Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (77612 Views)

Drone View Of Owerri (Photos) / Checkout The Aerial View Of Lagos Island During The Day And Night (photos) / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 17, 2015
seppuku:

I really hate ignorant comments. So the isolation was so bad that you forgot what continent you are on.

PS , You call yourself South "Africans" yet you don't want to identify with Africans

Ridiculous I tell you

Blame it on Bantu education!

Mtsweeeeew! Your evacuation flights are on the way, do the needful. Leave the Xenophobes alone. I really don't even think we need to justify anything. Just go home and lockout all million South African businesses in Nigeria then we will see who's education is really to blame.

The only thing you people keep on doing is to yap yap yap yap much, no action. All these lamentations because you don't want to go home?

Its truly a shame, isn't it.?

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 17, 2015
seppuku:

In the long run his country will be the better for it

Well, who knows maybe even ours will better for this.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by haul: 8:44am On Apr 17, 2015
PunkyOh:

When you're oppressed, every part of you becomes oppressed, including your mind. Hence there's even a term, mental slavery. I don't expect you to get it & I don't care to explain it any further because it just is what it is. Hearing about Africa, a word, is very different from interacting with "Africa", the people. So yuuuuup, it is a new experience.

Oh & yeah, we did fight whites. Too many uprisings in South Africa where we fought back with whatever we could lay our hands on. The only advantage the whites had on us was guns etc. We weren't armed.

Look at it this way-an ARMED robber can enter a bank & make everyone sit their asses down & do his bidding because he has what, a gun. You can't argue much against a bullet no matter how brave you are, we did though. Several times, in fact. As children in Apartheid South Africa, we knew when to be children & when to be militants. Everybody fought back. As young as 5, we used to throw bricks & stones at the sight of military police cars. Some of you people fought for us with your mouths, while we fought for real, physically so. ..
oh! Spare me the bullsh1t, we fought with our mouth? Now I'm convinced southafricans are lazy(not being stereotypical), I mean your historians were so lazy they didn't impact education into your thick skull,I won't school you on this,when US/Uk said they will fight boko haram did they send ground troops? Hell nO! They were helping with strategy,awareness etc. Now you just sounding like a left out nagging lady. You guys need archaeologist to dig out your lost history cause its evident enough that most of you call yourself southafricans but don't understand why africans was added to your name,when you so oppressed your mind so oppressed Like wtf! So every black nation should keeping lingering on what white did to their ancestor hence killing the neo_white in africa today,is that what you mean?ooo God! You so much of a pain than I think.

You people should stop being paranoid at everyone because of your history! Every nation have got a history but moved over! Don't you know financial support is the backbone of any war,terror been fought? Kai! You guys in SA maybe be learned but certainly the distance between you and educated is as wide as the gap between A and Z.

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 17, 2015
Yhoo sana, the moderator here will ban us to oblivion. I didn't even check this was on Travel section. I just served a ban still not sure what for. Let me leave here now. The guy is not smiling. embarassed
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by justwise(m): 8:50am On Apr 17, 2015
@BluIvy & PunkyOh

I'm trying to be fair to everybody in moderating this thread but please don't use this thread to justify or give excuses for the barbaric killings of foreign nationals in SA.

There is no justification, there is no excuse good enough to explain the killings.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by ooshinibos: 8:51am On Apr 17, 2015
rinora:

Ghana started it first with the alien compliance order in 1969 then Nigeria retaliated ,you can check it up on the internet

fair point .....
I was not aware of this , we learn everyday

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 17, 2015
justwise:
@BluIvy & PunkyOh

I'm trying to be fair to everybody in moderating this thread but please don't use this thread to justify or give excuses for the barbaric killings of foreign nationals in SA.

There is no justification, there is no excuse good enough to explain the killings.

Ok sir, Are you talking to us now as a moderator or a commentator? What I am trying to get is whether that was an instruction or a point for discussion? embarassed
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by PunkyOh(f): 8:54am On Apr 17, 2015
haul:
oh! Spare me the bullsh1t, we fought with our mouth? Now I'm convinced southafricans are lazy(not being stereotypical), I mean your historians were so lazy they didn't impact education into your thick skull,I won't school you on this,when US/Uk said they will fight boko haram did they send ground troops? Hell nO! They were helping with strategy,awareness etc. Now you just sounding like a left out nagging lady. You guys need archaeologist to dig out your lost history cause its evident enough that most of you call yourself southafricans but don't understand why africans was added to your name,when you so oppressed your mind so oppressed Like wtf! So every black nation should keeping lingering on what white did to their ancestor hence killing the neo_white in africa today,is that what you mean?ooo God! You so much of a pain than I think.

You people should stop being paranoid at everyone because of your history! Every nation have got a history but moved over! Don't you know financial support is the backbone of any war,terror been fought? Kai! You guys in SA maybe be learned but certainly the distance between you and educated is as wide as the gap between A and Z.

You just don't get it, do you? South Africa's own struggle is still very fresh & many still have emotional scars because we just got free recently. So you can't expect us to function as people who got freed decades or hundreds of years ago. We will get there WHEN we get there & NO, we're NOT going to snap out of it just because you want us to. No, Sir!

