Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? (75316 Views)

Let’s Treat Buhari’s Ministerial List With Urgency, Saraki Tells Senators / Senator Ita Enang Arrives Senate With The Ministerial List / Ministerial List: See List Of Speculated Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
989900:

Politically, FF might not have earned it, but I think it will be wrong constitutionally for a VP to have anything doing with justice. I thought about Osinbajo too, but you can't be part of the executive and judicial at the same time.

COS is a very crucial position almost like the 'silent' president.

If BRF won't be that, then throw him in the 'deep sea' -- 'Power'.
The office of Attorney-general is an executive position. It's not part of the judiciary.
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by handie(m): 9:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
989900:

Politically, FF might not have earned it, but I think it will be wrong constitutionally for a VP to have anything doing with justice. I thought about Osinbajo too, but you can't be part of the executive and judicial at the same time.

COS is a very crucial position almost like the 'silent' president.

If BRF won't be that, then throw him in the 'deep sea' -- 'Power'.
Would also have said power but with the myraids of problem there, what we need in the power sector is a technocrat. Someone who can introduce policies that will increase the capacity of tge national grid in as much as BRF is brilliant, we need a technocrat for that position
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by handie(m): 9:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
CFCfan:

The office of Attorney-general is an executive position. It's not part of the judiciary.
Yea and that's where he most fits.... No one will be a spare part in this government. What's Sambo's and GEJ's portfolio sef?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by doctokwus: 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
ugoezeik:
bro u shouldn't because u r an opposition to say wat u dnt knw. if only jona ministers cud av wk lik dis man I tink dis country wud av bn an eldorado. either u take it or leave it. am nt a member of any party bt let truth b told bro
Abeg.The guy just like jona is a scam and should go back to wherever he is from.U are d one that shouldn't say what u don't know because by d time his failings become exposed after may 29,u would b ashamed to have ever hyped him.
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by 989900: 9:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
handie:
Yea and that's where he most fits.... No one will be a spare part in this government. What's Sambo's and GEJ's portfolio sef?

'Ministry of Sharing'. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by bobo9ice: 9:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
TheMan3:
Fashola for works or ministry of power

Fashola for Minister of Power or works but I prefer him with the Power Ministry.
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
handie:
Lol. Those ones are ministers of elder statesmen grin
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by socialmediaman: 9:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
CFCfan:

The current CBN governor's tenure ends in 2019. He can only be removed by 2/3 votes in the Senate and House of Reps, or by resignation.

He'll likely be suspended or asked to resign (president has power to do both). He was enthroned to cover up some dirty deals and dust stirred up by the former CBN governor

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by handie(m): 9:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
CFCfan:

Lol. Those ones are ministers of elder statesmen grin
hehehe. Well, they should take that ministry with them outta the presidency o
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by handie(m): 9:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
989900:

'Ministry of Sharing'. cheesy
About time that ministry is closed down. No room for Kwarupsion
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by Chanchit: 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
PrinceMario:
Those who wished the general death are either dead or wallowing in regret. urs won't be an exception. ero e ma pada sori e ni.

Guy! U sure say u never drink omo this evening, person dey ask when general go die, I dey reply am say na when hin papa don die, u come dey quote me instead of make u quote d person. Jo koshi kuro lona funmi jare.
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by fineguy11(m): 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
Godjone:
Let me used this period to warn the so called general. He must look carefully before he make any choice. If he makes the wrong choice, he will even regret why he was made president.
Nigerians are very inpatient ppl. They were not patient enough and they key into the north/western coup to rout GEJ. Today, thesame Nigerians are glorifying GEJ to the higher heavens.
Baba Buhari, make the right choice or face our wrath. We don't need the following ppl in the corridors of power:
1.Tinubu
2Atiku
3Obasanjo
Thank you and may ur path be rough
disgrunted e-diot like u....just kill urself...

Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
socialmediaman:

He'll likely be suspended or asked to resign (president has power to do both). He was enthroned to cover up some dirty deals and dust stirred up by the former CBN governor
Yes, the president, in theory, can ask Emefiele to resign. But if Emefiele refuses to resign, what next? It's likely that the police would be deployed to prevent the governor from entering the CBN building.
And I don't think his suspension can be "indefinite", because his lawyers would challenge that order in court on the grounds that an indefinite suspension has no timeframe, and is tantamount to a sack, which the president doesn't have the power to do.

