Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks (48407 Views)

South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man / 120 South African Companies In Nigeria Risk Attacks / Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by cecegorz(m): 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
Stupid and rash response!
How does stopping private businesses that employ Nigerians affect SA?
Why not start by sending their High commissioner home?
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by moyin2009: 7:33pm On Apr 17, 2015
A true nigerian must have removed mtn sim from their phone by now or port to other network. if we can not act barbaric like them we should show them the way out of nigeria. lets embrace our own. glo, startimes, etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by macfranklin(m): 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
BiHung:
Good idea...

But in other news:

Let us advise GMB to shun the May28 dinner organised by GEJ. #SayNoToOneChance
Wat is this one sayin??
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by petermichaels(m): 7:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
They want to,they want to,they want to!! Always wanting to! We are alwys last to take action or reasonable measures. Shameful law makers dat we hav.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
sauceny:

And so,stop talking like an illiterate & show me the video,by posting the link over here¿

https://www.nairaland.com/2261784/xenophobia-video-south-african#32824672
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by eschewevil91(f): 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
south africans ar nt descendants of ishmael and dey're this prone to violence. what if that was d case. fatality!
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by piagetskinner(m): 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
First and foremost, that baboon called the zulu king should be arrested!
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by crowther15(m): 8:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
sauceny:
Thousands of Nigerians feed their family through MTN....So,the government should look for another means of tackling the situation,rather than retaliating with "An eye for an eye"
forget that man...... there is awlys opportunity in time of difficulty....... thou this will hamper our economy generally notwithstanding for us to move forward as a nation we need to be in charge of our economy and nt south African control.
remember our citizens have acquired necessary skill needed to be successful in those areas.
they cnt carry their property to Johannesburg nor Pretoria........
their asset will remain here in Nigeria........ i think it's a welcome development
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Mcowubaba: 8:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
bakjal:
MTN and Multichoice r jst companies of some individuals,should Nigeria frustrate dem, millions of Nigerians will suffer d effect.
Think wisely before any action.
Gbam....
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Mcowubaba: 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
Mitsurugi:
This may not sound serious, but I strongly also want to add that Nigerians and other African 'foreigners' should boycott Big Brother Africa for the next five years! In fact any Nigerian that represents the country on that show again is worse that a bas.tard! angry
do u ave a personal problem wit d program...grin
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Akposkool(m): 8:18pm On Apr 17, 2015
sixtus3606:

What is this this one talking sef?

"South Africa has embarked on a downward spiral journey"

"that might lead to the demise of one of Africa's great nations."

Lol...you wan form giramar!!!

DEMISE? Specify which country...Nigeria or South-Africa?? #MuMu
I think his explanation shows the country he is referring to is South Africa. Don't feel too clever when you are a dounce
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by InvertedHammer: 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
Mhizkel:

Swerve abeg
/

See your life...

\
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by chevchenko: 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
SA na yeye country na, when most of its investments are owned by whites, the blacks dere kuku no wan get sense. Their president is watching in 3D as the xenophobic clashes are going on. That's madness, blacks fighting eachother calling themselves foreigners, are they not all africans? Sick people
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
Those sayn shutting down privately own firms of south africans in nigeria won't av any effect should av a rethink. If most of their businesses are shut down, it means millions will that would av been made daily will be lost, this will give the owners the courage to lobby and persuade the southafrican govt to do something about the xenophobic attacks. Also imagine when no country wana av anything to do with SA, their own don b. They will be worse dan a country facing sanctions.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
imbless:
that's the best thing to do
Although I didn't read the whole article.
ahahahahahahahaha....lolll....gotta admit that i didnt either,and hey,for once i luv somethin'bout the apc,not as though they aint no janja.weeders yet... grin
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by devour129: 8:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
It's so funny ! We were just fighting amongst n killing ourselves few days back and these people are helping us kill each other ! Una don see am , they are killing Nigerians (and other Africans ) not Yoruba or Igbo but NIGERIANS .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
Naughtysite:

So there is no POLICE and ARMY in south Africa to quell the excesses of their mad men ?

