Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,379 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1247174 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:20pm On Mar 21, 2016
Minemrys:

bro please give me the spoiler link. Superman would be back though. Em' where do you stay? And why isn't the m0vie coming into Naija this week?

I'm not in Nigeria though. I think it should be showing in Nigeria by next week though. ..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by honorbule(m): 8:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
TonySpike:

I'm not in Nigeria though. I think it should be showing in Nigeria by next week though. ..

Nah..film house and ozone cinema would be showing it this Thursday and Friday. ..Thursday 6.00pm..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 8:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
TonySpike:

Isn't that superman statue the one they showed in the trailers? I saw a full blow-by-blow BvS narration in the spoiler website I gave the link up there. I was almost tempted to read the whole thing but one line I saw was the death of Supes and Martha kent. I closed my browser immediately though make dem no spoil the surprise for me. Some peeps are already saying that Superman was treated badly in the movie due to his death. I guess this is the part of the movie is what leaves people with divided opinion. Why the hell should he die and batman lives to lead Justice league...lol? I like the outline of the movie already, this movie will change the Superhero genre forever! Unfortunately, I won't be watching it until next week Tuesday at my local cinema here. The full movie story would have circulated by then.
This is way too much spoiling
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
superbloke:

Bro, I can delete this post if you wish. Quite sorry it is spoiling the movie for you.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
TonySpike:

okay.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
superbloke:
i went to the site but didn't see anything.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:00am On Mar 22, 2016
Minemrys:

i went to the site but didn't see anything.

