Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1230207 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2021
Minemrys:

i have to agree and disagree with you. One thing about c0mpetiti0n is, it's n0t by how l0ng or how new one is but what you bring to the table. These studios mostly have remakes, sequel up0n sequel being churned out, spin offs. But netflix m0st times dish out original stuff, grant creative freed0m. Hence, it's all about their strength and ingenuity.

The bolded has buttressed my point. These new streaming services are bringing the most beloved movies franchises to the streaming screen.

Franchises like DC, Marvel, Star wars, GOT, LOTR, Classic cartoons, Monsterverse, Wizardry world etc to the big screens while also dishing out original content (with the exception of Disney as they lack originality).

I think Amazon just spent a whopping $1bn just to get the TV series right and produce LOTR show. You think any studio will cough out that huge amount if not to win over fans of this franchise?

Netflix has the stranger things franchise but the need to build more and fast
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

After butcher's wife, how many woman did he womanize?

Well, if he was a womanizer, he wouldn't threaten to kill stormfront initially, rather he would've toasted her. He would have also toasted the female secretary who's always with the seven.

He was jerking off because stormfrost isn't whole again after his son blasted her. It's like saying people that masturbate are womanizers.

Also, did you see his reaction when he saw stormfront's limbs being shredded?

they didn't menti0n it, but you got to fill it in fr0m John's predatory nature that if he did rape a w0man once, then he could do it to others and voight would hide it. The guy is a celeb. It's in the scenes na, how he l0oks at w0men and how he's got an ego and all. The guy is a sexual predator. He threatened to kill st0rmfr0nt cos she challenged his authority. C0me on, pay attenti0n to the scenes. John craves attenti0n, and st0rmfr0nt came taking it away fr0m him. He c0nfr0nted her only for the chick to seduce him. Plus, the seas0n 2 hasn't really been abt h0melander, so we d0n't kn0w who he has toasted or n0t. By the way, he doesn't need to. Again, he may n0t be sexually attracted to the secretary.
Speaking of the secretary, remember the scene where John slapped that guy she recruited? That scene still cracks me up. I d0n't think John had genuine feelings for Nazi fr0nt. Just as he didn't for elizabeth shue's character. Him having an expressi0n is just having him n0t be all evil or sympathetic. In real life, we actually lust and think we are in love. It doesn't mean if the pers0n is in pain, we w0n't feel for the pers0n.
For s0me0ne to masturbate, it shows they love sex, which directly places them in the positi0n of w0manizing to satisfy that urge. H0melander loves it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Netflix is already feeling the streaming wars' heat. They have no choice than to step up. cheesy

However, this is a drop from their 120 movies per year, fyi

Lol, you don't mean it.... grin

120 high quality Trash Vs 70 High brow Decent budgeted movies..... grin grin

Na us this war go favour pass..... Netflix ride on. I actually like their production speed and rate...

Now they're signing big Actors, Directors, Buying Big IP's and the likes. They got Kevin Hart a four movie deal for some good amount, same for Nicole Kidman and them others.
Now they'll have all the Buzz and fanfare....it's late 2021 and 2022 they'll start to know no one's smiling with 'em. HBOMax will be debuting The Last Of Us, House of Dragon in 2022 and 2 DC movies. Also most of HBOMax planned (major) series will start premiere that year. Also don't forget DC New series like JL Dark and Green Lantern Corps.
Na that time dem go know what's up. grin grin

Amazon is reeling out LOTR this year, Disney+ is dishing out 3/4 Marvel series this year. No joy for Netflix cos their series they got planned ain't as Big as other Major streamers. Only Biggie I see going for em is The Witcher with Henry Cavill's star power. The next Biggie I can think of next for them is Avatar like action.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

The bolded has buttressed my point. These new streaming services are bringing the most beloved movies franchises to the streaming screen.

