Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa (53817 Views)

IIhan Omar Sworn-In In USA As First Female Muslim Lawmaker (Photos) / President Al Bashir “escapes” From South Africa / Nigeria To Start Evacuating Citizens From South Africa On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by tsdarkside(m): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
They shouldn't worry, Bokoharam is coming to the rescue. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2259946/boko-haram-gives-south-africa

hehehe...send them bokoharam...hahahaha. grin grin grin
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by morpheus24: 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
osystein:

Compared to the 2008 violence, do you think the situation is worse or as bad?

I was there in 2008. In comparison 2008 was much worse. The government sent in police much quicker this time
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by morpheus24: 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
donnypool:

A typical southern Nigerian? you are on ugly soul. The idiots perpetuating all crimes abroad are either Ibo, or Yoruba people. Even the Hausa's are well behaved than your guys.

Diverting away form the issue and trying to make this tribal.

Reverse psychology in play.

In Nigeria we have Kalabari, Akwa Ibom, Efik, Ibbira, Edo, Benin, Berom, Ibo, Ijaw and the likes. NO be only Hausa dey here!
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
ollah1:
This can't happen. They South Africans woud lose.

Bye bye to

Mtn
Multi choice
Shop rite

Add yours
Pep
chicken republic
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by smilyice(m): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
I just hope the govn. Don't Neglect them after Evacuation.... Well to me, Life is precious
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by henryubani(m): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
That's why the whites call us monkeys, imagine south Africa, so despicable #HGM baby!!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by morpheus24: 4:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
babosky2008:

Pep
chicken republic

Ocean basket!,

Nandos...Oops sorry Nandos don run comot already!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:

Diverting away form the issue and trying to make this tribal.

Reverse psychology in play.

In Nigeria we have Kalabari, Akwa Ibom, Efik, Ibbira, Edo, Benin, Berom, Ibo, Ijaw and the likes. NO be only Hausa dey here!

I'm Okpe from delta state. My point is that, the I.diot said something bad about southern Nigerians, Meanwhile people from the south don't travel much compare to the major ethnic group (especially ibo and yoruba)
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by ThisMeansWAR: 4:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
South Africa - - a country where half of its population are blood thirsty illiterates... Bloody savages

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:
I propose they evacuate all Nigerians out of the country and in retaliation ban all South African multi national companies from operating in Nigeria and revoke all licences

In addition ban all South African artists scheduled to perform any where in Africa and all SA workers and send them back home to SA

BOycott all South African products.

BOYCOTT SAA airlines

BOY COTT Shoprite

All other affected African countries should follow suite.

In the words of my guy 9ice_ LEts go there!

That is the way to go! But I am afraid you guys are just all talk but no action. lipsrsealed
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by ugojamali(m): 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
donnypool:

A typical southern Nigerian? you are on ugly soul. The idiots perpetuating all crimes abroad are either Ibo, or Yoruba people. Even the Hausa's are well behaved than your guys.

The above statement does not call for tribal bashing. Cos it was not a tribal statement. Please refrain from making tribalistic statements aimed at me cos I do not engage in tribal sentiments.

In case you did not understand what I meant let me carefully explain to you.

I used the phrase a typical southern Nigerian. Why? Because hardly would you see northerners traveling abroad seeking greener pastures. Most people that travel out are from southern Nigeria. I really believe that you're intelligent enough to understand that. If you don't, please read my post again. But after reading it, you still don't understand it then it's not your fault... Some heads are made of block.
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
henryubani:
That's why the whites call us monkeys, imagine south Africa, so despicable #HGM baby!!

Things like this happen everywhere. stop acting like a female butthole
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by caprini1: 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
I just called a Lady friend of mine in SA ,and she confirmed this ,saying its horrible and that she's been indoors for days ,and also she can't wear most of her Nigerian clothes anymore,not to be mistaken for a Nigerian...Also ,that some south Africans married to Nigerians were seriously wounded.
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:

They need to evacuate you back to your fatherland as well

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by morpheus24: 4:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
BluIvy:

That is the way to go! But I am afraid you guys are just all talk but no action. lipsrsealed

Tell them to repatriate you back as well, The road to Botswana no far at all. Make sure you use your Botswana passport as well.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
ugojamali:

The above statement does not call for tribal bashing. Cos it was not a tribal statement. Please refrain from making tribalistic statements aimed at me cos I do not engage in tribal sentiments.

In case you did not understand what I meant let me carefully explain to you.

I used the phrase a typical southern Nigerian. Why? Because hardly would you see northerners traveling abroad seeking greener pastures. Most people that travel out are from southern Nigeria. I really believe that you're intelligent enough to understand that. If you don't, please read my post again. But after reading it, you still don't understand it then it's not your fault... Some heads are made of block.

