Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,663 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1226939 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2018
Minemrys:

that'll be their d0om. What's the probability that a supergirl film will be successful critically and financially when they could take a risk with a superman 2 film?

The only successful movie outside the first Superman movie is Man of Steel. WB has such a silly business sense by ditching Cavill in favour of Supergirl. Whatever happened to the supergirl series they are running currently?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2018
TonySpike:

The only successful movie outside the first Superman movie is Man of Steel. WB has such a silly business sense by ditching Cavill in favour of Supergirl. Whatever happened to the supergirl series they are running currently?
i think they are being fooled by the little success of the series.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2018
Minemrys:

i think they are being fooled by the little success of the series.

None of the DC CW series are actually successful in ratings but viewership has been declining steadily. Of the lot, Supergirl is actually the worst. It is a very childish, amateurish and too LGBT driven.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 15, 2018
DC crying again. Thank God Henry is leaving worst Superman ever.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2018
TonySpike:

None of the DC CW series are actually successful in ratings but viewership has been declining steadily. Of the lot, Supergirl is actually the worst. It is a very childish, amateurish and too LGBT driven.
nailed it. WB doesn't realise that.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2018
Kaycee7:
How are you struggling for a black Bond but you don't want a black Supes?
I'm not.
People want Idriz Elba to become the first black Bond.
The agitation for a black Bond is a complete failure, that's why I think a push for Black Superman won't work.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 11:41pm On Sep 15, 2018
Henry Carvil is still Superman... Only Ben Affleck was dropped cuz of his alcohol problems!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 8:53pm On Sep 16, 2018
philfearon:
Henry Carvil is still Superman... Only Ben Affleck was dropped cuz of his alcohol problems!

You damn right.
Cavill is still Superman.
They just having issues with his contract and uncertain future in DC.
WB wanted him to cameo in Shazam, that is how issue of contract arose and the media is blowing everything out of proportion.
Until WB or Cavill officially call it quits, I will not believe anything the media sells to us.

About Afleck.
Ben is still Batman.
Any report of Ben quiting Batman is fake rumors and speculations.

The only report that is 100% true is that Matt Reeves is casting a younger Batman for the movie.
The Batman movie is set in his younger years, long before MOS and BVS.
So it pretty reasonable that a 40+ year old Ben won't be the major Batman character.
He might still appear in future Batman films cuz he is yet to quit.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 8:54pm On Sep 16, 2018

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 9:30pm On Sep 16, 2018
BlackManta:

You damn right.
WB wanted him to cameo in Shazam, that is how issue of contract arose and the media is blowing everything out of proportion.
Until WB or Cavill officially call it quits, I will not believe anything the media sells to us.

About Afleck.
Ben is still Batman.

The only report that is 100% true is that Matt Reeves is casting a younger Batman for the movie.
So it pretty reasonable that a 40+ year old Ben won't be the major Batman character.
You are right bro...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 10:04pm On Sep 16, 2018
BlackManta:

You damn right.

About Afleck.
Ben is still Batman.

I've just been shaking my head at all the lamentations on this thread. It's obvious people aren't aware of what's really going on, just fear mongering media speculations. The Cavil issue is just the guy and his agent negotiating new contract terms. No one has called it quits, at least not yet. The batman movie is going to be a flashback story also and they won't want to use the de-aging technology like Tony stark in civil war or Nick Fury in Capt. Marvel. Ben Affleck is probably even going to be a producer on the movie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 1:08pm On Sep 17, 2018
hulk616:
DC crying again. Thank God Henry is leaving worst Superman ever.
Go jerk off to the Christopher Reeves and Brandon Routh movies, you fossil

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
Kaycee7:
Go jerk off to the Christopher Reeves and Brandon Routh movies, you fossil
why you dey answer the guy na. U for just let him comment waste.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 6:49am On Sep 18, 2018
Minemrys:

why you dey answer the guy na. U for just let him comment waste.
I had to get it out of my system.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pryme(m): 8:12am On Sep 18, 2018
DC in Hollywood is a waste of space. Terrible scripts, terrible plots (most times they have none), worst visual effects. When it's comes to pulling the carpet under hard-core DC fans, these guys are perfect.

