Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,945 members, 7,810,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos (38835 Views)

Police React To Northern Youths Ultimatum To Igbos, Issue Warning / Jonathan Reacts To Ultimatum Given To Igbos By Northern Youths / Fani-Kayode Blasts Kerry: "Your Statement To Sultan Is Garbage" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 15, 2015
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by adeA1(m): 11:51am On Apr 15, 2015
I dnt knw biko! Cos d internatnl Commnty selv my friend ate thm
koladebrainiac:
wil coment later
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by koolsnoop2(m): 11:52am On Apr 15, 2015
you have spoken well my sister
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by tsdarkside(m): 11:52am On Apr 15, 2015
angelawoko:

https://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=167322

excellent reasoning....i am proud of ma black-queen.... grin grin grin
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 15, 2015
I'm sorry. Did you say taking the general freedom they have for granted? We SHOULD take it for granted any Nigerian can live any where and take it for granted that they should have peace and security anywhere they live and especially Lagos that was the federal capital for that matter. I did not become developed with Yoruba money alone just as Abuja the new capital did not become developed with Gwari money.

TS2:

Nice one my sister. You are deep. Waaaaay deeper than Chimamanda sef.

I had this discussion with someone on my way to work today but hey, you have put it in proper perspective.

Im not Yoruba but you know I think people have over exagerrated this issue and acted like there is no human angle to the story. The Oba or Obi or Emir of a land is also human and is fallible. Many of us that are not from Lagos have taken the acceptance and the general freedom we have to live and stay in Lagos for granted. But we need to give kudos to the Lagosians because if they want to be nuisances to us they can. It is not fair to call someone else's home no man's land.

3 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by raumdeuter: 11:53am On Apr 15, 2015
grin grin
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by basilo101: 11:53am On Apr 15, 2015
Nonesense. If lagos is not a no mans land why is being ruled by people frm Osun, ondo, ekiti? If yoruba claim dat SW is one entity let an Ekiti man rule Ogun. I'm yet to see an enugu man claim "owner of d land" in Onitsha or Aba.

2 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Ngokafor(f): 11:55am On Apr 15, 2015
Ejaisky:
Is Warri now an Igbo land?

...my dear na so i see am too...imagine the ignorant dude using Warri as an example if how 'troublesome' Igbos are..smh.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 15, 2015
The ones that have had their eyes opened FINALLY and AT LONG LAST!
disumusa:
pls tell me any tribe that igbos love
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Mcowubaba: 11:57am On Apr 15, 2015
disumusa:
pls tell me any tribe that igbos love
Every Tribe cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by homirefacuny(m): 11:57am On Apr 15, 2015
waternogetemeny:
The problem here is that most of all she is saying is coming from the Biggot that she now shares a bed and call husband.

Nothing marriage no go cause. Deperation to answer married. Naturally igbo women are conservative and dont dable into politics unless something is wrong as with wat the oba said.

This one is genetically corrupted by the ofe BIGOT she shares bed with, fact.

Tribalism runs in your blood bro.....cos your sister married a Yoruba now....you refer to her wt all sort of acronyms? Grow up and get a life!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by dandoki: 11:57am On Apr 15, 2015
I thought the Igbos say they are the Israelites lost tribe of Gad. They should pack up and go to Israel. We could use the entire SE for a big oil palm plantation and nobody would be afraid of being drowned in the lagoon!!

