Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,342 members, 7,860,867 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:38 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1255379 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by friendlyadvice: 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
Omo I see wonderwoman trailer, that one just wan use konji kill person for ere na wa o abeg make una help me tell am to dey cover body

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ultimatesammie:

I dont get are they arguing about all that, its ok naa u guys no dey rest by the way this is a DC thread why not do it on the marvel thread.

that tells you how boring their thread is...lol!
.....and... oh! "THEY NEED FRIENDS"

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
Lana1:
What point exactly are u trying to pass across here?? Leonardo DiCaprio just won his first Oscar in 2016. It still didn't stop him from being any less an awesome actor in all those yrs he couldn't win it.

Marvel has produced an Oscar winning movie b4. So what's ur point here. They might not ve won as many as DC and none of the phase 1 to 3 movies so far have won any Oscars. But it still doesn't stop Marvel from being better than DC in 2016 like i stated in my post u quoted.
Leonardo DiCaprio doesn't need to win best actor for that movie to be justified great. he's movies had won Oscars and himself had been nominated several time before he finally won his individual award with "The Revenant". that's my point.
you don't need to win the best actor of the year; all you need is for your movie to be nominated.
So, if your movie Is so so epic....critic success and financially success then don't you think your chance of being nominated is high?

thank God you accept that no MCU has been nominated....lol! despite their bogus rating....
oh!... before I forget... "wetin I get before no be property oh!

13 (technically) great (like those marvelites would say) movies, but yet, no even single nomination.....lol!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
oyinkuro87:

When Marvel smells the Oscar award, please wake me from sleep...lol! Despite all their high high RT scores and billion billion dollars

Have you ever seen or heard movies that are critics (89% above) success, box office (1b+) success yet no Oscar nomination, except MCU? Excluding animation movies ooh!
This can..no!..not can..! This means, they are enjoyable, but aren't Damn fit to be mentioned where who is who when is time for big boys (Oscar). Perhaps they can go ahead to claim everything in teen choice award... grin
Sorry to bust your bubble
Oscar 2015 best motion picture nominee
Captain america winter soldier
Guardians of the galaxy
X-men days of future past
Interstellar
2 MCU movies 1 fox/marvel
Make research before typing

Oh a reminder spiderman 2 won an Oscar award
And iron man 3 also got nominated also
So please wake me up when a DC movie smell s Oscar award

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
kryptonian1987:

Leonardo DiCaprio doesn't need to win best actor for that movie to be justified great. he's movies had won Oscars and himself had been nominated several time before he finally won his individual award with "The Revenant". that's my point.
you don't need to win the best actor of the year; all you need is for your movie to be nominated.
So, if your movie Is so so epic....critic success and financially success then don't you think your chance of being nominated is high?

thank God you accept that no MCU has been nominated....lol! despite their bogus rating....
oh!... before I forget... "wetin I get before no be property oh!

13 (technically) great (like those marvelites would say) movies, but yet, no even single nomination.....lol!!!

Bro Oscar 2015 best motion picture nominee
2 MCU movies ( CA:WS AND GOTG) 1 FOX/MARVEL X-MEN DOFP. Google it

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
Shittaakeem:

Sorry to boat your bubble
Guardians of the galaxy
Interstellar
This is why i get tired of back and forth arguments these days.
See that one that quoted me too. I said Marvel except the(MCU movies) has produced an Oscar winner before. But he came out and said "thank God you accept that no MCU has been nominated". Later, they'll come out and be claiming professor of everything CBMs. angry angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
Shittaakeem:

Guardians of the galaxy
Interstellar

Dark Knight won an Oscar tho. So did Superman and Batman movies from the 70s and 80s respectively. But who really cares about the 70s anymore?? grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2016
CzarRex:
marvel shitty logic

at least in bvs,DC didn't pretend batman could beat doomsday, they know he couldn't and had him sit out just like black widow and Hawkeye should if the movies were realistic
Unlike BvS, Hawkeye and Widow in the Avengers weren't fighting against a Kryptonian beast that could survive nuclear explosions and fall to the earth from space without a single scratch. They were fighting against Aliens who could be killed by conventional weapons. So i see no reason why they should sit out an earth invasion.

