Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,672 members, 7,862,103 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:40 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1256412 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (1544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 8:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
Minemrys:

i've waited for this since centuries. Now Barry, where are you?

no b only you o, bro....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2016
Here's the first photo of the Flash, Batman and Wonder Woman from upcoming Justice League movie. Very exciting to see this pictures! What do you think, guys?

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:51pm On Dec 20, 2016
TonySpike:
Here's the first photo of the Flash, Batman and Wonder Woman from upcoming Justice League movie. Very exciting to see this pictures! What do you think, guys?
i don't like the cinematography of this film. Feels kinda off.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
Minemrys:

i don't like the cinematography of this film. Feels kinda off.
What about the cinematography don't you like? I think it has a "Game of Throne" feel in terms of both story and visuals. Also, don't forget that the cinematographer for GOT was hired for this movie, that might explain your issue. That said, based on the story/plotline of Justice League as explained by Chris Terrio, the GOT epic feel will be mostly needed at the beginning of the movie and most likely, in the third act. I think this new approach might breathe life to the style of making superhero movies. I suggest we wait and see the outcome, bro.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 10:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
I like my DC's stories "UNDILUTED" ;d

Warner Bros. and DC Films released a new photo from the upcoming Justice League movie on Tuesday morning. There was little context surrounding it but having visited the set, Comicbook.com can flesh out some details of the scene.

Be warned: spoilers for a couple of scenes from Justice League follow.

Batman, The Flash, and Wonder Woman are in a Gotham ventilation tower in this photo. It was a massive set built for an action scene. The group gets word of a parademon nest after a conversation with Commissioner Gordon and set out in Batman's new four-legged Crawler vehicle (a formidable spider-like tank which can crawl up walls).

Digging their way through a tunnel to the ventilation shaft on (or near) Stryker's Island, Batman's Crawler uses various weapons to fend off ravenous parademons trying to attack them. Once inside, they find a massive horde of the creatures and fight their way out, including a sequence on a long and broken bridge outside of the shaft. 

Eventually, the Crawler ends up buried in water as the ventilation shaft presumably ends up flooded. Cue: Aquaman's entrance? It sure does look like someone made a surprising entrance by tossing Wonder Woman's shield down there! In any case, concept art showed the three heroes standing on top of the Crawler as it became consumed by water.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
TonySpike:

What about the cinematography don't you like? I think it has a "Game of Throne" feel in terms of both story and visuals. Also, don't forget that the cinematographer for GOT was hired for this movie, that might explain your issue. That said, based on the story/plotline of Justice League as explained by Chris Terrio, the GOT epic feel will be mostly needed at the beginning of the movie and most likely, in the third act. I think this new approach might breathe life to the style of making superhero movies. I suggest we wait and see the outcome, bro.
Now this is where they are going wrong. They started the Dceu by giving it a realistic feel akin with the present times and present problems. Why go back mid way to giving the Dceu a mythical feel? I guess they should've started with a mythical feel by 1st giving us a new gods film, arthurian legend film based in the dceu, krypton film with russel crowe rather than cavill as the lead. A thanagar film then Man of steel and so on. Now it all feels muddled. Loosing faith in the DCEU. Wish they could just make all these a dream Barry Allen is stuck in during his 9 m0nths in c0ma. Then we'd awaken to the real DCEU. <thank God we have flash to correct any miscrepancies>

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abbarhs: 10:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
I really like the approach dceu movies are adapting .but it will not "breath life" to superhero movies because it already has life .i like d dark feel of d dceu but I prefer d lively and cheerful mcu and the matured Netflix series in d universe.ps I really love dceu movies don't get me wrong o. cheesy

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abbarhs: 10:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
TonySpike:
great costume wow you can almost smell their personalities in dis picture
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:47am On Dec 21, 2016
Minemrys:

Now this is where they are going wrong. They started the Dceu by giving it a realistic feel akin with the present times and present problems. Why go back mid way to giving the Dceu a mythical feel? I guess they should've started with a mythical feel by 1st giving us a new gods film, arthurian legend film based in the dceu, krypton film with russel crowe rather than cavill as the lead. A thanagar film then Man of steel and so on. Now it all feels muddled. Loosing faith in the DCEU. Wish they could just make all these a dream Barry Allen is stuck in during his 9 m0nths in c0ma. Then we'd awaken to the real DCEU. <thank God we have flash to correct any miscrepancies>

How best will you handle a great war fought by ancient races of Atlanteans, Amazonians and men against Darkseid and his minions on earth? I heard this is how the movie will begin and this explains the mythical introduction to the DCEU. The third act, I suspect, will be an all-outwar between Stepphenwolf and Justice League. This again will need some mythical handling. So, I support the GOT feel to some extent, but some modern scenes will majorly come to play also.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:31am On Dec 21, 2016
"Breathe it in, that's fear.... you're not brave... men are brave..."
"You were never a god ... you were never even a man"

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
New wonder woman image

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 6:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
Just came across this
Classic flash and trickster brought to the current flash series. Genius

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
Two Characters Added To Justice League
Charlie Ridgely- 12/22/20161 comments
Start Photo Gallery
According to their 2017 movie press kit, Warner Bros. has confirmed that two famous DC characters will be appearing in the upcoming Justice League movie.

