Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,360 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1247165 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:06am On Mar 23, 2016
TonySpike:
From some of the reviews I've read on metacritic and RT, I could tell that many of these sadistic reviewers were taken aback by DC's take on realistic and serious superhero movies. I can't imagine some of these hacks suggesting that the Marvel way should have applied. Just read what one of the hack reviewers on metacritic said:

It’s tough to take all the hardcore emoting seriously, particularly as the emotional heavy lifting is designed to be done by the occasional maudlin line in brief pauses between the explosions. For a film so concerned with its characters’ inner lives, there’s a fundamental disconnect going on here – enough to make you yearn for the lighter touch of the Marvel films.

Another hack reviewer said this on RT,

Overlong, underdeveloped and almost entirely humorless, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice may please die-hard fans by pitting two DC icons against each other. Everyone else may want to wait for the next Marvel movie.

Must everybody follow Marvel's standard? That's a dim-witted way to review a movie. I would say many of these reviews were intricately biased and I'm sure the audience scores will do justice. I personally noticed many of them dislike and seem to have an innate hatred for Snyder's interpretation, hence, eagerly condemning the entire movie. Already, audience reviews on RT are overwhelmingly positive, that's good enough for me.

n0w why do critics hate snyder? If N0lan had released this, they'll be salivating with praise. Eisenberg foresaw this when he wrote an article m0cking the critics. I guess i'll have to see the film before i make c0mments. But BvS didn't fail.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 7:15am On Mar 23, 2016
Minemrys:

n0w why do critics hate snyder? If N0lan had released this, they'll be salivating with praise. Eisenberg foresaw this when he wrote an article m0cking the critics. I guess i'll have to see the film before i make c0mments. But BvS didn't fail.
I am beginning to think the problem might be with Snyder himself. Still, I have to see it before forming an opinion.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:23am On Mar 23, 2016
Raalsalghul:
I'll see the film for my self this Easter monday and judge. But like seriously, can't Zack Snyder make a decent film. The first one was divisive. Now this is turning to be out rightly bad.

I personally believe that this movie is decent enough. I think some peeps don't like the darkness, humourlessness, seriousness and gritty approach DC is taking for their movies. They want movies they can understand straightaway, full of humour and less complicated. Snyder's movies are none of these. I have personally had to watch Watchmen and MOS thrice to actually understand the psychology behind them. Snyder's movies are veiled, intellectually engaging and equally provoking. You can't watch them once and understand the gist. Even John Campea mentioned that he has to rewatch BvS to understand it better. I guess the world isn't ready for the likes of Zack Snyder. I like his works though...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by moneyallowed(m): 8:08am On Mar 23, 2016
So many knee-jerk reactions flying around, I think we need some perspective. I think BvS is a victim of hype and comparison. It's been almost 3 years since the movie was announced, non stop marketing and expectations get unrealistic after so long. There are also so many cbms around that the movie was going to be compared to others. That's why it seems like the critics are comparing it to marvel movies, they don't see any distinction, to them they're all superheroes

Anyway I don't want want you guys to be discouraged by the reviews, go out, see the movie and make up your own minds. Not every film has to be an Oscar winner and even the worst reviews all agree that BvS is entertaining. As a certain wise man once said, "better to fail aiming high than succeed aiming low". It's obvious the bar was very high so it bodes well for the movies coming up, especially Suicide Squad. That movie will be the bomb, Mark my words

Looking forward now I wish you would all stop blaming Snyder. He is a good director. There's an attempt to make him the scapegoat which is just sad. If there should be any blame cast, it should fall on the producer instead, David Goyer. Sorry to use the MCU as an analogy here but Kevin Feige is the producer behind all the marvel movies and he tells all the directors what he wants, gives them a common vision. There is always a plan to follow and it makes the directors work easy. It's the producers decision how many characters to include and he vets the final script . DC should hire a strong long term producer that can oversee the DCEU from infancy to the end, cos it's the end not the beginning that matters. Most people hated the Incredible Hulk, but no one remembers it now cos the movies that came after were good

In summary, ignore the trolls and go out to support BvS this weekend.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:36am On Mar 23, 2016
moneyallowed:
So many knee-jerk reactions flying around, I think we need some perspective. I think BvS is a victim of hype and comparison. It's been almost 3 years since the movie was announced, non stop marketing and expectations get unrealistic after so long. There are also so many cbms around that the movie was going to be compared to others. That's why it seems like the critics are comparing it to marvel movies, they don't see any distinction, to them they're all superheroes

Anyway I don't want want you guys to be discouraged by the reviews, go out, see the movie and make up your own minds. Not every film has to be an Oscar winner and even the worst reviews all agree that BvS is entertaining. As a certain wise man once said, "better to fail aiming high than succeed aiming low". It's obvious the bar was very high so it bodes well for the movies coming up, especially Suicide Squad. That movie will be the bomb, Mark my words