4 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:58am On Apr 15, 2015
Truly, we wouldn’t tolerate half the things we expect from Lagos in Aba or Onitsha or Enugu. Igbos want to be part of the House of Assembly and be among the decision makers for Lagos state. That in itself is not bad because a state stakeholder HAS A RIGHT to be among those making decisions for the state. But historically and by default, people kick against non-tribesman being at the decision-making level and our flippant comments about “taking over the land” is not helping matters either! Why do we want to “take over” another man’s land? It wasn’t bare land before people came and developed it. It’s people’s ancestral homes, and even in a democracy where many are working tirelessly to water the progressive idea of ONE NIGERIA, it is still important we recognize and help preserve each other’s heritage. For only then can we truly build the foundation for lasting synergy and proudly BECOME ONE, for the greater good of OUR LAND...Ijeoma Omotade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by bobosydney: 11:59am On Apr 15, 2015
I think Igbo hate themselves more how any tribe hate them because they are ready to kill their brothers because of money .I'm a Yoruba guy but I had Igbo friend which is my best friend in abroad . Could anybody believe that my Igbo friend nearly got stab or killed twice last by his own Igbo friends because they were after his money . He always lucky that I always safe him anytime they after him .Meanwhile , many of of his Igbo friends have told him before not to trust or be friend with Yoruba when the see me and him before and they see me as threat to them .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
Personally I’m deeply hurt hearing some Yoruba leaders telling my people that we should be “grateful” living in Lagos; that is utterly unfair, point blank. Any Yoruba person saying that is very shallow minded. We Igbos work HARD for our living, and add IMMENSELY to the growth and development of the city. Try shutting down major trade markets dominated by Igbos for just one week and watch Lagos economy go haywire! But so does the Hausa community in the east that bring in food and supply our markets; they work hard too! Let them stop the lorries from bringing in food to the south and watch what happens. So I plead with EVERYONE, my IGBO KINSMEN inclusive. And this is my plea, that we PLEASE speak as we would like to be spoken to; “do as you would be done by”, RESPECT AND LOVE your fellow man…ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL BY GOD!....Ijeoma. cool
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by mmsen: 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
Imanuelle:

To think that I spent the last Xmas at my Yoruba friend's family house, and his parents were literally begging me to stay till after the new year celebration.

I wonder where these nairalanders who are tribal got their hate from.

Most likely they live in villages, probably the kind that refuse to sell land to 'outsiders'.

And by 'outsiders' I mean anyone who was not born there.

Silly people.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by NZEGWUAGU(m): 12:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
What else would one expect to read from an Ijeoma Ozichi Omotade? She is married to a Yoruba and would want to pacify them by sounding like mother Theresa. Imagine if Chidinma the popular artiste who speaks impeccable Yoruba but I am sure cannot say bia does a write-up about the case in point. Are you going to be amiss as to who her sentiments would favour? I am sure Ozichi cannot say bia because she does not know it. All those wayward Imo people that travel and do not return home why would they not have started reasoning and behaving like the Yorubas already? We Igbos call them 'ala bu otu' meaning that the whole earth is one and that where ever you are is as good as anywhere else so there is no need to bother about ancestral homes. Lagos is a no-man's land just like Abuja. If the aboriginal Lagosians did not get properly compensated by the federal government they should request for it the way the Ggagyis, the aboriginal owners of Abuja are currently doing and stop disturbing the indigenous Lagos-Igbos.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by jahjehova(m): 12:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
Anyone who says you didn't do justice to the discuss at hand is number one on the list of subject.
In as much as the statement from the Oba is disgusting to me (a yoruba man), It is also fair to say as some in the thread have posited that my siblings from the east of the Niger can't take some of these things been demanded from other tribes.

As one who has first hand experience of the three major tribes, I would propose we stick to the motto: Unity in diversity. A time should come when we see ourselves as one and not as individual tribes. If the USA can survive together as diverse as they are, I imagine what the problem of we Nigerians is that we can't stay together (even though we are only a little bigger in size than Texas).

angelawoko:

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2015

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Mcowubaba: 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
PassingShot:

I have first hand experience through my more than ten straight years of living in Warri (few Igbos here) and Asaba (predominantly Igbos). Though I still have a few Igbo friends who are complete gentlemen but generally speaking I personally cannot accept that the Igbos are relatively peaceful.
Nobody can force u to accept anything...
Nd infact, u not accepting that igbos r Peaceful-DOES NT CHANGE THE FACT# that the are Peaceful!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by adeA1(m): 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
I dnt knw biko! Cos d internatnl Commnty selv my friend ates thm. But he s now repentful sha thou not after he had don his worst by usin dt hatred to vote his friend chukwuemeka Agbaje but to no avail as God dey wit me. Thank God we got to knw who actually owns lagos .

