Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos (38813 Views)

Police React To Northern Youths Ultimatum To Igbos, Issue Warning / Jonathan Reacts To Ultimatum Given To Igbos By Northern Youths / Fani-Kayode Blasts Kerry: "Your Statement To Sultan Is Garbage" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by alrahmanonline(m): 10:08am On Apr 15, 2015
M17:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ?

When i ask you to take it easy and bounced on me like king kong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Jk210(f): 10:10am On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The bold part is true, I agree with you. A lot has to be done to check this. The problem with my people is that they don't like to hear the truth, when you point out certain facts to them they shout you down and call you all sorts of names. Some even called me a Yoruba boy recently.
Life is not all about shouting and anger; it could be much better. I think a lot of people are still very bitter because of the civil war. i myself get sad sometimes when I think read those books and all that but we must move ahead. there is nothing we can do about yesterday but we have today and the future ahead of us. You cannot move forward when you are weighed down by bitterness and hate. Not all of us are like this though but I pray that the majority of the bitter ones find the will and strength to come out of it. cry cry
Amen. I pray so too.

May God bless us all
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Alfamann: 10:11am On Apr 15, 2015
TS2:

Have you even made any sense now?

In Dubai how many of the people are indigenous to Dubai make up the total population? Even in the US what is the population of native americans? But nobody has gone there to say no man's land. So because of uncontrolled migration to Lagos we should now behave like the land belongs to everybody.

Is Onitsha or Kaduna or Benue no-man's land too? Can you go there and call those places no man's land?

Is Onitsha or Kaduna or Benue former federal capitals?

7 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 15, 2015
waternogetemeny:
[size=14pt]If u want to dispute a nobel laureate, u need to go and get yourself a nobel price first.

I no get time to read her husband opinion that she is promoting. [/size]
Chimamanda is not a nobel laureate, and even if she was, it doesn't make her right in everything. Oh...and it's prize not "price".

11 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:22am On Apr 15, 2015
omoharry:
rily? They are not as accommodation as the Yorubas. I serve there so i know better before i did my transfer to Ogun state s.I am from the Niger Delta..dont paint blue and call it white

Babe I'm still waiting for you to give instances cos I can give you numerous instances where I have been harassed in the course of doing my business in Lagos and for being Nyamiri and a Christian in the North.

8 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by coolitempa(f): 10:22am On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The bold part is true, I agree with you. A lot has to be done to check this. The problem with my people is that they don't like to hear the truth, when you point out certain facts to them they shout you down and call you all sorts of names. Some even called me a Yoruba boy recently.

Life is not all about shouting and anger; it could be much better. I think a lot of people are still very bitter because of the civil war. i myself get sad sometimes when I think read those books and all that but we must move ahead. there is nothing we can do about yesterday but we have today and the future ahead of us. You cannot move forward when you are weighed down by bitterness and hate. Not all of us are like this though but I pray that the majority of the bitter ones find the will and strength to come out of it. cry cry

well said.... cool......but it is too late already.....now d man even on d streets know.....the writer is married to a Yoruba man n she also knows what is happening .......ibos need to understand that yorubas are different in many ways......the actions ibos have been taking means a lot.....yorubas r not going to act immediately n rashly like ibos do.....but swiftly n gradually grade them down... grin....my yorubas brodas ....pls don't be angry with me for exposing us....I am just trying to salvage what is still possible o.....we know that ibos r emotional n surface people......let us hope something can still be done...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by waternogetemeny: 10:22am On Apr 15, 2015
[size=14pt]The problem here is that most of all she is saying is coming from the Biggot that she now shares a bed and call husband.

Nothing marriage no go cause. Deperation to answer married. Naturally igbo women are conservative and dont dable into politics unless something is wrong as with wat the oba said.

This one is genetically corrupted by the ofe-MANU bigot she shares bed with, fact.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 15, 2015
Alfamann:
Even before reading this shyte, I already told myself that this must have said by a yoruba-dick sucker. She confirmed it a few paragraphs later.

Nne, your surname shows that you are no longer Igbo. Even an osu is better than you. Stop calling yourself Igbo and face your new tribe. Ashawo!
I am Igbo and I think you are nasty, ignorant and stupi.d, with the IQ of a retar.ded mosquito.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Alfamann: 10:29am On Apr 15, 2015
ROSSIKE:
I am Igbo and I think you are nasty, ignorant and stupi.d, with the IQ of a retar.ded mosquito.

