Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1232832 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 3:43pm On Aug 10, 2021
Minemrys:

Abegi, no even go there. Powerful as how? Starro was a dumb villain. The argument has ended, let's not stretch it.
starro wasn't a dumb villain he was just used in a dumb way, that's a potential Justice league villian, just imagine starro taking over half of the Justinve league and forced to fight with other heros.

James Gunn just wasted it's potential cus same starro gone couldn't penetrate a spare did?

One scene in the movie that didn't make sense was when they took at those militant, how will they kill ppl and the other two guys didn't hear them until BS and PM took them from behind really didn't make sense.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2021
pu7pl3:

Omo that city had a legit Rat infestation, they were toomany rats
just imagine just a dozen rat all over u, it's scary
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2021
Skseries:
that's the surprising part and was just abt to bring it up, the movie is so good and why is it not making money, the HBO release? Or lack of interconnection with the DCEU?
Many things.. the appalling 2016 movie didn't help either. Some still connect both together. Only DC fans and we'll informed film lovers know more.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2021
°°°

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2021
nani667:
°°°
LFG! Besides, where does this dude sheath is machete and axe?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2021

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2021
abduleez1:

Many things.. the appalling 2016 movie didn't help either. Some still connect both together. Only DC fans and we'll informed film lovers know more.
It has nothing to do with the 2016 movie. Which movie in this time performs high like pre covid 19 era? I didn't want to answer the question considering it came from hulk616. People aren't going to the cinema like that. Black widow didn't do much, what can we say about that one? You guys give so much relevance to stupid questions. E get why I been no want talk.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2021
Minemrys:

It has nothing to do with the 2016 movie. Which movie in this time performs high like pre covid 19 era? I didn't want to answer the question considering it came from hulk616. People aren't going to the cinema like that. Black widow didn't do much, what can we say about that one? You guys give so much relevance to stupid questions. E get why I been no want talk.
The movie performed below expectations even when COVID has been considered.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
Minemrys:

I also chose to ignore Hulk's comments.

No matter how you look at it, the 2016 movie definitely also has influence on it. Same way early DC movies affects confidence and anticipation for present DC movies. This quasi soft reboot/sequel shares it's Name and also some characters.

Obviously, we aren't talking pre-covid numbers. It's pandemic performance most sensible peeps are looking now. GvK did well in BO despite HBOMax and peak pandemic infections. Same as Conjuring and A Quiet Place 2. BW ain't performing as expected but it fares better Box office wise.

There's a lot running against this movie. It's marketing and production costs also doesn't help.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:36pm On Aug 10, 2021
Despite its poor BO performance it sure delivers massively in HBOMax. Reinforces the notion that more sat out at home to watch it, hence damaging it's BO.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2021
abduleez1:
Despite its poor BO performance it sure delivers massively in HBOMax. Reinforces the notion that more sat out at home to watch it, hence damaging it's BO.

TSS is a win for WB, they’d take this massive critical performance over financial(I still believe the movie will pick up, maybe with good word of mouth). But my fear is if next year’s slate also underperform, we might be saying goodbyes to theatrical release and WB in turn focus on making movies straight to HBOmax.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
abduleez1:

No matter how you look at it, the 2016 movie definitely also has influence on it. Same way early DC movies affects confidence and anticipation for present DC movies. This quasi soft reboot/sequel shares it's Name and also some characters.

Obviously, we aren't talking pre-covid numbers. It's pandemic performance most sensible peeps are looking now. GvK did well in BO despite HBOMax and peak pandemic infections. Same as Conjuring and A Quiet Place 2. BW ain't performing as expected but it fares better Box office wise.

There's a lot running against this movie. It's marketing and production costs also doesn't help.
Hope you know that movie had a leggy run? It didn't just make a huge bucks then drop the following weeks. It had no effect. What would you say of fast and furious? Or films that are critically acclaimed only to have their sequels be underperformers financially. David Ayer SS had nothing to do with this considering this one had a "�" rating according to you guys.
3 things made it to underperform, which ironically it isn't.
The contemporary time. Online release and the R rating. It's a hit on streaming, so quit all those nonsense talk of underperforming.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by spotty232(m): 10:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
i think that word reboot is the problem of DC . movie goers are tired of the reboots, one keeps watching same story told in another way.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
TSS is a win for WB, they’d take this massive critical performance over financial(I still believe the movie will pick up, maybe with good word of mouth). But my fear is if next year’s slate also underperform, we might be saying goodbyes to theatrical release and WB in turn focus on making movies straight to HBOmax.
Yep, a good win. Sure. If it can do -45% or lesser this weekend, then it'll be very good for it.

LMFAO...which Kain fear you dey fear. Next year slate has movies which all look sure hits. The Batman is a banger, Black Adam got the star power and audience buzz, Flash is kinda 50/50 but will deliver (also don't underate the pent up demand for years by fans), Aquaman is a crowd puller already and Momoa's star power and appeal. Na more big casts remain. 2022 lineup is too strong. We need the good WOM to rub off on other movies from BOP to TSS.

WB can't surrender Their major grosser when there's no Harry potter or LOTR.

