Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,075 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1241102 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
TonySpike:

Many of those reviews are self-contradicting and obtuse. I read one self-glorifying review from whatculture.com titled "Batman V Superman: I told you it was going to be rubbish". The guy was just grumbling throughout the article proving that his earlier bile of hatred against the movie is now justified. In the comments section, this reviewer, Alex Leadbeater, was properly tutored by movie fans. I later understood that the guy had been writing distasteful articles against BvS for a long time. Apparently, many of these guys are closet Marvel fans...
Sure... blame it on marvel...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
badinfluence:

Sure... blame it on marvel...
Where did I blame Marvel, dude?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
TonySpike:

Where did I blame Marvel, dude?
Who told you all the critics who don't like BvS are marvel fans. Typical human reaction. You guys are just funny I swear grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
badinfluence:

Who told you all the critics who don't like BvS are marvel fans. Typical human reaction. You guys are just funny I swear grin

I read some of the reviews and their preferences were overtly stated.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
TonySpike:

This is what you do when you read criticisms. Instead of blaming it on fan boyism and what not, see the movie for yourself and take note on the areas criticised. Be open minded, only then can you tell if the critics are biased or not.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
TonySpike:

won't say anything till i see the m0vie. My rants would c0me once i do.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Ultimatesammie(m): 8:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
TonySpike:
I just read that BvS made a whooping $27.7 million at yesterday night (Thursday) opening. That's quite impressive!
My local cinema has four viewing rooms for BvS and they rated it 61% here. grin
well it seems its doing well in the box office for now well lets see how it goes.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
Looks like I'll be watching this tomorrow.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by theoneJabulani(m): 9:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
Just finished the movie. What I can saw is Zack Synder made the same mistakes from man of steel. It would be average when viewed by people unfamiliar with the comic mythos. But like the film casts said earlier today, the film was made for comic book fans and lovers of supes. And am sure if you fall into that category, you would love the film.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by sage1000: 10:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
My rant on the movie, there might be mild spoilers.

It was really good. 7/10 movie and i can understand the problem most critics have with it.

The Plot. It suffers from having too many storylines adapted from "Batman Origin" to "Dark Knight Returns' to "Superman: Birthright" to "Man of Steel 2" to "Injustice" to "Wonder woman vol 1" to "Death of Superman" to "Justice league Origins". That is about 8 different iconic stories all potrayed in one single movie. If some stories where cut and more time given to expanding on other stories, man this would be the best CBM hands down. Example if they had gone more into the question asked "Does the World Superman?" asked, given more light to the debate and attempt to answer it, focus on whether Superman is Right at all etc instead of the too many setups for Injustice and another retelling of the Origin. I would have enjoyed it more.

Now for the acting was fantastic all round. Best Batman ever, Best Wonder woman ever, Cavill kills it as Superman. Lex though.....your mileage will vary but didn't particularly like him.

Emotionally, the movie is intense, like really intense with some great and emotional scenes. Can't go further here because spoilers but the scene at the end of Superman and Batmans' fight was amazing on so many levels and gut wrenching when you think about it more. there are other scenes like that but spoilers.

The end was easily the worst part. It came way to early and was freaking stupid on so many levels. it is a thing that should happen after like 5-6 more movies where the emotional impact would have hit harder. Now it is just................... really dislike that part.

All in all it only ranks below Dark Knight, Winter Soldier, Watchmen, Iron Man, Spider-man 2 and Avengers and could have easily been the best if not for a few issues.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by moneyallowed(m): 11:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
I'm trying to avoid spoilers so I'll summarise. Batman was great, the fights were predictable but cool, Lex is so annoying, the movie was too long. BvS deserves a part 1 and 2, they should have split it up.Oh and whoever wrote the script didn't try for Superman. Also the script my God, this film has the best examples of movie logic I've seen in a long time. So many things didn't make sense. You remember all the criticisms people had about Marvel movies, well they just crammed all of them into one film. I don't think any fanboy can argue after this. My biggest issue: the trailers. I wish I didn't watch any of the trailers, I would have enjoyed this so much more. There was only one "surprise" in the entire movie and even that I saw coming a mile off.
Thinking about it I can understand why some people will have different opinions about BvS. There are things to love and things to hate in it. In some ways it was an improvement on MoS but in others ways..... I've had time to reflect and I'll give BvS a 6/10. I would have given it a 5 but the acting is so good all round that it doesn't deserve it. Then I wanted to give it a 7 but that would mean it's really very good and it's not. It was disappointing but not as bad as people are saying. It could have been really great and I wonder if the directors show these movies to people that can give them honest criticism, cos there are simple things anyone could have pointed out to them, simple things that would have made this the best cbm ever

