Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,457 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1237576 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
teewhydope:

Just like saying avengers infinity war should have been released prior to its prequels. there is no flash solo movie yet but you want them to release a film based on a character culled from it. good thing people like you are not allowed in the film industry cos i'm sure you would barely hit $250k at the box office when given the opportunity to direct/write a $200m film.
n0w, understand that the story of flash is a n0n linear plot. You need to show why RF did all he did to ruin Barry, and u can't do that if d story is fr0m barry's P. O. V. Mind u, in flash films, thawne won't feature in all, bt in RF films, barry will, so whose story is it then?

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:14pm On Aug 10, 2018
badinfluence:
Lol. This is just a proof that to write film hard well well..
that bad uhm? Thank you.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2018
Minemrys:

1st thing, i've never been anti snyder.
Hmmm! If you say so
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2018
superbloke:

I don't think this will work. This is not even the story of reverse flash. The guy is obsessed with Barry Allen and he got his powers by recreating Barry's accident. If your suggestion is the plot to be used, it is the same fans who will scream that it is a wrong representation of the character. It seems more like an Eddie Brock/Venom story than a reverse flash story.
c0ntrary to that, its the eddie brock story that isn't true to character. Brock was a photographer/journalist who had feud with Peter parker and happened to be where parker was rem0ving the symbiote suit. The symbiote got on eddie and the ven0m began. Thawne's character is that of a professor whose family saw him as a n0n achiever, the world was crashing down on him, he recreated the flash accident, went back in time only to realise instead of taking over as a hero in the absence of flash, he was rather a psychopathic villain and enemy of the flash. That al0ne, broke his psychosis to the point he became obsessed with flash and bec0ming better than him. His story is that of a man who lost his self worth as a result of criticisms and attack fr0m all c0rners that drove him insane and with the urge to prove himself. What i wr0te is way different fr0m eddie brock. I don't get why you all hate it when its practically Eobard Thawne's story. I only added s0me plotlines to humanise him and to present his P. O. V cos n0 villain sees himself as the bad guy. Whats bad with my RF m0vie idea? What problems do u have with it? I admire ur h0nesty though. Thanks.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:30pm On Aug 10, 2018
teewhydope:

that's almost how the wizard said it in the original comics and animated films. I really think people should stop watching films if they can't try to understand it. and did you also realize the full conversation was cut cos it's a trailer
alright. If u say so.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
Minemrys:

c0ntrary to that, its the eddie brock story that isn't true to character. Brock was a photographer/journalist who had feud with Peter parker and happened to be where parker was rem0ving the symbiote suit. The symbiote got on eddie and the ven0m began. Thawne's character is that of a professor whose family saw him as a n0n achiever, the world was crashing down on him, he recreated the flash accident, went back in time only to realise instead of taking over as a hero in the absence of flash, he was rather a psychopathic villain and enemy of the flash. That al0ne, broke his psychosis to the point he became obsessed with flash and bec0ming better than him. His story is that of a man who lost his self worth as a result of criticisms and attack fr0m all c0rners that drove him insane and with the urge to prove himself. What i wr0te is way different fr0m eddie brock. I don't get why you all hate it when its practically Eobard Thawne's story. I only added s0me plotlines to humanise him and to present his P. O. V cos n0 villain sees himself as the bad guy. Whats bad with my RF m0vie idea? What problems do u have with it? I admire ur h0nesty though. Thanks.
Exploring Thawne's motivations is a good idea, but it doesn't mean they have to make a reverse flash movie to do it. A flash movie can properly show why reverse flash does what he does. However, the story has to be right and the motivations have to make sense. Your story would be ok if that were the actual story of the reverse flash. Except ofcourse it would be an intentional character modification, which is not unusual when adapting comic book stories to live action. In that case, it remains to be seen how it will be received by the audience, critics and comic book fans.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:06pm On Aug 10, 2018
superbloke:

Exploring Thawne's motivations is a good idea, but it doesn't mean they have to make a reverse flash movie to do it. A flash movie can properly show why reverse flash does what he does. However, the story has to be right and the motivations have to make sense. Your story would be ok if that were the actual story of the reverse flash. Except ofcourse it would be an intentional character modification, which is not unusual when adapting comic book stories to live action. In that case, it remains to be seen how it will be received by the audience, critics and comic book fans.
right. But seriously, a RF m0vie would be m0re c0mpelling c0mpared to a flash film. We already have a flash show.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by teewhydope(m): 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2018
Minemrys:

n0w, understand that the story of flash is a n0n linear plot. You need to show why RF did all he did to ruin Barry, and u can't do that if d story is fr0m barry's P. O. V. Mind u, in flash films, thawne won't feature in all, bt in RF films, barry will, so whose story is it then?