Lol, of course you won't see anything. You have to read page by page and that's gonna take a whole lot of your time.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 10:51am On Mar 22, 2016
reviews are pouring from those who have seen it...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 10:52am On Mar 22, 2016
Saw this tonight. A few thoughts: *sigh* I wanted to like this movie. Honestly, I did. I enjoyed Man of Steel, and I didn't hate this one - it has its moments - but I found myself disappointed and actually bored for the vast majority of it. The cast is all fine, with the exception of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. When I heard he was cast, I was very optimistic. I figured he would play it as a combination of his Mark Zuckerberg and his character from Now You See Me - somewhat of a sociopath and always the smartest guy in the room. But no, he played it very... weird, and almost cartoony. The score is positively obnoxious . It is so intrusive and tries to be so constantly bombastic that it's like beating you over the head for two and a half hours, and actually detracts from scenes instead of enhancing them. Just way too much and way too over the top. Doomsday feels completely tacked on in the last half hour. It's like they suddenly thought, "we need another villain, something for a big fight" and just added him on. Wonder Woman felt a little unnecessary as well. Batman and Superman would have been enough for this movie, but they felt it necessary to put WW in here too. I suppose she was okay, though, so whatever. However, the one scene where [Show spoiler] . It might have worked as a post-credits tease, but the way they just shoved it in the middle of the scene felt completely forced. A couple other random things: 1) There is one fight scene - Batman's fight in the desert - that tries to be so showy and elaborate as a one-shot sequence, but it is SO stiffly choreographed you can practically hear Affleck counting the steps in his head. Okay, you put your arm here, now I will flip you there, now I turn to this guy.... 2) Holy crap, how many dream sequences do they have to cram into one movie? 3) Even with his very limited screen time, Jeremy Irons is the best thing in the movie. DC/WB already has several more films planned out, but I can't help but feel it's another case of planning sequels before seeing if anyone actually wanted them. Man of Steel had its fans, but also many who didn't care for it, and I suspect this film will disappoint even more people. 3/5
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 10:53am On Mar 22, 2016
Just got back from seeing it. Will write more extensive thoughts tomorrow (I'm tired and the movie gave me a headache), but I will say overall it's good. Not great, not perfect, but good. Two fairly significant plot points bothered me (NO SPOILERS) -- one of them I just didn't understand how one character came to know something specific (if it was explained, I missed it), and the other just doesn't really make any sense. The pacing is also a bit off, the movie feels a little like TDKR in that it's spinning a lot of plates initially trying to set up a bunch of stuff (thankfully the overall movie isn't a catastrophe, though...). But the setting up of the other heroes in the JLA is handled well, Wonder Woman is AWESOME, the climax of the film is just about perfect, and the ending is very surprising and emotional. Solid 7/10 from me for now, but that could go up with a rewatch or two. Oh, and there was nothing during or after the credits, but I dunno if that's only for early screenings.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
I confess I was not expecting the heights for this film, it happened with the film Man of Steel, but certainly that's what I call redemption the best style. The film holds you from the moment that appears the DC comic logo until after the credits and I'm not exaggerating. Jesse Eisemberg is megalomaniac, as Lex Luthor, eccentric, he is a billionaire, a brilliant mind and can do anything. Its performance is orgasmic. God, I need to watch again this film. Bn Affleck as Bruce Wayne convinces transmitting an older Bruce, end of career, disillusioned, and their renewed energy with the arrival of Superman, Henry Cavill, who by the way, is his best performance. The film sequences are breathtaking, you are squirming in his chair, the action, the soundtrack, something unprecedented. The third act of Doomsday scared me, I will have nightmares at night. Surely the greatest threat ever created in superhero movies of all time, this monster is a being of destruction. Loved it. The sequence of the Trinity is orgasmic. Jason Momoa as Aquaman is excellent, great choice. The ambiance is very well produced, cities have a whole its characteristic, Metropolis, Gotham. One of the best movies I have ever seen in my life. Buy the Blu-ray version and store on the shelf.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
So, I saw BvS at an early screening, and it was easily the best superhero movie of all time, even better than "The Dark Knight." I went into the theater with already really high expectations, and the movie was even better than I expected. Yeah, the movie is pretty dark. It's darker than the Nolan trilogy, so that should give you a pretty good taste of what's to come. There are a few jokes here and there. Ben Affleck's performance as Batman was AMAZING. The best Batman yet. This one can actually fight, unlike Keaton's Batman who relied nearly solely on gadgets, and Bale's Batman whose fighting looked really dumb. For real, though, Affleck needs to win an Oscar for Best Actor. Eisenberg's performance as Lex Luthor was brilliant. Cavill's performance as Superman was pretty much the same as his performance in Man of Steel. His performance as Clark Kent was very accurate to the comics. Every other member of the cast did great, too, but those were the performances that stood out (Irons was great as Alfred, too).

The movie is ACTION PACKED. The fight between Batman and Superman was amazing. The way the fight was choreographed was beyond anything we've ever seen before. It's any fanboy's dream come true. As for the length of the fight: The true fight is longer than the Hulkbuster vs. Hulk battle in "Avengers: Age of Ultron." The reason I say TRUE fight is because there are technically two fights (sort of). One is a Batmobile chase (the end of it was the "Do You Bleed?" scene we saw featured in Conan), and the other one is the Dark Knight Returns-reminiscent fight (yeah, the one where Batman fights Superman in the armor). I'm not going to spoil who wins, but they both throw some pretty devastating punches at one another.

In the middle of writing this review, I forgot to mention Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman. I was a little worried about the accent, but she managed to hide it so that she gave us the Wonder Woman performance we've all been waiting for. She was pretty damn good (not as good as Eisenberg or Affleck, but good).