Franchises like DC, Marvel, Star wars, GOT, LOTR, Classic cartoons, Monsterverse, Wizardry world etc to the big screens while also dishing out original content (with the exception of Disney as they lack originality).

I think Amazon just spent a whopping $1bn just to get the TV series right and produce LOTR show. You think any studio will cough out that huge amount if not to win over fans of this franchise?

Netflix has the stranger things franchise but the need to build more and fast
it's n0t exactly by beloved oh. It's all about ingenuity. Netflix can start branding themselves as an original c0ntent streaming site, and use that to get ahead. N0t every0ne wants to see lord of the rings or cb films every time. Like me, i am starting t0 l0ose interest in cb films and acti0n films. There are alot of people who fr0m time to time, want to see s0mething different. Netflix are g0od in this area. Check netflix's c0ntents, they aren't formulaic like disney films. They are a bit like wb and universal. So, we can't write netflix off. Be that as it may, we are in unchartered territory n0w and it only gets interesting.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Guy, you are the one who isn't arguing wisely but out of sentiment.

Google out the company worth for Netflix, Disney and AT&T and post it here so that we can all see if it correlates with the price of the stocks.

Zoom price is double the price of apple in the stock market. So, according to your analysis, zoom has far more worth than Apple, abi? cheesy

I can explain how the stock market works (but it ain't free)

Lol......
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by webhead: 9:47pm On Jan 14, 2021
abduleez1:
Old News.
okay. I didn't know that.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:48pm On Jan 14, 2021
Minemrys:

i have to agree and disagree with you. One thing about c0mpetiti0n is, it's n0t by how l0ng or how new one is but what you bring to the table. These studios mostly have remakes, sequel up0n sequel being churned out, spin offs. But netflix m0st times dish out original stuff, grant creative freed0m. Hence, it's all about their strength and ingenuity.

Lmao...... I dey laff....

And who give Netflix the Original producer title?? grin
Guy, Hollywood in general has been churning out unoriginal and rehashed sequels or prequels of former projects... Netflix inclusive.

If you're following Hollywood trends you'll know for free these days that Original content doesn't Pay and are a very risky business. That's why you see the wanton dive into old Properties which are sure to spin more money and more potential for a franchise.. That's why you see Reboots of old movies..some dead and forgotten franchises gathering dust. And they've proved to be successful. Also Hollywood ain't stopping anytime soon as long as they return profit yearly. grin

Eg. Look at Jumanji a old 90's franchise brought back to life. And it's balling. grin See Matrix, Jurassic World, Mad Max, The Shining, etc... It's easier to play safe and get profits than new Original risky projects.

Most of the projects you "think" or classify as "Original" actually isn't. Any adaptation you see in TV or movie isn't an Original no more. Cos it's adapted from an already existing franchise or work of art. Same for CBM's. Or Books i.e GOT, LOTR, Elder Scrolls, Wheel of Time, The Witcher, His Dark Materials, Percy Jackson.

Why are you seeing Studios going into Video Game Adaptations which was termed unsuccessful and a Curse in the last decade??
Now you're seeing Sonic, The Last Of Us, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Dungeons and Dragons, The Witcher, Halo, Pokémon/ Detective Pikachu.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:54pm On Jan 14, 2021
abduleez1:

Na us this war go favour pass..... Netflix ride on. I actually like their production speed and rate...

Now they're signing big Actors, Directors, Buying Big IP's and the likes. They got Kevin Hart a four movie deal for some good amount, same for Nicole Kidman and them others.
Now they'll have all the Buzz and fanfare....it's late 2021 and 2022 they'll start to know no one's smiling with 'em. HBOMax will be debuting The Last Of Us, House of Dragon in 2022 and 2 DC movies. Also most of HBOMax planned (major) series will start premiere that year. Also don't forget DC New series like JL Dark and Green Lantern Corps.

Amazon is reeling out LOTR this year, Disney+ is dishing out 3/4 Marvel series this year. No joy for Netflix cos their series they got planned ain't as Big as other Major streamers. Only Biggie I see going for em is The Witcher with Henry Cavill's star power. The next Biggie I can think of next for them is Avatar like action.