I think you are judging from the tv series pov. the truth is, the dc extended universe can't cover all those details compar3d to arrowverse. moreso, seriee share a different plot from films.

but he's most likely to be the villain in the flashpoint 2020 movie since he's the reason barry created the flashpoint timeline to save his family according to the flashpoint previous adaptations. mcu and dceu derive most of their plots from comics, that can't be said about their series...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 4:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
teewhydope:

Destroying an entire city and killing thousands of people in his battle with Zod, but finally discovers the will to kill, only when he can look into the eyes of a potential casualty??

If you are looking for more realistic approach as to how superheroes will (likely) act when facing such situation in real live, then, MoS nailed it perfectly. Honestly speaking, Clark wasn't Superman yet when he battled Zod. He was just few weeks old into it.
One thing we need to know is, Clark was scripted as our normal average human being who reacts and acts "averagely" when they are in dicey situations - they don't think much/deep before act. So, if you think Zack messed up MoS then i think you need to rethink it over and over again. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
teewhydope:

I think you are judging from the tv series pov. the truth is, the dc extended universe can't cover all those details compar3d to arrowverse. moreso, seriee share a different plot from films.

but he's most likely to be the villain in the flashpoint 2020 movie since he's the reason barry created the flashpoint timeline to save his family according to the flashpoint previous adaptations. mcu and dceu derive most of their plots from comics, that can't be said about their series...
n0ne of what i wrote was outside the c0mics. And its c0nfirmed WB aren't going with flashpoint for the 1st flash film, and RF w0n't be the film's villain. The series also follows the c0mics even m0re faithfully than the films. Aside their attempt at adapting flashpoint that wasn't faithful, character backstory has been. And mind you, n0t all st0ries that work in c0mics, work on big screen. Am n0t judging fr0m the series, am stating what would be of gr8 help to WB and fans.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by teewhydope(m): 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2018
Minemrys:

n0ne of what i wrote was outside the c0mics. And its c0nfirmed WB aren't going with flashpoint for the 1st flash film, and RF w0n't be the film's villain. The series also follows the c0mics even m0re faithfully than the films. Aside their attempt at adapting flashpoint that wasn't faithful, character backstory has been. And mind you, n0t all st0ries that work in c0mics, work on big screen. Am n0t judging fr0m the series, am stating what would be of gr8 help to WB and fans.

youre right but i don't think it's not officially confirmed by WB, just rumours. using authur light as the main villain looks absurd according to the film's name and even as flash first film since the flash isn't an established enough character in dceu. the direction they are taking spells doom for dceu.

I think it's a solo movie starting out and right at the end, he'll go back in time and create Flashpoint what should be the start of the next movie or it's just a temporary/radom title given to the film for now but we just have to wait to get the full drift.

The announcement seems rushed that's why they couldn't find perfect title for It, flashpoint as a title should be after justice league 2 or 3 and not a film about his origin.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
Geoff John wanted to convert all DC movies to "'laugh and forget" TV series style. He thought he could be the Kevin Feige of the DCEU. Thank God, He has been booted out and given limited roles in future movies just like Zack Snyder whom he disliked so much. Can you all see what he and Whedon did to Justice League under the instruction of Tsujihara? I am sure he was the one that pitched Shazam and was also pitching for Flashpoint story. He desperately wanted to get credit for the success for the DCEU by turning it into cheap CW DCTV series. He is the main reason I think Shazam might fail at the big screen.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2018
God!! You dc pipo can complain.. Na wa o.. Film production no easy o. I wonder how you guys feel you know better than a heavyweight name in film production..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
badinfluence:
God!! You dc pipo can complain.. Na wa o.. Film production no easy o. I wonder how you guys feel you know better than a heavyweight name in film production..
oh, you think we are c0mplaining? Yet i remember u being am0ng those blasting DC movies. I wonder how you guys feel you know better than a heavyweight name in film production.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 8:27pm On Aug 10, 2018
Minemrys:

oh, you think we are c0mplaining? Yet i remember u being am0ng those blasting DC movies. I wonder how you guys feel you know better than a heavyweight name in film production.
Please can you tell me my exact words in 'blasting' dc movies..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2018
badinfluence:
Please can you tell me my exact words in 'blasting' dc movies..
i believe u have data to go through the last 8 pages of this thread?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 11:59pm On Aug 10, 2018
Minemrys:

i believe u have data to go through the last 8 pages of this thread?
Lmao.. You didn't find did you?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:44am On Aug 11, 2018
badinfluence:
Lmao.. You didn't find did you?
cos i wasn't looking to hum0r u.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 12:28pm On Aug 27, 2018
Guys, guess what, DC Extended Universe (DCEU) is now officially known as the Worlds Of DC.
So DCnites, what's your take on this?

