Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? (10537 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / This Is What My House Help Did To Me / I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? by pickabeau1: 8:17am On Apr 19, 2015
Teespice:

being a fiancee is one thing, getting married and sacrificing your job is another different thing.

haven't you read stories in this same section where promises are made pointing to this direction and at the end no results.

na wa oooooo.

besides as someone rightly pointed out, if eventually he does open the pharmacy for her, does she have the licence to dispense drugs?

Very calm and unemotional post so I will respond

Yes he is d fiance now which is the step before becoming a hubby

Life plans don't start from wedding day

Yes some people have gone back in their words post wedding but this is still not applicable to every one.

As the woman she has to use her judgement to decipher the true intent

Some have done it and prospered

This particular op was not sure of his plans for her hence the words....the man who claimed to love me
Re: Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? by kaboninc(m): 8:55am On Apr 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

Yes some people have gone back in their words post wedding but this is still not applicable to every one.

This particular op was not sure of his plans for her hence the words....the man who claimed to love me

Hmmm
Re: Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? by pickabeau1: 9:00am On Apr 19, 2015
kaboninc:

Hmmm

Dude..whats d issue

Why r u stalking me
Re: Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? by kaboninc(m): 9:02am On Apr 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

Dude..whats d issue

Why r u stalking me

Good morning!

I wanted to say 'good morning'.
Re: Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? by pickabeau1: 9:06am On Apr 19, 2015
kaboninc:

Good morning!

I wanted to say 'good morning'.

Ok...if u say so
Morning to you also
Re: Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? by kaboninc(m): 9:07am On Apr 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

Ok...if u say so
Morning to you also

Yeah.

Thanks.

Have a swell day today!

Cheers! cheesy grin
Re: Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? by spiralwedge(m): 9:40am On Apr 19, 2015
u did the right thing. thank God it happened b4 marriage. move on and stop regretting

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? by Teespice(f): 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

I feel she has compromised enough sef.

she wants to work for at least two years, then resign

she would work her transfer back to ph which would make it easier for her to commute, he refused.

he's saying he wants to open a drug store for her, has he considered that she does not have the required licence.

I agree that life plans does not start from the wedding. from what I have read, a man who loves her and wants her to succeed would reach a compromise, hence her use of the word "claims to love me".

Op has made her decision, all this one we are saying is additional jara.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? by pickabeau1: 2:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
Teespice:

I feel she has compromised enough sef.

she wants to work for at least two years, then resign

she would work her transfer back to ph which would make it easier for her to commute, he refused.

he's saying he wants to open a drug store for her, has he considered that she does not have the required licence.

I agree that life plans does not start from the wedding. from what I have read, a man who loves her and wants her to succeed would reach a compromise, hence her use of the word "claims to love me".

Op has made her decision, all this one we are saying is additional jara.

I brought up life plans starting because you said he was not her husband

Her compromising or not is based on one side of the story

She made the best decision granted
Is it the right decision is another one ONLY TIME WILL TELL.
Re: Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? by Teespice(f): 3:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

I brought up life plans starting because you said he was not her husband

Her compromising or not is based on one side of the story

She made the best decision granted
Is it the right decision is another one ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

lol

no wahala.
Re: Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? by Emaprince: 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2015
Good decision miss Op. Especially due to the fact that your siblings depends on you. Its really a bad situation to be in.

Yes, I support the Op but if I was the man, I don't think I can marry a woman who works in another city while I work in another city. That's not marriage to me! Both are supposed to be living together.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? by kweenkong(f): 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
There is no right or wrong in this situation.
Starting out life with a man is based on your personal conviction , dreams and aspirations.
We were told to marry a man who we share the same dreams with. So why do people expect her to halt her dreams and jump ship?
Funny thing is she might meet another man and move for much less.
Aside from the financial help to her family , she needs to be sure she is doing the right thing.
i wish the poster well, and she should never ever regret her decision.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? by iriskiki(f): 2:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
God bless you. Beta pikin.
JeffreyJamez:
You made the best and wisest decision... considering the fact that you're the one taking care of your younger ones and parents. You weren't being selfish. Marriage is not by force.... and to think he said he will open a pharmacy AFTER the marriage?.... Dude is evil..if he really wanted you to quit,he would make the provisions available before talking trash. That's how he will marry you now and turn you to baby-making machine. Pharmacy you no go see, money for chop go be war, money to give your parents and cater for your younger ones go turn issue... abeg he should move on....you too move on, a better and more reasonable guy would come your way, trust me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Won't He Treat Her As A Queen All The Days Of His Life? / Practical Approach To Dealing With Past Hurt And Mistakes / Happy Father's Day To All Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.