Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos (31955 Views)

Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Meets With Osinbajo (Photos) / Oba Of Lagos Akiolu In The Streets Of London Holding Bread (Photos) / Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by alienvirus: 8:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
The yeebos will learn in a very hard way.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by LAX89(m): 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
ozoigbondu:
The Oba of Lagos, Alhaji Rilwan Akiolu, on  Sunday organised a prayer session for peaceful co-existence in Lagos and Nigeria in general.

The prayer was conducted at the Iga Idunganran Palace of the royal father on Lagos Island.
Akiolu said that the prayer was imperative to peaceful co-existence in Lagos and Nigeria in general, after peaceful conduct of the general elections in the state.

He urged different tribes in Lagos to work for the progress of the state.

The royal father urged the president-elect, retired Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari to assist Lagos in repairing most of the damaged federal roads in the state.

Akiolu, who spoke in Yoruba language, said that when Buhari came to his palace during the campaign period, he was three hours behind schedule.

He said that Buhari complained of bad roads and he told him that when he becomes the president he should help the state to reconstruct the road.
The Oba said he was sure that God would give him the power to do it.

Akiolu urged the incoming Governor of Lagos, to do what he promised the people.

The prayer was conducted by Imam Mujitabah Giwa, the Alawiye of Lagos and his league of Imams.

Giwa prayed for peaceful coexistence in Lagos and also for political leaders in the country.

Some traditional rulers in Lagos as well as white cap chiefs were present at the prayer session.
Chief Rasak Okoya, Chairman of Eleganza Group was also among some dignitaries present.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/oba-of-lagos-akiolu-organises-prayer-for-peaceful-co-existence-in-lagos-nigeria/

Even armed robbers pray before going for robbery!

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by Masterkolade: 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rose2014:

If I hear. 'The heart of man is desperately wicked, who can know it?'
'Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth has already spoken'

Using religion to try playing down genocide threat on a tribe. This can happen Only in Nigeria

I think Igbos are too peace loving walahi. This matter should be in ICC not in church.

Mtchew

pls what of the clear threats made by asari tompolo and others?? Nobody protested, nothing was done about it to. The oba was wrong no doubt even following the circumstances that called for the statement, but pls lets remove the sentiments attached to this thing and lets move on.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by abdulwastecx(m): 8:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rose2014:

Using religion to try playing down genocide threat on a tribe. This can happen Only in Nigeria

I think Igbos are too peace loving walahi. This matter should be in ICC not in church.

Mtchew

what nonsense are you saying dude.... if you are tired of lagos, kindly pack your bags and go back to your village.
I'm not in anyway in support of what the oba's position but you guys need to show some respect to your host community

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by Afriface: 8:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
Right direction!

Goodluck guys!

From Zero Minute Performance to 30 Minutes Non stop

4 Years Ago My wife Told me She's Leaving Me Because I Was Too Weak in Bed.. But Today She Calls Me Bed Champ

http://www.terminateitnow.com/
Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by bigkesh(m): 8:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rose2014:

Using religion to try playing down genocide threat on a tribe. Imagine the Oba swearing by Allah to carry out his lagoon threat and trying to get away with it. This can happen Only in Nigeria. So which God are we calling now for peace?

Spits and Unfollows thread
icc ko, CAC ni.....

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by Rose2014: 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
abdulwastecx:

what nonsense are you saying dude.... if you are tired of lagos, kindly pack your bags and go back to your village.
I'm not in anyway in support of what the oba's position but you guys need to show some respect to your host community
And in your useless brain, every nigerian lives in Lagos. Mumu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by zekki: 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
Acekidc4:
I say a BIG AMEN to His Prayers!!
U no dey forgive person?
Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by 2ruink(m): 8:12pm On Apr 12, 2015
NONSENSE
Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by meforyou1(m): 8:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
Amen to the prayer. Lagosians are good people. I always enjoy myself when I go to lagos, except for the traffic jam. Abode should strive and complete the light rail and buhari should look into a comprehensive intra city railway system for lagos.
All those malicious lies against JK will fade away, I trust.
We are all good people

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by san316(m): 8:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
Thank God nobody will be drowned.

Phew!!!
Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by Tunagy: 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
raziboi:
[size=50pt] OBA MAY HEAVENLY THUNDER WIRE UR MOUTH..DATS MA OWN PRAYER

AMEN[/size]
wire ur entire family... lack of RESPECT

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by dozymars(m): 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
Pray hard o! because you need us all to develop Lagos.
Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by Misogynist2014(m): 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
Okay
Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
PREVILEDGED INFORMATION -

I posted it earlier that this was going to be organised. (check my profile). This is a damage control tactics from the oba for the events to come. After several meetings with Tinubu, Fashola, the governor-elect Ambode, and the other obas in lagos, Strategies have been finalised on how to put the igbos properly in their place. **

This prayer had to be done to neutralise the oba's 'threat' and clear him of any blame for the upcoming 'Eko against Igbos' agenda that will start in a matter of weeks. You can take this to the bank!

