Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1230583 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
I watched BATMAN: BAD BLOOD last night. I enjoyed every moment of it.

SPOILER
1. Batman now has a family of five with Damian now behaving like a proper boy
2. Watch out for Talia, the daughter of Ra'as ghul, she's badass and has a new look like WIDOW (Avengers)
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by tommychow(m): 6:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
Minemrys:

snyder has already said time and again that lex isn't nerdy n0r g0ofy. Its his origin st0ry or do you want s0me generic bald headed bad guy in suit as a villain? <think ant man and ir0n man> bro Lex is the smartest man in the DC world and i believe its a g0od thing to have us see bats intelligence a little. S0mething TDK trilogy missed. To have a guy like Lex manipulate bruce is character devel0pment for both bruce and lex. To show bruce that things aren't just black and white.
Will smith, leto, margot r0bbie, viola davis all signed a multi c0ntract deal so they w0n't be killed off in the m0vie. The rest am n0t sure. And will smith's in the next batman m0vie.
Ever heard of Green lantern 2011? They are bidding their time to n0t mess it up. Bro Green Lantern has the capacity to be huge like star wars. The power rings/light saber? Sinestro/darth vader? Even the guardians they remind me of th0se big headed creatures in star wars. GL on its own can make a billi0n and thats why they are wasting time. Make people demand 4 the character, enlighten people about him, create buzz around him and when he shows? B0om. Its like the 2nd c0ming. Last time they rushed, l0ok what happened. WB d0n't wanna rush n0w.

You have a solid point about Lex's development story...and Bruce's too. If Snyder made Bruce too intelligent to see things perfectly he would have see the good in Kal-el but apparently, he's clouded by bitter experiences especially the death of Jason Todd (2nd Robin). Let's just say we are seeing a bitter Bruce and Lex is gonna take advantage of it.

The story, main cast and crew of the Batman reboot hasn't been confirmed. I strongly believe WB will use Batman: Arkham Knight or Under the hood to inspire a story. I mean, WB will use the idea of Jason Todd coming back as Redhood with evil vengeance for Joker and (or) Batman. It will be maaaaaaaad. With a movie like this, they can cast other Batman characters like Nightwing, Tim Drake (3rd Robin), Penguin and other villains for small roles. I hope Ben Affleck is fit for 10 more years.

And about, Green Lantern. Totally agree. It's already officially confirmed, the GL corps will be in the Justice League movie. Since JL movie is Nov 2017, the should start casting the Green lanterns this year. Hal Jordan will be the Green Lantern of JL, the other Green Lanterns will just have small roles.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
TonySpike:
I watched BATMAN: BAD BLOOD last night. I enjoyed every moment of it.

SPOILER
1. Batman now has a family of five with Damian now behaving like a proper boy
2. Watch out for Talia, the daughter of Ra'as ghul, she's badass and has a new look like WIDOW (Avengers)
i d0n't kn0w why i hate the Talia and Damian wayne character.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 12:37am On Jan 23, 2016
sage1000:

Eh doubt it is Hal. Hal sucked in n the last movie and DC will want to create a distinction between both movies. Also I think the title for the movie is Green Lantern Corps which the comic title features John Stewart. Also take into consideration John is pretty popular from the JL cartoon
The cartoon made Jon popular. But when you talk green lantern, first thought is Hal.
It doesn't matter how the first movie went. This is a different movie. There are no links.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Ultimatesammie(m): 5:36am On Jan 23, 2016
Csami:

Funny isn't it? Only him can wield the power of the six gems. Marvel can copy eh! Just look at the guy and you'll see Darkseid first son!
Saw a comparison of some characters on both marvel and dc based on some of their similarities, chaiiiii e don tey wey marvel don dey copy dc.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:06am On Jan 23, 2016
superbloke:
The cartoon made Jon popular. But when you talk green lantern, first thought is Hal.
It doesn't matter how the first movie went. This is a different movie. There are no links.

We can't afford to have two comedians as Superheroes I.e. Hal Jordan and Barry Allen. Those two characters aren't always serious in many movies I've seen them. I prefer John Stewart as the Justice league GL anytime.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
TonySpike:

We can't afford to have two comedians as Superheroes I.e. Hal Jordan and Barry Allen. Those two characters aren't always serious in many movies I've seen them. I prefer John Stewart as the Justice league GL anytime.
John Stewart is great, I agree. But we have enough serious guys in the league already. Plus, Hal is serious when he needs to be. I don't think DC would make John the main GL in their cinematic world.

By the way, I love Damien's character development in the batman animation movies so far. Batman: Bad Blood sealed it.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pickpin: 8:13am On Jan 24, 2016
I think I've found my home in nairaland....

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:09am On Jan 24, 2016
superbloke:

John Stewart is great, I agree. But we have enough serious guys in the league already. Plus, Hal is serious when he needs to be. I don't think DC would make John the main GL in their cinematic world.

