Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1227643 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2020
pu7pl3:

Add Cyborg and Shazam to the list bro...he became popular when the new 52 continuity started in 2011, he replaced Jonn as a founding JL member that's why they used him in the film's instead of Jonn..he is just as popular if not more popular than Jonn
still n0t integral. Wb can decide to make a jl 2 without the character and n0thing would change. You can't say that for the trinity and flash.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2020
Minemrys:

still n0t integral. Wb can decide to make a jl 2 without the character and n0thing would change. You can't say that for the trinity and flash.

My point is...he is popular, simple
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
pu7pl3:

My point is...he is popular, simple
the argument wasn't about his popularity sha. No matter how popular he is, he isn't up there with the big 5 of the Jl. And thus, he can be written off without people batting an eye. He isn't even popular as lois lane. Cyborg doesn't even have a well kn0wn supporting cast.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2020
Minemrys:

the argument wasn't about his popularity sha. No matter how popular he is, he isn't up there with the big 5 of the Jl. And thus, he can be written off without people batting an eye. He isn't even popular as lois lane. Cyborg doesn't even have a well kn0wn supporting cast.

Guy leave this matter my match go soon start
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2020
pu7pl3:

Guy leave this matter my match go soon start
lol, how u no go talk. La liga this seas0n d0n set for you na.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2020
Minemrys:

they w0n't recast, cos that'll bring a bad image for the studio. They'd rather recast martian manhunter with a younger actor and write Fisher out with Flashpoint. Studio is all politics and publicity, wb wouldn't want backlash. Especially fr0m BLM and other rights activists. You fired a black guy just for voicing out, that doesn't sit well. It'd make Fisher the hero and wb the big bad.

True, that's why I said it won't be instant... They'll slowly phase him out... You won't see him in future projects meaning he's written out of the timeline..

Then the next 5-7yrs they'll cast another Actor. When most people must have forgotten about who Portrayed what. That's if Cyborg still remains in their Franchise building. Then it'll look like it's a new project and they never really had plans for Cyborg yet.... In essence it's a Recasteither way.

It's only if the new Warner Bros/AT&T Executives don't take offense from his antics, that's the only way his head gets saved.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
pu7pl3:

his own case might end up being different...

My main opposition was calling cyborg a fringe character

Wetin you dey argue... It's pretty obvious Cyborg is a Fringe Character in the DCEU at the moment...maybe until SnyderCut. grin

In comics? No. DCEU ? YES!!! tongue
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:37pm On Sep 26, 2020
pu7pl3:

No talk like that bro...

Why not?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 8:42pm On Sep 26, 2020

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:45pm On Sep 26, 2020
pu7pl3:

Add Cyborg and Shazam to the list bro...he became popular when the new 52 continuity started in 2011, he replaced Jonn as a founding JL member that's why they used him in the film's instead of Jonn..he is just as popular if not more popular than Jonn

Last last Shazam sef still popular pass Cyborg. grin grin

Popular pass J'onn no still make am last before Aquaman— A joke of the century, collect Solo film sharpaly. Him dey there dey drag bragging rights. Characters like Martian and Cyborg can easily be replaced in JL without much shout. The likes of Hawkman, Batgirl, Black Canary, Zatanna go easily replace them without noise.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
Nickshrapnel:

Black Hawkman??

Don't know this one bro...
I'd personally prefer a Nicola Coster-Waldau or other Hunking guys I can't remember. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2020
Ok.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2020
abduleez1:

Black Hawkman??

Don't know this one bro...
I'd personally prefer a Nicola Coster-Waldau or other Hunking guys I can't remember. undecided
it makes sense c0nsidering hawkman is meant to be egyptian. And hey, he reincarnates, so he can be white. But if they're going with the egyptian part instead of the thanagarian lore, then it makes sense.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
abduleez1:

Last last Shazam sef still popular pass Cyborg. grin grin

Popular pass J'onn no still make am last before Aquaman— A joke of the century, collect Solo film sharpaly. Him dey there dey drag bragging rights. Characters like Martian and Cyborg can easily be replaced in JL without much shout. The likes of Hawkman, Batgirl, Black Canary, Zatanna go easily replace them without noise.