Exactly
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2021
abduleez1:

Lol......
grin grin grin

Tbh, there is no winner or loser in this argument between myself and philfearon. It's just for fun and enlightenment.

At the end of the streaming wars, the fans are the real winners

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:07pm On Jan 14, 2021
Minemrys:

it's n0t exactly by beloved oh. It's all about ingenuity. Netflix can start branding themselves as an original c0ntent streaming site, and use that to get ahead. N0t every0ne wants to see lord of the rings or cb films every time. Like me, i am starting t0 l0ose interest in cb films and acti0n films. There are alot of people who fr0m time to time, want to see s0mething different. Netflix are g0od in this area. Check netflix's c0ntents, they aren't formulaic like disney films. They are a bit like wb and universal. So, we can't write netflix off. Be that as it may, we are in unchartered territory n0w and it only gets interesting.

You forget that HBO is the king of ingenuity and originals abi?

Even Netflix aspired to be like HBO in terms of original content.

However, never under estimate beloved franchises. People will pay huge money to watch a remake of Lion king but few people will pay to watch original content of the irishman.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:12pm On Jan 14, 2021
@ Minemrys

Also I don't see Netflix as a bar of originality as they churn out mostly insignificant and forgettable movies.. They also do a lot of property acquisition which is based on Old material...

For example let's dive into Netflix's new Major Titles in the coming years:
IP Title..................... Adapted from
The Witcher (Unoriginal). (Books/Games)
The Last Airbender. (Unor.) (Anime/Manga)
The Elder Scrolls (Unor.). (Books)
Raising Dion (books)
The Dark Crystal. (Books)
Locke & Key (comics)
The Sandman (Comics)
The Old Guard. (Comics)
One Piece (Anime/Manga)
Cowboy Bebop. (Anime)
Jupiter's Legacy. (Comics)

Even with their supposed number of Original property or IP they are no match for the Big studios "Unoriginal" content cos Nostalgia will always play a big role. And fans trust a major franchise known to produce Quality content either Original or not over a new and unfamiliar Original content without any roots of familiarity in either the books, games, mythos, etc.

And for the past 3 years new and Original movies haven't been faring well at the Box Office.

Cc TheKingIsHere
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:18pm On Jan 14, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Tbh, there is no winner or loser in this argument between myself and philfearon. It's just for fun and enlightenment.

At the end of the streaming wars, the fans are the real winners

Yea, it's the fun and enlightenment that's why I like the convo.

It's entertaining and still intellectual simultaneously.

Nobody's wrong... everyone just positing his opinion with some facts and stats backing it up why he thinks this. grin

I swear, na we Audience go enjoy am most. That's why I dey happy. Because of their wars and Big Budget Prestige Series we're getting LOTR series and GOT prequel at once. Coupled with Avatar The Last Airbender. Thes are easily one of my series all time Faves. grin Especially more Fantasy big budget stories for we Fantasy Junkies. grin More Witcher, Wheel of Time, Percy Jackson, GOT, His Dark Materials etc. cheesy

If WB wan spoil matter make them just prepare Wizarding World for series and we in Valhalla. cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:45pm On Jan 14, 2021
Minemrys:

You keep forgetting HBO is the King of Original Content anywhere. They've got the Name,. They got the Track record...and now they're Getting the money and the backing. grin
If you look at HBO lists carefully you'll see they are very varied with content and Genre and the same time maintaining the Best quality industry wide.
HBO's top 10 shows have nothing in common.

I saw two recent projects from HBO and I was wowed that's when I came to the conclusion and conviction: "No One Can Usurp HBO's Post as Pacesetter for Top Notch quality projects". Check out
Raised By Wolves
Lovecraft Country

Those two have potential to be biggies especially LC.