No crucial part of the film was revealed before the screenings or the movie's release. The visuals look amazing (except for one particular scene, where the CGI looked like trash). Overall, definitely a 10/10 film.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
Batman V Superman marks the very first time I have seen a movie on its opening night that has received a standing ovation. I never thought I would say it was better than the Dark Knight, but it is, and completely eclipses Christopher Nolan's brilliant trilogy. Firstly, I am going to cast all doubt aside about Ben Affleck as Batman – he is without a doubt the best and most accurate Batman we've seen to date – if the Academy didn't ignore films like these I would say a nod for Best supporting actor would be more than likely. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor was also surprisingly good and very fitting to the role he was given. However, there are too many great performances to mention, but it is fair to say the cast as a whole were absolutely outstanding and it is one the rare occasions where there were no existing weak links. The film is brilliantly written and carved to perfection by Academy Award Winning Screenwriter Chris Terrio and The Dark Knight trilogy front man David S. Goyer, who have created a rich and epic story that explores its characters effectively with surpassingly profound emotional heft. Its perfectly weighted blend of humour, emotion,. action and a subtle political agenda make for an entirely compelling and unforgettable affair. It is superbly filmed, and Snyder masterfully blends shots to create almost seamless sequences whilst establishing an emotional and compelling atmosphere. It truly sets a new standard for superhero films – and a new tone at that. Ultimately, Batman V Superman may not be the superhero film that we want, but its sure as hell the one we need.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
Just a hater or fan-boy Marvel might not like this movie. It is simply inconceivable that it is not given at least as good or excellent. In the premiere held in Mexico, the opinions were unanimous: One of the best films of superheroes history, if not THE BEST. The beginning of the film where the story of Bruce Wayne is retold, gets as dark and dramatic tone that the first time you can really understand the psyche of young troubled. The dichotomy Superman / Batman, is perfectly built in the course of the plot; almost a ying-yang. Jesse Eisemberg as Lex Luthor is fabulous, gave the most important role of his career, recalling the brilliant performance of Heath Ledger; but make no mistake, Batman v Superman Lex is not a joker, but one of the best complex figures and brilliant of all cinematic universe. I was in doubt in the best part of the film, 3. When the ass kicking breaks loose with Batman, which by the way, the best Batman, the times that Superman and Batman face off and fight against Doomsday. All the characters are perfect, I have no criticism of the film, only a scene that the CGI does not work 100%, but nothing that we would say be relevant. Just a fan-boy or hater to criticize such grandeur. Any sane person will assess at least 9/10 or 10/10.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
We should get official review ratings by 10 pm Nigerian time. I have no doubt that this will bode well...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
TonySpike:
We should get official review ratings by 10 pm Nigerian time. I have no doubt that this will bode well...
you are only quoting the ones that suit you.... why not post more balanced reviews.....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
kendrick9:
you are only quoting the ones that suit you.... why not post more balanced reviews.....

Must a balanced review have to score a movie 5/10 or what? I don't seem to understand. These reviews are from IMDB and I think they are balanced to some extent...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrDojo(m): 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2016
Nice to see BVS will be a quality film..... grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2016
This is John Campea himself. He scored BvS 8/10 (80%) after watching it last night, you guys should watch him in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1KCefx_V_o&feature=youtu.be
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
kendrick9:
is it really surprising that marvel fans want this m0vie to fail?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
Minemrys:

The ratio of good reviews to bad reviews I've seen so far is like 95%:5%. This is my opinion though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Ultimatesammie(m): 7:00pm On Mar 22, 2016
Basically looking at most reviews seems it was epic, but seriously some claimed its very bad, (how do you watch a movie like that and not have any positive review whatsoever and yet others are in aww for that same movie na wa ooo).
Cant wait to watch it this friday although would have wanted to see it on thursday.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
Ultimatesammie:
Basically looking at most reviews seems it was epic, but seriously some claimed its very bad, (how do you watch a movie like that and not have any positive review whatsoever and yet others are in aww for that same movie na wa ooo).
Cant wait to watch it this friday although would have wanted to see it on thursday.

