Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,801 members, 7,866,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:43 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1258432 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (1544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by moneyallowed(m): 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2016
Maybe we should change the title of this thread to rivals watch lol........ I remember this time last year, when people were predicting the final box office returns of the 2016 cbms, the general consensus here on else where on Nairaland was

BvS - the conservative estimate then was 1.5 billion. Some were even saying 2 billion but most dceu fans predicted it would outgross Avengers. No one and I mean no one predicted less than a billion dollars,and y'all still trying to spin this as a positive. OK oo. Suicide Squad was the only DCEU movie that exceeded expectations, and that's in spite and not because of how bland it was. Those calling Doctor Strange formulaic should watch Suicide Squad for a change

Deadpool and Doctor Strange were all predicted to make 500 million or less, they're both resounding successes, Doctor Strange will outgross Man of Steel, think about that for a second: a movie about a superhero I'm sure most of you never knew about, even Hardcore MCU fans don't know much about him, will make more money than a movie about the most popular superhero in the world.

The next person I see bashing my beloved Doctor Strange, I'll gonna chase with koboko! Let DC make a movie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
moneyallowed:
Maybe we should change the title of this thread to rivals watch lol........ I remember this time last year, when people were predicting the final box office returns of the 2016 cbms, the general consensus here on else where on Nairaland was

BvS - the conservative estimate then was 1.5 billion. Some were even saying 2 billion but most dceu fans predicted it would outgross Avengers. No one and I mean no one predicted less than a billion dollars,and y'all still trying to spin this as a positive. OK oo. Suicide Squad was the only DCEU movie that exceeded expectations, and that's in spite and not because of how bland it was. Those calling Doctor Strange formulaic should watch Suicide Squad for a change

Deadpool and Doctor Strange were all predicted to make 500 million or less, they're both resounding successes, Doctor Strange will outgross Man of Steel, think about that for a second: a movie about a superhero I'm sure most of you never knew about, even Hardcore MCU fans don't know much about him, will make more money than a movie about the most popular superhero in the world.

The next person I see bashing my beloved Doctor Strange, I'll gonna chase with koboko! Let DC make a movie

Hahahaha.....But seriously, the spiderman vibe is not sweet o
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
moneyallowed:

I think there is a mistake we are all making when predicting marvel's movie gross.
The truth is that it's the MCU that it's carrying any of its movie (probably because its successful movies) and not the movie carrying the brands (MCU). that is, if you know what I mean. Even if MCU put out anything it will still sell!
have anybody thought of why spiderman, despite being marvel most popular character, still haven't gross a billion?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
TonySpike:

Hahahaha.....But seriously, the spiderman vibe is not sweet o
Oga e sweet.. When would you guys acknowledge something for once. If for nothing, the fact that MCU get to try something different from all other spiderman movies. I really do not get why all the hate and antagonistic behavior.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
kryptonian1987:

I think there is a mistake we are all making when predicting marvel's movie gross.
The truth is that it's the MCU that it's carrying any of its movie (probably because its successful movies) and not the movie carrying the brands (MCU). that is, if you know what I mean. Even if MCU put out anything it will still sell!
have anybody thought of why spiderman, despite being marvel most popular character, still haven't gross a billion?
Because it wasn't well handled. You talk as tho marvel don't need to work hard on their movies. I'd like to see a short movie you've put out there.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 8:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
badinfluence:

Because it wasn't well handled. You talk as tho marvel don't need to work hard on their movies. I'd like to see a short movie you've put out there.
Lmao. This got me laffing real hard. Hahaha.
No mind dem. Na NL analysts sabi pass. They can never be wrong. Go to the sports section and u go just dey vex.

See dem talking like say dem sabi produce movie. Tell dem to direct a short choreography and watch them flop for days.

Marvel this, marvel movies that. But its Marvel fans dat dont mind their business coz DC fans are such Saints....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 8:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
badinfluence:

Not really my notion.
Were Spiderman 1&2 not really handled?!
Marvel's popularity is with the name "MCU", and not just the characters popularity anymore. I feel they have carved out a name for themselves that any thing they throw out will still do good in box office..... That's my point.
people are going out to see their movies because they know they shared one universe-continuation... Be it squirrel-girl, captain marvel or Dr strange.....And they are family friendly movies also....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2016
kryptonian1987:

Not really my notion.
Were Spiderman 1&2 not really handled?!
Marvel's popularity is with the name "MCU", and not just the characters popularity anymore. I feel they have carved out a name for themselves that any thing they throw out will still do good in box office..... That's my point.
people are going out to see their movies because they know they shared one universe-continuation... Be it squirrel-girl, captain marvel or Dr strange.....And they are family friendly movies also....
You are only succeeding in flattering marvel. If as you said 'squirrel girl' would be a hit if marvel put it out there, you're indirectly saying everything they touch turns to gold. Wait o.. Is this how much someone's success hurts you?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
badinfluence:

Oga e sweet.. When would you guys acknowledge something for once. If for nothing, the fact that MCU get to try something different from all other spiderman movies. I really do not get why all the hate and antagonistic behavior.

