Goes like this : U call NDLEA and say I carry gbana for tommy, once dem catch me and find nothing, I go Sue, once Maga pay, I go cut u 20%, abi now, grin
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by Mcleo007(m): 1:21am On Oct 20, 2011
Serves them right. smiley
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by seedord247(m): 1:25am On Oct 20, 2011
I billion Naira? How much is National Theater?
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by koruji(m): 1:38am On Oct 20, 2011
You read the first part of my comment, but not the others. All you mentioned below may be part of collecting evidence in this case.

But as I said, he might have a case against them for the bad publicity and any maltreatment.

At the minimum, a great comedy movie & stand-up at NDLEA expense should teach the latter to learn to do a proper job.

Siga:

What do u mean koruji that he can't sue FG, u must be in a different world, dem detain am, make am sh1t hin intenstine and messed up his name for paper, if na u , u go forgive them undecided
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by Nymphnode(m): 1:43am On Oct 20, 2011
Perfect time for the next human container to travel. No NDLEA will dare stop Mr Latin or Jide Kosoko even if they are headed for sicilly
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by coded777: 1:56am On Oct 20, 2011
gohome:

i'm not convinced atleast not yet unitl the money is paid him,
i think i need some raps of "cocaine like" element in my tommy too on my next trip, so i can be detected for drugs, cheesy cheesy grin grin chai i pray make the machine detect am fast. lol
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by r231(m): 2:02am On Oct 20, 2011
Barrister Badr Mohammed Bashir, lawyer to Nollywood comic actor Baba Suwe, who has been detained for seven days at Lagos airport, says he is set to sue the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, for N1billion for breaching the fundamental human rights of his client.

Barr. Bashir told P.M.NEWS today that irrespective of the outcome of the waiting game between NDLEA and Baba Suwe, the anti narcotics agency has no business holding his client for more than 24 hours over alleged involvement in drug trafficking.

He said: “Right now, I am preparing the brief to file for the enforcement of the fundamental human right of my client at the Federal High Court and by Friday I can assure you that the matter will be in court. NDLEA has no right whatsoever to detain my client indefinitely. I am not saying they should not do their job but rather they should do it within the limit of the law. No law permits them to detain Baba Suwe indefinitely but since they have chosen to do what pleases them, then I have not option than to sue them for N1billion”

Barr. Bashir lamented that he has not been able to contacthis client since he was detained on Wednesday last week as NDLEA officials have continuously refused all his entreaties to see him.

“Can you imagine that NDLEA officials told me that I cannot see my client until they are through with him? Where have you heard that when someone is under investigation, he cannot see his or her lawyer. I think this is the height of abuse of the law and NDLEA must pay for this,” he said.

The ace comedian, whose real name is Babatunde Omidina, was arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, southwest Nigeria, on Wednesday, 12 October as he was about boarding an Air France flight to Paris, France, where he was billed to attend a naming ceremony.

He was detained after some strange particles suspected to be hard drugs were allegedly detected in his stomach by the United States-donated scanner known as Soter RS.

He has denied the allegations and promised to sue the agency.

The Director General of NDLEA, Mr. Femi Ajayi, said in a television interview on Monday that according to standard practice, a drug suspect must test negative at least three times to convince anti-narcotics agents he is innocent after particles are detected by the scanning machine.

The Lagos airport Commander of the NDLEA, Mr. Hamza Umar, said last week after the arrest that there was enough ground for suspecting the comedian, adding that in previous arrests, some suspects had excreted the drug at the fourth excretion.

For seven days now, since the popular comedian was arrested and detained by NDLEA operatives, Nigerians have been waiting to know the outcome of the drug saga.

The arrest of Baba Suwe is generating a lot of interest in the Nigerian media and social network sites such as Facebook and Twitter.

Thousands of people had shared P.M.NEWS stories on Baba Suwe on their facebook pages, millions have been discussing it and many more are holding their breath to know who between Baba Suwe and the NDLEA will be vindicated.