Bunch of clowns angry angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 10:40am On Sep 18, 2018
pryme:
DC in Hollywood is a waste of space. Terrible scripts, terrible plots (most times they have none), worst visual effects. When it's comes to pulling the carpet under hard-core DC fans, these guys are perfect.

DC may have 99 problems but visual effects certainly isn't one of them.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pryme(m): 10:43am On Sep 18, 2018
charlesm91:

DC may have 99 problems but visual effects certainly isn't one of them.

Depends on how you see it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:55am On Sep 18, 2018
pryme:

the problem is, DC unlike marvel studios does n0t have its own independent film unit free of WB's control. They only have that in the animati0n department, which DC is killing it in that arena. DC is making it in c0mics and animati0n but n0t live acti0n, it got to tell u s0mething.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pryme(m): 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2018
Minemrys:

the problem is, DC unlike marvel studios does n0t have its own independent film unit free of WB's control. They only have that in the animati0n department, which DC is killing it in that arena. DC is making it in c0mics and animati0n but n0t live acti0n, it got to tell u s0mething.

You are absolutely correct, in terms of Comics universe DC is bigger than Marvel. But you wonder how Marvel are way ahead of DC in cinemas.

But I will never forgive DC for starting that Batman vs Superman movie that spawn to this useless set of movies that followed. The Justice league with a 50yr old Bruce Wayne, and a Superman that was killed by Doomsday (a product of Lex Luther's creation).

This whole plot makes me want to vomit. The whole DC production crew should be fired. angry angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 12:35pm On Sep 18, 2018
how is DC bigger in comics when marvel comics make more sales than DC undecided

pryme:

You are absolutely correct, in terms of Comics universe DC is bigger than Marvel. But you wonder how Marvel are way ahead of DC in cinemas.

But I will never forgive DC for starting that Batman vs Superman movie that spawn to this useless set of movies that followed. The Justice league with a 50yr old Bruce Wayne, and a Superman that was killed by Doomsday (a product of Lex Luther's creation).

This whole plot makes me want to vomit. The whole DC production crew should be fired. angry angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pryme(m): 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2018
MJBOLT:

As far as comics universe is concerned DC is Bigger than Marvel, but on screen of recent Marvel has more commercial success.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 12:42pm On Sep 18, 2018
yet marvel comics make more sales than DC comics grin

pryme:

As far as comics universe is concerned DC is Bigger than Marvel, but on screen of recent Marvel has more commercial success.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by WaywardSon(m): 12:46pm On Sep 18, 2018
MJBOLT:

false. Marvel has cinematic superiority and that's all. DC blows Marvel away on every other level. Games. Comics. Animation and comic sales numbers. However Marvel comics are more expensive than DC comics almost like the Samsung/apple sales difference

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pryme(m): 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2018
MJBOLT:

yet marvel comics make more sales than DC comics grin

Well if you must know DC comics holds the highest all time sales record of comics, this largely due to the fact that DC was the first comic company grin.

Of recent Marvel has more sales because of their Hollywood success, this is largely due to the fact that DC hired some barbrains to handle the remake of their franchise characters.

But when it comes to fan base, all time sales, depth in franchise characters give to DC (this is strictly based on comics).
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 1:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
pryme:

Sad but true.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:52pm On Sep 18, 2018
pryme:

lol, it still can work. The problem with DC is the Washington Bros [WB lol]. They need to keep their heads straight, get a dedicated, artistic producer with a visi0n and let him call the shots. WB are studio heads/ bosses not artistic guys. Good scripts, storyline and artistic directors whose work don't get chopped off or trampled upon are what DC needs.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pryme(m): 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2018
Minemrys:

lol, it still can work. The problem with DC is the Washington Bros [WB lol]. They need to keep their heads straight, get a dedicated, artistic producer with a visi0n and let him call the shots. WB are studio heads/ bosses not artistic guys. Good scripts, storyline and artistic directors whose work don't get chopped off or trampled upon are what DC needs.