Looking forward now I wish you would all stop blaming Snyder. He is a good director. There's an attempt to make him the scapegoat which is just sad. If there should be any blame cast, it should fall on the producer instead, David Goyer. Sorry to use the MCU as an analogy here but Kevin Feige is the producer behind all the marvel movies and he tells all the directors what he wants, gives them a common vision. There is always a plan to follow and it makes the directors work easy. It's the producers decision how many characters to include and he vets the final script . DC should hire a strong long term producer that can oversee the DCEU from infancy to the end, cos it's the end not the beginning that matters. Most people hated the Incredible Hulk, but no one remembers it now cos the movies that came after were good

In summary, ignore the trolls and go out to support BvS this weekend.

Definitely, I will see it, but Snyder should be sacked. Two strikes now, we don't need a third one.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SIRcumalot: 9:38am On Mar 23, 2016
never knew this was coming out so soon only just saw deadpool. I just want to see superman kick arse that is all, hope hater no go bad mouth this movie finish and dem abandon the universe.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hahahahaha!!! This movie's being ROASTED on RT & MC.

I don't want to believe this movie's worse than Man Of Stool. I'm reading d critics say it's not fun Maybe dere's a new definition of fun i'm not aware of undecided

Scott Mendelson of Forbes said that he's not bothered about d bad reviews but dat d movie isn't "kid friendly" so i guess dat says a lot
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Jaymaestro(m): 5:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
The movie will be fantastic .
There are no doubts about Snyder's Visual skills, except the movie will be so dark , gritty and destructive – viewers will forget it's a comic book movie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
shockwave91:
Hahahahaha!!! This movie's being ROASTED on RT & MC.

I don't want to believe this movie's worse than Man Of Stool. I'm reading d critics say it's not fun Maybe dere's a new definition of fun i'm not aware of undecided

Scott Mendelson of Forbes said that he's not bothered about d bad reviews but dat d movie isn't "kid friendly" so i guess dat says a lot

Fun is when it is Marvel, I guess. Those guys are sickos. I'll watch the movie no matter what and form my own opinion instead of relying on all those biased reviewers.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
More reviews, seems that the introduction of doomsday and how zack handled the superheroes has divided people. Some feel he did a good job, "300" style in terms of being dark while others feel that it's over bloated and shoehorned.

www.digg.com/2016/batman-superman-reviews-is-it-good
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
A scathing criticism from collider.com. E be like say this zack synder carry curse for im back. Maybe WB should be looking for another director.

www.collider.com/batman-v-superman-review/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
Guessing marvel fans would be happy n0w, pissing on their pants that BvS is panned. <oups! Am crying!> are you pleased? guess what, No matter what still g0nna see it.
For DC fans, Snyder should direct JL or he should produce it with George miller directing Terrio's script if WB think snyder's cursed. But to me, snyder isn't cursed, he's misunderst0od. He should be left to do JL 1. For snyder to redeem his public image, he should direct an indie m0vie thats em0ti0nal and without acti0n.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
TonySpike:

Fun is when it is Marvel, I guess. Those guys are sickos. I'll watch the movie no matter what and form my own opinion instead of relying on all those biased reviewers.

Hahahaha!! Guy abeg no xplode o grin grin It's just a movie. But word tho, d last WB/DC want is deir universe bEing an after-thought to movie goers. Do u know d movie i pity most? Suicide Squad. If dat movie ends up being more serious dan it actually looks, it will be in TURMOIL! D next movie coming out this year that might cum under such vitriol is x-men apocalypse. Is just seems that d more dis movies try sumfin new, d more dey get blasted 4 being pretentious. Wicked!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
Minemrys:
Guessing marvel fans would be happy n0w, pissing on their pants that BvS is panned. <oups! Am crying!> are you pleased? guess what, No matter what still g0nna see it.
For DC fans, Snyder should direct JL or he should produce it with George miller directing Terrio's script if WB think snyder's cursed. But to me, snyder isn't cursed, he's misunderst0od. He should be left to do JL 1. For snyder to redeem his public image, he should direct an indie m0vie thats em0ti0nal and without acti0n.
This criticism is coming from DC lovers and film critics, it's a shame that the negative reviews are more than the positive reviews. Don't bring marvel or its fans into this, age of ultr0n faced similar criticism, nobody called on DC fans. And besides this fanboyism/blaming marvel fans or DC haters for whatever bad reviews DC movies receive is becoming stale.

I think WB should look for another director for JL because right now the criticism of this movie is coming from Zack Synder's work as a director. As for me, I will still see the movie, just not so soon.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 7:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
shockwave91:

Hahahaha!! Guy abeg no xplode o grin grin It's just a movie. But word tho, d last WB/DC want is deir universe bEing an after-thought to movie goers. Do u know d movie i pity most? Suicide Squad. If dat movie ends up being more serious dan it actually looks, it will be in TURMOIL! D next movie coming out this year that might cum under such vitriol is x-men apocalypse. Is just seems that d more dis movies try sumfin new, d more dey get blasted 4 being pretentious. Wicked!