This is not hate, bro. Don't get me wrong... grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2016
matured minds indeeed
undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 10:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
badinfluence:

You are only succeeding in flattering marvel. If as you said 'squirrel girl' would be a hit if marvel put it out there, you're indirectly saying everything they touch turns to gold. Wait o.. Is this how much someone's success hurts you?

Is that the way you see it grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 10:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
TonySpike:

This is not hate, bro. Don't get me wrong... grin

Guy, have you watched any episode of JL Action? I have seen the first six episodes of it, but I think I only enjoyed episodes 1&5! the other four were not too ok for my liking....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2016
kryptonian1987:

Is that the way you see it grin
It's the way it is. Hate has consumed you..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 11:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
kryptonian1987:

Guy, have you watched any episode of JL Action? I have seen the first six episodes of it, but I think I only enjoyed episodes 1&5! the other four were not too ok for my liking....

Bros where did you get them from
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:46pm On Dec 12, 2016
Am having a vibe (cisco lol) of JL tanking or being a mediocre film at best.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:30am On Dec 13, 2016
Minemrys:

Let your fear remain as a vibe, bro. If the script and story are original and coherent enough, then you've got nothing to worry about. The truth is that I don't want them to introduce too much humour and silly one-liner jokes. I prefer the near humourless approach taken so far. Why should superheroes be cracking jokes while fight evil villains? It surely doesn't go down with me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 9:20am On Dec 13, 2016
badinfluence:

It's the way it is. Hate has consumed you..
you have your thoughts, so no wahala....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 9:33am On Dec 13, 2016
Minemrys:

lol! JL will not tank, that for sure I know. except you want it to be like a one line movie, where jokes are saturated everywhere.....
The problem will be those who have stereotyped how all CBM should be, they will stop at nothing to bash it if they didn't see those things they have already preconceived. that is, CBM "must" be funny... And another thing is, the critics will always nitpick, just the fact that JL is handled by DCEU Lord, Zack Snyder!
they want one line, but we will not give it to them! After all I preferred the serious, nitty gritty and somber type more!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:44am On Dec 13, 2016
kryptonian1987:

lol! JL will not tank, that for sure I know. except you want it to be like a one line movie, where jokes are saturated everywhere.....
The problem will be those who have stereotyped how all CBM should be, they will stop at nothing to bash it if they didn't see those things they have already preconceived. that is, CBM "must" be funny... And another thing is, the critics will always nitpick, just the fact that JL is handled by DCEU Lord, Zack Snyder!
they want one line, but we will not give it to them! After all I preferred the serious, nitty gritty and somber type more!
Ezra Flash: that's an over simplification.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:54am On Dec 13, 2016
UPDATE: Patrick Wilson has been cast as Orm (Ocean Master), Aquaman's half-brother in Aquaman movie to be directed by James Wan. By the way, Patrick Wilson appeared in Zack Snyder's Watchmen as Nite Owl, a role he performed so well. Congrats, Patrick!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:03am On Dec 13, 2016
I strongly support David Oyelowo as Black Manta, I hope DCEU looks at his side.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 3:04pm On Dec 13, 2016
Minemrys:

Ezra Flash: that's an over simplification.

That's Flash for you...! He is a character with much fun.... so I don't have issues with him doing some jokes. He is known for such, right from his early comic days. But seeing majority of them cracking jokes here and there when something serious is going on that's what I won't like at all! It will make the movie looked too childish and cheaply. Though my own thought....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
TonySpike:
UPDATE: Patrick Wilson has been cast as Orm (Ocean Master), Aquaman's half-brother in Aquaman movie to be directed by James Wan. By the way, Patrick Wilson appeared in Zack Snyder's Watchmen as Nite Owl, a role he performed so well. Congrats, Patrick!
Could we see a throne of Atlantis adaptation?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 11:51pm On Dec 13, 2016
Gotham City Sirens,' Starring Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn, Is A Winning Play For DC Films

Scott Mendelson ,   CONTRIBUTOR
I cover the film industry.

'Suicide Squad' image courtesy of Warner Bros.