You are right. That's why I admire Marvel, they stuck with Stan "the man" Lee, you can see his cameo appearance in all Marvel hit movies. Stan was there from the beginning and he is still here tell me why Marvel production crew won't rub off from a guy like Stan Lee.
As for DC they will need another 10 yrs or more to catch up were Marvel is now.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
pryme:

You are right. That's why I admire Marvel, they stuck with Stan "the man" Lee, you can see his cameo appearance in all Marvel hit movies. Stan was there from the beginning and he is still here tell me why Marvel production crew won't rub off from a guy like Stan Lee.
As for DC they will need another 10 yrs or more to catch up were Marvel is now.
if they can make 3 cult classic films in a row, formulate a continuity that'll keep every0ne's interest, they can catch up with marvel, though n0t in box office. I kn0w shazam, aquaman and w0nder w0man 2 are going to be crap, but imagine if those films became cult classics like The dark knight, and DC comes up with a c0ntinuity story like crisis after The Flash film features flash time travelling and disrupting the space time c0ntinum, bringing in the anti m0nitors in Green Lantern, superboy prime in the supergirl film then the anti m0nitors and crime syndicate in JL 2? Reboot the franchise after JL 2 with the crisis event that establishes the death of flash, batman and superman.
Dc can start afresh by making films centered on an0ther alternate earth with a new superman film, batman film, Flash film, cyborg etc.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 7:44pm On Sep 18, 2018
Mr man stop deceiving yourself when it comes to comic book sales and video games marvel stomps dc

WaywardSon:
false. Marvel has cinematic superiority and that's all. DC blows Marvel away on every other level. Games. Comics. Animation and comic sales numbers. However Marvel comics are more expensive than DC comics almost like the Samsung/apple sales difference
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 7:46pm On Sep 18, 2018
that's what I wanna hear grin

pryme:

Of recent Marvel has more sales because of their Hollywood success, this is largely due to the fact that DC hired some barbrains to handle the remake of their franchise characters.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pryme(m): 8:21pm On Sep 18, 2018
Minemrys:

if they can make 3 cult classic films in a row, formulate a continuity that'll keep every0ne's interest, they can catch up with marvel, though n0t in box office. I kn0w shazam, aquaman and w0nder w0man 2 are going to be crap, but imagine if those films became cult classics like The dark knight, and DC comes up with a c0ntinuity story like crisis after The Flash film features flash time travelling and disrupting the space time c0ntinum, bringing in the anti m0nitors in Green Lantern, superboy prime in the supergirl film then the anti m0nitors and crime syndicate in JL 2? Reboot the franchise after JL 2 with the crisis event that establishes the death of flash, batman and superman.
Dc can start afresh by making films centered on an0ther alternate earth with a new superman film, batman film, Flash film, cyborg etc.

I think that's what they were trying to do with God amongst Us (Justice League Alternate Dimension).
Like you said they need a reboot, cos Most franchise Characters have alot of fascinating story lines to offer.

The Justice league animated series was one of the best production I have seen so far.
They kept it tight smooth and left alot of lose ends for sequels or full story.

The Mistake DC made was to rush into Justice League coming off the failure of Batman vs Superman.
First timers will never be aware of the full potential and Adventures of each Justice League Characters.

The truth is they need a remake.
Dark knight was crap (in my own opinion because Batman can offer so much more).
Wonder Woman - Crap.
Superman - Crap (what were they trying to do with Zod?)
Aquaman -
Victor - the fools won't make a decent movie out of this one it's to rush him to JL.
Shazam - don't get me started.

After watching Infinity War, I watched Justice League there was a no contest between those two. Avengers was miles ahead of Justice League.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 9:13pm On Sep 18, 2018
MJBOLT:
Mr man stop deceiving yourself when it comes to comic book sales and video games marvel stomps dc

You must not know what you're talking about. I'll not bother to argue though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.