HBO still has the potential to turn old unoriginal projects into Critical Hits and Cult following.... exhibited by what they did with Watchmen. Who taught Watchmen could be portrayed that way. cheesy
Look at Chernobyl and Euphoria. Their shows packs the Awards year in year out. grin

These peeps could create something outta nothin. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 5:39am On Jan 15, 2021
TheHulk616:
sorry for disturbing you. Do you know how a marvel fan like me, who is not lipsrsealed can buy stock in marvel. You know it wont make sense to be a marvel fan and not have stock or shares or dividend or those financial something
Download wealth.ng

Or meet a broker.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 5:43am On Jan 15, 2021
abduleez1:

You keep forgetting HBO is the King of Original Content anywhere. They've got the Name,. They got the Track record...and now they're Getting the money and the backing. grin
If you look at HBO lists carefully you'll see they are very varied with content and Genre and the same time maintaining the Best quality industry wide.
HBO's top 10 shows have nothing in common.

I saw two recent projects from HBO and I was wowed that's when I came to the conclusion and conviction: "No One Can Usurp HBO's Post as Pacesetter for Top Notch quality projects". Check out
Raised By Wolves
Lovecraft Country

Those two have potential to be biggies especially LC.

HBO still has the potential to turn old unoriginal projects into Critical Hits and Cult following.... exhibited by what they did with Watchmen. Who taught Watchmen could be portrayed that way. cheesy
Look at Chernobyl and Euphoria. Their shows packs the Awards year in year out. grin

These peeps could create something outta nothin. grin

Yes, you are correct bro.

When you add CINEMAX to the mix, it's even more original galore. Which is why it is understandable that Warner Bros lumped the two together into one. grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 6:07am On Jan 15, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Guy, you are the one who isn't arguing wisely but out of sentiment.

Google out the company worth for Netflix, Disney and AT&T and post it here so that we can all see if it correlates with the price of the stocks.

Zoom price is double the price of apple in the stock market. So, according to your analysis, zoom has far more worth than Apple, abi? cheesy

I can explain how the stock market works (but it ain't free)
Correlation! That's why i asked you to argue wisely.

Some things are pretty obvious and needs just common sense to understand. But, let me educate you.

In football, every upcoming talented footballer is likened to Lionel Messi. Why? The answer is obvious, isn't?

Disney+ and HBOMAX can only make their marketing stronger by linking Netflix into the mix. Your problem is that you don't understand that Netflix is like Hollywood unto itself at the moment.

Check the calendar for the year. How many series/movies did you see in Disney+ and HBOMAX template?

Now, compare That with Netflix. Did Netflix make all the movies/series coming to their platform in 2021 last year? Just because you are DC Fan doesn't mean you should start wading into things you practically have zero knowledge about.

Of course, you should know by now that a public company is as good as their stock. How do you think Elon Musk became the richest man on earth at the moment? It's because Tesla stock rose.

Netflix has one of the best performing stocks in the market at the moment. Their stock is bigger than both Walt Disney Company and AT&T combined. Their only business is just digital streaming and nothing else.

Does it make sense to you that as Disney+ and HBOMAX entered the streaming service, Netflix will just sit and watch them? It's simply common sense that Netflix will up their game.

Which is why I want to know exactly what your argument is about since more months now.

Regards.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 7:17am On Jan 15, 2021
philfearon:

When you add CINEMAX to the mix, it's even more original galore. Which is why it is understandable that Warner Bros lumped the two together into one. grin
CINEMAX wey I no know which kind problem them get. They wan cancel Warrior laidis
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 7:35am On Jan 15, 2021
Kaycee7:
CINEMAX wey I no know which kind problem them get. They wan cancel Warrior laidis

They will complete the series. Although according to Bruce Lee's daughter, they have to settle one or two mix ups. But, we are hopeful.
Warrior is currently streaming on HBOmax.

Hey guys, always check out https://uptownerd.com for interesting reads all the time.