I really wished the information was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by chodosky: 8:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
Well a word is enough for the wise, I pitty my fellow Igbo brother who now sees Lagos as their homes. Building mansions here and there. Ntooo. I can only take shit from white men where I'm living right now, but not definitely a fellow Nigerian. Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by lomprico(m): 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hypomotherfuckingcrite!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by Crispels(m): 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
LAGOS MADE THE IGBOS;THE IGBOS DIDN'T MAKE LAGOS.

Most Igbos say they are the people that developed Lagos and made Lagos what it is today. They say without Igbos, Lagos is finished. And i keep on wondering, how has Igbos helped in shaping and developing Lagos?Lets get the facts right, Igbos didn't develop Lagos, rather, it was Lagos that shaped and made the Igbos what they are today. Without igbos in Lagos, Lagos will remain Lagos and without Lagos, most Igbos may likely be nothing.“Reasons for my assertion is that most giant and top companies that attracts millions of people across the country to Lagos are not owned by the Igbos, so, how has Igbos shaped and developed Lagos?These are the achievements and economic advancement Igbos gave Lagos and Lagosians; tokunbo and fake spare parts at Ladipo Market, China Electronics and pirated CDs at Alaba market, bend-down select clothes at Idumota,yaba and katangowa market, Chinese and tokunbo computers accessories and Fake phones at Computer village Ikeja; are Igbos economical achievement and contribution to Lagos. In fact, most Igbos are causing nuissance in Lagos. A visit to this markets will tell you the amount of nuissance that most Igbos has caused in Lagos. The environments these Igbos traders are mostly populated are always polluted with waste of all sorts, they are dirty,stinking,rough, erection of illegal shops on the road,on the pipeline and railway lines are encouraged in this market places that causes traffic gridlock and other dangerous acts and when Lagos state government dismantle these illegal shops, they get angry, if Lagos state government close their shops for environmental violation, they pick offence. How then has the Igbos developed Lagos? As far as am concerned, PZ, COCA-COLA, 7UP, CADBURY, MTN, AIRTEL, GLO, ETISALAT, DANGOTE, SHOP-RITES, GOLDEN PENNY, FLOUR MILL, INDOMIE, UNILEVER, P&G, CHI LIMITED, GUINNESS, NIGERIA BREWERIES, OANDO, CONOIL, TOTAL, MOBIL, CHEVRON, SHELL, AQUADANA, KFC, EKO HOTEL, INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, PROTEA HOTEL,ORIENTAL HOTEL,JULIUS BERGER, RCC CONSTRUCTION, NESTLE, KPMG, GSK, FRISLAND FOOD, WAMCO, BRITISH AMERICA TOBACCO, FLOUR MILL, SCHLUBEGER, AIT, SILVERBIRD TV, CHANNELS TV, LARFARGE,AVIS,CECC etc are not owned by the Igbos. These companies are what attracted millions of people to Lagos. Igbos shouldn't lay claim that they develop a place by becoming a nuisance. Most of the top churches in Lagos are not also owned by the Igbos. House on the Rock, Redeem, Christ Embassy, Deeper life, living faith, MFM, etc are not owned by Igbos, the only church owned by an Igbo man is TREM, while another Igbo church Lord Chosen church encourage nuissance in Lagos and its also dubbed as the dirtiest church in Lagos.Records shows that 75% of robbery cases in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 85% of ritual cases in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 60% of drug cases in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 70% of fraud cases in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 90% of pirated CDs in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 60% of fake and Adulterated drugs in Lagos that has killed thousands of Lagosians are carried out by Igbos, in fact, most of the crimes in Lagos are related to the Igbos so how has Igbos developed Lagos when they can't get their hands off crimes?There is no Igbo man among the top three richest people in Nigeria, so how are they successful?The truth is that the Igbos should be grateful that the Yorubas accommodated them in Lagos peacefully, they shouldn't take the Meekness and kindness of the Yorubas for granted.Igbos didn't make Lagos but its actually Lagos that made Igbos.