The Hollywood Reporter reports that David Ayer has been hired to direct the Margot Robbie-produced Harley Quinn-and-friends spin-off. The picture, now entitled Gotham City Sirens, has no release date but there will be plenty of room after Justice League in November of next year. Considering the behind-the-scenes hassle regarding Suicide Squad, I am frankly impressed that David Ayer has returned to the fold in what will be a directing and producing role. Yes, I too wish that Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc. had pursued a female director for this "female villains united" spin-off version, but c'est la vie. Nonetheless, money and the perception of success heals all wounds. Suicide Squad earned a superb $745 million worldwide at the box office last summer. My issues with the movie as a movie notwithstanding, that's a big win.

To state the obvious, Margot Robbie will be playing Harley Quinn again, and the film will presumably introduce various DC Comics female super villains into the "DC Films"universe. Obviously, I have no idea which ones will show up to play, but I think we can assume that frequent partner and periodic love interest Poison Ivy will be involved. Of note, the spin-off will be written by Geneva Robertson-Dworet, who also wrote the upcoming Tomb Raider reboot and the theoretical Sherlock Holmes 3. Assuming all goes to plan, Ayer will be the second filmmaker to make a return trip to the DC Films universe, as Justice League will be Zack Snyder's third such offering after Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

At the risk of beating an old drum, if Warner Bros. really wants to push the "filmmaker-driven" idea for these superhero spectaculars, getting Ayer to return is a big step in that specific direction. And yeah, as I've said before about this project as it has been discussed over the last year, this is exactly the kind of thing the DC Films universe should be doing. I know I've been hard on them this year, although wait until you see my "underrated of 2016 list," but offering spin-offs based around fan-favorite female characters is precisely the way to differentiate itself from the likes of the MCU and Fox's X-Men-ish universe. It's good for the pocketbook, and (male director notwithstanding) good for the soul.

Will it be good? Does it matter? The idea of a bunch of female villains (and presumably a few female heroes... You can sell a lot of Batgirl merchandise) taking the lead in their own ensemble caper is unique enough that it will arguably be a big deal no matter how good or bad it is. And yeah, this announcement goes into my (unsolicited) advice concerning an emphasis on character spin-offs or ensemble "everyone into the pool" adventures over straight sequels. A movie starring Harley Quinn and a bunch of fan-favorite DC Comics female heroes and villains, pitched at the generations that grew up with Batman: The Animated Series, Young Justice and (possibly, content pending) the generation just now getting into DC Superhero Girls? Yeah, let's all start practicing our "Wow, I can't believe it was so successful!" faces in the mirror right now.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 9:40am On Dec 14, 2016
Zack Snyder‘s Justice League is still a little less than a year away, but as all who have seen the trailer know, the tone will be considerably lighter and more fun than previous DC Comics films. Today, we had an exclusive chat with actor Jeremy Irons at the Assassin’s Creed junket and asked him if the tonal course correction since the poor reception of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has made him change the way he plays Batman’s faithful butler Alfred Pennyworth in Justice League.

“No, Alfred is a stickler for staying the same,” Irons told us. “He tries to modulate everybody else. In a very gentle, English way he tries to deal with these people who can do all these extraordinary things in a very calm way, a very grounded way. He does not modulate at all. He sometimes lets Bruce Wayne out a bit on the lead, but he’s still attached.”

Not changing Alfred is a good idea, as his tough, sarcastic Alfred was one of the few universally-praised aspects of the film. It’s also interesting to note that Irons makes it clear that he will be interacting with more than just Bruce Wayne in the film, so we can’t wait to see a scene between him and Wonder Woman, Flash or Superman.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 8:36pm On Dec 14, 2016
Ben Affleck Reveals Spring Shooting Date For ‘The Batman’!
December 14, 2016 Collin Sapp 0 Comment Ben Affleck, DC Comics, DCEU, The Batman
In a recent interview for his latest film, Live By Night, Ben Affleck to some time to speak with Variety about his next film, The Batman.

For awhile all we heard from Affleck was that the script was still being worked on, with no hints as to when the film will begin shooting or even be released. We got our first clue from the film’s big bad, Joe Mangienello/Deathstroke, a few weeks ago saying they would begin filming this year (2017). Now we have it on good authority from Affleck himself that the film should commence principal photography in the spring. A quote from the Variety article states,

“Affleck indicated that he expected the film will begin shooting in the Spring.”

Then we are given a quote from Affleck himself saying,

“We’re on the right track with that and everything is coming together. We’re still finishing up a script. I’m very excited.”

So what do you guys think of the news that, The Batman, will begin filming next Spring?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
ENTERTAINMENT titan DC Comics will film its first movie in Australia after Federal Treasurer Scott Morrison agreed to pay the superhero franchise almost $22 million to bring Aquaman to the Gold Coast.

The blockbuster deal, which will create almost 1200 jobs and pump $160 million into the local economy, will be officially announced by Mr Morrison and Arts Minister Mitch Fifield at the Gold Coast today.

