Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1232467 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Tarvel(m): 8:32am On Aug 11, 2021
BlackManta:
cry cry

cry cry cry poor starro
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 8:51am On Aug 11, 2021
pu7pl3:
2023 MOS sequel announcement with Cavill incoming
Really?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:53am On Aug 11, 2021
Minemrys:

Anyone can write that article. Just as I can write 100 reasons why black widow failed. The main reason is the HBO Max release and the covid 19 pandemic. It's been established that the film was stepping away from what WB gave us at first, so it's major point for audience to come out and see it, unless they didn't have to as they can watch it from home. The R rating is another factor why families won't go see it together especially during this time. Gunn SS had everything going for it, Ayer SS can't be blamed. Besides it didn't fail. The previous one was leggy. So there is still time for it to pull the money you are expecting
Okay.
All these you're saying, isn't it what was in my initial screenshot? You sef you too like unnecessary argument. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:18am On Aug 11, 2021
Tarvel:

This is BEAUTIFUL shocked

TBF it's better than most DCEU movies

No dey cap this thing, there shouldn't be a world where Deadshot tags Flash while he is running straight

It's not up to any DCEU movie
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:20am On Aug 11, 2021
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:39am On Aug 11, 2021
Stargirl season 2 premieres.

Tomorrow for Titans.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:17am On Aug 11, 2021
This one DC is pivoting towards Marvel directors I no understand. undecided

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:57am On Aug 11, 2021
Minemrys:

Hope you know that movie had a leggy run? It didn't just make a huge bucks then drop the following weeks. It had no effect. What would you say of fast and furious? Or films that are critically acclaimed only to have their sequels be underperformers financially. David Ayer SS had nothing to do with this considering this one had a "�" rating according to you guys.
3 things made it to underperform, which ironically it isn't.
The contemporary time. Online release and the R rating. It's a hit on streaming, so quit all those nonsense talk of underperforming.

David Ayer's Suicide Squad was quite profitable inspite of the interference of WB.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2021
abduleez1:
Stargirl season 2 premieres.

Tomorrow for Titans.

how many episodes?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheHulk616: 12:37pm On Aug 11, 2021
abduleez1:
winners
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Tarvel(m): 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2021
pu7pl3:

No dey cap this thing, there shouldn't be a world where Deadshot tags Flash while he is running straight

I only watched half of it then, I typed that out of excitement grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2021
I think the reason why people are shocked that TSS underperformed at the B.O was the hype around it, the movie was hyped by critics as one of the best CBM's while it's not even close.

To me it's just an average movie so the B.O performance is not shocking to me, the movie couldn't even outperform mortal Kombat on HBO max goes to prove covid is not the only factor, it's an average movie although it's way better than mortal Kombat ( probably cause of it's larger budget for both production and marketing).

Blaming the underperformance on SS 2016 is laughable because one of the movies major marketing strategies was that Gunn was given creative freedom to do whatever he wants to with the movie.
But I still believe that TSS will perform moderately well at the box office.
Piracy is also a huge issue.

PS. I enjoyed the movie though. Just my 2 cents on the matter.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
abduleez1:

Taika Waititi is very good...

Thor Ragnarok and a few episodes of Mandalorian that he directed were not bad, he has a handful of hits under his belt...

DC films and MCU films are rivals but the producers and execs in both franchises are cool with one another...

James Gunn even went as far as inviting Kevin Feige to the set of TSS like its no big deal

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2021
BlackManta:

Thor Ragnarok and a few episodes of Mandalorian that he directed were not bad, he has a handful of hits under his belt...

DC films and MCU films are rivals but the producers and execs in both franchises are cool with one another...

James Gunn even went as far as inviting Kevin Feige to the set of TSS like its no big deal

Yea, I know about the Feige visit and Creators sharing.

Na this increased bromance I no understand. Even HBOMax has multiple projects with Taika upcoming. Yea, Taika is talented.

I don't like having most of our upcoming projects looking Marvelous. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by billyboy(m): 2:17pm On Aug 11, 2021
Exactly, that's the red flag in the clip.
pu7pl3:

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2021
Some people go just like to open mouth waaa and spill any nonsense that comes into mind just for arguments sake.

How do you separate a movies performance from its sequel/prequel or spin-off when they've some connection. Or you think even if your movie made billions and audiences hated it, they'll come for more in the sequels.
Or you will tell me the useless 90's Batman and Robin didn't affect the perception of Batman Begins. Isn't after the rave critical acclaim from Batman Begins and WOM that Raised audience anticipation for TDK. Or someone will tell me many people will be as highly anticipated to come watch the new Ghostbusters movie after the reboot disappointed audiences massively.
Pray tell About the Terminator movies?