If anyone also have Interesting articles or opinions they will like to share or publish, you are welcome. Just hit me up.

Uptownerd needs your uncommon opinion. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 7:49am On Jan 15, 2021
abduleez1:

I don't really see movie/series lovers opting-out (by unsubscribe) from one streaming app to another just because, HBOMAX or Disney+ is bringing the DC universe or Marvel universe to its playstore.
Like I said, true movie/series lovers will likely have all the major streaming apps and watch each movie or series (from either Netflix, Amazon, HBOMAX or Disney+) as they premiered....
I can't because am a DC fan ignore Amazon's LoTR series when it premiers, except I intended to download it illegally....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:46am On Jan 15, 2021
philfearon:

I swear... they are consolidating on CineMax original content.....now they've included CineMax biggest project recently Warrior to their Library. grin

One Area/Genre Where I think HBOMax should invest a bit more is Anime... That sector is really looking promising these days. Although they've got CrunchyRoll to satisfy Anime enthusiasts, I don't know much how many big titles they've got. Netflix has been seriously investing in Anime the past few years.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:00am On Jan 15, 2021
Kaycee7:
CINEMAX has been dissolved.....they no longer produce Original Programming for their viewers. It's cos of HBOMax arrival. AT&T is consolidating everything/ Sub Brands they have. Eg. DC Universe streaming Service also suffered the same casualty. They're merging everything into one massive Branding— HBOMax.

Warrior will definitely be picked up by HBOMax. They recently started streaming it. When they get it's performance stats they'll probably announce a new season. The Screenwriter already said they've written season 3 already but wrote season 2 as a finale cos of the CineMax cancellation news. Showrunner said they are waiting for HBOMax execs greenlight.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 11:04am On Jan 15, 2021
abduleez1:

I swear... they are consolidating on CineMax original content.....now they've included CineMax biggest project recently Warrior to their Library. grin

One Area/Genre Where I think HBOMax should invest a bit more is Anime... That sector is really looking promising these days. Although they've got CrunchyRoll to satisfy Anime enthusiasts, I don't know much how many big titles they've got. Netflix has been seriously investing in Anime the past few years.

Yeah, Netflix have gone far in that regard.

The HBO and CINEMAX combo is a match made in heaven. It will pay off in the long run if properly managed.

HBOMAX is a Platform for people like Zack Snyder to bring out their best creative works due to the freedom they grant directors. Netflix always believed same and it has guided them well. Now, both streaming platforms are waiting for the debut of Justice League (HBOMAX) and Army of the Dead (Netflix) to solidify further reassurances on him.

With HBO and CINEMAX doing their thing, Zack and Co will spearhead DC properties. DC Films will finally start being DC Films. We the fans win! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:18am On Jan 15, 2021
SMUAG:

I don't really see movie/series lovers opting-out (by unsubscribe) from one streaming app to another just because, HBOMAX or Disney+ is bringing the DC universe or Marvel universe to its playstore.
Like I said, true movie/series lovers will likely have all the major streaming apps and watch each movie or series (from either Netflix, Amazon, HBOMAX or Disney+) as they premiered....
I can't because am a DC fan ignore Amazon's LoTR series when it premiers, except I intended to download it illegally....

Lol, how many people do you think have the money to keep all major Streaming Services?? Most people have the wherewithal even in the US to keep just One or Two Streamer, not all.

When their favourite Shows premieres they'll simply cancel their subscription from a Streamer(when it expires) and hop on to the next Destination. That's why streamers in general are spending Big to keep their subscribers Attention because you can't have just ONE Thing/show to keep all your subscribers satisfied or stay Loyal.... If you can't have various big IPs to keep your subscribers you're toast.

Ask HBO, they lost half of their subscribers after the Finale of GOT. grin Imagine if they had Big Series from DC or Harry Potter franchise or even LOTR they'll most likely keep a significant amount of that Audience. I know how many people on my FB Group only subscribed to HBO for only the month which GOT was Premiering and hopping back out as soon as it was finished.