I think suicide squad will scale through any criticism that will come it's way when it comes out. The only problem is the plot which isn't that strong but film goers will be interested in how this crazy psychopaths work together to fight crime and as for me, that's what I'm looking forward to. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
parrotibaba:
A scathing criticism from collider.com. E be like say this zack synder carry curse for im back. Maybe WB should be looking for another director.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

parrotibaba:

I think suicide squad will scale through any criticism that will come it's way when it comes out. The only problem is the plot which isn't that strong but film goers will be interested in how this crazy psychopaths work together to fight crime and as for me, that's what I'm looking forward to. grin

grin God 4 ur sake i hope ur right. Cus quite honestly, i don't think people r interested in "serious" movies. D concept's cool but it's being compared to guardians of d galaxy...unfairly. I think it's a more serious movie than it looks & people will react to that.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
Wow... It seems that the fans and critics are really divided on this movie... While most critic reviews have been mixed to negative, practically all user reviews on IMDb are positive
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Deztro(m): 1:46am On Mar 24, 2016
can someone help by telling me which cinema will premier bvs in portharcout thanks in advance
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SIRcumalot: 1:47am On Mar 24, 2016
SherlockWayne007:
Wow... It seems that the fans and critics are really divided on this movie... While most critic reviews have been mixed to negative, practically all user reviews on IMDb are positive
some people already made up their mind to hate the movie before seeing it.
comic book fans just have to pray it's profitable,as long as it is no shaking.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:18am On Mar 24, 2016
SIRcumalot:

A lot of people have decided to find faults in the movie right from the announcement of the title. I wonder why a movie gets a bad review because it is dark, lacks humour and isn't Marvel. Some of those reviews are just silly. At this rate, people will start questioning the purpose of reviews very soon, because it appears like a mafia group. This is the same thing that ruined this year's Oscars attendance, with a lot of black folks pulling out. Ticket sales are still up and running though...The movie has over 70% of ticket sales on movietickets.com
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 24, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Yeah... iNo longer trust ''professional'' critics' reviews. If the fans like it, there's a high chance of it being successful
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 7:36am On Mar 24, 2016
Don't care about the critics, I'll see things for myself and from Zynders perspective given his take on previous films. I don't care if the movie is dark (batman is dark; superman I think is still trying to set his moral standard after MOS destruction), so yes I'm expecting a dark movie. As for the lack of humour some say it lacks, will have to wait and see. These characters naturally aren't humour type; Marvel are. I think it's a preconceived notion ever since the cast was made open that Affleck and Gaddot were gonna be used, and ever since it's been divided opinion. DC shouldn't tell stories like Marvel. Movies watchers should try and understand the angle DC is trying to sell.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 7:46am On Mar 24, 2016
parrotibaba:

I concur-exactly what I said in the previous comment. He should be sacked!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 7:48am On Mar 24, 2016
Minemrys:
I don't want him to spoil Justice League for us. There is still time for Warner and co to sack him.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 8:18am On Mar 24, 2016
Raalsalghul:
I don't want him to spoil Justice League for us. There is still time for Warner and co to sack him.
why sack him tho? forget critics, this movie from all i have read is quite good...most people who have seen it are scoring it 8/10 or even 9..personally i'm looking forward to it...
it seems like ben affleck nailed his role as the batman.can't wait to see the new batman,one from all indications is very good in hand to hand combats unlike the weak batman in nolan's trilogy..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:45am On Mar 24, 2016
Zack Synder is one of the visionaries of the whole DC universe, along with Nolan and Geoff Johns. I don't think he can be sacked because he has committed so much into the DC Universe. What I think might happen is that he might be paired with someone else to direct Justice League: Part One. Synder has one of the best visuals, a skill that is very scarce in Hollywood. I think most of the problems with BvS came from the script. The original script was written by David Goyer and was re-adjusted by Chris Terrio. The dialogues came from the script, so also the scene setup. I would want to assume that a director only magnifies whatever script was given to him, he can't change it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:56am On Mar 24, 2016
Damn, the so-called critics may have failed this time around. Tickets are selling like hotcake now, it's has been trending around 70% for the past three days. I'm waiting to see where this movie's final figure will rest...