At times I wonder whether some people here even read movie review & data analysis at all or Hollywood op-ed pieces. Na just opinionated bullcrap without facts for backup.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 3:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
abduleez1:

Yea, I know about the Feige visit and Creators sharing.

Na this increased bromance I no understand. Even HBOMax has multiple projects with Taika upcoming. Yea, Taika is talented.

I don't like having most of our upcoming projects looking Marvelous. undecided

WHY?
I thought most of us wanted something close to the MCU....
That's the main problem with this coconut heads WB execs, they don't feel like building something unique, all they want is/was just a piece of MCU cake....always love to downplay intensive and captivating scenes with lame jokes....
I pray Amazon do something big so I don't have to bother myself watching an MCU movie in DCEU...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2021
SMUAG:

WHY?
I thought most of us wanted something close to the MCU....
That's the main problem with this coconut heads WB execs, they don't feel like building something unique, all they want is/was just a piece of MCU cake....always love to downplay intensive and captivating scenes with lame jokes....
I pray Amazon do something big so I don't have to bother myself watching an MCU movie in DCEU...

Count me out. I don't want anything close to MCU. WB is gambling with their properties and they will surely pay for it with box office underperformances. TSS box office failure is just the beginning.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2021
You can’t change my mind grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
BlackManta:

it's a big deal o, if this was true na rubbish, this na part of the reason wey fans dey use vex for Geoff Johns...you shouldn't be inviting your rival and revealing ideas to them like that
They should disembark from all that familiarity
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2021
TonySpike:

Count me out. I don't want anything close to MCU. WB is gambling with their properties and they will surely pay for it with box office underperformances. TSS box office failure is just the beginning.

Na steady bombing box office back to back WB just dey give us in dis their wether na soft reboot abi na hard reboot...Shazam, BoP, ww84 and now TSS...
Make dem dey continue dey keep their certified fresh rotten tomato scores dey go bcuz dem wan copy (their junior brother) while fans dey also keep their money for their pockets den make we see who go lose.....

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 4:58pm On Aug 11, 2021
SMUAG:

Na steady bombing box office back to back WB just dey give us in dis their wether na soft reboot abi na hard reboot...Shazam, BoP, ww84 and now TSS...
Make dem dey continue dey keep their certified fresh rotten tomato scores dey go bcuz dem wan copy (their junior brother) while fans dey also keep their money for their pockets den make we see who go lose.....
Shazam didn’t flop undecided and TSS is still on its run
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Treyknowles(m): 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2021
I swear DC has problematic fans!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2021
Treyknowles:
I swear DC has problematic fans!

I tell you.

Correct one.

Me sef join. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Treyknowles(m): 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2021
abduleez1:

I tell you.

Correct one.

Me sef join. grin

It's insane at this point, it's like they want them to fail so they can gloat
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
Shazam didn’t flop undecided and TSS is still on its run

Na wetin dey taya me be dis.

How they consider Shazam flop still dey shock me up till today. Film wey debut weeks in between Endgame and Cap Marvel. Despite 4X budget to BO oo.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2021
Treyknowles:

It's insane at this point, it's like they want them to fail so they can gloat

It's really weird man.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Treyknowles(m): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2021
abduleez1:

It's really weird man.

It really is!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
pu7pl3:
2023 MOS sequel announcement with Cavill incoming
Bros you sure? No carry my hopes up abeg.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2021
abduleez1:
Isn't that what you Snyder fans wanted? A shift from the dark and gritty?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
abduleez1:
Some people go just like to open mouth waaa and spill any nonsense that comes into mind just for arguments sake.

How do you separate a movies performance from its sequel/prequel or spin-off when they've some connection. Or you think even if your movie made billions and audiences hated it, they'll come for more in the sequels.
Or you will tell me the useless 90's Batman and Robin didn't affect the perception of Batman Begins. Isn't after the rave critical acclaim from Batman Begins and WOM that Raised audience anticipation for TDK. Or someone will tell me many people will be as highly anticipated to come watch the new Ghostbusters movie after the reboot disappointed audiences massively.
Pray tell About the Terminator movies?

At times I wonder whether some people here even read movie review & data analysis at all or Hollywood op-ed pieces. Na just opinionated bullcrap without facts for backup.
It didn't. In 2005, CBMs didn't make that big bucks like now. Besides, the fact Batman has been over done was one factor, coupled with it being an origin story. Bros, your argument doesn't stand in alot of ways cause there have been films that were critically acclaimed that it's sequel underperformed financially even while having critical praise. And also there were films that have been bad that still generate big bucks time and again. Transformers. Besides, Superman returns didn't affect MOS box office did it? Or did Justice league affect Aquaman?
Yes, there are instances where it affects but not when the film has critics praising it.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
TheHulk616:
winners
And you will be the one here coming to shout trash later on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.