Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (77613 Views)

Drone View Of Owerri (Photos) / Checkout The Aerial View Of Lagos Island During The Day And Night (photos) / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by wildikeman(m): 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
Justfollowit:

I have had a change of heart following Madcow1's post cry
nope can't find him and don't know him. Want d Orijin or not?
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Mikycruz(m): 12:09am On Apr 19, 2015
south Africans should not forget that Nigeria played a major role in the freedom they r enjoying today.... y killing ur neighbouring countries that will come to ur rescue at d time of difficulty,... u pple should be careful because intense of violence u pple dey learn where Nigerians dey.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by momoyama: 1:24am On Apr 19, 2015
peddy007:
not xenophobic? www.nairaland.com/2263870/graphic-photo-foreigners-child-attacked now they are attacking innocent children and the useless op is still bias smh.

You find xenophobic and intolerant people in every country on earth, SA being no exception. But on the whole, I found the country to be extremely welcoming of foreigners, at least of foreign tourists.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by BOWOTO(m): 11:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
To be honest, the Safans on this thread sound xenophobic. what they dont know is that this xenophobic attacks will do theM more harm than good. God is indeed merciful.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
lekpalicious:
Actually the whites prefer us to ya"ll because you are lazy. The whites and coloureds are far less 'racists' then the blacks from my experience. Even with the comments on the articles the non-blacks have been the ones mostly condemning the attacks
Oh really? Whites, coloureds far less racists? Lol, you clearly don't know South África, do you?
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
PunkyOh:

Lol, no they don't prefer you over us, because if granted a wish, they'd kick all of you out. You do not know South African whites like we know them, so don't even go there. The only reason they prefer foreigners over the locals is because of cheap labour & the fact that they can get away with treating them like trash. You think racists can reform overnight? Impossible. Plus white people are fond of playing mind games, if they told you you're better than South African blacks, it's probably a divide & conquer tactic, it works every time. Don't feel special. Ha!
I echo these sentiments
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by merricherios(f): 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
thank you sir!
ooshinibos:

Thank you for the enlightenment, I never knew that the Ghanaian government did the same deportation process as well before the Ghana must go era ,anyway , two wrongs don't make a right ..we are both guilty and it should not happen again
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by ololo12: 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2015
Hey bro I realized you sent me an email. That email address is no more in use. However, you can drop me a message here

madejibo:

You said if I say this in Durban, nigerians will beat me to death, if this happen how will this be different fron Xenophobic attacks
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by sostoz(m): 10:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
jeah op is correct there is mixed feelings about em my mother sits and watch afrika magic after her house choes nigerian music is now played on our Metro fm ( biggest commercial radio show) .

i do not understand y u think the worst of us infact i think the problem is complex but only poor sa who are insecure.

if u chase DSTV and mtn we might never hear znd watch ur movies and music.

U have already recalled ur diplomats, Goodluck was unfair coz there is no nigerian citizen who Died during those unfortunate attacks.

It hurts when i c woman and children from foregn countries crying and explaining y they in SA.

nigerians are educated and skilled enough to possitively influence progressive and constructive change instead of negatively criticising SA blacks who in majourity are not xenophobic.

i blame my Prezident Zuma for being a bad leader and promoting tribalism in SA. Zuma is zulu he used his majourity tribe ( zulu) for presidency now we have this bad name on written on our forehead XENOPHOBIC.

in honest truth, im convinced as a Xhosa man that our leadership style is far good than the current one.

all im trying to say is that Xenophobia is product of Zulus. they proving to the world they powerfull but stupid and illitate tribalist.

I am against xenophobia!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by seppuku: 11:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
sostoz:
jeah op is correct there is mixed feelings about em my mother sits and watch afrika magic after her house choes nigerian music is now played on our Metro fm ( biggest commercial radio show) .
i do not understand y u think the worst of us infact i think the problem is complex but only poor sa who are insecure.
U have already recalled ur diplomats, Goodluck was unfair coz there is no nigerian citizen who Died during those unfortunate attacks.
It hurts when i c woman and children from foregn countries crying and explaining y they in SA.
nigerians are educated and skilled enough to possitively influence progressive and constructive change instead of negatively criticising SA blacks who in majourity are not xenophobic.
i blame my Prezident Zuma for being a bad leader and promoting tribalism in SA. Zuma is zulu he used his majourity tribe ( zulu) for presidency now we have this bad name on written on our forehead XENOPHOBIC.
in honest truth, im convinced as a Xhosa man that our leadership style is far good than the current one.
all im trying to say is that Xenophobia is product of Zulus. they proving to the world they powerfull but stupid and illitate tribalist.
I am against xenophobia!

I agree 100%
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by TonySpike: 5:12am On Apr 29, 2015
sostoz:

I am against xenophobia!

Like I said earlier, I believe South Africans should step up their game and vote out bad government, irrespective of their tribal affiliations. I'll tell you something, if something isn't done about the government in SA within the next five years, it'll become worse than some African countries. Corruption is on the rise, crime is on the rise, and even, nepotism is on the rise. To cap it up, your currency is plunging alarmingly. South Africans, wake up and take your country from poor leadership!
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by shilling(f): 8:55am On Apr 29, 2015
jeffizy:
Better watch your back and stop being the apologist.

This is brilliant. The OP sounds like those ridiculous blacks in the US that deny racism exists.

I lived in Botswana for 4 years, enough time to know that Southern Africans can be very lazy and rely on undocumented immigrants to do the jobs that they're not interested in. Then they complain that jobs are being stolen from them.

Xenophobia is classed and raced. I was in Botswana as a young teenager and my classmates, bus (combi) drivers, etc often made xenophobic comments. That's where the class aspect comes into play. As the child of working professionals, the xenophobia I experienced was never violent. Uncomfortable but not violent.

When youre of a lower income status, and your life is worth less, xenophobia can be violent. It's classed (and raced) because where are the attacks on the white foreigners?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
The definition of South Africa is xenophobia. Both of them are inseparable. angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Oh really? Whites, coloureds far less racists? Lol, you clearly don't know South África, do you?
That is really correct. I have never seen white attacks on foreigners or African migrants like the xenophobic Zulus do. F**kers! Ptui!
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by lawani: 10:37am On Nov 20, 2015
RSA has a similar GDP with Nigeria of more than 3 times the population, so with a good government and social security system modelled after that of Europe, such riots would not have happened. Such riots do not happen in Europe because locals know all workers including foreigners are working for them by paying into social security.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Ugosample(m): 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2016
seppuku:

In the long run his country will be the better for it
Zimbabwe is going NOWHERE. It will only get worse..

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / See The Chinese Bullet Trains That Can Travel Betw. Lagos & Abuja & Back In 5hrs / Pictures Of Rock With Human Face In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.