Some are already calling the drug saga, a tragicomedy of gargantuan errors.

Meanwhile, Baba Suwe’s colleague, Adewale Elesho, has warned that there would be problems in the country if the comedian dies in NDLEA cell.

Speaking with P.M.NEWS, Elesho wondered why the comedian is still being detained after several excretions that all tested negative to drug ingestion.

He said that NDLEA owes the public an explanation “because I am suspecting that they might want to play a fast game and implicate the actor.”

Elesho told P.M.NEWS that he is awaiting directives from former ANTP president, Jide Kosoko, to know the next line of action.

Honestly, this is becoming an abuse, the whole baba suwe drug saga is starting to look like a setup
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by Freshboi89(m): 2:03am On Oct 20, 2011
Chia Baba suwe on point,  But i wonder if they will ever pay him.
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by Bongoman1: 2:15am On Oct 20, 2011
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by OAM4J: 2:35am On Oct 20, 2011
Baba Suwe’s Lawyer To Sue NDLEA For N1 Billion

r231:

Barrister Badr Mohammed Bashir, lawyer to Nollywood comic actor Baba Suwe, who has been detained for seven days at Lagos airport, says he is set to sue the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, for N1billion for breaching the fundamental human rights of his client.

Barr. Bashir told P.M.NEWS today that irrespective of the outcome of the waiting game between NDLEA and Baba Suwe, the anti narcotics agency has no business holding his client for more than 24 hours over alleged involvement in drug trafficking.

He said: “Right now, I am preparing the brief to file for the enforcement of the fundamental human right of my client at the Federal High Court and by Friday I can assure you that the matter will be in court. NDLEA has no right whatsoever to detain my client indefinitely. I am not saying they should not do their job but rather they should do it within the limit of the law. No law permits them to detain Baba Suwe indefinitely but since they have chosen to do what pleases them, then I have not option than to sue them for N1billion”

Barr. Bashir lamented that he has not been able to contacthis client since he was detained on Wednesday last week as NDLEA officials have continuously refused all his entreaties to see him.

“Can you imagine that NDLEA officials told me that I cannot see my client until they are through with him? Where have you heard that when someone is under investigation, he cannot see his or her lawyer. I think this is the height of abuse of the law and NDLEA must pay for this,” he said.

The ace comedian, whose real name is Babatunde Omidina, was arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, southwest Nigeria, on Wednesday, 12 October as he was about boarding an Air France flight to Paris, France, where he was billed to attend a naming ceremony.

He was detained after some strange particles suspected to be hard drugs were allegedly detected in his stomach by the United States-donated scanner known as Soter RS.

He has denied the allegations and promised to sue the agency.

The Director General of NDLEA, Mr. Femi Ajayi, said in a television interview on Monday that according to standard practice, a drug suspect must test negative at least three times to convince anti-narcotics agents he is innocent after particles are detected by the scanning machine.

The Lagos airport Commander of the NDLEA, Mr. Hamza Umar, said last week after the arrest that there was enough ground for suspecting the comedian, adding that in previous arrests, some suspects had excreted the drug at the fourth excretion.

For seven days now, since the popular comedian was arrested and detained by NDLEA operatives, Nigerians have been waiting to know the outcome of the drug saga.

The arrest of Baba Suwe is generating a lot of interest in the Nigerian media and social network sites such as Facebook and Twitter.

Thousands of people had shared P.M.NEWS stories on Baba Suwe on their facebook pages, millions have been discussing it and many more are holding their breath to know who between Baba Suwe and the NDLEA will be vindicated.

Some are already calling the drug saga, a tragicomedy of gargantuan errors.

Meanwhile, Baba Suwe’s colleague, Adewale Elesho, has warned that there would be problems in the country if the comedian dies in NDLEA cell.

Speaking with P.M.NEWS, Elesho wondered why the comedian is still being detained after several excretions that all tested negative to drug ingestion.

