Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1009) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1236513 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:21pm On May 22, 2020
Topmaike007:
my question is will HBOmax be available in our country if launched

Nope not on launch date or month. But maybe after a while Naija might be added whenever they plan for expansion.

For now I think it's only USA. BUT before end of the year they would have added some European countries. For their SnyderCut debut eventually in 2021, they must have added availability to almost all important countries.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 10:38pm On May 22, 2020
abduleez1:

Nope not on launch date or month. But maybe after a while Naija might be added whenever they plan for expansion.

For now I think it's only USA. BUT before end of the year they would have added some European countries. For their SnyderCut debut eventually in 2021, they must have added availability to almost all important countries.
that means I will still be using my prime video
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:39pm On May 22, 2020
pu7pl3:

Nope, for a character like joker you can't call that "over acting" he wasn't even on par with Heath or Phoenix both who you can also argue that they were "over acting"

On a scale of 10 I'll give him a 7, he tried abeg

I don't know why you peeps are defending Leto but in all honesty his Joker was shit_ pure and unprocessed one. I'll pick the Animated Mark Hamill version over him anyday anytime. angry

He is a good Actor fine, but his Joker Portrayal was hor$eshit_. Irrespective of shit scripting and all that, isn't it the same movie Margot Robbie's Harley starred in? Even overshadowing Will's Deadshot. Then there's Viola Davis (Amanda Waller), they all garnered praise and respect for their Portrayals in the same shit_ movie. Will's was a bit controversial but still turned in decent Performance overall.

I don't know why Leto's defenders always seem to forget this fact.
Eg, look at Joe Manganiello Deathstroke in Josstice League, how many screentime he got? Less than 1 minute and still DC fans scream he's the perfect Deathstroke, from demeanor, mannerism and looks. Up till this day there's some fans who believe he's the best Deathstroke even though Esai Morales is dishing out a better showing.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:55pm On May 22, 2020
Minemrys:

i'll give him 5. God, u need to hear his joker laugh. Or that 'am n0t going to hurt u' scene. He wasn't believable as a psychopath or a deranged lunatic. 0ne of my reas0ns i d0n't want the Ayer cut or to have leto return. There are lots of actorz who could play that role better abeg. Or better still, rewrite the character and have leto play him the right way n0t s0me0ne high on cocaine. Joker is meant to scare and also make u laugh. I didn't get that fr0m leto. I mean, ledger's scene of "am like a dog chasing carz", the way he played it, u would be fearful of him and same time find him funny. That's joker for u.

Exactly how I like my Joker. Scary and funny at the same time.
Most especially that scene where Heath's Joker burnt the money in the vault. Millions!! I was like WTF !! This guy dey craze and still it was amusing how he did it and said it, especially with the effort those guys out in getting that money.

Even insinuating to them they were stupid and weren't thinking big.

I still love his annoying but funny way of smacking his lips. And that crazy walk scene at the hospital after bombing it. I hear it was pure improvisation on his part. It was funny as hell. From there you'll know this guy is scary and amusing at the same time.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 10:56pm On May 22, 2020
nani667:

Yup,

There is actually huge difference... When you dey watch steady 1080p, if you download 720p and watch you will see the difference..very clear.. I tried downloading one episode of Harley Quinn in 720p, jus to see if there will be no difference, about 600MB episode... The thing blurry for my eye, since then I no reason anything less than 1080p again

Only 1080p and 2160p you may not notice the difference, depending on the device you are watching on.. But 1080p is the optimal quality for maximum enjoyment ✔️
2gig my 3 days plan is what I will use to download 45min series if you want to download movie nko? You will use 10gb.. I fear person wey no fear you even Hulk616 self dey fear you
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:02pm On May 22, 2020
nani667:

All we want is Power Girl ❗❗❗❗

Chai.... How you take dey read my mind?? grin

Na wetin I don dey reason since anytime I see her pic. I just dey imagine how that Bobby go be for Live action, chai.

But painfully I no sure say we go ever see am. cry the thing go funny somehow, the meme alone sef ehn go plenty pass Cavill lip and moustache meme. grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 11:02pm On May 22, 2020
nani667:

This is what I use
how much you dey use sub no vex say I ask oo
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:36pm On May 22, 2020
philfearon:

Guy, Warner Bros still makes $1billion a year from the series [b]"Friends" [/b]which ended 15yrs ago.
The casts of the show still earn an estimated $20m every year from the shows reruns and Licensing agreement.

Please, know your facts before talking about profitability.

Really?? Or it is the deal Netflix made to retain it a year longer before exclusively going to HBOMax?

