Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1010) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1235950 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 1:03pm On May 23, 2020
Minemrys:

lol, n0t the run time exactly, and my b0ok isn't that l0ng. It's the n0rmal length for n0vels. LOTR was like 700pages bro and that was becos tolkien's publisherz cut it down. I d0n't kn0w why i hate it. Maybe cos it didn't interest me. Would u imagine i d0n't like GOT?
no only you. I actually dont get the hype about GOT. It’s actually a good show but personally i just wasn’t down with it as much as media acclaim
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 1:09pm On May 23, 2020
pu7pl3:

[img]https://media./images/b61b8d8679e38c891b5c79b92ecde8eb/tenor.gif[/img]

Heeeeey angry guy take time o undecided before you sef collect your own beating angry
Pu7pl3, how does a pretty girl with a cool attitude and a gymnast background end up at the losers table? How does that fvcking make sense, if not just for the sake of fulfilling cliché high school underdog stories? The series as a whole will probably be really good, but the pilot didn't wow me, at all.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 1:14pm On May 23, 2020
Kaycee7:
Pu7pl3, how does a pretty girl with a cool attitude and a gymnast background end up at the losers table? How does that fvcking make sense, if not just for the sake of fulfilling cliché high school underdog stories? The series as a whole will probably be really good, but the pilot didn't wow me, at all.
she discovering the staff and then straight up goes to fight felt rushed. The pilot felt rushed like they were eager to let us know it’s star Girl like we didn’t already know the title.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 1:15pm On May 23, 2020
charlesm91:
na gandalf tire me pass. All that power and very little to show for it.
You think say repelling 3 Nazgul riders at full power na beans? Dude fought and killed a fvcking Balrog for crying out loud.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 1:16pm On May 23, 2020
charlesm91:
she discovering the staff and then straight up goes to fight felt rushed. The pilot felt rushed like they were eager to let us know it’s star Girl like we didn’t already know the title.
The One thing that caught my interest is that the guy she fought now knows her face. She doesn't really have the luxury of anonymity that most teen heroes usually enjoy. I want to see how that plays out moving forward.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:17pm On May 23, 2020
Minemrys:

lol, byg0nes bro. But i seem to faintly remember bk when Jl was still new, lots of u including raasalghul were all anti snyder. I remember tackling u of the fact wb were undecided and u were like hey, calm down, the dceu is m0ving well, it's snyder that can't tell a c0ndensed story. I agreed with u on that fact, bt i kept saying even tho Snyder get him own, wb still dy shady and also get their own for body. It wasn't abt getting cheap points. God, why would i be that way. The reas0n why we make these arguments or i seem to tackle u at every angle or we are at odds, it's cos we want the best fr0m what we love; Dc. I dnt go abt being critical on other franchise i.e marvel cos all those films no c0ncern me. Sorry, that's just my character trying to be ann0ying. U need to see me when i am criticizing my club, Liverpool. It would seem to people like i support Man U. But byg0nes bro. Am s0rry.

No problems bro. Apologies accepted.

Also, raasalghul was not really anti-snyder, rather he was pushed due to the disappointment of BvS and JL at the BO. Remember, he was bragging about these movies in the MCU thread only to be disappointed twice. You cant really blame him for his actions. Infact, he has been the one demanding that snyder comes back to do a MoS 2 movie.

Saying one is anti synder because of this is fallacious. Its just like me tagging you anti-Ayer because you don't like his version of his joker.

Well, we move forward
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:18pm On May 23, 2020
Kaycee7:
Didn't really see anything to be impressed by in Stargirl's pilot. It was cliché as fvck to me, in ways that didn't even make sense.