The kit states that Jesse Eisenberg will have a featured role in the film, which means that Lex Luthor will be reprising his role. The kit also announced that Queen Hippolyta will be in the film, with Connie Nielson reprising the role from the upcoming Wonder Woman stand-alone.

Lex Luthor had a starring role in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice this past year. Eisenberg's portrayal of the character was met with mixed feelings from fans an critics, but the folks over at DC seemed to like his performance.

The actor had teased his return in Justice League, but the studio, nor the creative team, had anything to say regarding his future. Last time audiences saw Luthor, he was taken to the infamous Belle Reve prison.

While audiences haven't see Queen Hippolyta in a DC film yet, they will be getting their first taste in June's Wonder Woman. The mother of Wonder Woman reigns supreme over the land of Themyscira, and it looks like either she, or her country, will have a part to play in the Justice League story.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 9:46am On Dec 23, 2016
am thinking Christopher Nolan to direct The flash....... anyone agree with me?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
Kingrapha:
while that is a good suggestion, I don't think Chris Nolan will be available for this project. Secondly, I don't think Nolan will suit the vision of this existing DC Universe.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2016
Kingrapha:

mine would be Josh Wheddon. I think he can give us a solid arc.... He's a director that can do justice to a character characterized with humor and fun, which Flash's motif is on such.
Nolan's direct is more of somber and gritty tone which will betrayed/killed the very essence of Flash's charisma....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
kryptonian1987:

mine would be Josh Wheddon. I think he can give us a solid arc.... He's a director that can do justice to a character characterized with humor and fun, which Flash's motif is on such.
Nolan's direct is more of somber and gritty tone which will betrayed/killed the very essence of Flash's charisma....
n0lan can do hum0r. The only thing is, the film would be grounded in reality. With imagery etc.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2016
Minemrys:

n0lan can do hum0r. The only thing is, the film would be grounded in reality. With imagery etc.

Maybe because I'm not his fan.... grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:13pm On Dec 24, 2016
TonySpike:

while that is a good suggestion, I don't think Chris Nolan will be available for this project. Secondly, I don't think Nolan will suit the vision of this existing DC Universe.
Nolan will do a great. job with the Reverse. flash. character who is a lot like. the joker..... and we all know. how the Batman trilogy. played out....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 8:22am On Dec 25, 2016
Justice League: Batman And Superman To Argue Over LeadershipJamie Lovett-12/24/20166 commentsNewsletterStart Photo GalleryIt sounds like fans may be in for a second round ofBatmanvSuperman, though a much more lighthearted one, in Justice League.Superman will somehow return from the dead to join the DC Films Justice League. Having been assembled by Batman, the Dark Knight naturally feels like he should assume leadership. The Man of Steel may feel differently, though."There's pretty much an argument betweenhim and Batman as to who is the leader," Henry Cavill, the Superman star, toldTotal Film.UPDATE: Cavill said the same thing during aninterview on Jimmy Kimmel Live!in March. Total Film did not mention the interview, so it is unclear if they were referencing the episode or if Kimmel simplytold them the same story, as actors tend to do when promoting a new movie.The last time Superman and Batman had an argument, things got pretty rough. Someone died. It was a whole big deal. However, this time, look for less punching and more jokes. This "argument" will be banter rather than battle, which is probably for the best.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 4:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
moneyallowed:
Maybe we should change the title of this thread to rivals watch lol........ I remember this time last year, when people were predicting the final box office returns of the 2016 cbms, the general consensus here on else where on Nairaland was

BvS - the conservative estimate then was 1.5 billion. Some were even saying 2 billion but most dceu fans predicted it would outgross Avengers. No one and I mean no one predicted less than a billion dollars,and y'all still trying to spin this as a positive. OK oo. Suicide Squad was the only DCEU movie that exceeded expectations, and that's in spite and not because of how bland it was. Those calling Doctor Strange formulaic should watch Suicide Squad for a change

Deadpool and Doctor Strange were all predicted to make 500 million or less, they're both resounding successes, Doctor Strange will outgross Man of Steel, think about that for a second: a movie about a superhero I'm sure most of you never knew about, even Hardcore MCU fans don't know much about him, will make more money than a movie about the most popular superhero in the world.