It's only 2023 slate I'm bothered about sef. Cos the movies being greenlit and announced are mainly small and limited audience popularity.
Na DC Fandome go clear our eye.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2021
spotty232:
i think that word reboot is the problem of DC . movie goers are tired of the reboots, one keeps watching same story told in another way.
That's why new characters are getting introduced.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
The movie isn't failing financially. Guy we are no longer in the era of 1billion dollar gross. Don't forget it is available everywhere online. Who would want to go to the cinema? Especially with a virus out there.
Wake up.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
spotty232:
It wasn't a reboot. I keep saying WB are bad at publicity. And marketing. It was in no way a reboot.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
Minemrys:

Hope you know that movie had a leggy run? It didn't just make a huge bucks then drop the following weeks. It had no effect. What would you say of fast and furious? Or films that are critically acclaimed only to have their sequels be underperformers financially. David Ayer SS had nothing to do with this considering this one had a "�" rating according to you guys.
3 things made it to underperform, which ironically it isn't.
The contemporary time. Online release and the R rating. It's a hit on streaming, so quit all those nonsense talk of underperforming.
Okay sir.

I no get strength.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:39pm On Aug 10, 2021
abduleez1:

Yep, a good win. Sure. If it can do -45% or lesser this weekend, then it'll be very good for it.

LMFAO...which Kain fear you dey fear. Next year slate has movies which all look sure hits. The Batman is a banger, Black Adam got the star power and audience buzz, Flash is kinda 50/50 but will deliver (also don't underate the pent up demand for years by fans), Aquaman is a crowd puller already and Momoa's star power and appeal. Na more big casts remain. 2022 lineup is too strong. We need the good WOM to rub off on other movies from BOP to TSS.

WB can't surrender Their major grosser when there's no Harry potter or LOTR.

It's only 2023 slate I'm bothered about sef. Cos the movies being greenlit and announced are mainly small and limited audience popularity.
Na DC Fandome go clear our eye.
Abeg when you dey talk of word of mouth no involve birds of prey. Cause you like the film doesn't mean everyone did. Alot of people hated it, Americans are just being politically correct cause it carried with it feminism.
If you want birds of prey to be seen as the face of the dceu then don't expect much success with the franchise.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:41pm On Aug 10, 2021
abduleez1:

And you say David Ayer SS had a thing to do with it failing. Judging by that stance people wouldn't have bothered watching na.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
The movie performed below expectations even when COVID has been considered.
It is barely a week since it's release. Give it time. And to be honest, it wasn't the second coming so stop putting too much pressure on it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2021
Minemrys:

It is barely a week since it's release. Give it time. And to be honest, it wasn't the second coming so stop putting too much pressure on it.
I’m not putting any pressure, when I say underperformed, I mean they expected it to gross $10 in the first week, but it instead grossed $6 which isn’t surprising considering the many hindering factors out there. Do you understand me?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheHulk616: 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2021
abduleez1:

I disagree. Suicide squad 2 failed because
1. Nobody knows whether this is a sequel or prequel.
2. The movie was trash. Starro was defeated by lipsrsealed rats. What was the point of Harley Quinn subplot.
3. R-rated.
4. Covid19 is not a excuse, because suicide squad still performed badly in HBOMax.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheHulk616: 11:20pm On Aug 10, 2021
abduleez1:

thanks for saying the truth.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:43pm On Aug 10, 2021
Minemrys:

And you say David Ayer SS had a thing to do with it failing. Judging by that stance people wouldn't have bothered watching na.

It also plays a role doesn't mean it's the sole reason.
Maybe if you take a look at this article you'll grasp what I'm saying.

I no get strength for all this back and forth.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by LeonStark: 12:30am On Aug 11, 2021
TheHulk616:
useless excuses. angry

Like you went to see it in Cinemas.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheHulk616: 6:36am On Aug 11, 2021
LeonStark:

Like you went to see it in Cinemas.
yes angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 6:39am On Aug 11, 2021
abduleez1:

Oga, stop putting the blames on others.....
This The Suicide Squad was never anything close to great, bro.. Over zealous fanatics were just the ones overhyping an average movie.
Starro was the worst DCEU villains, him and Black Mask. What is even happening to DC sef......

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:07am On Aug 11, 2021
SMUAG:

Oga, stop putting the blames on others.....
This The Suicide Squad was never anything close to great, bro.. Over zealous fanatics were just the ones overhyping an average movie.
Starro was the worst DCEU villains, him and Black Mask. What is even happening to DC sef......
Ok.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:16am On Aug 11, 2021
abduleez1:

It also plays a role doesn't mean it's the sole reason.
Maybe if you take a look at this article you'll grasp what I'm saying.

I no get strength for all this back and forth.
Anyone can write that article. Just as I can write 100 reasons why black widow failed. The main reason is the HBO Max release and the covid 19 pandemic. It's been established that the film was stepping away from what WB gave us at first, so it's major point for audience to come out and see it, unless they didn't have to as they can watch it from home. The R rating is another factor why families won't go see it together especially during this time. Gunn SS had everything going for it, Ayer SS can't be blamed. Besides it didn't fail. The previous one was leggy. So there is still time for it to pull the money you are expecting
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:02am On Aug 11, 2021
2023 MOS sequel announcement with Cavill incoming
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Tarvel(m): 8:27am On Aug 11, 2021
nani667:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qMRAGoUpSg

This is BEAUTIFUL shocked

TBF it's better than most DCEU movies

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.