Nah...they can't replace him that easily...as long as the story has to do with Apokoliptan(or any alien tech for that matter)...
Y'all are just sleeping on Cyborg tbh...I'm glad Zach knows how important he is tho
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:12pm On Sep 26, 2020
abduleez1:

Wetin you dey argue... It's pretty obvious Cyborg is a Fringe Character in the DCEU at the moment...maybe until SnyderCut. grin

In comics? No. DCEU ? YES!!! tongue

Him and Flash were the most crucial part of Snyder's vision, don't get it twisted
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2020
Minemrys:

lol, how u no go talk. La liga this seas0n d0n set for you na.

e no set anything...I didn't have a good pre-seaaon
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
pu7pl3:

e no set anything...I didn't have a good pre-seaaon
lol. Which pers0n pre seas0n set?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:58am On Sep 27, 2020
Minemrys:

it makes sense c0nsidering hawkman is meant to be egyptian. And hey, he reincarnates, so he can be white. But if they're going with the egyptian part instead of the thanagarian lore, then it makes sense.

True... I didn't actually expect him to be THIS Black. grin Brown maybe. grin

But Man, the Social media war is on mates... Black vs White. Whitewashing vs Race Appropriation. Omo this Hawkman casting dey very divisive.
Now e remain Cyclone and Isis. And of cos Dr Fate— The Casting I'm more anticipated for.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 1:01am On Sep 27, 2020
pu7pl3:

Him and Flash were the most crucial part of Snyder's vision, don't get it twisted

Yeah yeah. That's SnyderCut. And as far as I'm concerned, it ain't released yet, so.......

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 1:04am On Sep 27, 2020
Hmm, I can picture this working. grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 1:05am On Sep 27, 2020
undecided

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:50am On Sep 27, 2020
abduleez1:

True... I didn't actually expect him to be THIS Black. grin Brown maybe. grin

But Man, the Social media war is on mates... Black vs White. Whitewashing vs Race Appropriation. Omo this Hawkman casting dey very divisive.
Now e remain Cyclone and Isis. And of cos Dr Fate— The Casting I'm more anticipated for.
i knew they were going to cast a black guy in the role. Egyptians aren't white people. They've got blacks, lightskinned, mixed. They're africans. Kn0wing the Rock, i knew he'd go with that. The outrage goes to show how vile and racist humans are over little inc0nsequential things. Hawkman has always being Katar hol/carter hall. They're going with Prince Khufu, they shouldn't expect a white man playing an african prince. This is what Legends of t0m0rrow and gods of egypt did that ann0ys me. It's like saying, just cos asians are lightskinned, let's have one play d0nald trump in a bio pic.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 7:35am On Sep 27, 2020
Minemrys:

It's like saying, just cos asians are lightskinned, let's have one play d0nald trump in a bio pic.
They can actually grin After all, we’ve had an Englishman played an Asian.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:06am On Sep 27, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
They can actually grin After all, we’ve had an Englishman played an Asian.
lol, in what m0vie? Who's the actor?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 8:22am On Sep 27, 2020
Minemrys:

lol, in what m0vie? Who's the actor?
Christopher Lee in Jinnah even Rami Malek played Freddie
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:37am On Sep 27, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
that's white washing.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:01am On Sep 27, 2020
Minemrys:

i knew they were going to cast a black guy in the role. Egyptians aren't white people. They've got blacks, lightskinned, mixed. They're africans. Kn0wing the Rock, i knew he'd go with that. The outrage goes to show how vile and racist humans are over little inc0nsequential things. Hawkman has always being Katar hol/carter hall. They're going with Prince Khufu, they shouldn't expect a white man playing an african prince. This is what Legends of t0m0rrow and gods of egypt did that ann0ys me. It's like saying, just cos asians are lightskinned, let's have one play d0nald trump in a bio pic.

Yeah I know Egyptians aren't white and got all shades of color and the Dark Skinned Nubians.

Well, the so called "PURISTS" won't agree with that, with their Original White Carter Hall narrative. Also they got used to using White actors portraying other races. Eg Liam Neeson playing Arabic Raa's Al Ghul, also Latino Bane by Hardy. grin

Little wonder Gods of Egypt failed woefully critically and Financially. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:08am On Sep 27, 2020
Nickshrapnel:

Is Rami Malek white? I thought he's Asian.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:55am On Sep 27, 2020
Minemrys:

lol. Which pers0n pre seas0n set?

you played up to 3 matches in pre-seaaon na undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:58am On Sep 27, 2020
Y'all are making much ado about nothing

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 12:00pm On Sep 27, 2020
abduleez1:

Is Rami Malek white? I thought he's Asian.
He's of egyptian descent
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:42pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
He's of egyptian descent

Ok. I always thought he's Arab. Thanks for the clarification. wink

He played an Arabian character na in Freddie ala Bohemian Rhapsody.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.