Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (77611 Views)

Drone View Of Owerri (Photos) / Checkout The Aerial View Of Lagos Island During The Day And Night (photos) / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 16, 2015
madejibo:

A nigerian wishing another nigerian dead just because he is expressing his view, shows so much about us!
Nigerian students are killed everywhere in the world including Nigeria does it mean xenophobic?
dude stop saying trash and quit misleading innocent nigerians that everything is absolutely ok in south africa. I think if the reasonable south africans that embarked on a serious campaign about xenophobic attack reason like you, I believe everybody will still be in the dark. Even south Africans have admitted the bitter truth that xenophobia is deeply rooted in their country, I don't understand why you a immigrant is trying to hide the fact from the rest of the world. What is wrong with you?

And as for the record, you are sick man for saying nigerians are killed in e every country in the world and it shouldn't be a big deal

19 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Olaolufred(m): 10:05am On Apr 16, 2015
saymax:
The OP has told a bitter truth but as usual we will always hv pple who will differ. Whether because dey just like to b on d opposing side or sheer stupidity. Its a simple msg, if u want to live in anoda country try and b well schooled/hv a gud paying job. Dont go n constitute 2 nuisance giving ur country a bad name. Shikenan!

THANK YOU.
I WONDER WHY A NIGERIAN WILL ILLEGALLY ENTER SOUTH AFRICA TO BE LOADING BAGS OF RICE INTO TRUCKS AS A JOB.
ALREADY, HE IS TAKING THE UNSKILLED JOB AWAY FROM THE NATIVES.
NIGERIANS SHOULD BE SKILLED, AND SEEK FOR SKILLED JOBS BEFORE TRAVELLING OUT.
ALL THIS HUSTLING TO SELL THEIR FATHERS HOUSE TO GET PAPERS TO TRAVEL ABROAD WILL NOT DO US WELL AS A NATION WHEN TOUTS ARE TRAVELLING OUT.
WE HAVE GOT ENOUGH BAD NAMES ALREADY, THIS DESPERATION MUST STOP.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by stronger: 10:08am On Apr 16, 2015
The truth is, it this act is completely unacceptable.

We know it doesnt represent a majority of south africans, but it should be condemned completely!

NO EXCUSES!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by pomporiking: 10:08am On Apr 16, 2015
Don't come here defending what you have no clue about

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by helpee(m): 10:13am On Apr 16, 2015
madejibo:

Sir, the laws am referring to here is SA's immigration law, I refered to this laws because a poster said what about hustlers? My response means sa laws does not permit immigrants that are hustlers
Thank you
look every country has laws. Yet, immigrants break them. America has strict immigration laws yet hustlers break them. So they should now kill them? Malawi as a country is planning to evacuate it's citizens because of xenophobia and you are here denying the obvious. Every south African can't be xenophobic but when a whole zulu king support it with hatred speech and the son of the president support it then we can say xenophobia is as much a policy now as apartheid was in the 90s.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by tollytexy(m): 10:17am On Apr 16, 2015
YOU don't know way u saying.. SOUTHY HATE US DIE !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by tolexy007(m): 10:19am On Apr 16, 2015
I go comment later, I dey toilet now, d tin hard me, e no gree come out.....brb
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 16, 2015
it baffles me how S A are killing foreigners simply because they take over their job...

Is it that they are lazy or what...

What then shall we do to MTN and Co which are properties of S A government that has continue to drill our hard earned money...should we burn or drive them out or what,I need explanation....

I don't blame them sha...I blame my country leaders...thank God we have taken the First step of making our country Great...warning unto ye S A...“I GOT MY EYES ON YOU”....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 16, 2015
This marriage issue, a lot of Nigerians too have abused it, Nigerians with wives at home have come to SA to marry for the sake of papers, some just marry for papers and a lot of South Africans are aware.

I know someone whose husband has been in SA for over 8 years after she delivered. I had to create a thread on it. The menace and worries is just too much on her. Hope he is not married to another woman there? sad

https://www.nairaland.com/2162085/how-wives-whose-husbands-work/2#30998652
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Ruttashobolwa(m): 10:22am On Apr 16, 2015
I can see your telling nothing but lies..am sure your not Nigerian as you claim tobe!

I hate this South african altitude..they think hunting their fellow black especially foreigners will be solution of their laziness behaviour..
Stupid...