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 10:04am On Mar 24, 2016
TonySpike:
Zack Synder is one of the visionaries of the whole DC universe, along with Nolan and Geoff Johns. I don't think he can be sacked because he has committed so much into the DC Universe. What I think might happen is that he might be paired with someone else to direct Justice League: Part One. Synder has one of the best visuals, a skill that is very scarce in Hollywood. I think most of the problems with BvS came from the script. The original script was written by David Goyer and was re-adjusted by Chris Terrio. The dialogues came from the script, so also the scene setup. I would want to assume that a director only magnifies whatever script was given to him, he can't change it.
yea, quite agree with the visuals. Reports coming in say the visuals and score are the movie highlights; it's captivating. They say the man in charge have got to win the oscar for picture.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:44am On Mar 24, 2016
charlesm91:
yea, quite agree with the visuals. Reports coming in say the visuals and score are the movie highlights; it's captivating. They say the man in charge have got to win the oscar for picture.

Truly speaking, I am an artistic person who likes painting a lot. I would say Snyder's cinematography looks like framed paintings or collage, something extraordinary. The problem with that movie is mainly the script and I don't know why people are blaming Snyder for the little dialogues. Actors read their dialogues or lines from the script, which is always prepared by a screen writer and not a director. Heck, some even went as far as counting the number of lines from wonder woman, yeah, John Campea mentioned that Gal Gadot read only 16 lines throughout the movie, which is meagre. Can you imagine that sick observation? What kind of ridiculous scrutiny is that? Another commentary is the scattered editing of the movie which I could blame Snyder for. But , that is actually the fault of the movie editor, he determines which scenes to be deleted after full production, sometimes alongside the director. I am thinking that the huge 30 mins footage cut out from the movie accounted for these errors and consequently messed the chronology of scenes. All in all, I cannot totally blame Snyder for what those sick reviewers think went wrong. They have their gaddem opinions, but it appears many of them were highly prejudiced towards DC and Snyder already. They went into the movies with formed and biased mindset, thinking it would be a Disney honeymoon.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by moneyallowed(m): 11:05am On Mar 24, 2016
charlesm91:

Oscar for Best Picture? Lol that's the kind of hype that kills movies. I'll lower my expectations and go and watch BvS with an open mind.
These critics are professionals and get paid for this, it's their source of livelihood and they can't afford to be seen as biased. These are the same critics that gave The Dark Knight trilogy wonderful reviews. So there's obviously something wrong with the film, maybe it's not as bad as they're saying but I blame that on the hype, we were promised something spectacular and they probably didn't deliver
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SIRcumalot: 11:38am On Mar 24, 2016
moneyallowed:

Oscar for Best Picture? Lol that's the kind of hype that kills movies. I'll lower my expectations and go and watch BvS with an open mind.
These critics are professionals and get paid for this, it's their source of livelihood and they can't afford to be seen as biased. These are the same critics that gave The Dark Knight trilogy wonderful reviews. So there's obviously something wrong with the film, maybe it's not as bad as they're saying but I blame that on the hype, we were promised something spectacular and they probably didn't deliver
the Dark Knight trilogy had the benefit of nolan who could do no wrong at the time and was a media darling synder doesn't have that benefit.
concerning the critics they can shade reviews to some degree if their access to exclusive viewing is contingent upon giving a favourable review e. g starwars
what is the ceiling for comic book movies ?
this is something all this critics need to take into consideration.
I like man of steel very much,a non profitable BvS will probably not make justice league happen which I really want to see.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 11:39am On Mar 24, 2016
TonySpike:

Truly speaking, I am an artistic person who likes painting a lot. I would say Snyder's cinematography looks like framed paintings or collage, something extraordinary. The problem with that movie is mainly the script and I don't know why people are blaming Snyder for the little dialogues. Actors read their dialogues or lines from the script, which is always prepared by a screen writer and not a director. Heck, some even went as far as counting the number of lines from wonder woman, yeah, John Campea mentioned that Gal Gadot read only 16 lines throughout the movie, which is meagre. Can you imagine that sick observation? What kind of ridiculous scrutiny is that? Another commentary is the scattered editing of the movie which I could blame Snyder for. But , that is actually the fault of the movie editor, he determines which scenes to be deleted after full production, sometimes alongside the director. I am thinking that the huge 30 mins footage cut out from the movie accounted for these errors and consequently messed the chronology of scenes. All in all, I cannot totally blame Snyder for what those sick reviewers think went wrong. They have their gaddem opinions, but it appears many of them were highly prejudiced towards DC and Snyder already. They went into the movies with formed and biased mindset, thinking it would be a Disney honeymoon.
I feel u. Like I earlier said, a lot of people were opposed to Ben n Gal playing such iconic roles and have set their mind on that for a while now which makes it easier to critique. They say it's too realistic; Nolan's was. Zynder isn't trying to do a Nolan; he's portraying it his own way and that's why he didn't cast Bale as the Bat. And if he did something as close to Nolan's, he'll still be criticized as not being original. We've been spoiled with MCU coming out first and subconsciously people are using it to judge DCU. Not saying the movie will be the bestest but I'll like to give it a chance and watch it with an open mind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.