I know friends make a ton of money but 1 billion a year? Or you're confusing deals they made spanning a period of years(usually 4-5yrs) to use it's IP. If that's it then it would translate to around $250mn a year. Besides it's a series with a huge amount of seasons and boatload of episodes. Hence the size alone will increase its value. You can't compare such success with smaller titles.

Streaming and vod are only good when selling licensing to others for IP use. They turn profit in the long run but you can't compare it's profit margin with that of theater released features.

You can't compare profitability of films like Aquaman, Avengers movies, Joker in theaters to Streaming or VOD platforms. They cost huge money and their BO returns are huge (1 billion plus). You can't get that with vod. Vod takes a very long time to mature and generate such amount of money with time. I'm yet to even hear or see Vod get that capacity to generate a Billion from individual watchs or rewatch.

And what you are comparing is acquisition of IP rights and not actually money made from watch or rewatch of said movie on Video on Demand or Broadcast as compared to per tickets sales of movie in theaters.

If what you're saying is TRUE then why are studios losing their shits_ and postponing Big Budget movies instead of heading straight to Vod like their low budget counterparts??
Even WarnerMedia head Stankey said "Wonder Woman 1984 is a theatre must-release project and not vod, saying it can't match theater released film profitability".
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 11:43pm On May 22, 2020
Barrywhyte1:

What of Stephen Spielberg
Another great Director. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 11:47pm On May 22, 2020
Topmaike007:
carnival Row took me to Amazon prime video and uptil today I still subscribe on the platform because I prefer them to netflix
Bad man. I am already seeing Jack Ryan in your line up. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 11:48pm On May 22, 2020
Topmaike007:
my question is will HBOmax be available in our country if launched
It will be available on Android and IOS Playstores as an application.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 11:56pm On May 22, 2020
abduleez1:

Really?? Or it is the deal Netflix made to retain it a year longer before exclusively going to HBOMax?

I know friends make a ton of money but 1 billion a year? Or you're confusing deals they made spanning a period of years(usually 4-5yrs) to use it's IP. If that's it then it would translate to around $250mn a year. Besides it's a series with a huge amount of seasons and boatload of episodes. Hence the size alone will increase its value. You can't compare such success with smaller titles.

Streaming and vod are only good when selling licensing to others for IP use. They turn profit in the long run but you can't compare it's profit margin with that of theater released features.

You can't compare profitability of films like Aquaman, Avengers movies, Joker in theaters to Streaming or VOD platforms. They cost huge money and their BO returns are huge (1 billion plus). You can't get that with vod. Vod takes a very long time to mature and generate such amount of money with time. I'm yet to even hear or see Vod get that capacity to generate a Billion from individual watchs or rewatch.

And what you are comparing is acquisition of IP rights and not actually money made from watch or rewatch of said movie on Video on Demand or Broadcast as compared to per tickets sales of movie in theaters.

If what you're saying is TRUE then why are studios losing their shits_ and postponing Big Budget movies instead of heading straight to Vod like their low budget counterparts??
Even WarnerMedia head Stankey said "Wonder Woman 1984 is a theatre must-release project and not vod, saying it can't match theater released film profitability".
My brother, there is Google oooo. Check and confirm it yourself bro.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:07am On May 23, 2020
Minemrys:

oh really? Or did s0me0ne hack this a/c or s0mething? I remember u always at wb's defense bk then oh. @ SMUAG

So defending wb means that the previous management didn't have issues?

Haven't I said it before? Have I not said that AT and T did well in changing the management? You will never ever remember that one.

Also, smuag never said the previous management. He still blamed the current one (and the current one is the one I defended)

If he did show me.

I wait
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:19am On May 23, 2020
@Minemrys SMUAG and all, see my post supporting AT&T flushing out the old management. This post was made as far back as Jan 2019.

TheKingIsHere:

Yes they have, AT&T have taking over maybe that's why Aquaman was a huge success because the WB I know before no get sense on how to promote their movies and products.

I just pray AT&T can flush out all those incompetent losers holding management positions and give it to people who are more strategic and dynamic

@Minemrys please I beg you, don't ever use me to lie or get cheap points because it will always fail.

I know what I say and when I say it.

I am also waiting for you to bring out the post of SMUAG blaming the old management because from what I can tell, he blamed the current management which I defended. The same current management which is letting the Snyder cut and Ayer cut happen

QED
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:42am On May 23, 2020
TheKingIsHere:
@Minemrys SMUAG and all, see my post supporting AT&T flushing out the old management. This post was made as far back as Jan 2019.

