Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks (48411 Views)

South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man / 120 South African Companies In Nigeria Risk Attacks / Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by dharmie092: 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
@post d ngrian govt has no right 2 just close foreign biznesses in ngr.it could discourage other foreign investors from making a foray into d country.is mtn,shoprite or multichoice a sponsor of d xenophobic attacks in deir countries of origin??how can they be held responsible 4 d actions of deir illiterate countrymen?? [/quote].
So wat do u think should be done?
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Halimi24: 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
Naughtysite:

So there is no POLICE and ARMY in south Africa to quell the excesses of their mad men ?

If the SA govt wants to treat their.mad.men with kids gloves, then the whole world should rise and ostrasize the SA government till they do the right thing.

Stop reasoning like a toddler.
havent u been watching d news&seeing how d south african police have been quelling d violence&protecting foreign biznesses??stop being emotional.if south african biznesses are shut down in ngr its ngrians dat will suffer cos many will lose deir jobs.stop talking like ur brain is made of akamu.comot 4 road jor

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by pinkycute(f): 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
An associate Professor at Wits’ school of Economic and Business Sciences, Chris William Callaghan, said xenophobia is sending a message that the world should stop investing in South Africa.......

*Second*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
tollytexy:
Abi naw!! My flight leaves tonight sef. Fuckkkk dis stupiddd southy country
Safe Journey bros. Please let us know when you touch down. Take care.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by freshcvv(m): 5:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
sauceny:
Thousands of Nigerians feed their family through MTN....So,the government should look for another means of tackling the situation,rather than retaliating with "An eye for an eye"

Another means like?
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by deeLima86(m): 5:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
I feel so sad for our fellow Nigerians and Africans been subjected to all these inhuman act.
I can't really fathom how blacks will start hating on blacks. It's a shame and I don't think shutting SA companies and reprisal attack is the answer.
The world is watching the next action of the south african government.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by ibawon(m): 5:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
You guys saw how DSTV Defied the court ruling and incresed thier fees and how MTN Swindle us with their charges. But these people employ Nigerians. Please we have to think these very well

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Remii(m): 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
Even if the following was said to be a hoax, are these animals of Kwazu Natal not confirming it? smh
PW Botha - Hoax 1985 speech

A hoax email is doing the round purporting that the following was a speech by PW Botha.
THE FOLLOWING is a speech made by former South African President P.W. Botha to his Cabinet. This reprint was written by David G. Mailu for the Sunday Times, a South African newspaper, dated August 18, 1985.

"Pretoria has been made by the White mind for the White man. We are not obliged even the least to try to prove to anybody and to the Blacks that we are superior people. We have demonstrated that to the Blacks in a thousand and one ways. The Republic of South Africa that we know of today has not been created by wishful thinking. We have created it at the expense of intelligence, sweat and blood. Were they Afrikaners who tried to eliminate the Australian Aborigines? Are they Afrikaners who discriminate against Blacks and call them Nigge*rs in the States? Were they Afrikaners who started the slave trade? Where is the Black man appreciated? England discriminates against its Black and their "Sus" law is out to discipline the Blacks. Canada, France, Russia, and Japan all play their discrimination too. Why in the hell then is so much noise made about us? Why are they biased against us? I am simply trying to prove to you all that there is nothing unusual we are doing that the so called civilized worlds are not doing. We are simply an honest people who have come out aloud with a clear philosophy of how we want to live our own White life.

We do not pretend like other Whites that we like Blacks. The fact that, Blacks look like human beings and act like human beings do not necessarily make them sensible human beings. Hedgehogs are not porcupines and lizards are not crocodiles simply because they look alike. If God wanted us to be equal to the Blacks, he would have created> us all of a uniform colour and intellect. But he created us differently: Whites, Blacks, Yellow, Rulers and the ruled. Intellectually, we are superior to the Blacks; that has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt over the years. I believe that the Afrikaner is an honest, God fearing person, who has demonstrated practically the right way of being. Nevertheless, it is comforting to know that behind the scenes, Europe, America, Canada, Australia-and all others are behind us in spite of what they say. For diplomatic relations, we all know what language should be used and where. To prove my point, Comrades, does anyone of you know a White country without an investment or interest in South Africa? Who buys our gold? Who buys our diamonds? Who trades with us? Who is helping us develop other nuclear weapon? The very truth is that we are their people and they are our people. It's a big secret. The strength of our economy is backed by America, Britain, Germany. It is our strong conviction, therefore, that the Black is the raw material for the White man. So Brothers and Sisters, let us join hands together to fight against this Black devil. I appeal to all Afrikaners to come out with any creative means of fighting this war. Surely God cannot forsake his own people whom we are. By now every one of us has seen it practically that the Blacks cannot rule themselves. Give them guns and they will kill each other. They are good in nothing else but making noise, dancing, marrying many wives and indulging in sex. Let us all accept that the Black man is the symbol of poverty, mental inferiority, laziness and emotional incompetence. Isn't it plausible? therefore that the White man is created to rule the Black man? Come to think of what would happen one day if you woke up and on the throne sat a Kaff*ir! Can you imagine what would happen to our women? Does anyone of you believe that the Blacks can rule this country?