Calm down.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by ThisMeansWAR: 10:40am On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I have said it several times that it makes no sense calling Lagos a no-man's-land. It is very disrespectful and provocative. What we need is mutual respect to live together. My people should stop all these silly talk of taking over Lagos, that they feed the Yoruba, that others are lazy, all these rubbish don't make any sense.

I also do no support when Yorubas say they are 'accomodating' us. How exactly do they 'accommodate# us? We pay for lands we get, we pay rents for our houses and shops/office spaces, we pay our taxes and all that so I just don't get it. Do they give us these things for free? If they do then they can say they are 'accommodating' us but as far as I know, that statement makes no sense. I can't imagine a british telling another british that he is being 'accommodated' in his own country. embarassed Only in Nigeria will you hear such!

That said, I don't see any need for this unnecessary aggression towards the Yoruba. As far as I know, they are a nice group of people and very wise too. Tribalism cuts across all tribes so let us all not single out a particular tribe. I have lived in the North, SE & SW and I can tell you that I noticed tribalism amongst the Hausa, Yorubas and Igbos! shocked shocked

One love to all. cool
Yorubas are accommodating because we could give you South African treatment.. After all you pay your money to go to South Africa too and to rent house there.

2 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 15, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
[s]Yorubas are accommodating because we could give you South African treatment.. After all you pay your money to go to South Africa too and to rent house there.[/s]

Please use your head, Nigerians in SA are foreigners but Igbos in the SW are citizens in their own country. You cannot claim to be accommodating a fellow citizen? undecided

If you can muster enough courage to declare a sovereign Odua republic and break out of Nigeria then you can compare both scenarios.

14 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 15, 2015
coolitempa:

[s]well said.... cool......but it is too late already.....now d man even on d streets know.....the writer is married to a Yoruba man n she also knows what is happening .......ibos need to understand that yorubas are different in many ways......the actions ibos have been taking means a lot.....yorubas r not going to act immediately n rashly like ibos do.....but swiftly n gradually grade them down... grin....my yorubas brodas ....pls don't be angry with me for exposing us....I am just trying to salvage what is still possible o.....we know that ibos r emotional n surface people......let us hope something can still be done..[/s].

Do the worst you can do, enough of all this talk already. You and your people are not God. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 15, 2015
Alfamann:

She has said nothing but placate her husband's people. Did the she goat ask about how all those Lagos developments came about. The finance and the manpower?

If it is yorubaland, let them develop it with their own resources. Why come down to South East and beg for oil?

Are you saying that the development we see in Lagos was solely done by us? grin grin grin grin grin Lagos is a cosmopolitan city and was collectively developed by all Nigerians.

Last time I checked, the bulk of the oil that has been used in running this country was from the SS not SE, please stop this self-deception, it will take you nowhere.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by ThisMeansWAR: 10:57am On Apr 15, 2015
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by ThisMeansWAR: 10:57am On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Please use your head, Nigerians in SA are foreigners but Igbos in the SW are citizens in their own country. You cannot claim to be accommodating a fellow citizen? undecided
so you think Nigeria is a country ehn? Nigeria is many countries inside one country.. Deal with that..

Even Americans still define their boundaries despite the fact that they have been living together for more than 300 years.. Get your head of your butt mister.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 15, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
[s]so you think Nigeria is a country ehn? Nigeria is many countries inside one country.. Deal with that..

Even Americans still define their boundaries despite the fact that they have been living together for more than 300 years.. Get your head of your butt mister. [/s]

Until you declare Odua republic, Nigerians are Nigerians, you deal with that.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by theV0ice: 10:58am On Apr 15, 2015
Alfamann:

Is Onitsha or Kaduna or Benue former federal capitals?

Calabar was

Is it also a no man's land?

4 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 15, 2015
theV0ice:

Calabar was

Is it also a no man's land?