Don't care about the rest of your post & I'm done trying to make you understand how we operate. Think whatever you want to think, I couldn't care less to be frank.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by justwise(m): 8:56am On Apr 17, 2015
BluIvy:

Ok sir, Are you talking to us now as a moderator or a commentator? What I am trying to get is whether that was an instruction or a point for discussion? embarassed

Both.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 17, 2015
PunkyOh:

You just don't get it, do you? South Africa's own struggle is still very fresh & many still have emotional scars because we just got free recently. So you can't expect us to function as people who got freed decades or hundreds of years ago. We will get there WHEN we get there & NO, we're NOT going to snap out of it just because you want us to. No, Sir!

Don't care about the rest of your post & I'm done trying to make you understand how we operate. Think whatever you want to think, I couldn't care less to be frank.

Oh! Punky babe do not even try to make sense, it doesn't exist on the platform. We do not have to explain ourselves to people who are narcissts by nature. You will never win. Just go where they want you to go. Period.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by PunkyOh(f): 9:01am On Apr 17, 2015
justwise:
@BluIvy & PunkyOh

Excuse me? Where did you see me condoning the killing of foreign nationals? Matter of fact, in my reply to Mikron, I clearly stated that I am against these Xenophobic attacks.

What is it that you want me to say instead? Apologise & say how ashamed I am of being South African? NO.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 17, 2015
justwise:

Both.

Great! But then if you really do not want to be bias, you would realise that there is no where in this thread or any other thread that we had justified or even supported the attacks. The only thing we are doing is pushing back on the insults metted on us, as a whole and not the criminals that are using a poor excuse to attack others.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by justwise(m): 9:07am On Apr 17, 2015
PunkyOh:

I do the same thing sometimes because the kak gets too much. As if there would still be foreigners living in South Africa if all South Africans were Xenophobic. South Africans can be really crazy & when they stand up against something, die poppe sal dans. We ain't afraid to kill or be killed when we're fed up. We come guns blazing & won't back down. Ever.

That is not comment from somebody who is condemning the killing^^

PunkyOh:

Excuse me? Where did you see me condoning the killing of foreign nationals? Matter of fact, in my reply to Mikron, I clearly stated that I am against these Xenophobic attacks.
What is it that you want me to say instead? Apologise & say how ashamed I am of being South African? NO.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by PunkyOh(f): 9:08am On Apr 17, 2015
BluIvy:
Yhoo sana, the moderator here will ban us to oblivion. I didn't even check this was on Travel section. I just served a ban still not sure what for. Let me leave here now. The guy is not smiling. embarassed

LOL, I don't care for a ban though. I'll simply reincarnate cheesy
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by PunkyOh(f): 9:10am On Apr 17, 2015
BluIvy:

Oh! Punky babe do not even try to make sense, it doesn't exist on the platform. We do not have to explain ourselves to people who are narcissts by nature. You will never win. Just go where they want you to go. Period.

*nods*
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by justwise(m): 9:12am On Apr 17, 2015
PunkyOh:

No worries...we will see how that ponds out.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by PunkyOh(f): 9:13am On Apr 17, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

If that's what you got from that sentence then that's your own problem.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by PunkyOh(f): 9:14am On Apr 17, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

No worries...we will see how that ponds out.

Ok
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 17, 2015
PunkyOh:

cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 17, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

But this was a response to a threat of a full blown war against South Africans. embarassed
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 17, 2015
PunkyOh:

Ok

Uselapha? cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by PunkyOh(f): 9:25am On Apr 17, 2015
BluIvy:

Uselapha? cheesy cheesy grin

LOL, ndinenkani mna. Once ndaqala, ndiyaqhubeka until the roosters start crowing tongue
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by chukzzy1(m): 9:37am On Apr 17, 2015
iamord:
u are in dire need of a hot slap.. 61 billion from where You should be careful of the junk you allow into your head.. smh!
do your research before you jump into my mentions and don't you ever quote me....EVER
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by adahgold(m): 9:56am On Apr 17, 2015
lekpalicious:
Yes they hate Nigerians but they hate all foreigners in general

I blame our government and our artist....
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by paniki(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2015
morpheus24:
**OFF TOPIC***

Where is Paniki??

Dude has avoided these topics like the plague!!

I know he hiding somewhere in the cut

I've avoided repeating myself. Why not dig old threads to see my views?
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by 2rez: 11:12am On Apr 17, 2015
Hmmn! S to tha A, the african country that derivez pleasure in discrimination due to some anomalies suffered from. From the benefit of hind sight, itz so so lay baring dat aartheid never left, rather, jux went on a low key, now we got it back on track in a new dimension pluz with different playaz tho'. @ Op, go search up google for APARTHEID and fix tha correlation with tha ongoin xenophobic chaos in SA. So mothafucka, u aint sappose come up here to spill ill gotten sh*t goadin' post. LION IN THA SHEEP'Z SKIN datz SA Mr.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by iamord(m): 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2015
V0lv0:
lol there is no such thing as free education to foreigners. [b] Foreigners are not allowed to study certain courses like medicine in SA, bursaries are mostly for the locals and no foreigner can get it.[b] Sometimes if the person is extremely intelligent then here and there he/she will be lucky. They pay about 2-3 times more tuition fees than the locals and it all must be paid upfront.
surprised to hear this.
Re: Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA by morpheus24: 3:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
paniki:

I've avoided repeating myself. Why not dig old threads to see my views?

I knew you was always laying in the cut!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / See The Chinese Bullet Trains That Can Travel Betw. Lagos & Abuja & Back In 5hrs / Pictures Of Rock With Human Face In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.