Hence, we have good reasons to let them all-the Mandelas-rot in prison, and I think we should be commended for having kept them alive in spite of what we have at hand with which to finish them off. I wish to announce a number of new strategies that should be put to use to destroy this Black bug. We should now make use of the chemical weapon. Priority number one, we should not by all means allow any more increases of the Black population lest we be choked very soon. I have exciting news that our scientists have come with an efficient stuff. I am sending out more
researchers to the field to identify as many venues as possible where the chemical weapons could be employed to combat any further population increases. The hospital is a very strategic opening, for example and should be fully utilized. The food supply channel should be used. We have eveloped excellent slow killing poisons and fertility destroyers. Our only fear is in case such stuff came in! ! to their hands as they are bound to start using it against us if you care to think of the many Blacks working for us in our

However, we are doing the best we can to make sure that the stuff remains strictly in our hands. Secondly, most Blacks are vulnerable to money inducements. I have set aside a special fund to exploit this venue. The old trick of divide and rule is still very valid today. Our experts should work day and night to set the Black man against his fellowman. His inferior sense of morals can be exploited beautifully. And here is a creature that lacks foresight. There is a need for us to combat him in long term projections that he cannot suspect. The average Black does not plan his life beyond a year: that stance, for example,should be exploited. My special department is already working round the clock to come out with a long-term operation blueprint. I am also sending a special request to all Afrikaner mothers to double their birth rate. It may be necessary too to set up a population boom industry by putting up centres where we employ and support fully White young men and women to produce children for the nation. We are also investigating the merit of uterus rentals as a possible means of speeding up the growth of our population through surrogate mothers.

For the time being, we should also engage a higher gear to make sure that Black men are separated from their women and fines imposed upon married wives who bear illegitimate children.

I have a committee working on finding better methods of inciting Blacks against each other and encouraging murders among themselves. Murder cases among Blacks should bear very little punishment in order to encourage them.

My scientists have come up with a drug that could be smuggled into their brews to effect slow poisoning results and fertility destruction. Working through drinks and manufacturing of soft drinks geared to the Blacks, could promote the channels of reducing their population. Ours is not a war that we can use the atomic bomb to destroy the Blacks, so we must use our intelligence to effect this. The person-to-person encounter can be very effective.

As the records show that the Black man is dying to go to bed with the White woman, here is our unique opportunity. Our Sex Mercenary Squad should go out and camouflage with Apartheid Fighters while doing their operations quietly administering slow killing poison and fertility destroyers to those Blacks they thus befriend.

We are modifying the Sex Mercenary Squad by introducing White men who should go for the militant Black woman and any other vulnerable Black woman. We have received a new supply of prostitutes from Europe and America who are desperate and too keen to take up the appointments.

My latest appeal is that the maternity hospital operations should be intensified. We are not paying those people to help bring Black babies to this world but to eliminate them on the very delivery moment. If this department worked very efficiently, a great deal could be achieved.

My Government has set aside a special fund for erecting more covert hospitals and clinics to promote this programme. Money can do anything for you. So while we have it, we should make the best use of it. In the meantime my beloved White citizens, do not take to heart what the world says, and don't be ashamed of being called racists. I do not mind being called the architect and King of Apartheid. I shall not become a monkey simply because someone has called me a monkey. I will still remain your bright star... His Excellency Botha."

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by oyetunder(m): 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
Multichoice is not even a South African Company!! If they want to come to Ngeria from America where the head office is, then let them come directly, not thru SA franchise.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by kings09(m): 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
Na to buy other sim for othr ntwrks n star times,hitv ,consat go sell...dstv its time 2 be deported
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by agboty(m): 5:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
I want DSTV Multichoice to be sent packing from Nigeria.They have actually ripped off many Nigerians.Their claim that Pay per View is not possible is not tenable.They have also increased their tariff despite court order. Can they do this in their home country South Africa? Their customer care line is not toll free and sometimes you will be on it for more than 30 minutes before they accept your call.They are only interested in calling you when you have not paid and they are not ready to improve their services. Shame on DSTV.They should leave Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by godoluwa(m): 5:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
deeLima86:

I feel so sad for our fellow Nigerians and Africans been subjected to all these inhuman act.
I can't really fathom how blacks will start hating on blacks. It's a shame and I don't think shutting SA companies and reprisal attack is the answer.
The world is watching the next action of the south african government.