Hmmm...lets wait for the second episode
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:31pm On May 23, 2020
charlesm91:
less than 5 mins on screen time is too short a time to judge his character.
bros, i fell in love for heath ledger's joker the 1st minute he appeared.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 1:58pm On May 23, 2020
charlesm91:
na gandalf tire me pass. All that power and very little to show for it.
Lol. What if I tell you that the whole movie was about Gandalf?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 2:01pm On May 23, 2020
charlesm91:
It's a pilot episode bro.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 2:04pm On May 23, 2020
Minemrys:

bros, i fell in love for heath ledger's joker the 1st minute he appeared.
Some things just grow on on you bro, while some others catch your mind instantly.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 3:31pm On May 23, 2020
Kaycee7:

Most of the people on that table were also good looking..of I recall, her good looks also made her get invited to the cheerleaders squad on her first day...

Why do I feel you just nitpicking? Perhaps all the good reviews about the series on this thread had you desperately looking for faults maybe?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 3:33pm On May 23, 2020
charlesm91:

Oh so you prefer them dragging it out like they did with beast boy on Titan? Nah, this was a better way to start
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 4:11pm On May 23, 2020
pu7pl3:

Most of the people on that table were also good looking..of I recall, her good looks also made her get invited to the cheerleaders squad on her first day...

Why do I feel you just nitpicking? Perhaps all the good reviews about the series on this thread had you desperately looking for faults maybe?

Gbam.

They forgot that they were begging her to join the cheerleaders team and even make her number 2 from the first day she entered the school.

Kaycee7 is just looking for faults
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:21pm On May 23, 2020
philfearon:

Some things just grow on on you bro, while some others catch your mind instantly.
hmm, i guess we'll never kn0w.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:26pm On May 23, 2020
charlesm91:
it wasn't rushed. It was well devel0ped. If anything, i felt it was slow.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:00pm On May 23, 2020
pu7pl3:

The guy that left is emo. The girl that spoke to her is an obvious dork. The other girl just had her nudes released. I didn't just cite the good looks. She had other abilities.
I'm not nitpicking. Perhaps you can help me see what's so mind-blowing about the pilot. After all, I never said it was bad. Just okay
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:02pm On May 23, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

Gbam.

They forgot that they were begging her to join the cheerleaders team and even make her number 2 from the first day she entered the school.

Kaycee7 is just looking for faults
And she went from that to the losers table. That's why I said it didn't make sense. So, no guy could see this fine ass chick and invite her over.

Maybe I am. I probably let my expectations be jacked up by the ratings.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 6:05pm On May 23, 2020
pu7pl3:

Oh so you prefer them dragging it out like they did with beast boy on Titan? Nah, this was a better way to start
not at all. Titan season one was cool but season two was an unnecessary drag. I just expected a bit more back story and then the next two episodes introduces star girl. I’m not saying the pilot wasn’t good. It was good, just that i thought it could have done differently.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nekr0N(m): 6:06pm On May 23, 2020
Kaycee7:
The guy that left is emo. The girl that spoke to her is an obvious dork. The other girl just had her nudes released. I didn't just cite the good looks. She had other abilities.
I'm not nitpicking. Perhaps you can help me see what's so mind-blowing about the pilot. After all, I never said it was bad. Just okay

Things that were mind blowing:-

The JSA and those classic villains especially Solomon Grundy

The special effects, from start to finish it never reduced in quality, proof of the amount of time and money put into this thing

The bit of her testing out her new powers(reminded me of Shazam) and I really appreciated the fact that they didn't drag it out over many episodes..would have been boring

Her step dad STRIPSEY he is already my favourite character

That ending..omg, I was like whhhhhhhyyyyyy embarassed cry

Etc...

The fact that you had to go to the normal cliché highschool stuffs to talk about faults shows that you are nitpicking grin

This is purple y'all, main account was banned cos I was recommending websites to download movies on the movie thread angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nekr0N(m): 6:16pm On May 23, 2020
charlesm91:
not at all. Titan season one was cool but season two was an unnecessary drag. I just expected a bit more back story and then the next two episodes introduces star girl. I’m not saying the pilot wasn’t good. It was good, just that i thought it could have done differently.

