Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1237338 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
sage1000:

I'm a DC fan but saying MCU doesn't have source material is wrong and also irrelevant. Secret Wars, Disassembled, Inhumans, Secret invasion, Fear Itself, etc also they can simply expand and go beyond the comics bringing something that the comic world lacks, a sense of aging as old characters contract expire and new actors are brought in to take their places, I'm talking replacing Cap with Bucky (already rumored), bringing the younger characters like the Runaways and Ms Marvel etc. So yeah Marvel is okay on that point.

As for DC, yeah they have some really great story possibilities. With the separate universes they have going on with their various franchises like Arrow/Flash being different from Supergirl being different from their Movie world. The chance of a Infinite Crisis uniting all this together on screen causes me to salivate. Other stories like Throne of Atlantis, Amazo Virus, Darkseid War, Forever Evil that are coming out of the New 52 will make great movies not to talk of classics like Kingdom Come (Just imagine how awesome that story would be),World War 3 etc.This is not taking into concern their other franchises that are so completely different.

At the end of the day I want both companies to succeed as that is when the audience will get the best as they would struggle to outdo each other creatively bringing out the best movies for us to enjoy.
replacing the present mcu actors would hurt the box office as their characters aren't that unique en0ugh to warrant attenti0n. Imagine ir0n man without RDJ or thor without hemsworth or loki without hiddlest0n. Their source material aren't that enticing. Their best source material is in x men or st0ries that feature the x men.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
guys, check out this exclusive footage from BvS released by Zack Synder himself. Soooo Epic! The footage is called "The Bat is Dead"!
@minemrys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgQrxGV7Brk
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:12pm On Jan 14, 2016
Can we discuss Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman? New trailers will be released on CW on the 19th of January which coincides with the Flash mid-season start-up. I am not too comfortable with the director of Wonder Woman because I haven't seen any her outstanding movies. What do you guys think?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
TonySpike:
guys, check out this exclusive footage from BvS released by Zack Synder himself. Soooo Epic! The footage is called "The Bat is Dead"!
@minemrys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgQrxGV7Brk
the clip's so funny. It sh0ws supes courting wayne warning, that he's the new g0dfather in turn and bats being a grizzled mafia boss says Bleep it, s0n.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
TonySpike:
Can we discuss Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman? New trailers will be released on CW on the 19th of January which coincides with the Flash mid-season start-up. I am not too comfortable with the director of Wonder Woman because I haven't seen any her outstanding movies. What do you guys think?
well for Patty jenkins, she was to direct thor 2 for marvel but left due to marvel n0t wanting to go dark with the dark w0rld <pun intended> i guess there's a reas0n WB ch0se her. As 4 w0nder w0man film, am n0t that overly joyed to see any clip of it n0w. Same goes 4 suicide squad and Bvs. Trailer for suicide squad should c0me out in march or april once JUSTICE LEAGUE starts filming. To me they should instead pr0m0te Bvs till its premiere only and focus suicide squad's pr0m0ti0n as a c0ntinuati0n to Bvs. Then after suicide squad, pr0m0te w0nder w0man film as "how the DC universe all started" then JUSTICE LEAGUE as the c0ntinuati0n of bvs and suicide squad.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:12pm On Jan 14, 2016
Uhm i've been wanting to ask, what channel is the cw on in nigeria or dstv?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by sage1000: 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
Minemrys:

replacing the present mcu actors would hurt the box office as their characters aren't that unique en0ugh to warrant attenti0n. Imagine ir0n man without RDJ or thor without hemsworth or loki without hiddlest0n. Their source material aren't that enticing. Their best source material is in x men or st0ries that feature the x men.

It depends, it is certainly a risk but I can see a successful spider man helming the franchise. Characters like captain marvel being a big enough success too. Although yeah, X-men has their best stories but Inhumans has a couple of great stories. They would also be getting the fantastic four back soon following that fantastic failure of a movies so they have a lot of options.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
Minemrys:

the clip's so funny. It sh0ws supes courting wayne warning, that he's the new g0dfather in turn and bats being a grizzled mafia boss says Bleep it, s0n.

From what I can get in the scene, I think Batman and Superman are racing towards a crime scene and somehow Superman got there first. You can see why Batman was pissed to find Supes around the same vicinity. This looks like their first official meeting. ..