9 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
BiHung:
Okay sir
Ozoigbondu will still come here and spill trash

Wait a minute...how did ozoigbondu get this news before we the son of the soil.

which soil are you son of?
Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
Damage control things. It's all good sha. Oya shout 26 Sekem for Deacon Udom Gabriel Emmanuel and Akpabio.
Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by raziboi(m): 8:20pm On Apr 12, 2015
Tunagy:

wire ur entire family... lack of RESPECT

hahahah check on ur father now oooo. De thing don strike em left nyash and right ball.....
OBOTOH

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by hotgunz(m): 8:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
After ambode don win abi let say jimi won wat will happen oba?
Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by nd07(m): 8:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
odeotito:
Just unfortunate that Agbaje is now tainted as an Igbo ethnic politician! Imagine him promising to make an Eze Igbo a First Class Chief in Lagos. Except he was deceiving the Igbo he should know that The Igbo are a fiercely Republican and autonomous people who will not accept the overlordship of a single person as Eze all over Lagos Igbo- confusion will ensue! Just wondering how much of Igbo he can speak - in case he needs to try making a run for Governorship in any of the eastern states!
Shame to the apostles of ethnic politics playing us against one another! Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa et al are Nigerians who deserve to vote and be voted for ANYWHERE in the country.
It remains to be said however that it is an unreasonable and unfair thing to do to hit your host community under the belt by playing the ethnic card in election time when you have not been discriminated against in enjoying the dividend of democracy! The obvious attempt by Igbos at doing so in this elections is unfortunate and will only serve a notice on the Yoruba to be wary of the Igbo as a people nursing an agenda to take over their host community. The Igbo must consciously set out to put the Yoruba (their hosts in Lagos) at ease by correcting that impression.

u r writing "RUBBISH" here, don't divert ds topic. ur oba has made public disgrace of himself & now trying 2 fake image recovery. is Abgaje d only person dt took to dt system of electioneering. Ur Oba's foolishness & shameful utterance cannot be compared 2 wateva mistake (if any) Agbaje made.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by illiad: 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
Op why do you superimpose those two unrelated pics.
Are you trying to say something with it?
Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by Helkayklassic(m): 8:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
mascot87:

I was expecting a foolish comment from an ediot,I never knew it would come from a female.

Bros hey! The babe offend u before? this is 3 much.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
[quote
author=odeotito post=32649826]Just unfortunate that Agbaje is now
tainted as an Igbo ethnic politician! Imagine him promising to make an
Eze Igbo a First Class Chief in Lagos. Except he was deceiving the Igbo
he should know that The Igbo are a fiercely Republican and autonomous
people who will not accept the overlordship of a single person as Eze
all over Lagos Igbo- confusion will ensue! Just wondering how much of
Igbo he can speak - in case he needs to try making a run for
Governorship in any of the eastern states!
Shame to the apostles of ethnic politics playing us against one another!
Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa et al are Nigerians who deserve to vote and be
voted for ANYWHERE in the country.
It remains to be said however that it is an unreasonable and unfair
thing to do to hit your host community under the belt by playing the
ethnic card in election time when you have not been discriminated
against in enjoying the dividend of democracy! The obvious attempt by
Igbos at doing so in this elections is unfortunate and will only serve a
notice on the Yoruba to be wary of the Igbo as a people nursing an
agenda to take over their host community. The Igbo must consciously set
out to put the Yoruba (their hosts in Lagos) at ease by correcting that
impression.[/quote]

oga pls enough of this rubbish post
Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by cirmuell(m): 8:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hmmm.
Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by dunkem21(m): 8:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rose2014:

If I hear
'The heart of man is desperately wicked, who can know it?'

Using religion to play down genocide threat on a whole tribe. Imagine the Oba swearing by Allah to carry out his lagoon threat and still trying to use religion to get away with it. This can happen Only in Nigeria. So which God are we calling now for peace?
Video that I saw him swear by Allah , put his finger in his mouth and raised it up, people are here telling me he was using metaphor. Who is deceiving who?

I think Igbos are too peace loving walahi. This matter should be in ICC not in any church or mosque. Nonsense

Spits and Unfollows thread

Ika m ike, eziokwu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by steppin: 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
dipopoo:
No way. We can never n ever co- exist with flatees we prefer Gambaris to Flateees. Forcing flatees out of lagos very soon
*singing with Everly Brothers*
Dream, dream, dream, dream
Dream, dream, dream, dream
Re: Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Organises Prayer For Peaceful Co-existence In Lagos by bams2999(m): 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
Amen ya ALLAH, May ALLAH protect ur & guide u, Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emma Otika Attacked, His Head Broken In Anambra State (Graphic Photos) / "Tell believeable lies," these ones won't fly - Okorocha fires Ihedioha, PDP / Suspended Head Of Service, Oyo-Ita, Forfeits Assets To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.