Your review of any movie depends on your preconceived opinion of what it should be and look like. Some people are expecting DC to follow Marvel's style of cinematography and story telling, instead they get something very opposite. I cannot blame them for being so one-dimensional. The truth is that there's no single and perfect way of making a movie!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2016
Minemrys:

I'm far from being a marvel fanboy or dc hater whichever way u put it.....i just want opinions to be pretty balanced rather than downgrading or overrating a movie just because you are a hater or a fanboy....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
Ultimatesammie:
There are those who wont change there views regarding this movie due to being biased and some who will claim this movie to be the bestest ever..i think the answer lies in between....frm all the reviews i have read/seen so far, i think 8/10 seems more realistic...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
kendrick9:
There are those who wont change there views regarding this movie due to being biased and some who will claim this movie to be the bestest ever..i think the answer lies in between....frm all the reviews i have read/seen so far, i think 8/10 seems more realistic...
Sounds like it! The very first reviewer you quoted sounds depressed and irrationally subjective. He managed to find fault in everything like he was expecting something in particular from the movie. Where did you get those reviews from though?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 8:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
So far to me from what I perceive from online sources, the positives far outweighs the negatives and that's easily an 8+ for me. Will have to check it out myself cos I'm eagerly awaiting it's release here.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
TonySpike:

Sounds like it! The very first reviewer you quoted sounds depressed and irrationally subjective. He managed to find fault in everything like he was expecting something in particular from the movie. Where did you get those reviews from though?
its a movie discussion forum i saw it from...bluray forums i think..... seems like the film has opened in some parts of nyc.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 11:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
The reviews are somewhat mixed!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:19am On Mar 23, 2016
Raalsalghul:
The reviews are somewhat mixed!
Yeah, I can see the scores. I will comment on this later.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:05am On Mar 23, 2016
From some of the reviews I've read on metacritic and RT, I could tell that many of these sadistic reviewers were taken aback by DC's take on realistic and serious superhero movies. I can't imagine some of these hacks suggesting that the Marvel way should have applied. Just read what one of the hack reviewers on metacritic said:

It’s tough to take all the hardcore emoting seriously, particularly as the emotional heavy lifting is designed to be done by the occasional maudlin line in brief pauses between the explosions. For a film so concerned with its characters’ inner lives, there’s a fundamental disconnect going on here – enough to make you yearn for the lighter touch of the Marvel films.

Another hack reviewer said this on RT,

Overlong, underdeveloped and almost entirely humorless, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice may please die-hard fans by pitting two DC icons against each other. Everyone else may want to wait for the next Marvel movie.

Must everybody follow Marvel's standard? That's a dim-witted way to review a movie. I would say many of these reviews were intricately biased and I'm sure the audience scores will do justice. I personally noticed many of them dislike and seem to have an innate hatred for Snyder's interpretation, hence, eagerly condemning the entire movie. Already, audience reviews on RT are overwhelmingly positive, that's good enough for me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 6:56am On Mar 23, 2016
TonySpike:
From some of the reviews I've read on metacritic and RT, I could tell that many of these sadistic reviewers were taken aback by DC's take on realistic and serious superhero movies. I can't imagine some of these hacks suggesting that the Marvel way should have applied. Just read what one of the hack reviewers on metacritic said:

It’s tough to take all the hardcore emoting seriously, particularly as the emotional heavy lifting is designed to be done by the occasional maudlin line in brief pauses between the explosions. For a film so concerned with its characters’ inner lives, there’s a fundamental disconnect going on here – enough to make you yearn for the lighter touch of the Marvel films.

Another hack reviewer said this on RT,

Overlong, underdeveloped and almost entirely humorless, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice may please die-hard fans by pitting two DC icons against each other. Everyone else may want to wait for the next Marvel movie.

Must everybody follow Marvel's standard? That's a dim-witted way to review a movie. I would say many of these reviews were intricately biased and I'm sure the audience scores will do justice. I personally noticed many of them dislike and seem to have an innate hatred for Snyder's interpretation, hence, eagerly condemning the entire movie. Already, audience reviews on RT are overwhelmingly positive, that's good enough for me.

I'll see the film for my self this Easter monday and judge. But like seriously, can't Zack Snyder make a decent film. The first one was divisive. Now this is turning to be out rightly bad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.