[/b]
South African government is as useless as her citizens. South African Police iz very much useless. Shutting down & chasing S.A company here in Nigeria will makes S.A government rise to her responsible. SHUT DOWN ALL SOUTH AFRICAN COMPANIES IN NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by taiwoflb: 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
One of the things I like about Middle East countries they don't talk they Do, If it was their citizens that are being killed they would have done same to the citizens of SA
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by cirmuell(m): 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
ghenghen #change.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
what the hell is wrong with this SA pple sef??
moreover their mtn and dstv give exorbitant prices and get a lot from Nigeria.... this is gonna be a detriment to SA and Nigeria in some aspects...
"why are we the enemy of ourselves?"

well if this prevails we'll have to be less dependent and start working to develop our indigenous companies
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Banter1(m): 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
BiHung:
Good idea...

But in other news:

Let us advise GMB to shun the May28 dinner organised by GEJ. #SayNoToOneChance
we need to make this trend on twitter. #SayNoToMay28HandingOver

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Efizzi: 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
It's painful that most of us online would not understand what people are going through there. Just minutes ago I watched a video on Facebook of a female foreigner in SA been beaten to death with stones and blocks to her face while she was naked. What manner of death is that. I think AFrican UNion and ECOWAS need to stand up to this. African Union can start with economic sanctions and all African countries suspending diplomatic ties with SA.
In as much as I dislike the senseless killings of foreigners by SA's , I do not wish South Africans harm both in Naija and any other African country.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
sauceny:
Thousands of Nigerians feed their family through MTN....So,the government should look for another means of tackling the situation,rather than retaliating with "An eye for an eye"
Let them go and feed their families with Glo...
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by knightsTempler: 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nigeria government "wants to" shut down SA businesses. What you guys waiting for? Shut it down already and recall our ambassador from the God forsaking country.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Bollinger(m): 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
Everything is always a knee jerk approach to everything. As if shutting the companies down will not affect us as well.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
Are we still debating whether South Africa needs to face the consequences of the actions? Nigeria should have black listed South Africa the instance this thing happened a few days ago. This is not the first time it is happening, while the South African government looks the other way, after all it takes the heat away from them being able to provide Jobs for their citizens.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Banter1(m): 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
sauceny:
what are you saying dude? What about does ones the south Africans are killing and destroying their business, won't they feed their family too? Common dude!
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by tohero(m): 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
Banter1:
what are you saying dude? What about does ones the south Africans are killing and destroying their business, won't they feed their family too? Common dude!
Cutting the head off is not a solution to headache!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by attoskoly: 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
GIYAZZ:
It's just so heart-breaking though. Why will blacks hate blacks so much? -_-

CC Lalasticlala

i think these baboons should have been to be devoured by apartheid, they dont deserve this freedom.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by InvertedHammer: 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
Mhizkel:
They should find another solution..Shutting down south African businesses here is just gonna cause more harm than good
/
Why are people like you willing to suffer forever instead of taking risks to change the status quo?

You will rather tolerate some unfavorable conditions than taking initiatives to see what's on the other side of the divide.

SMH.
\

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by olalekan225(m): 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2015
I hope you all know that XENOPHOBIA is not just a new vocabulary that they just discovered in SA? it is a matter of genocide.
And what has Mr President done to save our brothers in SA since it started? 'we have not got any record of Nigerians being attacked', that's what they said. are we waiting for them to attack Nigerians before we act?
Our girls are still missing and we are still waiting for our brothers and sisters to be attacked before we act. Haba! Diaris God o.
I know some people will still call this attack a sabotage by the opposition just as we call the missing chibok girls.
Mr President, be proactive for once!
And someone should please remind him that it's not yet May 29, we are still in APRIL.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by guttentag(m): 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
sauceny:

You are a big Fool, I am sure you are one of those barbarian called south African

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Sunday8650: 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
Halimi24:
havent u been watching d news&seeing how d south african police have been quelling d violence&protecting foreign biznesses??stop being emotional.if south african biznesses are shut down in ngr its ngrians dat will suffer cos many will lose deir jobs.stop talking like ur brain is made of akamu.comot 4 road jor
I don't think u have family in SA. I do and I understand everything they are going through. You need to watch your statement. Nigerians are being attacked in masses. You can't even sleep fear of mobbed get to you
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Sunday8650: 5:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
guttentag:

You are a big Fool, I am sure you are one of those barbarian called south African
True talk. Some people will protect their jobs even if it brings the death of another.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by gsainttrinity(m): 5:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
Halimi24:
u are dumb.what is so difficult 2 understand in d post??mumu
@post d ngrian govt has no right 2 just close foreign biznesses in ngr.it could discourage other foreign investors from making a foray into d country.is mtn,shoprite or multichoice a sponsor of d xenophobic attacks in deir countries of origin??how can they be held responsible 4 d actions of deir illiterate countrymen??

Please, tell our illiterate country men and stupid government officials.
Although I believe nigerian government cannot do such a thing its senseless.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Emmyk(m): 5:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
This will affect Nigeria's GDP...since it's not GNP we are using.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by klevjey: 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
sixtus3606:

What is this this one talking sef?

make I type am for pidgin for u??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Dies At 34 / See The Dilapidated Road That Femi Otedola's Forte Oil Rehabilitated In Lekki / Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.