It was good bruh, if they didn't introduce her and dragged it out like you said we would have been stuck watching just a normal highschool flick and that can get boring quick

Now we know she has powers so we need to see her blend it with her normal life plus the guys that now want to kill her...like you said, it was good, it was good..if it ain't broken...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nekr0N(m): 6:58pm On May 23, 2020
I hope y'all haven't forgotten about Harley Quinn

Episode 8...soo touching, good to see the OG of evil Darkseid grin..there was this score that kept playing anytime he was talking, I dig it cool

This is SJE being done well at its finest tbh I can't even be mad at it cool cool
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:04pm On May 23, 2020
Nekr0N:

The special effects, from start to finish it never reduced in quality, proof of the amount of time and money put into this thing

The bit of her testing out her new powers(reminded me of Shazam) and I really appreciated the fact that they didn't drag it out over many episodes..would have been boring

Etc...

The fact that you had to go to the normal cliché highschool stuffs to talk about faults shows that you are nitpicking grin

This is purple y'all, main account was banned cos I was recommending websites to download movies on the movie thread angry
the high sch0ol stuff is n0rmal sef. Courtney came in n0t wanting to associate and seemed freaky in behavior than c0ol, hence why people avoided her. If u n0ticed, she was behaving like these church gals. So u could see why no 1 wantd to associate with her. She was a newbie, quiet and n0t c0ol. I can relate with that. Been in that shoe b4.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nekr0N(m): 7:07pm On May 23, 2020
Minemrys:

the high sch0ol stuff is n0rmal sef. Courtney came in n0t wanting to associate and seemed freaky in behavior than c0ol, hence why people avoided her. If u n0ticed, she was behaving like these church gals. So u could see why no 1 wantd to associate with her. She was a newbie, quiet and n0t c0ol. I can relate with that. Been in that shoe b4.
Yea that's true, she was mad about moving from her "perfect" former place and didn't like the fact that she was about to have a new dad/stepdad
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 7:34pm On May 23, 2020
You guys want to puncture old wounds abi? embarassed embarassed

The way I kept hyping BvS that year when the trailer came out.

How I kept posting pictures of Batman and Superman on my facebook wall.

How I had to subscribe so I could watch a bootlegged version of the teaser trailer over and over again.

How I read every article/news/rumour for two years prior to its release.

Did I even add that BvS was the first film I saw in a cinema?

I'm sure most of you won't understand.

To you guys, Raal's is a troll, acts childish and is too pessimistic.

Why won't I be?

To even put things in perspective, take a look at the first page of this thread and gauge my excitement. embarassed

What does that tell you? embarassed

If I ever recover from this, it's gonna take a longwhile.

Oh WB!

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nekr0N(m): 9:09pm On May 23, 2020
Kaycee7:

[img]https://media1./images/883d90ba0f333bad32396c17d4bdf75b/tenor.gif?itemid=5899610[/img]

Kaycee please what did you type to get this Gif? grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:36pm On May 23, 2020
Actor Ray Porter is Uxas folks!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 2:44am On May 24, 2020
Nekr0N:

Kaycee please what did you type to get this Gif? grin grin grin
Brock Lesnar Beatdown.

I got it at tenor dot com.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 4:58am On May 24, 2020
Nekr0N:

Etc...

True! The opening scene was dope.
And seeing her inculcate her gymnastic background into how she uses the staff was really cool.

I guess I just latched onto the highschool thing a bit too much and forgot to appreciate everything else.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:04am On May 24, 2020
Minemrys:

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 7:46am On May 24, 2020
Minemrys:
Actor Ray Porter is Uxas folks!
Why was his scene cut off before

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:20am On May 24, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Why was his scene cut off before
baba, na real questi0n u ask oh. To summarize, na kevin tsujihara say make them cut scenes so Jl no go pass 2 hours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.