By the way, I love Damien's character development in the batman animation movies so far. Batman: Bad Blood sealed it.
seriously, i'll prefer John. U kn0w why? He'll be the military man and strategist in the justice league. With John Stewart in the league, the U. S army can lay calm seeing as one of their own is there. And again, d0n't forget we are going to be having Billy Bats0n/Shazam in the league also. A c0medic character so its going to be 3 c0mic guys, 4 if u add cyborg against 3 serious dudes. The JL animated show w0rked cos they made flash the c0mic relief and the rest serious. A team where every0ne jokes w0n't be taken seriously by people, Avengers 4 example. Ironic as the name calls 4 vengeance itself. Thats why i love the fast n furious films. We had tyrese the jokster and the rest with tight faces. Paul walker's character was m0re of a sarcastic guy.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
Minemrys:

seriously, i'll prefer John. U kn0w why? He'll be the military man and strategist in the justice league. With John Stewart in the league, the U. S army can lay calm seeing as one of their own is there. And again, d0n't forget we are going to be having Billy Bats0n/Shazam in the league also. A c0medic character so its going to be 3 c0mic guys, 4 if u add cyborg against 3 serious dudes. The JL animated show w0rked cos they made flash the c0mic relief and the rest serious. A team where every0ne jokes w0n't be taken seriously by people, Avengers 4 example. Ironic as the name calls 4 vengeance itself. Thats why i love the fast n furious films. We had tyrese the jokster and the rest with tight faces. Paul walker's character was m0re of a sarcastic guy.

John Stewart is like John Diggle (The Arrow): very serious and mature.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
TonySpike:

John Stewart is like John Diggle (The Arrow): very serious and mature.
yea. He's one guy superman really respects apart fr0m batman. Superman doesn't take Jordan seriously though. To him Jordan is a jerk. Jordan is m0re like Tony stark without ir0n armour.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
Minemrys:

yea. He's one guy superman really respects apart fr0m batman. Superman doesn't take Jordan seriously though. To him Jordan is a jerk. Jordan is m0re like Tony stark without ir0n armour.

Tony stark may be wealthy but his IQ is nonsense compared to Bruce Wayne
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pickpin: 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
Minemrys:

the reason why you want John Stewart is because you grew up watching him on JLAS.. Hal Jordan is and will forever be the number one green lantern.. Talking about comic relief, Barry Allen isn't funny, shazam wont be in the justice league.. By the way, the flash you remember from the justice league animated series was Wally West and not Allen
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 4:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
Minemrys:

Now that you mention Billy, I doubt they'll portray the humorous side of Hal. But shazam won't be showing up till later in the time line. Like I said, Hal is serious when he needs to be. While I would love to see a live action John Stewart, I just don't see DC using anyone other than their classic character as the main GL in this universe. Plus John will definitely be a major character in GLC movie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 5:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Minemrys:

I disagree. Perhaps your view of Jordan is influenced by the animations based on the new 52 reboot. Hal is the greatest green lantern of all time, the most honourable.
The Darkseid Wars, anyone?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
TonySpike:

That's not true, Tony Stark is more intelligent than Bruce Wayne. Bruce may be the better strategists but can't compare to Tony's IQ.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
100naira:
That's not true, Tony Stark is more intelligent than Bruce Wayne. Bruce may be the better strategists but can't compare to Tony's IQ.

What do you call intelligence? Building armoured suits or what? Do you know that Bruce Wayne had the largest weapon (Watchtower) built for the Justice league. That weapon has a powerful high energy weapon that can wipe out anything on earth. It also has a teleportation technology.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
pickpin:
the reason why you want John Stewart is because you grew up watching him on JLAS.. Hal Jordan is and will forever be the number one green lantern.. Talking about comic relief, Barry Allen isn't funny, shazam wont be in the justice league.. By the way, the flash you remember from the justice league animated series was Wally West and not Allen
for starters, Barry Allen is funny. Flashpoint paradox any0ne? Justice league d00m? Justice league war? I didn't grow up with John green lantern. I just d0n't see anything special with Jordan. People say he's the greatest GL but i haven't seen what he's d0ne. M0st people who say these are often racist. A fact i learnt. And shazam would be in JUSTICE LEAGUE but later films. Am guessing we are going to have Superman in the Shazam film if am n0t mistaken. Either cameo or main role.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
TonySpike:

m0st definitely.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
superbloke:

Now that you mention Billy, I doubt they'll portray the humorous side of Hal. But shazam won't be showing up till later in the time line. Like I said, Hal is serious when he needs to be. While I would love to see a live action John Stewart, I just don't see DC using anyone other than their classic character as the main GL in this universe. Plus John will definitely be a major character in GLC movie.
why do u guys so much like this Hal Jordan? His last m0vie failed and he's m0re like Tony Stark. We've already had marvel fans accuse DC of copying ir0n man in BvS <bat arm0r> and call w0nder w0man and steve trevor a Capt America and peggy carter rip off. Do you want them saying l0ok at young Tony Stark with a green ring. I guess he got pr0p0sed by that green chick in Guardians of the galaxy. Maybe thats why he made the ir0n man suit after their divorce.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
superbloke:

I disagree. Perhaps your view of Jordan is influenced by the animations based on the new 52 reboot. Hal is the greatest green lantern of all time, the most honourable.
The Darkseid Wars, anyone?
jordan has forever been portrayed as a c0medy character. Except that time he became parallax and turned into a villain.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 10:25am On Jan 25, 2016
TonySpike:

What do you call intelligence? Building armoured suits or what? Do you know that Bruce Wayne had the largest weapon (Watchtower) built for the Justice league. That weapon has a powerful high energy weapon that can wipe out anything on earth. It also has a teleportation technology.
Tony stark built an armored suit from mere scraps. He built atomic naval cannons, flesh healing serums, anti gravity device that can literally move mountains, heat seeking anti missile air crafts, anti ballistic missiles, built unique AI(jarvis and veronica) etc oh and he has a space mechanic.

Nobody is doubting Bruce's intelligence, he clearly beats Tony outside the tech field but in it, Tony Stark is god.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 6:48pm On Jan 25, 2016
Minemrys:

why do u guys so much like this Hal Jordan? His last m0vie failed and he's m0re like Tony Stark. We've already had marvel fans accuse DC of copying ir0n man in BvS <bat arm0r> and call w0nder w0man and steve trevor a Capt America and peggy carter rip off. Do you want them saying l0ok at young Tony Stark with a green ring. I guess he got pr0p0sed by that green chick in Guardians of the galaxy. Maybe thats why he made the ir0n man suit after their divorce.
Whoever thinks that way is silly. Only silly fan boys will say stuff like that. These are classic characters of each company.
This has nothing to do with liking a Hal or not. I really like John too, but we all know Hal will be the GL of the justice league in this universe. They've made it clear already.
Besides, the fact that marvel has a head start in its cinematic universe doesn't mean dc shouldn't stay true to its comic stories and characters.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:46pm On Jan 25, 2016
superbloke:

Whoever thinks that way is silly. Only silly fan boys will say stuff like that. These are classic characters of each company.
This has nothing to do with liking a Hal or not. I really like John too, but we all know Hal will be the GL of the justice league in this universe. They've made it clear already.
Besides, the fact that marvel has a head start in its cinematic universe doesn't mean dc shouldn't stay true to its comic stories and characters.
hmm. C0nvincing argument. Whats the deal with Hal anyway? I never found him to be an interesting character. Justice League War and Doom animated m0vies sh0wed me he isn't that great. He's a character who takes himself too seriously while trying to be funny. Atleast T0ny Stark is m0re likable.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:49pm On Jan 25, 2016
Who the hell has been banning me on this board? It isn't cool guys. I thought we all had a freed0m of opini0n and expressi0n?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:36am On Jan 26, 2016
Two new TV spots have been released for BvS. I hope they are the last set. It is becoming boring to me because 10 have been released so far. I understand that Avengers: AoU had 42 TV spots! That must have been quite a record!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:05am On Jan 26, 2016
TonySpike:
Two new TV spots have been released for BvS. I hope they are the last set. It is becoming boring to me because 10 have been released so far. I understand that Avengers: AoU had 42 TV spots! That must have been quite a record!
i h0pe so. I d0n't want any m0re news on bvs.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 7:10am On Jan 26, 2016
Minemrys:

hmm. C0nvincing argument. Whats the deal with Hal anyway? I never found him to be an interesting character. Justice League War and Doom animated m0vies sh0wed me he isn't that great. He's a character who takes himself too seriously while trying to be funny. Atleast T0ny Stark is m0re likable.
I won't argue there. Depends on the interpretation of the writer and the actor though. But the thing is the best GL stories are the ones with Hal...well, kyle reyner has cool stories too.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 7:11am On Jan 26, 2016
Minemrys:

i h0pe so. I d0n't want any m0re news on bvs.
The posters can keep coming though
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:17am On Jan 26, 2016
superbloke:

I won't argue there. Depends on the interpretation of the writer and the actor though. But the thing is the best GL stories are the ones with Hal...well, kyle reyner has cool stories too.
i prefer Kyle Rayner over Hal Jordan. If they can make Hal m0re like the late Paul walker character in fast and furious, i'd be happy. But i prefer Rayner and John. Rayner has the best c0nstructs in the GL as he is an artist.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:38am On Jan 26, 2016
Talking about Green Lanterns Corp, why is it that Guy Gardiner and Hal Jordan never agree? They are always fighting in most of the animated series I've watched. In my opinion, Hal is the most reckless of all GLs protecting the Earth Sector. This seems to be the root cause of his bickering with Guy. Guy is a much more practical GL, so is John Stewart.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.