No movie wey no get plot hole. If we look at BvS very well i'm sure we'll find one or two plot holes. So u need to chill bruh
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cupidhero(m): 9:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Why would a DC fan be arguing with Marvel fanboys? The award for the highest superhero rip off(s) goes to Marvel,DC is older than Marvel,the format used by comic books was invented by DC comics parent company. The best villains also belong to DC. MCU flops like Fantastic Flop(four) was created by Marvel just to reach the level of success DC at the time they were created. Box office numbers doesn't mean shit to me. The only thing DC needs right now are good directors.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 9:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
Funny u say DC fans. And then claim Marvel fanboys. Childish much!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
Bitter, Childish DC fans everywhere grin grin
*sips tea*
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
Lana1:
Unlike BvS, Hawkeye and Widow in the Avengers weren't fighting against Kryptonian beasts who could survive nuclear explosions and fall to the earth from space without a single scratch. They were fighting against Aliens who could be killed by conventional weapons. So i see no reason why they should sit out an earth invasion.

No movie wey no get plot hole. If we look at BvS very well i'm sure we'll find one or two plot holes. So u need to chill bruh
that's Superman for you, bro! as long there is sun for him to absolve-even his hair will be replenished back.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2016
kryptonian1987:

that's Superman for you, bro! as long there is sun for him to absolve-even his hair will be replenished back.
The "Kryptonian Beast" i was referring to is Doomsday. Supes survived the nuclear blast. But it still weakened him. Doomsday left unscathed like nothing happened.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
Lana1:
The "Kryptonian Beast" i was referring to is Doomsday. Supes survived the nuclear blast. But it still weakened him. Doomsday left unscathed like nothing happened.

ahhh! come on guy! Doomsday is an ancient specie that can absolve any kind of blast...
he keeps evolving. though they even made him look weaker compare to his comic version. even kryptonite wouldn't be able to kill him in his comic version. what ever kills him, he comes back stronger than it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2016
cupidhero:
Why would a DC fan be arguing with Marvel fanboys? The award for the highest superhero rip off(s) goes to Marvel,DC is older than Marvel,the format used by comic books was invented by DC comics parent company. The best villains also belong to DC. MCU flops like Fantastic Flop(four) was created by Marvel just to reach the level of success DC at the time they were created. Box office numbers doesn't mean shit to me. The only thing DC needs right now are good directors.

What is this one saying
THE MCU IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST HOLLYWOOD FRANCHISE MAN SO MARVEL IS WAY PAST DC IN TERMS OF SUCCESS.
Pls NOTE THE MCU IS WORTH 10 BILLION DOLLARS AND COUNTING TAKE NOTE 10BILLION DOLLARS AND COUNTING.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 6:51am On Aug 01, 2016
DC fanboys have started again now its awards I wonder what they will bring next....

I can get over the way they made Doomsday some gigantic LOTR cave troll. I mean yeah they made him WAY too big, without any real reason but its not a big deal. Or how they changed his origin story. Thats not the problem, the problem is that Supes vs Doomsday was an epic battle that spanned multiple issues. Which Snyder crammed into 15 minutes. The other problem is how ridiculously powerful they made Doomsday. They were pretty much equally matched in the comics, they literally knocked each other dead at the same time. That would have been far more impact than stabbing eachother lol.