An Average person can't afford all Streamers at once, unless you're stinkingly rich. Torrent Downloads or unsubscribing and joining another streamer specifically to watch a Fave then back out to your preferred streamer is the most likely trend we'll see in the recent years to come.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:22am On Jan 15, 2021
philfearon:

Yeah, Netflix have gone far in that regard.

The HBO and CINEMAX combo is a match made in heaven. It will pay off in the long run if properly managed.

HBOMAX is a Platform for people like Zack Snyder to bring out their best creative works due to the freedom they grant directors. Netflix always believed same and it has guided them well. Now, both streaming platforms are waiting for the debut of Justice League (HBOMAX) and Army of the Dead (Netflix) to solidify further reassurances on him.

With HBO and CINEMAX doing their thing, Zack and Co will spearhead DC properties. DC Films will finally start being DC Films. We the fans win! grin

I couldn't have said it better. cheesy

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
abduleez1:

Lol, how many people do you think have the money to keep all major Streaming Services?? Most people have the wherewithal even in the US to keep just One or Two Streamer, not all.

When their favourite Shows premieres they'll simply cancel their subscription from a Streamer(when it expires) and hop on to the next Destination. That's why streamers in general are spending Big to keep their subscribers Attention because you can't have just ONE Thing/show to keep all your subscribers satisfied or stay Loyal.... If you can't have various big IPs to keep your subscribers you're toast.

Ask HBO, they lost half of their subscribers after the Finale of GOT. grin Imagine if they had Big Series from DC or Harry Potter franchise or even LOTR they'll most likely keep a significant amount of that Audience. I know how many people on my FB Group only subscribed to HBO for only the month which GOT was Premiering and hopping back out as soon as it was finished.

An Average person can't afford all Streamers at once, unless you're stinkingly rich. Torrent Downloads or unsubscribing and joining another streamer specifically to watch a Fave then back out to your preferred streamer is the most likely trend we'll see in the recent years to come.

Your points are legit, but the aspect of being "stinkingly rich" for one to afford all streaming sites is no no for me...
You don't need to be madly rich before you can, an average man can afford it, it just depends on your rage/desire for movies/series and what you actually want. The subscription is not the issue, the issue is when you keep streaming all movies and series without preference...
I have friends who spent more on anything games, yet they ain't even own the average list.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
philfearon:

Correlation! That's why i asked you to argue wisely.

Some things are pretty obvious and needs just common sense to understand. But, let me educate you.

Bro, seriously you should take your own advise cos as it stands I have been the one educating you.

I have buttressed my points with facts, figures and stats. You on the other hand only provided stock price which is of not use in this argument.

For example, you claimed that because Netflix stock price is higher than Disney and AT&T, it bigger than the two. Yet, you have not provided the screenshot of each companies worth which I request that you do so. And, you say I should argue wisely. Lol

I will do you a favour by posting a screenshot of the net worth of Netflix, Disney and AT&T (shown in Pic 1, 2 and 3). And as you can see from the images, despite AT&T have a share price of $29.50, it's worth is still bigger than Netflix. Even Disney despite being affected by the pandemic, it's net worth is close to that of Netflix. So, you bringing out share price is actually pointless.

In football, every upcoming talented footballer is likened to Lionel Messi. Why? The answer is obvious, isn't?
This here has no basis in this argument.

Disney+ and HBOMAX can only make their marketing stronger by linking Netflix into the mix. Your problem is that you don't understand that Netflix is like Hollywood unto itself at the moment.

You saying "I don't understand that Netflix is like Hollywood itself" is another blind argument. Blockbuster entertainment was also seen as Hollywood before Netflix came, now Blockbuster is no more.

One thing you should understand, is that no one can stand on top forever. As it stands, Netflix just lost the number 1 spot in the US in 2020 (as shown in pic 4).