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SirWarlock: 12:11am On Mar 26, 2016
pple set very high expectations maybe too much sef for bvs given its the first we are having batman & superman on screen together, saw it & were disappointed. Well I haven't seen the movie from what am reading the big titular fight is just once and doesn't last long. Too much cgi, incredible fights & action (Zack Snyder's pizazz). Plotholes & not very good plot.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:01am On Mar 26, 2016
I appreciate all these reviews, it gives better opinion about this movie. Will give my own opinion later next week. By the way, this movie has netted in about $92 million already globally, from initial data.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 10:58am On Mar 26, 2016
jesse eisenberg portrays ridley rather than lex luthor.... when i first heard of this casting choice,i thought he was gonna be a mark zuckerberg/genuis and also a psycho rather we have this ridley wannabe portrayal...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 11:13am On Mar 26, 2016
Also ben affleck is looking sad.. why? how long did he sign up for?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Next2Bezee(m): 11:29am On Mar 26, 2016
moneyallowed:
I'm trying to avoid spoilers so I'll summarise. Batman was great, the fights were predictable but cool, Lex is so annoying, the movie was too long. BvS deserves a part 1 and 2, they should have split it up.Oh and whoever wrote the script didn't try for Superman. Also the script my God, this film has the best examples of movie logic I've seen in a long time. So many things didn't make sense. You remember all the criticisms people had about Marvel movies, well they just crammed all of them into one film. I don't think any fanboy can argue after this. My biggest issue: the trailers. I wish I didn't watch any of the trailers, I would have enjoyed this so much more. There was only one "surprise" in the entire movie and even that I saw coming a mile off.
Thinking about it I can understand why some people will have different opinions about BvS. There are things to love and things to hate in it. In some ways it was an improvement on MoS but in others ways..... I've had time to reflect and I'll give BvS a 6/10. I would have given it a 5 but the acting is so good all round that it doesn't deserve it. Then I wanted to give it a 7 but that would mean it's really very good and it's not. It was disappointing but not as bad as people are saying. It could have been really great and I wonder if the directors show these movies to people that can give them honest criticism, cos there are simple things anyone could have pointed out to them, simple things that would have made this the best cbm ever

Bashing the movie because it doesn't follow Marvel's standard of kiddy action and baseless comedy? Most Marvel comics are dark and involve a lot of blood and gore especially Hulk who has killed all the avengers in cold blood multiple times, but in the movies, Hulk smiles...like WTF grin

The Movie is true to the comics, so much more than Marvel movies. This isn't a fanboy rant, i enjoy all Marvel movies as well but i think Batman v Superman distinguishing itself is really cool. The plot in this movie was amazing and they certainly didn't give away much in the trailers at all, i means there are so much new stuffs in the movie (You can check this with any1 else that has seen it).

I gave BvS an 8/10. Cinematography, CGI and art were all brilliant. Lex Luthor's lines (if you actually listened to them were badass) and if you even follow the comics one bit you'd know that lex luthor is one really annoying shoemaker lol.

Without spoiling anything, my only problems with BvS was the lack of post credit scene, it's slow start and the transition between scenes. Even with these its an 8/10 because once the movie started going, i could even take my eyes off the screen to check the time. Ben Affleck is the best Batman Hands down, Gal Gadot is an awesome wonder woman and i never had any problems with Henry Cavill as Superman even in Man of Steel.

Conclusion: Go and Watch Batman v Superman cool

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:48am On Mar 26, 2016
I just watched Star Wars: TFA for the first time and I must say the storyline isn't as solid as the currently running animated series, Star Wars Rebel. I have this feeling that Hollywood is just one hell of a politicised industry. I feel that many reviews are somewhat skewed eventually.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 11:51am On Mar 26, 2016
Pained fanboys everywhere grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:58am On Mar 26, 2016
badinfluence:
What do you care? This thread accommodates everyone, and even fanboys. If you are irritated, there's a link called "unfollow" on this page. It actually appears twice, do click it if you feel alienated.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 12:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
TonySpike:

What do you care? This thread accommodates everyone, and even fanboys. If you are irritated, there's a link called "unfollow" on this page. It actually appears twice, do click it if you feel alienated.
Calm your balls dude.. passive aggression isn't always the answer grin.. why so serious??
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
badinfluence:

Calm your balls dude.. passive aggression isn't always the answer grin.. why so serious??

grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 26, 2016
Sage1000 wow! Such am awesome review. I sniffed so hard as a drop of tear threatened to roll out my eye. I will hold on to dat review of urs wen i finally see d movie.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by moneyallowed(m): 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2016
Next2Bezee:

Bashing the movie because it doesn't follow Marvel's standard of kiddy action and baseless comedy? Most Marvel comics are dark and involve a lot of blood and gore especially Hulk who has killed all the avengers in cold blood multiple times, but in the movies, Hulk smiles...like WTF grin

The Movie is true to the comics, so much more than Marvel movies. This isn't a fanboy rant, i enjoy all Marvel movies as well but i think Batman v Superman distinguishing itself is really cool. The plot in this movie was amazing and they certainly didn't give away much in the trailers at all, i means there are so much new stuffs in the movie (You can check this with any1 else that has seen it).

I gave BvS an 8/10. Cinematography, CGI and art were all brilliant. Lex Luthor's lines (if you actually listened to them were badass) and if you even follow the comics one bit you'd know that lex luthor is one really annoying shoemaker lol.

Without spoiling anything, my only problems with BvS was the lack of post credit scene, it's slow start and the transition between scenes. Even with these its an 8/10 because once the movie started going, i could even take my eyes off the screen to check the time. Ben Affleck is the

best Batman Hands down, Gal Gadot is an awesome wonder woman and i never had any problems with Henry Cavill as Superman even in Man of Steel.

Conclusion: Go and Watch Batman v Superman cool

Funny BvS had all the things you describe

Kiddy action - check
Baseless comedy - check
Weak villain - check

Seems like DC copied the marvel formula if we follow your reasoning. The plot is rubbish. For spoilers sake I won't mention all the plotholes but I'll just say this Lois Lane, Lex, Doomsday. That is all

I repeat the trailers spoiled the movie, it's the worst case I can remember in recent times. Apart from the final scene, which you'll still predict, they showed everything. Doomsday was terrible cgi, he looked like a character from a low budget movie
DC doesn't do post credit scenes, MoS didn't have one. Though they should have put that JL setup as post credits, it was lame the way they crammed it right before you know what. And don't get me started on that dream sequence

See ehn, I believe I was very fair in my review but the more I think about it maybe I was being too kind.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
moneyallowed:

Kiddy action - check
Baseless comedy - check
Weak villain - check

Seems like DC copied the marvel formula if we follow your reasoning. The plot is rubbish. For spoilers sake I won't mention all the plotholes but I'll just say this Lois Lane, Lex, Doomsday. That is all

I repeat the trailers spoiled the movie, it's the worst case I can remember in recent times. Apart from the final scene, which you'll still predict, they showed everything. Doomsday was terrible cgi, he looked like a character from a low budget movie
DC doesn't do post credit scenes, MoS didn't have one. Though they should have put that JL setup as post credits, it was lame the way they crammed it right before you know what. And don't get me started on that dream sequence

See ehn, I believe I was very fair in my review but the more I think about it maybe I was being too kind.
Lol.. oya dc fanboys attackkkkk!!! grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
badinfluence:

Lol.. oya dc fanboys attackkkkk!!! grin
Agent provocateur or troll, which name fits you better?
grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
TonySpike:

Agent provocateur or troll, which name fits you better?
grin grin grin
Badinfluence
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
badinfluence:

Badinfluence

Are you this clownish in the real world?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
TonySpike:

Are you this clownish in the real world?
Wouldn't you like to know...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
badinfluence:
Yeah, Yeah! A butt hurt Marvel fan who can't stand to hear that BvS is kicking ass at the box office despite the negative reviews.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 3:07pm On Mar 26, 2016
moneyallowed:

Kiddy action - check
Baseless comedy - check
Weak villain - check

Get used to this fact: 2016 is the year of D.C.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 3:14pm On Mar 26, 2016
Raalsalghul:
Yeah, Yeah! A butt hurt Marvel fan who can't stand to hear that BvS is kicking ass at the box office despite the negative reviews.
Aww.. a really pained dc fanboy who can't believe how much his beloved BvS is being thrashed. Wipe your tears sunny. In life, disappointments abound. Muahahahaha grin
BTW.. zack synder and co can console themselves with the box office gain, but you on the other hand are left to chew on the negative reviews.. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 3:17pm On Mar 26, 2016
Raalsalghul:
Get used to this fact: 2016 is the year of D.C.
And the almighty BvS is being slaughtered by critics.. DC's biggest movie yet and no impact so far.. this truly is the year of DC grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.