Its either you say "A typical Nigerian" or a typical "Eastern and western Nigerians"
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by formular123triol(m): 4:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
Why are they scared of us or have we now become kleptomanic to them.I think their problem is thanatophobia!
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by KingTom(m): 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
chymystique:
That's a very good step and what FG should do but am wondering if most Nigerians in SA are willing to Come baCk home??
For those coming back, What adequate provisions and welfare package does the FG have for them here in Nigeria?... Its not Just evacuating them to naija and leaving them stranded with nothing doing here...
I have been observing you, ever since GEJ lost you seem to have found a new lease of life, you give great advice these days, you make a lot of you sense. Kudos grin grin grin
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Paschal55(m): 4:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
Nice move by D FG...but it would b beta if u have provisions for them...
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by ugojamali(m): 4:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
donnypool:

Its either you say "A typical Nigerian" or a typical "Eastern and western Nigerians"

Again I do not engage in ethnic divide. Nigeria is divided into the north and south first before further divisions. Southern Nigerians are made up of many tribes. And predominantly these tribes are the ones who go to live in foreign countries. Northerners are the only people in Nigeria who hardly go to live in foreign countries. Please do not draw me into any ethnic divide. I really have no time for that.

If you can't understand my simple statement then you should move on and read the ones that you can understand.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
These SA need to know Nigeria was instrumental to their freedom during the apathied. The way they even treat us in our own soil is another. Just imagine adding 1k to my usual Dstv subscription; They've seen that Nigerians will not protest nor attack them.
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
iterator24:
MTN alone made \$2.4 billion USD in Nigeria in 2014.. now this is just MTN. .. rand, and JSE will cry should Nigerians react

You guys are just joker. Who cares about what SA economy will be like? Your minister is offering to evacuate Nigerians and instead of giving here support you are busy counting the JSE's losses? Are you guys serious? You are just blabar mouths. Are you now the finance minister of SA, unless you are being hypocritical. undecided
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by corpROYAL(m): 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
geedeex2:
This xenophobic attack continue to fester and I gathered from friends over there that the government of south Africa is afraid to fight it's citizens for fear of loosing votes. They were once slaves but forgot in such a hurry. They have suddenly lost their senses and affableness ,the derring-do of other African countries during the time of apartheid, subjecting them to this malarkey act. "Murder" is unjustifiable, killing fellow Africans with temerity is highly barbaric, inhumane sickening and untenable .I pray there are no reprisal for this susceptible dastard act.Racism is a joke compared to this .

xenophobia is a misnomer in this context.

What are Nigerians still doing in south Africa? It's not worse off back home.

l guess you should be a writer. Good write up though..

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
ugojamali:

Again I do not engage in ethnic divide. Nigeria is divided into the north and south first before further divisions. Southern Nigerians are made up of many tribes. And predominantly these tribes are the ones who go to live in foreign countries. Northerners are the only people in Nigeria who hardly go to live in foreign countries. Please do not draw me into any ethnic divide. I really have no time for that.

If you can't understand my simple statement then you should move on and read the ones that you can understand.

Nigeria is North, South, West, East.
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by ugojamali(m): 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
donnypool:

Nigeria is North, South, West, East.

K
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by persius555(m): 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
As foreign financial support from australia, UK, america continues to dwindle, the south african economy now depends a lot more than before for foreign exchange repatriated by its franchise companies in other african countries like kenya, nigeria, ethiopia, ghana, congo etc. On the otherhand, the south african local manufacturing and service economy is 90 percent dominated by its local firms. If the rest of africa decides to pull the plug, the south african economy would be worse off for it. Africa needs africans for growth. These attacks are a disgrace to the entire global black race. Very unafrican.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by morpheus24: 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
persius555:
As foreign financial support from australia, UK, america continues to dwindle, the south african economy now depends a lot more than before for foreign exchange repatriated by its franchise companies in other african countries like kenya, nigeria, ethiopia, ghana, congo etc. On the otherhand, the south african local manufacturing and service economy is 90 percent dominated by its local firms. If the rest of africa decides to pull the plug, the south african economy would be worse off for it. Africa needs africans for growth. These attacks are a disgrace to the entire global black race. Very unafrican.

Please let them isolate themselves like they did under their Apatheid government. Its just history repeating itself again.

Apatheid.....ANC.....Apatheid......ANC.

Can't tell the difference these days.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by dejavuh0007(m): 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
Some Nigerians sef? I wonder what dey r finding in a hell hole like SA?
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
South Africa - - a country where half of its population are blood thirsty illiterates... Bloody savages

True dat! Now evacuate Nigerians from the land of the vampires & blind bats. Or you just get an orgassssm by just insulting SA? Here is an opportunity to do good by your country men, NO!!!! Instead lets insult the SA?

NICE ONE!
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by morpheus24: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
BluIvy:

True dat! Now evacuate Nigerians from the land of the vampires & blind bats. Or you just get an orgassssm by just insulting SA? Here is an opportunity to do good towards our country men, NO!!!! Instead lets insult the SA?
NICE ONE!

Wena. you are outnumbered here.
Re: Xenophobia: Lawmaker Calls For Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
morpheus24:

Tell them to repatriate you back as well, The road to Botswana no far at all. Make sure you use your Botswana passport as well.

Are reflecting from the topic?Until Botswana makes a evacuation of Batswana, lets stick to the evacuation of Nigerians for now.

Why do I sense anger in you about this evacuation? I thought it would be welcomed? Or am I wrong?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? / Eritrea Government Made Polygamy Mandatory: Eritrea Trending On Twitter / Trump Again Denied Knowing Parnas. So Parnas' Lawyer Posted More Robust Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.