7 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by emmabest2000(m): 10:23am On Apr 16, 2015
Only God knows the truth

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 10:24am On Apr 16, 2015
i dnt knw where people are cookin stories 4rm, i'm in south africa d way this people treat us, thy respect us, u cant espect thm to respect those nigerian guys on d street screaming when thy see women with big bottom, calling ladies for no important reason hw will someone respect u when u behave like tht, study here and u will knw u are like king to them, pls people should ignore all those false rumours.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 16, 2015
There is no way I can ever like South Africa and its people, I started to hate South Africans when they almost killed my two Uncles

Thank God they are both doing fine now in a better country with great professional jos

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Bants(m): 10:29am On Apr 16, 2015
Nigerians oppressing South Africans in their country.....i wish we can only use our hustling mentality to fix our country

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Ruttashobolwa(m): 10:30am On Apr 16, 2015
ucheokpara100:
i dnt knw where people are cookin stories 4rm, i'm in south africa d way this people treat us, thy respect us, u cant espect thm to respect those nigerian guys on d street sceaming when thy see women with big bottom, calling ladies for no important reason hw will someone respect u when u behave like tht, study here and u will knw u are like king to them, pls people should ignore all those false [Color=green]rumours.[/Color]

Your such a big liar and story cook!
Your Trying to tell us nothing is happening there? Do you think we are blind,deph and dumb?

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by missionmex(m): 10:30am On Apr 16, 2015
redcliff:
I am glad you said this is your point of view. However, i was about to make some statements about it until i started reading the later end of your story which also confirmed the class at which you are telling the story from. You can say all these thing but the truth be told that these attacked were specigically targeted at black forigners and Nigeria as we all know would make its larger percentage.

In as much as this is your truth, i do not doubt it. Lets go a little lower to people who do not have the oppirtunity of having white collar jobs and going to school. The hustlers and the street roamers, the below average foreigners. They are the ones directly affected by this. Until we hear their own part of the story, then and only then can we conclude that SAcans are not xenophobic as the world think they are.
that's fair.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by ThisMeansWAR: 10:31am On Apr 16, 2015
omoharry:
Thank God you said CHASED GHANIANS OUT.. and not Killed Ghanaians..remember this was during Nigerians economic down time which i will call recession. At least they still have their live intact to make their country a better place now.... Nigerians do not Kill foreigners even when they are usually found among the terrorist destroying our country...we would rather use the Immigration to deport them back to their country... so don't ever compare Nigerians to South Africans that knows nothing but cravings for the blood of their African brothers who are their mercy..I remember when Liberia was at war... there was a refugee camp that was set out for them in one of Nigerian suburb.. these people needed to survive beyond the refugee camp lives style, BY working and fending for their self and their families.. they mixed with the locals and started doing menial job that poor Nigerians do such as COMMERCIAL BIKE riding, hair making, sales personnel etc... they were doing it along side with the local as competitors. these are low income job.. no body took arm to kill them..some were how ever given scholarship to attend schools..etc. they all lived here safely till their country got better and they started going back one after the other..some still remained behind because their business .. ALL you south Africans.. you better reconcile with your WHITE CITIZEN..because that is another keg of Gun powder you guys are sitting on..that will blow up some day, ur the frequent killing of WHITE in your country, One day they will strike and when they strike it will be very hard..I pray your country remain in peace if not..you all should just sign your death warrant and stay within your country because we True Africans are waiting for you with our bow and arrow to shoot you down as you knock at our doors.MONSTERS
you really know everything..

Well written
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by edwife(f): 10:31am On Apr 16, 2015
madejibo:

Sir check my profile I have been a member of NL since 2006

Let me tell you something,i have lived in SA for 7 years,schooled and worked there.South Africans males are lazy and do not like education.In university you will find at most 5 males out of 35 students in a classroom.They love freebies,menial jobs,crime and live off their women(mothers or girlfriends).

A white SA will prefer hiring a black foreigner than a black SA.This killing did not start today,it has been there especially in Uni.
They have themselves to blame and leave foreigners out of it.

17 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by niceeric(m): 10:31am On Apr 16, 2015
madejibo:

A nigerian wishing another nigerian dead just because he is expressing his view, shows so much about us!
Nigerian students are killed everywhere in the world including Nigeria does it mean xenophobic?
after reading your opinion and your tireless rants of support for your 'benefactors',i think its high time I told u to SHUT UP and pray your benefactors don't extinguish you when your case finally comes up for 'judgement'

and to think u actually compared chasing immigrants out to a massacre of immigrants by your lords....i think u need to start thinking as a human and not someone's lap dog cos of peanuts handed down to u

Now that's my opinion!

12 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by hahn(m): 10:31am On Apr 16, 2015
The hatred Africans have for Africans is simply alarming. Today it is Sacans killing other Africans. Tomorrow, it is Fulani killing Yorubas. Dummies claiming "land" instead of uniting and pointing out our common enemies such as poverty, diseases, poor infrastructure etc and tackling them.