If the SA govt wants to treat their.mad.men with kids gloves, then the whole world should rise and ostrasize the SA government till they do the right thing.

Stop reasoning like a toddler.

See, I do tell myself, that before I get killed, i would kill 10 people to stay alive. I can't imagine these savage acts going on in SA.

President GEJ told the world that his ambition is not worth one drop of human blood, then for just no reason, these mentally deranged humans are killing fellow humanbeings.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
ziqqz:
What took you so long?

Send them packing and give our own Nigerian companies a chance to expand.

Eject MTN ==> Expand GLO
Eject DSTV ==> Return HiTV (Or encourage a new Nigerian Satellite TV provider)
Eject SHOPRITE ==> Encourage MAMA PUT

To hell with South Africa. I'm just imagining the whites sitting back rubbing their palms and thinking "just look at these black imbe.ciles; now let them kill each other since we were not good enough to kill them!"
my brother I wonder when we Africans will learn to live peacefully with each other.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Princefame1: 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
They have to do it quickly before dis xenophobia of a thing get out of hand.....
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
crowther15:
forget that man...... there is awlys opportunity in time of difficulty....... thou this will hamper our economy generally notwithstanding for us to move forward as a nation we need to be in charge of our economy and nt south African control.
remember our citizens have acquired necessary skill needed to be successful in those areas.
they cnt carry their property to Johannesburg nor Pretoria........
their asset will remain here in Nigeria........ i think it's a welcome development

MTN doesn't have any directly owned project/properties here in Nigeria.... They brilliantly make use of agency leasing it to them,raging from staffz,buses & buildings
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by dyabman(m): 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
GIYAZZ:
It's just so heart-breaking though. Why will blacks hate blacks so much? -_-

CC Lalasticlala

Brothers will rise against each other - The book of Revelations say so..
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by gsainttrinity(m): 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
Sunday8650:

The person you are quoting have people working in mtn. She is just talking on emotions not objective. When NNPC was shutdown did people lose their jobs. The statement here is to close south African businesses here, till the safety of Nigerians are guarantee by SA government. After which MTN and others may resume operations.

This is the statement we are making. Are you losing your job if dstv close for one month so your brothers in South Africa will be given diplomatic attention.

And that would mean I can no longer browse with my MTN line right?
They should stop that rough play..
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
eesy:

my brother I wonder when we Africans will learn to live peacefully with each other.
Never.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by notoriousbabe: 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
Shut down abi make we allow boys to loot them?abeg to loot them go beta pass jo,he get few things wey I dey target for shoprite,if boys ready,make we storm there and loot all their things as dem do our people for their yeye country. South africans,bunch of mother fokn ingrates.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by andyanders: 9:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
I have decided to destroy my MTN sim and hereby subscribe to ask Nigerians to do same, while I ask DSTV to close shop outright and leave Nigeria.

What is happening in South Africa is more than what Adolph Hitler did during his time.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Sunday8650: 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
gsainttrinity:

And that would mean I can no longer browse with my MTN line right?
They should stop that rough play..
Go buy glo sim. There data rate is cheaper than MTN. #bestnetwork

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by jimi4us: 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2015
abeg which one be APC official again?
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Chilug(m): 10:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
sixtus3606:

What is this this one talking sef?

"South Africa has embarked on a downward spiral journey"

"that might lead to the demise of one of Africa's great nations."

Lol...you wan form giramar!!!

DEMISE? Specify which country...Nigeria or South-Africa?? #MuMu
Bros if person annoy u, go nd take it out on d person. Na u d even d choke people here, leave d guy alone.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by hamilton62(m): 10:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
Wanting is a light threat though I suspect maybe because the Nigerian casualties has not increased... South African has just caused more harm than good for themselves and their dear country... Enjoy the ride after this crisis, South Africans
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by gnana16(m): 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
dre11:

We need to let them know that it won't be business as usual
Any attack on our nationality will be seen as an attack on the nation, its people and values and won't spare their business from an rephrasal attack form our people.

They believe they only have the monopoly of violence
Game discount world is one of the south Africa company in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Th / Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Dies At 34 / See The Dilapidated Road That Femi Otedola's Forte Oil Rehabilitated In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.