Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,541 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1038) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1243718 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 4:35pm On Jun 16, 2020
Minemrys:

it did. Just that it isn't spelt out like in cap marvel or batw0man. Patty was creative with it. It's okay to portray feminism on film, but it shouldn't take over the creativity of the story or make the story dependent on it.
What I expected Gadot to say when she was told that to man has ever crossed no man’s land was that I am not a man but they did that in another good way
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
What I expected Gadot to say when she was told that to man has ever crossed no man’s land was that I am not a man but they did that in another good way
that's what i am saying na. They didn't spell, 'hey, we are making a propaganda film', like other films tend to do. And it makes it interesting and brings in a heterogen0us audience unlike one film that bought its own tickets.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
Minemrys:

it did. Just that it isn't spelt out like in cap marvel or batw0man. Patty was creative with it. It's okay to portray feminism on film, but it shouldn't take over the creativity of the story or make the story dependent on it.

It didn't... The scene was normal...

At some point it even showed WW needing help from Steve before she could forge ahead.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
The No man’s land scene is one of the best scene from the movie, I love how Patty shot that scene and it didn’t even follow the normal narrative of female empowerment bullcrap

I loved how everything was balanced in that scene...

Remember when steve said, "this is no man's land, no man can cross"...

Everyone in the theatre was expecting WW to say, I am no man, I am a waman...

Thank goodness they didnt feed us the usual sjw crap, rather patty made everything balanced on all sides.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 6:11pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
MoS, BvS, WW

Nice..BVS is 4th on the list for me
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
Liposure:
epic is an understatement

Lol, which grammar make we use for that scene?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
Liposure:
i miss my high skool days

We all do bro
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Emmynator(m): 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
Stargirl episode 5 was very interesting, so hour man ⏳ is going to be a jerk. Beth Chapel fits the role of Dr. Midnite perfectly, she talks too much though. Brain wave's son have started exhibiting his powers, I hope he doesn't turn out to be a bad guy.
Nice episode and nice season so far.
Does anyone think we will get more additional heroes to the ones already revealed?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 7:44pm On Jun 16, 2020
Emmynator:
Stargirl episode 5 was very interesting, so hour man ⏳ is going to be a jerk. Beth Chapel fits the role of Dr. Midnite perfectly, she talks too much though. Brain wave's son have started exhibiting his powers, I hope he doesn't turn out to be a bad guy.
Does anyone think we will get more additional heroes to the ones already revealed?
Hourman doesn't seem like a jerk to me, He adds a certain kind of dynamic that's lacking amongst the superheroes in the team, just like pat everyone can't be optimistic all the time
I think his my favorite character right now
I just hope that they find a way to make the hourglass last longer, I think that's what his dad was working on before he was killed
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

It didn't... The scene was normal...

At some point it even showed WW needing help from Steve before she could forge ahead.
w0n't argue. But kn0w this, u can say alot using imagery and symbolism. So cos they didn't have diana saying things that shows s0me form of hate for men or hey, a w0man can do things better than a man, beat up men anyhow or have gal gadot saying stuff abt white men. Here are scenes that inspire feminism; scene on the boat with steve abt men being important in procreati0n and n0t pleasure, the scene 0n diana asking steve to take her straight to the war up0n landing in l0nd0n [that screams girl power na but d0ne creatively without insulting men or undermining and hyping one gender.] that's why i love how to get away with murder. A g0od story is able to pass u subliminal messages without u kn0wing even when u accept it. Or how do u think m0st people are questi0ning the existence of God? Subliminally, films are a part of it. But films d0n't go abt c0ndemning God do they? 0ne thing people love is how WW is made for every0ne and n0t just w0men.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

I loved how everything was balanced in that scene...

Remember when steve said, "this is no man's land, no man can cross"...

Everyone in the theatre was expecting WW to say, I am no man, I am a waman...

Thank goodness they didnt feed us the usual sjw crap, rather patty made everything balanced on all sides.
that's creativity na. But during that scene, u saw diana running straight into the fire while s0me men were taking cover and other men tried to attack her with bullets. But one w0man ran off fearless. Isn't that imagery portraying girl power? S0me films use expressi0n, scene design, m0od, c0stume rather than dialogue to c0nvey meaning. That's what the cw d0n't get. Portraying sjw isn't bad, it's n0t sacrificing the story or creativity for sjw that matters.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
johnyace:
Hourman doesn't seem like a jerk to me, He adds a certain kind of dynamic that's lacking amongst the superheroes in the team, just like pat everyone can't be optimistic all the time
I just hope that they find a way to make the hourglass last longer, I think that's what his dad was working on before he was killed
i think in the c0mics it lasts 24 hours, right? Plus it was said to be a drug he t0ok rather than hanging it on his neck. So i am thinking Rick would m0dify it into a serum.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:14pm On Jun 16, 2020
Minemrys:

w0n't argue. But kn0w this, u can say alot using imagery and symbolism. So cos they didn't have diana saying things that shows s0me form of hate for men or hey, a w0man can do things better than a man, beat up men anyhow or have gal gadot saying stuff abt white men. Here are scenes that inspire feminism; scene on the boat with steve abt men being important in procreati0n and n0t pleasure, the scene 0n diana asking steve to take her straight to the war up0n landing in l0nd0n [that screams girl power na but d0ne creatively without insulting men or undermining and hyping one gender.] that's why i love how to get away with murder. A g0od story is able to pass u subliminal messages without u kn0wing even when u accept it. Or how do u think m0st people are questi0ning the existence of God? Subliminally, films are a part of it. But films d0n't go abt c0ndemning God do they? 0ne thing people love is how WW is made for every0ne and n0t just w0men.

classic case of starting an argument with "won't argue" and then go ahead and write more than 50 words of arguement grin grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
Minemrys:

On the bolded, I hope you recollect that Diana was new to the outside world, she was also new to men as she grew up in a nation of all women...also, on the part where you said that Diana said Steve should take her straight to war...."Hello minemrys", Diana is a warrior, what else do you expect her to be more excited about if not war and battle?

It's all in ya head bro, there wasn't anything femanazi about ww...if you want to assume so, it's your choice...

But in movies like captain marvel or batwoman series, you don't need a soothsayer to inform you that it has sjw issh all over it

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
pu7pl3:

classic case of starting an argument with "won't argue" and then go ahead and write more than 50 words of arguement grin grin

The irony is that his argument doesn't hold water.... grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
Minemrys:

that's creativity na. But during that scene, u saw diana running straight into the fire while s0me men were taking cover and other men tried to attack her with bullets.
What did you expect from a woman with the power of gods to do? Please us know...

But one w0man ran off fearless. Isn't that imagery portraying girl power?

She ran off fearless, that's why she's a warrior with the power of gods..Did you also see the part in the no man's land scene where she couldn't progress in her charge and Steve had to help her shoot those German soldiers while the other guy threw a bomb at the Germans? I guess, that scene they projected men's masculine power, right?

S0me films use expressi0n, scene design, m0od, c0stume rather than dialogue to c0nvey meaning. That's what the cw d0n't get. Portraying sjw isn't bad, it's n0t sacrificing the story or creativity for sjw that matters.

Projecting sjw isn't bad, I agree but don't rub it in the people's face...eg Captain marvel with "HER-O" or Batwoman with "I am a waman".

This is why people both men and women are in love with Patty's work, meanwhile the director of CM is fired because it didn't go well with fans...

As for CW, those ones are champions in sjw issh
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:02am On Jun 17, 2020
Emmynator:

Brainwave son's likely to be bad because he will definitely find out that stargirl was responsible for his father's coma
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Emmynator(m): 1:30am On Jun 17, 2020
johnyace:
Well, maybe my definition of jerk and yours are different.
You have made valid points, however the guy may turn out to be so obsessed with revenge that he will put the team and himself at risk. Do you think that guy will make the best choices? They all need to reduce their optimism too, but experience will teach them that.
About increasing the time of the hour glass, does anyone have the expertise to do that? Rick may not be too bright in chemistry.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Emmynator(m): 1:37am On Jun 17, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

Brainwave son's likely to be bad because he will definitely find out that stargirl was responsible for his father's coma
True, but I hope he makes better decisions. Yolanda will relish the idea of beating him up if he joins the bad guys.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:54am On Jun 17, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

What did you expect from a woman with the power of gods to do? Please us know...

She ran off fearless, that's why she's a warrior with the power of gods..Did you also see the part in the no man's land scene where she couldn't progress in her charge and Steve had to help her shoot those German soldiers while the other guy threw a bomb at the Germans? I guess, that scene they projected men's masculine power, right?

Projecting sjw isn't bad, I agree but don't rub it in the people's face...eg Captain marvel with "HER-O" or Batwoman with "I am a waman".

This is why people both men and women are in love with Patty's work, meanwhile the director of CM is fired because it didn't go well with fans...