Check the calendar for the year. How many series/movies did you see in Disney+ and HBOMAX template?

If netflix likes, let them release 1,000 movies. The question is are these movies 100% quality when compared to their competitors? Netflix released over 100 movies last year, yet, it didn't stop D+ from snatching US from them in 2020.

Now, compare That with Netflix. Did Netflix make all the movies/series coming to their platform in 2021 last year? Just because you are DC Fan doesn't mean you should start wading into things you practically have zero knowledge about.

This is another blind argument, yet na you go dey say argue wisely.

Despite me being a DC fan, I have stated how D+ has dominated the streaming wars last year and even how they have wrestled the number spot in the US from Netflix. Does Disney now own DC?

The difference between you and I in this argument is that I argue with facts, you on the other hand keep arguing based on sentiments.

Of course, you should know by now that a public company is as good as their stock. How do you think Elon Musk became the richest man on earth at the moment? It's because Tesla stock rose.

It's obvious you just started investing in the stock market because you have loooot to learn.

Elon Musk became the richest man in the world because he owns the largest share holding (20%) in Telsa (price is $800), once the price moves up his wealth increases. That's why he beat Jeff Bezos as the richest man despite Amazon share price is $3,127 (x4 of Telsa)..

Netflix has one of the best performing stocks in the market at the moment. Their stock is bigger than both Walt Disney Company and AT&T combined. Their only business is just digital streaming and nothing else.

Zoom is more than double the price of Apple in the stock market, will you now say because of the price, zoom company is far better than Apple? I seriously need you to answer this question.

Does it make sense to you that as Disney+ and HBOMAX entered the streaming service, Netflix will just sit and watch them? It's simply common sense that Netflix will up their game.

The issue here is that you aren't seeing the big picture here.

Netflix knew that the major studios were coming on board the streaming service and folded their hands too long before they took any necessary steps. 2 years ago, Amazon quickly purchased a big franchise and spent $1bn for it (including production). Netflix was still looking.

Now, they are feeling the impact in the US and in other sub markets like the UK. They are now scampering to take actions by stopping a lot of unnecessary tv shows, slashing the number of movies produced per year and now bringing in top actors/actresses into their movies per year.

This is what they should have done long ago if they weren't watching D+ and HBOmax

Which is why I want to know exactly what your argument is about since more months now.

Regards.

Like i have said severally, Netflix is about to be booted from the number 1 spot WW (it was booted from the no 1 spot in the US in 2020).

If you still find it difficult to understand what the argument is again after this, then there is nothing else I can do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
And before the answer to the question on if zoom is a better company than Apple because it's share price is higher than Apple on the NSE, see the net worth of Zoom and see the net worth of Apple.

I deal with facts and not sentiments

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
SMUAG:

Your points are legit, but the aspect of being "stinkingly rich" for one to afford all streaming sites is no no for me...
You don't need to be madly rich before you can, an average man can afford it, it just depends on your rage/desire for movies/series and what you actually want. The subscription is not the issue, the issue is when you keep streaming all movies and series without preference...
I have friends who spent more on anything games, yet they ain't even own the average list.
Lol, of course you'll know I exaggerated with the "stinkingly rich" phrase. grin grin
That's why I mentioned an average person. It just depends on one's priorities.

An average person won't have the time and luxury to engage all Streaming Services simultaneously all at once.. not possible. An average person doesn't necessarily mean a person in "Financial Terms" only.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 2:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
abduleez1:

Lol, of course you'll know I exaggerated with the "stinkingly rich" phrase. grin grin
That's why I mentioned an average person. It just depends on one's priorities.

An average person won't have the time and luxury to engage all Streaming Services simultaneously all at once.. not possible. An average person doesn't necessarily mean a person in "Financial Terms" only.

If so....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 2:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
abduleez1:

CINEMAX has been dissolved.....they no longer produce Original Programming for their viewers. It's cos of HBOMax arrival. AT&T is consolidating everything/ Sub Brands they have. Eg. DC Universe streaming Service also suffered the same casualty. They're merging everything into one massive Branding— HBOMax.