@Minemrys please I beg you, don't ever use me to lie or get cheap points because it will always fail.

I know what I say and when I say it.

I am also waiting for you to bring out the post of SMUAG blaming the old management because from what I can tell, he blamed the current management which I defended. The same current management which is letting the Snyder cut and Ayer cut happen

QED
lol, byg0nes bro. But i seem to faintly remember bk when Jl was still new, lots of u including raasalghul were all anti snyder. I remember tackling u of the fact wb were undecided and u were like hey, calm down, the dceu is m0ving well, it's snyder that can't tell a c0ndensed story. I agreed with u on that fact, bt i kept saying even tho Snyder get him own, wb still dy shady and also get their own for body. It wasn't abt getting cheap points. God, why would i be that way. The reas0n why we make these arguments or i seem to tackle u at every angle or we are at odds, it's cos we want the best fr0m what we love; Dc. I dnt go abt being critical on other franchise i.e marvel cos all those films no c0ncern me. Sorry, that's just my character trying to be ann0ying. U need to see me when i am criticizing my club, Liverpool. It would seem to people like i support Man U. But byg0nes bro. Am s0rry.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:54am On May 23, 2020
abduleez1:

Exactly how I like my Joker. Scary and funny at the same time.
Most especially that scene where Heath's Joker burnt the money in the vault. Millions!! I was like WTF !! This guy dey craze and still it was amusing how he did it and said it, especially with the effort those guys out in getting that money.

Even insinuating to them they were stupid and weren't thinking big.

I still love his annoying but funny way of smacking his lips. And that crazy walk scene at the hospital after bombing it. I hear it was pure improvisation on his part. It was funny as hell. From there you'll know this guy is scary and amusing at the same time.
ohh! Baba, u need an award. Na wetin i dy talk. Ledger got it well. All joker depicti0ns including that one fr0m michael keat0n batman were funny. Even the cart0ons. Even ph0enix's joker was funny. As in, that m0ney burning scene had me and 2 of my friends who weren't into c0mic films, w0ndering and yet laughing and going WTF! M0ney wey these people dy try protect na dis guy burn oh. We c0me dy w0nder who worse pas btw police and joker for where those m0b bosses dy. Got to hand it to ledger. N0w, imagine if it was leto's cocaine high joker in that scene or that Leto played that scene. TDK was as g0od solely cos of Ledger, if u rem0ve N0lan. Okay, imagine that scene btw joker and those fake batmen.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:58am On May 23, 2020
abduleez1:

You mean am?? Guy you go just kukuma say you hate fantasy be that oo. You hate LOTR, you come join GOT ontop. :Mad oo shocked

That LOTR is easily my Best All Time movie Franchise, o swear. Too much sense kill am. And I'm definitely rewatching just before the Amazon series drop. And GOT is my ALL TIME Best Series.
lol, i love fantasy. It's bec0s of the run time and how i was when i last watched LOTR. I was s0mewhat in a bad state bk then and i felt the m0vie was dragging cos i kept h0ping it will end. GOT, I dnt kn0w why i dnt like it. But i love fantasy. I love legend of the seeker, merlin, and witcher.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:10am On May 23, 2020
philfearon:

Guy, go and watch Westworld. Then, come back.
i no want watch an0ther series yet abeg. 0nce u enter am, u can't leave them. Make i atleast finish the ones wey dy my fr0nt lol. Dis is why i hate series. They aren't one offs.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 3:15am On May 23, 2020
philfearon:

Bad man. I am already seeing Jack Ryan in your line up. grin
so you notice bro grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 6:51am On May 23, 2020
Minemrys:

i hate LOTR. Like with passi0n. I still d0n't kn0w what the whole thing was about. A powerful ring that could only just make you invisible? Saruman was supposed to be a powerful wizard, still trying to understand what his power was.
[img]https://media1./images/883d90ba0f333bad32396c17d4bdf75b/tenor.gif?itemid=5899610[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 6:52am On May 23, 2020
Minemrys:

i no want watch an0ther series yet abeg. 0nce u enter am, u can't leave them. Make i atleast finish the ones wey dy my fr0nt lol. Dis is why i hate series. They aren't one offs.
Oh, I see. Still try though Whenever you are opportuned.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 6:54am On May 23, 2020
Topmaike007:
so you notice bro grin
Yup.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 7:13am On May 23, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