As for CW, those ones are champions in sjw issh
lol, we both are saying technically same thing. WW actually pr0m0td feminism and girl power without spelling it out or rubbing it on audience faces and that's why every0ne loves it. But cap marvel or the cw spells it out and it seems as if, hyping the female gender above the male or having ur lead hating on white males. Shey u get na? WW did its with creativity and making it balance even when pr0m0ting feminism.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Emmynator(m): 2:00am On Jun 17, 2020
Minemrys:

i think in the c0mics it lasts 24 hours, right? Plus it was said to be a drug he t0ok rather than hanging it on his neck. So i am thinking Rick would m0dify it into a serum.
I hope so, only one hour is too dangerous and can lead to handicap. Can Rick pull it off?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:02am On Jun 17, 2020
Emmynator:

I hope so, only one hour is too dangerous and can lead to handicap. Can Rick pull it off?
we are jux getting to kn0w Rick tho. He could be capable of many things we d0n't kn0w..

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:05am On Jun 17, 2020
pu7pl3:

lol, d thing is me and thekingishere are saying the same thing in a different way. U guys are on a l0ng race to nab th0se catalans. Run, pu7pl3, run :-D
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 6:22am On Jun 17, 2020
Minemrys:

lol, d thing is me and thekingishere are saying the same thing in a different way. U guys are on a l0ng race to nab th0se catalans. Run, pu7pl3, run :-D

Leganes deserve to be relegated angry they had soomany opportunities to win that match...I'm not running anywhere angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:04am On Jun 17, 2020
pu7pl3:

Leganes deserve to be relegated angry they had soomany opportunities to win that match...I'm not running anywhere angry
lol, same thing i said abt leicester and ihenacho last seas0n. Dude had a one on one with keeper at the dying minutes that would've handed me the Epl, they sold the match instead. Seems la liga teams are in agreement to deny u the title, lol. Ur next game is a must win, i have a feeling the catalans would drop p0ints s0on.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:21am On Jun 17, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

You and I think alike, you sure you ain't my twin brother from another mother? grin grin

Lol, maybe. Who knows. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:29am On Jun 17, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

WW is 2nd on the list for me....

That "No man's land scene is truly epic"

Damn, we're really alike mate. cheesy

WW is also my 2nd favorite film. Then Man of Steel in 3rd. grin

Mehn, that no man's land scene is one of the most iconic moments in DCEU history. That scene is EPIC AF!! I rewatched it last month and it was as if it was my first time seeing it. cheesy
Patty Jenkins really put some artistic gymnastics in that scene; the color palette, the mood, the tone, the action, Damn, everything was primed perfectly. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:43am On Jun 17, 2020
TheKingIsHere:
So, zack snyder has confirm that dick greyson is dead in the ZSJL...

If you were praying for a Night wing movie, well sorry to burst your bubbles..

The only saving grace for Dick is matt reeves batman...if he is there and the flashpoint occurs, then we might get a night wing movie

Well, Snyder has confirmed that a while ago. I really don't think anyone is expecting a Nightwing movie connected to Zack movies.

Besides a Nightwing movie is in development. But don't think it's gonna come out soon since New Batman is Pattinson and in his earliest days of crime fighting. Unless maybe it gets an independent elseworld treatment like Joker or Reeves Batman.

On the other hand, Nightwing could debut in the final movie of Reeves Trilogy. Then get his own independent film at a later stage.

PS: There were rumors then that WB was pivoting away from dependency on Batman and to a lesser extent Superman. They were plans to move forward with their associated Superhero characters eg. Nightwing, Supergirl, Batgirl.

But plans might have changed due to recent AT&T managerial takeover. Let's wait and see.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Emmynator(m): 9:42am On Jun 17, 2020
Minemrys:

we are jux getting to kn0w Rick tho. He could be capable of many things we d0n't kn0w..
True, I hope the season ends well too.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Emmynator(m): 9:42am On Jun 17, 2020
Minemrys:

True, I hope the season ends well too.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:06am On Jun 17, 2020
abduleez1:

Damn, we're really alike mate. cheesy

WW is also my 2nd favorite film. Then Man of Steel in 3rd. grin

Mehn, that no man's land scene is one of the most iconic moments in DCEU history. That scene is EPIC AF!! I rewatched it last month and it was as if it was my first time seeing it. cheesy
Patty Jenkins really put some artistic gymnastics in that scene; the color palette, the mood, the tone, the action, Damn, everything was primed perfectly. grin

It is official, you are my twin brother from another mother cheesy

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:08am On Jun 17, 2020
Minemrys:

lol, we both are saying technically same thing. WW actually pr0m0td feminism and girl power without spelling it out or rubbing it on audience faces and that's why every0ne loves it. But cap marvel or the cw spells it out and it seems as if, hyping the female gender above the male or having ur lead hating on white males. Shey u get na? WW did its with creativity and making it balance even when pr0m0ting feminism.

Okay, i understand you but because it has a strong woman doesnt make it feminist imo...Its just like saying resident evil movie franchise was feminist because Alice the main protagonist was a strong woman.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.