Warrior will definitely be picked up by HBOMax. They recently started streaming it. When they get it's performance stats they'll probably announce a new season. The Screenwriter already said they've written season 3 already but wrote season 2 as a finale cos of the CineMax cancellation news. Showrunner said they are waiting for HBOMax execs greenlight.
Abeg ooo. Make them no leave Penny for Yabaleft grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 2:09pm On Jan 15, 2021
Zack Snyder's Justice league is given enough rom to shine this March which is a good way to start the year.

Really happy for Zack to redeem himself, although that 4 hours time frame is going to be an issue imo

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 3:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Bro, seriously you should take your own advise cos as it stands I have been the one educating you.

I have buttressed my points with facts, figures and stats. You on the other hand only provided stock price which is of not use in this argument.

For example, you claimed that because Netflix stock price is higher than Disney and AT&T, it bigger than the two. Yet, you have not provided the screenshot of each companies worth which I request that you do so. And, you say I should argue wisely. Lol

I will do you a favour by posting a screenshot of the net worth of Netflix, Disney and AT&T (shown in Pic 1, 2 and 3). And as you can see from the images, despite AT&T have a share price of $29.50, it's worth is still bigger than Netflix. Even Disney despite being affected by the pandemic, it's net worth is close to that of Netflix. So, you bringing out share price is actually pointless.

This here has no basis in this argument.

You saying "I don't understand that Netflix is like Hollywood itself" is another blind argument. Blockbuster entertainment was also seen as Hollywood before Netflix came, now Blockbuster is no more.

One thing you should understand, is that no one can stand on top forever. As it stands, Netflix just lost the number 1 spot in the US in 2020 (as shown in pic 4).

If netflix likes, let them release 1,000 movies. The question is are these movies 100% quality when compared to their competitors? Netflix released over 100 movies last year, yet, it didn't stop D+ from snatching US from them in 2020.

This is another blind argument, yet na you go dey say argue wisely.

Despite me being a DC fan, I have stated how D+ has dominated the streaming wars last year and even how they have wrestled the number spot in the US from Netflix. Does Disney now own DC?

The difference between you and I in this argument is that I argue with facts, you on the other hand keep arguing based on sentiments.

It's obvious you just started investing in the stock market because you have loooot to learn.

Elon Musk became the richest man in the world because he owns the largest share holding (20%) in Telsa (price is $800), once the price moves up his wealth increases. That's why he beat Jeff Bezos as the richest man despite Amazon share price is $3,127 (x4 of Telsa)..

Zoom is more than double the price of Apple in the stock market, will you now say because of the price, zoom company is far better than Apple? I seriously need you to answer this question.

The issue here is that you aren't seeing the big picture here.

Netflix knew that the major studios were coming on board the streaming service and folded their hands too long before they took any necessary steps. 2 years ago, Amazon quickly purchased a big franchise and spent $1bn for it (including production). Netflix was still looking.

Now, they are feeling the impact in the US and in other sub markets like the UK. They are now scampering to take actions by stopping a lot of unnecessary tv shows, slashing the number of movies produced per year and now bringing in top actors/actresses into their movies per year.

This is what they should have done long ago if they weren't watching D+ and HBOmax

Like i have said severally, Netflix is about to be booted from the number 1 spot WW (it was booted from the no 1 spot in the US in 2020).

If you still find it difficult to understand what the argument is again after this, then there is nothing else I can do.

Is Disney+ worth $130billion?
Is HBOMAX worth $250+billion?
Can any of them both worth $130billion in five years time, Expert Stock Investor?

But, dude, Netflix is worth $190billion+.

I have been avoiding spelling this out for you, hoping you will defer to logic. Argue wisely bro. It's not everything they spell out.

All you are doing is display zero knowledge of how the media works.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.