Stargirl is good. I highly recommend it
Didn't really see anything to be impressed by in Stargirl's pilot. It was cliché as fvck to me, in ways that didn't even make sense.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 7:23am On May 23, 2020
Minemrys:

dude, n0lan would find a way to do seas0n 1 of GOT in 2 hours. It's abt kn0wing what u want to tell, how to tell it and achieve it. GOT was fr0m a b0ok, guy. And u are telling me N0lan can't adapt a b0ok into a 2hour film? He did incepti0n that had many characterz in it and was able to tell a story. How abt TDK. Lord of the rings is one film i find unnecessarily l0ng and would've benefitd fr0m a 2hr run time..
You really don't get how important world building and lore is in Fantasy, do you? A GOT movie would never be able to hold a torch to the show, even if Nolan, Cameron and Scorcese were to collaborate to make the movie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 11:04am On May 23, 2020
philfearon:

Yup.
na prime video dey give person joy inside lockddown

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:14am On May 23, 2020
abduleez1:

Darkseid will appear in the cut and make a brief Cameo on that scene where Steppenwolf was defeated In which Wonder Woman decapitated his head and it rolled back in a boomtube to Apokolips on Darkseid's feet. grin

Woah grin grin how did you know this?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:17am On May 23, 2020
abduleez1:

You mean am?? Guy you go just kukuma say you hate fantasy be that oo. You hate LOTR, you come join GOT ontop. :Mad oo shocked

That LOTR is easily my Best All Time movie Franchise, o swear. Too much sense kill am. And I'm definitely rewatching just before the Amazon series drop. And GOT is my ALL TIME Best Series.

We literally have the same taste in everything cry

Are we related?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:20am On May 23, 2020
abduleez1:

I don't know why you peeps are defending Leto but in all honesty his Joker was shit_ pure and unprocessed one. I'll pick the Animated Mark Hamill version over him anyday anytime. angry

He is a good Actor fine, but his Joker Portrayal was hor$eshit_. Irrespective of shit scripting and all that, isn't it the same movie Margot Robbie's Harley starred in? Even overshadowing Will's Deadshot. Then there's Viola Davis (Amanda Waller), they all garnered praise and respect for their Portrayals in the same shit_ movie. Will's was a bit controversial but still turned in decent Performance overall.

I don't know why Leto's defenders always seem to forget this fact.
Eg, look at Joe Manganiello Deathstroke in Josstice League, how many screentime he got? Less than 1 minute and still DC fans scream he's the perfect Deathstroke, from demeanor, mannerism and looks. Up till this day there's some fans who believe he's the best Deathstroke even though Esai Morales is dishing out a better showing.

Okay...same taste in everything except this Leto's joker...I feel y'all are confusing all the senseless and irrelevant Joker scenes for the acting itself, maybe another watch will help convince you it wasn't horse shiit...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:34am On May 23, 2020
Kaycee7:
Didn't really see anything to be impressed by in Stargirl's pilot. It was cliché as fvck to me, in ways that didn't even make sense.

[img]https://media./images/b61b8d8679e38c891b5c79b92ecde8eb/tenor.gif[/img]

Heeeeey angry guy take time o undecided before you sef collect your own beating angry

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 11:44am On May 23, 2020
Minemrys:

i hate LOTR. Like with passi0n. I still d0n't kn0w what the whole thing was about. A powerful ring that could only just make you invisible? Saruman was supposed to be a powerful wizard, still trying to understand what his power was.
don't say this in public in any country bro. For me the LOTR are the best Fantasy movies ever made. They was so good that the Hobbit movies paled in comparison to them despite having advanced CGI amongst other things. Peter Jackson, the actors and crew finish work for those movies. I don't think that there will be any fantasy movie like them ever again.

The ring only works fully with its rightfully owner, Sauron, and works in a limited capacity for others(like delaying old age for Bilbo Baggins and also invisibility) mostly because they don't know how to use it well. But above all, the ring corrupts your mind and consumes you if you are not careful. Ultimately, it wants to return to its master.

The thing about LOTR is that it doesn't designate certain power sets to its characters like in comics where we know what Superman or hulk can do(it's even listed in Wikipedia for almost all comic books superheroes) so trying to figure out what power set Saruman possesses is a waste of time. Just know this, he's one of the most powerful wizards in LOTR.

I have rewatched LOTR more than I can remember and there are only a handful movies and series that I can re-watch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 12:57pm On May 23, 2020
Minemrys:

god no pls. They had their chance. We need a better joker. Leto was crap.
less than 5 mins on screen time is too short a time to judge his character.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 1:00pm On May 23, 2020
Minemrys:

na gandalf tire me pass. All that power and very little to show for it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.