Afterll I ve neva made any attempt to u d route to ur place since cos I knw....... We re ll one.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
I don’t support the Oba, he is not my relative, nor did he “settle” my family. In his heart he is just like many other Igbos, Hausas and Yorubas; TRIBALISTIC! The only difference is that he is an influential public figure and so we can all tweet and Facebook his bad communication skills; a public figure who didn’t think about the implications of his words before he spoke. However, that statement would have been made by even an angry IGBO king or Hausa Emir because I don’t see anyone of them doing any better..Ijeoma Ozichi.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
mmsen:

Most likely they live in villages, probably the kind that refuse to sell land to 'outsiders'.

And by 'outsiders' I mean anyone who was not born there.

Stupid people.

If you get to understand the age variations of nairalanders, you'll stop taking many or them serious.

Kids and frustrated + ignorant people everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by rabimlomo: 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Can you tell me how Igbo people won't give you what they get from you?

Anybody who have lived in the SE know that the Igbos do not care where anyone comes from. The only phobia people have is that of competition.

Some igbos are nice but, most are not accommodating especially when it comes to making money, and that includes requesting money for virtually everything and looking for every opportunity to exploit the hell out of you.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by ThisMeansWAR: 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
illiad:

See as your mouth wide. E-warrior. Na under keyboard you dey dey slaughter people. Have you ever fought any igbo man one on one? Do you think you can kill any igbo man one on one? Pls stop making mouth here because I know people like you would take the first bus to your iseyin village once war broke out in nigeria. Abi you think say na broken bottle them take dey fight war ni? People like you always make me laugh.

Even your opc & area boyz never fight igbos for one day. Have you asked yourself why?

I just dey laugh you.
ediot, go and ask about ajegunle mayhem you dumb flattie.. If we start giving you Hausa treatment now, you will be the one crying and start playing victim's card.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by ThisMeansWAR: 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Whoever sheds innocent blood, God will shed their own. embarassed embarassed
story for the gods.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by mmsen: 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
Imanuelle:

If you get to understand the age variations of nairalanders, you'll stop to take many or them serious.

Kids and frustrated + ignorant people everywhere

How long before they realize that it will not benefit them I wonder?
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by zimoni(f): 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
She's right. We are all guilty of tribalism, even the elites are not left out.

May God forgive us all.

Lobatan.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
This is the kind of challenge that we non yorubas face,we're almost caught inbetween trying to strike a balance in order not to take sides. I am not from the south-east,but my parents are from delta state. I'm married to a lagos indiegene and I face discrimination still even as I try as much as I can to be objective. Why would I say bad things about my children's home state which is lagos. When I make comments here some people feel you take side. Every tribe in Nigeria is guilty.igbos,yorubas and hausas;it's a Nigerian thing.

3 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Pdizzle(m): 12:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Very wrong! embarassed

Very true. Madam Adichie has her own very smart way of being bias, take deep look into all her articles involving the pogrom, and the way she gulps everything Achebe documented. Considering a story with different angles and account. She has a lecture in which she talked about dangers of single/one sided story, unfortunately she's a victim of it. 'knowing they say, is not enough'

4 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
mmsen:

How long before they realize that it will not benefit them I wonder?

Its up to them.

Ignorance is bliss.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by nokingasgod: 12:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
angelawoko:

Of truth x-tray-ed. Deeply articulate. Brilliantly blunt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

PHOTOS:- More Flooding In Lekki And Ajah Metropolis / Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment / INEC rejects Okowa’s LG results for Over-Voting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.