He said that NDLEA owes the public an explanation “because I am suspecting that they might want to play a fast game and implicate the actor.”

Elesho told P.M.NEWS that he is awaiting directives from former ANTP president, Jide Kosoko, to know the next line of action.

Honestly, this is becoming an abuse, the whole baba suwe drug saga is starting to look like a setup

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/10/19/baba-suwes-lawyer-to-sue-ndlea-for-n1-billion/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by mrofficial(m): 2:45am On Oct 20, 2011
Bongo_man:

Some staged drama here unfolding. Who's suing who and on what ground? Nigerians are not fools. This disgraceful Igbogbo/Ikorodu man who is not worthy to be called a dad should go home and bury his head in shame for his disgraceful act. Just another means to bury his illict drug peddling allegations. Its a NDLEA vs ANTP collabo!

Bullocks!!!
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by naijaking1: 2:56am On Oct 20, 2011
God bless Baba Suwe and any other persons out there who has ever been falsely accused. Our Nigerian culture doesn't believe in innocent until proven guilty, we believe in guilty until proved guilty, even here on N/L many people jump to conclusions just because some govermental agency has accused some one of something.
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by BabaEleko(m): 2:58am On Oct 20, 2011
Bongo_man:

Some staged drama here unfolding. Who's suing who and on what ground? Nigerians are not fools. This disgraceful Igbogbo/Ikorodu man who is not worthy to be called a dad should go home and bury his head in shame for his disgraceful act.  Just another means to bury his illict drug peddling allegations. Its a NDLEA vs ANTP collabo!

[size=16pt]You should be fed as breakfast to the crocodile. You deserve such honorable death.[/size]
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by Nobody: 4:17am On Oct 20, 2011
He shouldnt sue because they suspected him, he should sue because his name was about to be ruined.

They publicized something they were not sure about. Image damage.
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by feelme3(m): 4:38am On Oct 20, 2011
[size=16pt]Phucked up nation. Corruption breathing from every crack.

I can't remember ever hearing the NDLEA catch a suspect without anything coming out in the end. This dude's case was sensationalized because he probably has serious connections/contacts.

One minute, the (corrupted) Agency was talking with all confidence, and all of a sudden, we are hearing another version on this whole "saga".

For what its worth, BABA SUWE should sue their stupid A.S.S off. MAGA FALL, SHARPER SMILE,

I guess they'll be regretting why the ever took the call from that high profile individual that intervened,
Na NAIJA we dey, serves them right grin grin PUNK ASS COMEDIANS WE ARE TO THE WHOLE WORLD. [/size]
Re: Baba Suwe To Sue Ndlea N1 Billion by Nobody: 4:41am On Oct 20, 2011
feel_me:

[size=16pt]Phucked up nation. Corruption breathing from every crack.

I can't remember ever hearing the NDLEA catch a suspect without anything coming out in the end. This dude's case was sensationalized because he probably has serious connections/contacts.

One minute, the (corrupted) Agency was talking with all confidence, and all of a sudden, we are hearing another version on this whole "saga".

For what its worth, BABA SUWE should sue their silly A.S.S off. MAGA FALL, SHARPER SMILE,

I guess they'll be regretting why the ever took the call from that high profile individual that intervened,
Na NAIJA we dey, serves them right grin grin PUNK Bottom COMEDIANS WE ARE TO THE WHOLE WORLD. [/size]

If babasuwe wants to sue NDLEA, shouldnt common sense tell you guys that they prolly werent working together?

babasuew might be a drug dealer, point is, this time he was clean grin

I think ndlea should wait for the 6th poo then. If Suwe indeed has drugs stashed up in him, dude is dead man walking.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Pictures From Way Back (before Blogging) Plus She's Adorable / Worlds Most Expensive Wedding.sultan Of Brunei Son In Mind Boggling Splendor Pix / JCIN-OAU Donates Modernized Well To Agbogbo Community.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.