https://heroichollywood.com/dceu-official-brand-name-world-dc/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by chrisbaxtian(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
Xavier5:
Guys, guess what, DC Extended Universe (DCEU) is now officially known as the Worlds Of DC.
So DCnites, what's your take on this?

https://heroichollywood.com/dceu-official-brand-name-world-dc/

doesn't change the fact that they have lack lustre movies. If only the change of name would translate to change of fortune for Warner Bros and their DC universe or should I say worlds of DC

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

doesn't change the fact that they have lack lustre movies. If only the change of name would translate to change of fortune for Warner Bros and their DC universe or should I say worlds of DC

You guys talk as if DC is the only movie producing company that has ever produced terrible movies. You guys talk as if all of DC's movies are flops, come on. Okay aside from Justice League and Suicide Squad, mention any other terrible movies DC has produced?
It is a very wrong to use a single flopping movie produced by a movie producing company to generalise that all the movies produced by them is bad. Because DC flopped with Justice League doesn't mean you should generalise that all the movies produced by DC are terrible.
DC has also produced cool and interesting movies like Man Of Steel, Wonder Woman, Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, The Watchmen, Constantine etc
Because DC flopped doesn't mean they can't get back on their feet. Failure is not falling but it is failing to get back up again. Fine, they flopped, That doesn't mean they can't get up, who hasn't flopped or failed before? They fell and they are trying to get back in the game. We should give them some break kwano.
They need our support as fans and not criticism and complains. The criticism and complains are long over due.

#Xavier.

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by chrisbaxtian(m): 10:27pm On Aug 27, 2018
Xavier5:

You guys talk as if DC is the only movie producing company that has ever produced terrible movies. You guys talk as if all of DC's movies are flops, come on. Okay aside from Justice League and Suicide Squad, mention any other terrible movies DC has produced?
It is a very wrong to use a single flopping movie produced by a movie producing company to generalise that all the movies produced by them is bad. Because DC flopped with Justice League doesn't mean you should generalise that all the movies produced by DC are terrible.
DC has also produced cool and interesting movies like Man Of Steel, Wonder Woman, Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, The Watchmen, Constantine etc
Because DC flopped doesn't mean they can't get back on their feet. Failure is not falling but it is failing to get back up again. Fine, they flopped, That doesn't mean they can't get up, who hasn't flopped or failed before? They fell and they are trying to get back in the game. We should give them some break kwano.
They need our support as fans and not criticism and complains. The criticism and complains are long over due.

#Xavier.

cry me a river tongue

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Treyknowles(m): 11:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
Xavier5:

#Xavier.
Preach Brother!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 10:35am On Aug 28, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

cry me a river tongue
Cry you a river or tell you the truth which is hard to deal with.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by chrisbaxtian(m): 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
Xavier5:

Cry you a river or tell you the truth which is hard to deal with.

e pain am grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by mafiacityh5: 10:43am On Sep 01, 2018
I am glad to read this post, it's an interesting one. I am always searching for quality posts and articles and this is what I found here, I hope you will be adding more in the future. Thanks, do you like my game? mafia online
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2018
WB has d0ne. Henry Cavill is out as Superman. Ben Affleck to go next. Supergirl film to be the focus now. Wonder who wants a supergirl, harlequinn film when we've got a M0S sequel?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by mgtow: 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2018
Minemrys:
WB has d0ne. Henry Cavill is out as Superman. Ben Affleck to go next. Supergirl film to be the focus now. Wonder who wants a supergirl, harlequinn film when we've got a M0S sequel?

Henry out, is this official?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:46pm On Sep 12, 2018
mgtow:

Henry out, is this official?
Probably to focus on his role as Geralt in The Witcher series.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by mgtow: 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2018
Kaycee7:
Probably to focus on his role as Geralt in The Witcher series.

I still doubt this. He can do both. Let me see if the news turns up on my feed.

in any case, DC ruined a good thing. Where is The Batman movie nitori oloun?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 6:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
A black Supes? Hell to the.....no!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.