Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1242777 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:25am On Feb 18, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Scorpion is still the face of MK.

Both are actually.

There is no Scorpion without Sub-zero and vice versa
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 10:44am On Feb 18, 2021
Kaycee7:
The aircraft wasn't antique. There's a reason it was sitting in a literal runway. It was a transport vehicle for the museum.
lol,was this established in the movies or we still just basing it on assumption? filling the loopholes for them.

a typical example of that scene was in battleship when they had to use a ship that was abandon and used for tourism, they had to establish that repairs would need to be done to make it operational, it was in the sea now, why didn't they just start engine and poof it starts working.

as a director you are suppose to make ur movie easily believable, bcus movies is abt selling an idea, especially science-fic movies.

The moment ppl starts to question alot of things then i feel the movie isnt achieving its aim.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:45am On Feb 18, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

As a Sub-zero fan myself, I was delighted. Scorpion is just way too overhyped sef grin

Lol...how is scorpion overhyped?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 10:51am On Feb 18, 2021
Minemrys:

for the fact it's at the museum says it all. I d0n't think an operati0nal craft would be left sitting at a museum. Check the g0of secti0n at imdb, it's stated that the crafts in the smiths0nian aren't operati0nal.
You're actually right. The aircraft shouldn't have been there.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 10:54am On Feb 18, 2021
Skseries:
lol,was this established in the movies or we still just basing it on assumption? filling the loopholes for them.

a typical example of that scene was in battleship when they had to use a ship that was abandon and used for tourism, they had to establish that repairs would need to be done to make it operational, it was in the sea now, why didn't they just start engine and poof it starts working.

as a director you are suppose to make ur movie easily believable, bcus movies is abt selling an idea, especially science-fic movies.

The moment ppl starts to question alot of things then i feel the movie isnt achieving its aim.
Not only does your last point discredit a lot of great movies, you're basically writing off movies that were scripted to spur arguments and introspection.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Priapus69: 11:50am On Feb 18, 2021
Kaycee7:
The aircraft wasn't antique. There's a reason it was sitting in a literal runway. It was a transport vehicle for the museum.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:54am On Feb 18, 2021
Kaycee7:
You're actually right. The aircraft shouldn't have been there.
no. The thing is those things are just exhibits.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 12:41pm On Feb 18, 2021
Minemrys:

no. The thing is those things are just exhibits.
Can't really be exhibiting a 1980s plane in a museum in the 1980s. It would be like exhibiting a 2019 Boeing in a museum this year. The plane was simply not supposed to be there. Even the goof article says so.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2021
pu7pl3:

Lol...how is scorpion overhyped?

You supposed know na grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2021
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheCreatorVerse: 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2021
Kaycee7:
Not only does your last point discredit a lot of great movies, you're basically writing off movies that were scripted to spur arguments and introspection.
Oh look, it's Diana boyfriend.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:09pm On Feb 18, 2021
Kaycee7:
Can't really be exhibiting a 1980s plane in a museum in the 1980s. It would be like exhibiting a 2019 Boeing in a museum this year. The plane was simply not supposed to be there. Even the goof article says so.
exactly.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Both are actually.

There is no Scorpion without Sub-zero and vice versa

Scorpion is the official mascot of MK.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 6:22pm On Feb 18, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Defintely.
But the trailer didn't really do justice to his iconic voice: "come over here". The voice needs to be louder and terrifying. Aside from that, the trailer is very much topnotch. 9.5/10 for me..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 6:30pm On Feb 18, 2021
SMUAG:

Defintely.
But the trailer didn't really do justice to his iconic voice: "come over here". The voice needs to be louder and terrifying. Aside from that, the trailer is very much topnotch. 9.5/10 for me..

That's because the Scorpion in the trailer is human unlike the revenant version in the video games.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 6:57pm On Feb 18, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Both are the official mascot of MK as shown in the image....

You might see scorpion first in many instances and that's because Ed Boon is a scorpion fan.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 7:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
Already trending as Number 1 in Nigeria cool

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 8:35pm On Feb 18, 2021
Are you people forgetting Cole Young?

Scorpion and Subzero na side characters in this movie
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2021
Wait so Emilia Clarke replaced Amber Heard as Mera?

Modified.

Abi na rumour?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 9:10pm On Feb 18, 2021
100naira:
Where? When?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 9:11pm On Feb 18, 2021
100naira:
Are you people forgetting Cole Young?

Scorpion and Subzero na side characters in this movie
A new character undecided or Maybe he would be somehow related to Johnny Cage
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 9:29pm On Feb 18, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
A new character undecided or Maybe he would be somehow related to Johnny Cage
yes a new character and the main character. Not John cage, Johnny will be in the next one. This character might a descendant of one of the OG MK characters, maybe Subzero or Scorpion.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
Where? When?
na online rumours I see ,I wan know whether anybody here can confirm it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 9:46pm On Feb 18, 2021
Kaycee7:
I think you are miss interpreting what I said or u don't understand what I meant.

Most movie is based on someone imagination, aside movies bases on real life events.

As a movie writer or director, u are trying to sell an idea, create a picture in a mind of a possibility of what u are showing really happening, but when the person you are trying to sell the idea to begins to doubt even the idea then the aim you are trying to achieve isn't being met.

With how the Toby Maguire spiderman was made while I was younger I felt it was actually real, same time I watched the first ever fantastic 4 (the one that never made the big screen) and I knew it wasnt realistic.

I don't know if it's just me, am just very critical abt movies. I like to leave a movie and still have the experience with me for days and like I always say the best of movies have seen were not even action

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by JasperVII(m): 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2021
100naira:
I hope it's true. I really do.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 2:12am On Feb 19, 2021
Correct answer ❓

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Friedyokes: 4:51am On Feb 19, 2021
TheCreatorVerse:
The movie is still trash though, just saying.
oh I don't care about that , just think it's awesome you couldn't counter anything he said, he delivered his reply with a masterclass.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 6:53am On Feb 19, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

That's because the Scorpion in the trailer is human unlike the revenant version in the video games.

No, he's not a human.
The name "SCORPION" was bestowed on him after his death. That scene showed us Scorpion and not Hanzo Hasashi.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 7:52am On Feb 19, 2021
nani667:
Correct answer ❓
Architect
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 8:50am On Feb 19, 2021
SMUAG:

No, he's not a human.
The name "SCORPION" was bestowed on him after his death. That scene showed us Scorpion and not Hanzo Hasashi.
You know this is Hanzo, right?

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:52am On Feb 19, 2021
nani667:
Correct answer ❓

This DC YouTube handler isn't even current on a whole John Stewart

I am not pleased

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 9:00am On Feb 19, 2021
SMUAG:

No, he's not a human.

The samurai (Hanzo Hasashi) shown in the trailer fighting sub zero is the man that will eventually become Scorpion. Whether it will happen in this film or later in the sequels remain to be seen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.