An excited Treasurer agreed to pay more to attract the global phenomenon to the Glitter Strip, beating other countries vying for the money spinner.

Game of Thrones’ Jason Momoa as Aquaman. Picture: Warner Bros
Aquaman will star Game of Thrones beefcake Jason Momoa and Amber Heard, Johnny Depp’s ex, who made international headlines after Barnaby Joyce put her in the doghouse last year for smuggling her terriers Pistol and Boo into Australia.

The movie also brings home Australian director James Wan, who worked on Saw and the successful ­Furious 7.

The investment comes as the new film Thor: Ragnarok has finished filming at the Gold Coast.

Member for Forde Bert van Manen said that building those sets, equipment and other general maintenance for Thor cost $500,000 that was spent at Oxenford’s Bunnings alone.

Mr Morrison’s one-off grant for Aquaman tops up the Location Offset, which subsidises a film company based on the amount of production expenditure in Australia. That will be listed in Monday’s Midyear Economic and Fiscal Outlook.

“Making movies is core business for the Gold Coast, supporting jobs and businesses throughout the region. Our decision to back in Thor was a marvel and so will be our decision to back Aquaman,” Mr Morrison said yesterday.

Tourism Minister Steven Ciobo will today release an Australian Screen Production Industry Capability Report, and that will reveal that in the past five years, about 50 feature films were produced in Australia each year.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 6:11am On Dec 15, 2016
WHEN IT TAKES A GOD TO MAKE AQUAMAN COOLER!!!
YOU'RE THE BEST, ZACK!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
Comic Drops DC Comics DCEU Movies News 
Patrick Wilson Talks ‘Ocean Master’ In ‘Aquaman’

December 17, 2016 David Hutchison 0 Comment Aquaman, DC, Ocean Master, Patrick Wilson, WB
A few days ago it was officially announced that Patrick Wilson would be playing the character of ‘Ocean Master’ in DC’s Aquaman which hits theatres in the latter half of 2018. In a recent interview with WBT, Wilson spoke about his role and working with the film’s director James Wan…

“What’s gonna be interesting is there hasn’t been the technology to back up the storytelling, I guess, for Aquaman until now. And for me, of course, I’m completely biased with James Wan, who I’ve done four films with, knowing that he’s at the helm and knowing what he can do and what he will do, I’ll do anything with him. I think the lure of Aquaman [is] because he hasn’t been overexposed on screen. And I don’t know Jason, I can’t wait to meet him. I was a huge fan even from the first episode of Game of Thrones, so I’m in with him, and he’s gonna be fantastic.”

Put Patrick Wilson in anything and you can bet he will be great. Wilson apparently also revealed that he has a costume fitting next week. Both Jason Momoa as ‘Aquaman’ and Amber Heard as ‘Mera’ both looks great in their suits for Justice League so we’re hoping that Wilson’s suit will look just as good.

Production for Aquaman begins in the middle of next year and the film is set to release on October 5th 2018!

What do you think about Patrick Wilson as ‘Ocean Master’ in Aquaman?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2016
kryptonian1987:

Comic Drops DC Comics DCEU Movies News 
Patrick Wilson Talks ‘Ocean Master’ In ‘Aquaman’

December 17, 2016 David Hutchison 0 Comment Aquaman, DC, Ocean Master, Patrick Wilson, WB
A few days ago it was officially announced that Patrick Wilson would be playing the character of ‘Ocean Master’ in DC’s Aquaman which hits theatres in the latter half of 2018. In a recent interview with WBT, Wilson spoke about his role and working with the film’s director James Wan…

“What’s gonna be interesting is there hasn’t been the technology to back up the storytelling, I guess, for Aquaman until now. And for me, of course, I’m completely biased with James Wan, who I’ve done four films with, knowing that he’s at the helm and knowing what he can do and what he will do, I’ll do anything with him. I think the lure of Aquaman [is] because he hasn’t been overexposed on screen. And I don’t know Jason, I can’t wait to meet him. I was a huge fan even from the first episode of Game of Thrones, so I’m in with him, and he’s gonna be fantastic.”

Put Patrick Wilson in anything and you can bet he will be great. Wilson apparently also revealed that he has a costume fitting next week. Both Jason Momoa as ‘Aquaman’ and Amber Heard as ‘Mera’ both looks great in their suits for Justice League so we’re hoping that Wilson’s suit will look just as good.

Production for Aquaman begins in the middle of next year and the film is set to release on October 5th 2018!

What do you think about Patrick Wilson as ‘Ocean Master’ in Aquaman?
i've waited for this since centuries. Now Barry, where are you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (1544) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.