Plain pathetic

11 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Ruttashobolwa(m): 10:33am On Apr 16, 2015
Justfollowit:
There is no way I can ever like South Africa and its people, I started hating South Africans when they almost killed my two Uncles

Thank God they are both doing fine now in a better country with great professional jos
Most of South Africa Jobless are killer. Now i wish they go back to apartheid policy

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by pawesome(m): 10:35am On Apr 16, 2015
helpee:
look every country has laws. Yet, immigrants break them. America has strict immigration laws yet hustlers break them. So they should now kill them? Malawi as a country is planning to evacuate it's citizens because of xenophobia and you are here denying the obvious. Every south African can't be xenophobic but when a whole zulu king support it with hatred speech and the son of the president support it then we can say xenophobia is as much a policy now as apartheid was in the 90s.
He isn't denying anitin..its jst simple concept..when U̶̲̥̅̊ illegal in a country,d country dnt tend to recognize you..so re U̶̲̥̅̊ nw gonna blame d govt if sumtin bad happens to U̶̲̥̅̊ or ƱR illegal self?...we all know Nigerians hate the law.its fun when its broken to dem hence de re ready to face d consequences..if U̶̲̥̅̊ re in SA legally, ΐτ̅ means U̶̲̥̅̊ hv been recognized as well as registered by the government A̶̲̥̅̊N̶̲̥̅̊D̶̲̥̅̊ dt cums wit lots f protection...moreover,we Nigerians do kill ourselves on a daily basis ranging from politics to property...so xenophobia or not,leave OP cy he clearly stated evrytin he knws A̶̲̥̅̊N̶̲̥̅̊D̶̲̥̅̊ nt wt U̶̲̥̅̊ need to hear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 16, 2015
Ruttashobolwa:

Most of South Africa Jobless are killer. Now i wish they go back to apartheid policy

Same here cool
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by nosike3(m): 10:37am On Apr 16, 2015
ElekeNtioba:
It appears u want to whitewash the actions of prejudiced S'Africans. Fact still remains dat a gud number of black s'africans are lazy and lack initiative. They believe that the only way to secure jobs and opportunities is by intimidating black foreigners out of the country.

And I dont think u speak for those who have less opportunties as u do.
same thing with yoruba people who threaten hard working igbos running their businesses in the best way they can..

6 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by NosoChic: 10:37am On Apr 16, 2015
There is no reason good enough to take laws into your hands and kill other human beings.

However, my take on this is pretty different. The same way expatriates are kidnapped in the Niger Delta region in Nigeria. People fail to realise that the good of every nation should first benefit it's citizens before foreigners.

Many Asians are coming into Nigeria to take jobs that many Nigerians are qualified to handle. They also go further to demean and insult the locals that work there. Just work in companies like Huawei and you will be startled.

Very soon if the government chooses not to listen to the plea of the masses in Nigeria- the subtle resentment brewing in many Nigerians will be expressed in very inhumane forms.

It can be easy to judge SANs but right in our Nigeria there is a subtle resentment to some other races.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by proudlyhandsome: 10:37am On Apr 16, 2015
redcliff:
I am glad you said this is your point of view. However, i was about to make some statements about it until i started reading the later end of your story which also confirmed the class at which you are telling the story from. You can say all these thing but the truth be told that these attacked were specigically targeted at black forigners and Nigeria as we all know would make its larger percentage.

In as much as this is your truth, i do not doubt it. Lets go a little lower to people who do not have the oppirtunity of having white collar jobs and going to school. The hustlers and the street roamers, the below average foreigners. They are the ones directly affected by this. Until we hear their own part of the story, then and only then can we conclude that SAcans are not xenophobic as the world think they are.

Then these street roamers(as you called them) should come back home instead of putting themselves in vulnerable position. No country in the world wants scoundrels on their streets anyway.

What is their purpose of being in South africa in the first place? To make money I presumed.

However, if things didn't go as planned, let them come back home, otherwise they would constitute public nuisance.

Has any one in UK/US see our brothers washing/valeting cars at these superstores like ASDA/TESCO/SAINSBURY,TARGET, WAL MART ? Chaiii!!! You ll cry ooooo. I cried for real when I saw them in the horrible weather like freezer, washing cars. They didn't know the reason why I was chatting them up. The funny thing is that these guys would refuse to do this back home and I strongly believed that these guys could do better than that in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Truckpusher(m): 10:38am On Apr 16, 2015
THE BLACK MAN IS HIS OWN WORST ENEMY.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / See The Chinese Bullet Trains That Can Travel Betw. Lagos & Abuja & Back In 5hrs / Pictures Of Rock With Human Face In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.