Anyway, we'll see how it all plays out in the coming months.
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by waldigit: 10:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
Me ICT or National Planning. I will shock the whole world. Guaranteed!
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by mikolo80: 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
handie:
Would also have said power but with the myraids of problem there, what we need in the power sector is a technocrat. Someone who can introduce policies that will increase the capacity of tge national grid in as much as BRF is brilliant, we need a technocrat for that position
define technocrat. What we need is man that will give and sanction ultimatums. Period. Do you have to be a mechanic to buy gen or borehole or even build house. No you simply need to control the money or send the sermo to prison

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by oviecollins: 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
issorite
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by oviecollins: 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
[quote author=mikolo80 post=32765024]define technocrat. What we need is man that will give and sanction ultimatums. Period. Do you have to be a mechanic to buy gen or borehole or even build house. No you simply need to control the money or send the sermo to prison[/quote. over sabi
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by mikolo80: 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
CFCfan:

Yes, the president, in theory, can ask Emefiele to resign. But if Emefiele refuses to resign, what next? It's likely that the police would be deployed to prevent the governor from entering the CBN building.
And I don't think his suspension can be "indefinite", because his lawyers would challenge that order in court on the grounds that an indefinite suspension has no timeframe, and is tantamount to a sack, which the president doesn't have the power to do.

He can also be made to take orders from de facto cbn governor or efcc'd to submission. President very powerful when you're stained with kwarrufshin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by mikolo80: 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
[quote author=oviecollins post=32765129][/quote] no be my fault na my education
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by socialmediaman: 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
I
CFCfan:

Actually it is my understanding that the current CBN governor was used by the present admin to cover up some dirty deals and dust stirred up by the former CBN gov. Emefele will have to pave way for an investigation and he'll be lucky to avoid a jail term if found culpable. In that case he'll be needing his lawyers to save his head, not protect his job

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by mikolo80: 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
CFCfan:

Well, he was asked to proceed on terminal leave 2 weeks to the end of his tenure. In his stead, Sarah Alade was appointed as the acting governor.
GEJ was only lucky that Sanusi's tenure was about to end.
no gej was only Lucky that he became royal father
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by mikolo80: 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
WORLDPEACE:

All of you have no plans for the north. Is the president-elect a self loathing northerner?
Ribadu not in apc and el RufaI a governor. While Kwankwaso is senator

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
mikolo80:
He can also be made to take orders from de facto cbn governor or efcc'd to submission. President very powerful when you're stained with kwarrufshin
An EFCC investigation and/or prosecution could force him to resign (on moral grounds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by mikolo80: 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2015
gymer:
Una just dey list southern names like say na only southerners dey Naija. Baba go surprise una.
no be our fault say them win their election na

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by mikolo80: 10:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
CFCfan:

An EFCC investigation and/or prosecution could force him to resign (on moral grounds
Precisely so keep calm. Baba has got this and tinubu is no slouch in the strong arm department either
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by farino: 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
WHAT OF DONALD DUKE?
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by aorta(m): 10:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
Aminat508:
Ajibola Amina O. Minister for Finance....
dey deceive urself ooooo.....abasha ati iranu
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by mikolo80: 10:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
Fashola for finance
ezekwesili for power
adesina for agribusiness
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
socialmediaman:
I

Actually it is my understanding that the current CBN governor was used by the present admin to cover up some dirty deals and dust stirred up by the former CBN gov. Emefele will have to pave way for an investigation and he'll be lucky to avoid a jail term if found culpable. In that case he'll be needing his lawyers to save his head, not protect his job
Right. A suspension based on criminal prosecution could be seen as valid by the courts.

I also heard that he introduced the new ATM fees, in part, to help fund PDP's campaign
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by MikkyT1(m): 10:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
firstEVA:
Fashola _ Attorney General of Federation
Amaechi _ Minister for Petroleum
Noooooooo, Tam west issokay for Petroleum minister...not Ameachi pls
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by 989900: 10:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
farino:
WHAT OF DONALD DUKE?

Tourism.
Re: Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
Amaechi- ministry of Fashola's affairs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Tinubu's 120 Car Convoy In Lagos For Sallah Raises Eyebrow (VIDEO) / Tinubu Loses Balance While Using Staircase / Buhari Names New Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.