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
I keep on seeing Bizarro rumours everywhere on the internet. This is just like I suspected earlier..."the red capes are coming" statement by Lex is enough clue that there will be at least one superman in this movie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
sage1000:

It depends, it is certainly a risk but I can see a successful spider man helming the franchise. Characters like captain marvel being a big enough success too. Although yeah, X-men has their best stories but Inhumans has a couple of great stories. They would also be getting the fantastic four back soon following that fantastic failure of a movies so they have a lot of options.
they won't get back f4. Trust me. As 4 spiderman, fr0m account no one likes the present spider kid. Am n0t even anticipating the m0vie. Him, RDJ and the civil war st0ry line are why am n0t that c0ncerned with the cap america 3. If w0uld've been glad if it was just cap america 3 without ir0n stark or RDJ. Inhumans? Whats inhumans? That sounds like a chinese/kung fu m0vie franchise.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
TonySpike:

From what I can get in the scene, I think Batman and Superman are racing towards a crime scene and somehow Superman got there first. You can see why Batman was passed to find Supes around the same vicinity. This looks like their first official meeting. ..
i doubt its their first meeting.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
TonySpike:
I keep on seeing Bizarro rumours everywhere on the internet. This is just like I suspected earlier..."the red capes are coming" statement by Lex is enough clue that there will be at least one superman in this movie.
seeing d0omsday in the trailer makes me doubt it. These rum0urs are spread by agents w0rking with the film team to thr0w fans 4 a lo0p. Its a marketting technique. The m0re u hear these rum0urs and the m0re snyder shows off m0re clips debunking th0se rum0urs, the m0re u and i would want to see the final pr0duct even th0ugh we do or d0n't want to. Bizarro isn't in the film so l0ng as d0omsday's in it. The rum0ur mill would've w0rked on me if i never saw d0omsday in the trailer.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by honorbule(m): 8:19am On Jan 16, 2016
Minemrys:
Uhm i've been wanting to ask, what channel is the cw on in nigeria or dstv?
CW is not on dstv...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
honorbule:
CW is not on dstv...
what dish is it on pls?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:58pm On Jan 16, 2016
The sound tracks and score for BvS was released this morning. I heard the only free version, very cool. Sounded like MOS score somehow though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
TonySpike:
The sound tracks and score for BvS was released this morning. I heard the only free version, very cool. Sounded like MOS score somehow though.
what website was it on? Was the soundtrack go0d or just a replica of M0S?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:41am On Jan 17, 2016
Minemrys:

what website was it on? Was the soundtrack go0d or just a replica of M0S?

Here's the website. You'll also find the only free score here. Click the image of Superman/Batman to listen. There are about 13 scores composed by Hand Zimmerman (from MOS) and Junkie XL (from Mad Max). You'll need to purchase the rest on iTunes.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
TonySpike:

Here's the website. You'll also find the only free score here. Click the image of Superman/Batman to listen. There are about 13 scores composed by Hand Zimmerman (from MOS) and Junkie XL (from Mad Max). You'll need to purchase the rest on iTunes.
didn't see any link bro.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
TonySpike:

http://www.watertower-music.com/news/newsstory.php?title=561133
yea. Thanks i've seen it th0ugh. Its the zod and supes fight soundtrack in m0s.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
Minemrys:

yea. Thanks i've seen it th0ugh. Its the zod and supes fight soundtrack in m0s.

grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
Anticipating Legends Of Tommorow. cool

But I'm worried Vandal Savage might not make a good villain, going by the ease with which he was defeated in FlArrow. sad
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Ultimatesammie(m): 1:14am On Jan 18, 2016
vince001:
Anticipating Legends Of Tommorow. cool

But I'm worried Vandal Savage might not make a good villain, going by the ease with which he was defeated in FlArrow. sad
lol u funny by d ease, d guy took out a whole city dat barry had to go back in time for.
It took the team work of the lot to beat one guy, u call that ease.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 18, 2016
Ultimatesammie:

lol u funny by d ease, d guy took out a whole city dat barry had to go back in time for.
What you saw there was the power of the staff of horus. You think he could have done that without it? Maybe with his knives? angry
Maybe they wouldn't have been able to destroy him without the staff, but believe me, Barry is enough to put him in a prison. The writers are just messing with his powers.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:59am On Jan 18, 2016
vince001:

What you saw there was the power of the staff of horus. You think he could have done that without it? Maybe with his knives? angry
Maybe they wouldn't have been able to destroy him without the staff, but believe me, Barry is enough to put him in a prison. The writers are just messing with his powers.
bro, the guy's an imm0rtal. He can't die, the funny thing ab0ut this character is that his enemies die even after their efforts to st0p him. For me, its n0t the villain "vandal savage" i d0n't like but the actor portraying him or how he's portrayed. I expectd a s0phisticated, charismatic, sm0oth talking guy in a suit who has his armies do his dirty w0rk 4 him. The type that could draw you to his cause. The lex luth0r kind but with imm0rtality. The one that has kn0wledge in medicine, physics, art, engineering, dark arts etc. The kind that is even ra'as al ghul is scared of. What i got fr0m flash and arrow, was a barbarian with imm0rtality. When i imagine vandal savage i imagine darken rahl fr0m legend of the seeker. I pray craig parker gets to play him on the big screen.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 18, 2016
Minemrys:

bro, the guy's an imm0rtal. He can't die, the funny thing ab0ut this character is that his enemies die even after their efforts to st0p him. For me, its n0t the villain "vandal savage" i d0n't like but the actor portraying him or how he's portrayed. I expectd a s0phisticated, charismatic, sm0oth talking guy in a suit who has his armies do his dirty w0rk 4 him. The type that could draw you to his cause. The lex luth0r kind but with imm0rtality. The one that has kn0wledge in medicine, physics, art, engineering, dark arts etc. The kind that is even ra'as al ghul is scared of. What i got fr0m flash and arrow, was a barbarian with imm0rtality. When i imagine vandal savage i imagine darken rahl fr0m legend of the seeker. I pray craig parker gets to play him on the big screen.
I know he is an immortal, but what can an immortal thrown in an iron prison do?
Well, they are not including a speedster, so I can understand if the heroes find it difficult to defeat him.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:10am On Jan 18, 2016
Minemrys:

I guess this is another version of Vandal Savage they are portraying. For reasons known to the producers, they have changed the origin of this Vandal Savage, with a pretty much different timeline. I guess they are trying to avoid using the real character because he might appear somewhere in the extended DCEU in the future. The real Vandal Savage has lived for over 40,000 years, the one in the Flash/DC crossover started living around the time of ancient Egypt, circa 4000 B.C. which makes him only about 6,000 year old. Do you know that the origin stories of Hawkman and Hawkgirl were also tweaked? The real Hawk ancestors were never from Earth, not to talk of being Priestess and Prince in Egypt. I guess the DC multiverse storyline is at work here...lol.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:21am On Jan 18, 2016
Hey guys, I present you some sneak-peek images from the shooting of Wonder Woman movie slated to be released next year, 2017. This movie will feature Gal Gadot (Fast and Furious franchise, Batman Vs Superman) and Chris Pine (Star Trek, Jack Ryan; The Shadow Recruit). Pictures from these scenes will capture cinematic period of World War I, an era that isn't popularly shown in many Hollywood movies.

What do you think guys? I'm really feeling this movie already...

By the way, isn't Gal Gadot looking lovely with Chris Pine? Can anyone tell us about this shield? I saw her use it against heat vision in the BvS trailer...

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:40am On Jan 18, 2016
TonySpike:

I guess this is another version of Vandal Savage they are portraying. For reasons known to the producers, they have changed the origin of this Vandal Savage, with a pretty much different timeline. I guess they are trying to avoid using the real character because he might appear somewhere in the extended DCEU in the future. The real Vandal Savage has lived for over 40,000 years, the one in the Flash/DC crossover started living around the time of ancient Egypt, circa 4000 B.C. which makes him only about 6,000 year old. Do you know that the origin stories of Hawkman and Hawkgirl were also tweaked? The real Hawk ancestors were never from Earth, not to talk of being Priestess and Prince in Egypt. I guess the DC multiverse storyline is at work here...lol.
yea i guess so and i hope shayera and carter are fr0m thanagar cos i d0n't want any egyptian mythology messing the DCEU. Unless that character is Dr. Fate as thats his origin. Hoping vandal savage is the s0phisticated type character where no one would suspect he's the villain till the end of the film. A la harris0n wells. You'll kn0w he's the villain but you can't help siding him. N0t that barbarian thats appearing in Legends.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:44am On Jan 18, 2016
vince001:

I know he is an immortal, but what can an immortal thrown in an iron prison do?
Well, they are not including a speedster, so I can understand if the heroes find it difficult to defeat him.
bro, u can't do that to the real vandal savage. That guy's like satan with his mini0ns. Its like saying you want to put ra'as al ghul in jail. Even batman hasn't d0ne that. But i guess this fake vandal savage can be put in pris0n.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:50am On Jan 18, 2016
TonySpike:
Hey guys, I present you some sneak-peek images from the shooting of Wonder Woman movie slated to be released next year, 2017. This movie will feature Gal Gadot (Fast and Furious franchise, Batman Vs Superman) and Chris Pine (Star Trek, Jack Ryan; The Shadow Recruit). Pictures from these scenes will capture cinematic period of World War I, an era that isn't popularly shown in many Hollywood movies.

What do you think guys? I'm really feeling this movie already...

By the way, isn't Gal Gadot looking lovely with Chris Pine? Can anyone tell us about this shield? I saw her use it against heat vision in the BvS trailer...
wow the pix l0ok d0pe. I have a feeling am going to l0ve this film. The shield's a different one fr0m that of bvs. But wait...are they pulling off a "Diana Clark Kent" scenerio with the glasses? I must c0nfess gal gadot l0oks gorgeous and nerdy there. This m0vie is going to define her career. A list things for her.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:22pm On Jan 18, 2016
Minemrys:

wow the pix l0ok d0pe. I have a feeling am going to l0ve this film. The shield's a different one fr0m that of bvs. But wait...are they pulling off a "Diana Clark Kent" scenerio with the glasses? I must c0nfess gal gadot l0oks gorgeous and nerdy there. This m0vie is going to define her career. A list things for her.

I like the setting of the movie

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.