The next person I see bashing my beloved Doctor Strange, I'll gonna chase with koboko! Let DC make a movie

Hahaha, did you say that Doctor Strange will outgross Man of Steel? Wake up and smell da coffee, man! Doctor Strange has lost over 3300 cinemas in the US alone and currently stands at $657 million, $12 million shy of MOS. I don't see Doctor Strange earning beyond $662 million eventually cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
-double post-
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 4:34pm On Dec 27, 2016
kryptonian1987:
Justice League: Batman And Superman To Argue Over LeadershipJamie Lovett-12/24/20166 commentsNewsletterStart Photo GalleryIt sounds like fans may be in for a second round ofBatmanvSuperman, though a much more lighthearted one, in Justice League.Superman will somehow return from the dead to join the DC Films Justice League. Having been assembled by Batman, the Dark Knight naturally feels like he should assume leadership. The Man of Steel may feel differently, though."There's pretty much an argument betweenhim and Batman as to who is the leader," Henry Cavill, the Superman star, toldTotal Film.UPDATE: Cavill said the same thing during aninterview on Jimmy Kimmel Live!in March. Total Film did not mention the interview, so it is unclear if they were referencing the episode or if Kimmel simplytold them the same story, as actors tend to do when promoting a new movie.The last time Superman and Batman had an argument, things got pretty rough. Someone died. It was a whole big deal. However, this time, look for less punching and more jokes. This "argument" will be banter rather than battle, which is probably for the best.

Batman and Superman are not yet friends in the DCEU, so I am not surprised by this news. This strictly follows the events of BvS.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
740megawatts:

Batman and Superman are not yet friends in the DCEU, so I am not surprised by this news. This strictly follows the events of BvS.

Yea. you're right...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by moneyallowed(m): 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2016
740megawatts:

Hahaha, did you say that Doctor Strange will outgross Man of Steel? Wake up and smell da coffee, man! Doctor Strange has lost over 3300 cinemas in the US alone and currently stands at $657 million, $12 million shy of MOS. I don't see Doctor Strange earning beyond $662 million eventually cheesy

Sorry to disappoint you but Doctor Strange is yet to open in Japan. That alone guarantees it'll outgross MoS. So my point still stands

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 6:53am On Dec 28, 2016
740megawatts:

I think Dr Strange final gross will surpass MOS, cause one territory is still left; and that is Japan....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by obinna5000(m): 8:41am On Dec 28, 2016
Wonder Woman & Justice League movies are coming in 2017.
Which one do you predict will have both critical and commercial success?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
obinna5000:

WW will... cause critics hate Zack Snyder, and they have gradually and progressively infected most fans with their hates on Zack. that's my reason why WW will carry the day.
I predict........:
Critics:
WW 65%
JL 45%
Fans:
WW 70
JL 65%
that's my scores...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
obinna5000:
hopefully, both. But i could be wrong.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
kryptonian1987:

WW will... cause critics hate Zack Snyder, and they have gradually and progressively infected most fans with their hates on Zack. that's my reason why WW will carry the day.
I predict........:
Critics:
WW 65%
JL 45%
Fans:
WW 70
JL 65%
that's my scores...
Lol critics don't hate Zack , they have given him good reviews like 300 the movie ..... what they hate is the DCEU

but here's my prediction
approval rating by critics
wonder woman: 75%
Justice league: 65% and they sure will yap about how wonder woman was better..

box office
ww: 700 - 850 million $
jl : 0.8 -1.1 billion $ its just a prediction oooo

But Generally sha from the trailers ww is looking better than Jl.
and you can just tell it would be a success

meanwhile: who is pumped about Gotham city sirens wink
and can some one give me the current Dceu slate...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 8:27am On Dec 30, 2016
Kingrapha:
Lol critics don't hate Zack , they have given him good reviews like 300 the movie ..... what they hate is the DCEU

but here's my prediction
approval rating by critics
wonder woman: 75%
Justice league: 65% and they sure will yap about how wonder woman was better..

box office
ww: 700 - 850 million $
jl : 0.8 -1.1 billion $ its just a prediction oooo

But Generally sha from the trailers ww is looking better than Jl.
and you can just tell it would be a success

meanwhile: who is pumped about Gotham city sirens wink
and can some one give me the current Dceu slate...

Nope. critics hate him....or should I used most? 300 and Watchmen, especially Watchmen was a masterpiece yet they gave it 65% or so...
I think I've watched silly movies from directors they (critics) love gotten high score... e g "Miss Peregrine and the Peculiar Children" by Burton.... that movie was out rightly boring, and if you need described a movie as less fun then I think this should be the perfect one... there are also many... What about The BGF.....or what, from Steven Spielberg? terrible one too... I can go on and on...
Critics do have respect and loyalty to some directors, whether their movies are bad critics don't care. They will still go ahead to consensusly certified them fresh...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 8:41am On Dec 30, 2016
The BGF was an exceptional movie bro, yet it didn't gross nearly as much as Suicide Squad which was subpar. Where is the justice in that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (1544) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.