I have asked them that question before too. cool

7 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by austinkenneth: 10:59am On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

This is the major problem with our people. If you are an objective person you will notice that she said a lot of truth. Don't let bitterness & hatred blind you.
The problem is not with our people like you said. M17 is just one guy but the problem is that online, any comment he makes may carry a lot of weight. He is a bigot. So now, am I one of 'our people'.

2 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 15, 2015
austinkenneth:

The problem is not with our people like you said. M17 is just one guy but the problem is that online, any comment he makes may carry a lot of weight. He is a bigot. So now, am I one of 'our people'.

Stop quoting me out of context, you understand perfectly well what I was trying to say.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by ThisMeansWAR: 11:00am On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

[s]Until you declare Odua republic, Nigerians are Nigerians, you deal with that.[/s]
yeah right... Till then, know your fhucking boundaries.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 15, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:

Of course we know our blessed land of origin that is why we all travel home at least once a year especially during Christmas. The Igbos never forget their home. We move out just to acquire more. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by farem: 11:03am On Apr 15, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
M17:
AMADIOHA WILL SURELY STRIKE YOU EFULEFU

WE WILL SEE HOW YOUR BETRAYAL WILL LEAD YOU ,

KEEP TYPING , UNPOPULAR OFE OWERRI slowpoke .

I don't expect anything less. In fact, this is mild! This lady is 'cursed' for being objective. Who be am (she)? Even Dim Ojukwu, the Gburugburu himselfwould be disowned, excommunicated and ostracised, if he writes this. But Shekau, Tinubu, Fayose, FKK will be indigenized once they 'rise' angrilly in defence of Igbo-man no matter the situation.

Sister, I don't envy you o. You are hereby marked for 'destruction' by teenage to thirty-something years Igbo defenders who have in them planted the Biafran's resentment for you to have spoken like a Nigerian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by ThisMeansWAR: 11:06am On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Of course we know our blessed land of origin that is why we all travel home at least once a year especially during Christmas. The Igbos never forget their home. We move out just to acquire more. cool
hehehe... So appreciate the fact that we give you more.. And not take what you have and lynch you over frivolous things like Hausa or south African are doing .. Get it? cool
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by theV0ice: 11:06am On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I have asked them that question before too. cool

Eurobomber, I think you have your work cut out for you. Education should make us leave these rubbish behind but it appears the more information some get access to, the more hateful they become and it affects folks from both sides.

I'm happy i've been permanently blocked from the hatred. where do i start from? my beautiful wife or my 1 in a million mother-in-law? or my sister's husband? In fact maybe i don turn Igbo finish sef cheesy

I wish you the best bro

3 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by theV0ice: 11:07am On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Until you declare Odua republic, Nigerians are Nigerians, you deal with that.

Gbam!!!
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by theV0ice: 11:09am On Apr 15, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:

guy relax.......the guy is talking very sensibly. Stop fanning embers of hatred. He's said nothing to warrant your attacks

3 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by ThisMeansWAR: 11:10am On Apr 15, 2015
theV0ice:

guy relax.......the guy is talking very sensibly. Stop fanning embers of hatred. He's said nothing to warrant your attacks
and you call that an attack?
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by tomhank(m): 11:11am On Apr 15, 2015
I hate Igbo ppl eh.....

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by mulattoclaro(m): 11:11am On Apr 15, 2015
Caseless:
Igbo won't give you what they get from you.
And they are always the first to cry of "marginalization"!

Igbo people are relatively peaceful, but they are primitively tribalistic and domineering!
igbos are the worst set of human beings in the world.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 15, 2015
Tribalism is on the rise & not healthy for our economy.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 15, 2015
But historically and by default, people kick against non-tribesman being at the decision-making level and our flippant comments about “taking over the land” is not helping matters either! Why do we want to “take over” another man’s land? It wasn’t bare land before people came and developed it. It’s people’s ancestral homes, and even in a democracy where many are working tirelessly to water the progressive idea of ONE NIGERIA, it is still important we recognize and help preserve each other’s heritage. For only then can we truly build the foundation for lasting synergy and proudly BECOME ONE, for the greater good of OUR LAND.

The best part

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Professor Aliyu Mani Killed In University Of Maiduguri Mosque Bomb Blast (Pics) / "Customized" Bridge In A Village In Kebbi State (Photos) / #EndSARS Rally Marred By Low Turn Out (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.