Sensitive fanboys will jump at me and defend the movie like they've been doing since the film came out. But I'm speaking as a long time DC fan, I literally remember collecting the entire death of superman, and then reign of superman story line as a kid. That was actually the first major event I collected growing up, so it has a special meaning for me and while it was awesome to see it somewhat played out on the big screen, it could have been done better.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by CzarRex: 6:56am On Aug 01, 2016
warris all this na?

all this marvel fanboys on this thread,go to ur thread and make noise not here,ur thread so boring u head over to dc's thread as quickly as possible,

y'all should get the fu*k outta here pls,we are not here to discuss cap,iron man or avengers.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by CzarRex: 6:58am On Aug 01, 2016
they wanna hijack this thread,they wish this is the marvel thread not that boring shitty one they have there
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 7:01am On Aug 01, 2016
Dawn of rubbish....
1. The writing was poor.

2. The script was everywhere.

3. The performances (though interesting, especially Batfleck) were less than stellar.

4. They burned through at least seven Justice League chapters with Darkseid, Doomsday, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg clustered in the movie when it's supposed to be about BATMAN and SUPERMAN.

5. The Martha scene. Unarguably the STUPIDEST, half-assed, and meaningless scene in any movie.

6. I don't watch comic book movies for the action, I go for the story and for the deeper themes and meanings behind them. What theme or story did "Batman v Superman' have? It was a complete clusterfuck.

7. Even if it did have positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic, I'd probably still hate it for the same number of reasons I aforementioned because I don't trust ratings.

8. This movie is called 'Batman v Superman.' It's supposed to be a three hour long movie about the two most iconic DC comics characters fighting, yet we only get a fight that lasts 8 minutes, and ends because their mothers have the same names. What kind of lazy, half-assed garbage is that?!

So, please, tell me just how "epic" this movie is. Enlighten me in a way that will cause me to throw caution to the wind and change my opinion on a movie that's total garbage.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by CzarRex: 7:05am On Aug 01, 2016
MJBOLT:
Dawn of rubbish....
1. The writing was poor.

3. The performances (though interesting, especially Batfleck) were less than stellar.

4. They burned through at least seven Justice League chapters with Darkseid, Doomsday, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg clustered in the movie when it's supposed to be about BATMAN and SUPERMAN.

5. The Martha scene. Unarguably the STUPIDEST, half-assed, and meaningless scene in any movie.

6. I don't watch comic book movies for the action, I go for the story and for the deeper themes and meanings behind them. What theme or story did "Batman v Superman' have? It was a complete clusterfuck.

7. Even if it did have positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic, I'd probably still hate it for the same number of reasons I aforementioned because I don't trust ratings.

8. This movie is called 'Batman v Superman.' It's supposed to be a three hour long movie about the two most iconic DC comics characters fighting, yet we only get a fight that lasts 8 minutes, and ends because their mothers have the same names. What kind of lazy, half-assed garbage is that?!

So, please, tell me just how "epic" this movie is. Enlighten me in a way that will cause me to throw caution to the wind and change my opinion on a movie that's total garbage.
guy warris all this na? huh? why u still bringing a dead topic back

what's with ur hate against the DC universe huh? ur so green with hate and envy, u will give anything just to see the DCEU not prosper at all.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by friendlyadvice: 7:42am On Aug 01, 2016
#SuicideSquad 4 days to go
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 7:43am On Aug 01, 2016
Shittaakeem:

Guardians of the galaxy
Interstellar

wow!! though, I agreed for TWS and GOTG. but when did we start including fox marvel in MCU's world? mind you, if you are going that way, then there won't be any debate about whose the best.... cuz DC animation movies will be added to this debate. Also earlier Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman animations and movies will be too.... oh and lest I forget... the great Younger Justice that fans (including marvelites) are seriously begging WB to continue... not just even begging anymore, they are telling WB they are ready to use their hard earn cash to sponsor it... so Bros, no go that area atolll!!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 8:16am On Aug 01, 2016
you see them shitting on DC. Hating on DC. called DCEU a pile of shit, yet they can't stay on that lane that's filled with epicness! I don't even remember when I go to their lane (thread) and trolls.... cuz you know what, I am not a baby nor infant...lol!!
I so much love DC (though I respect marvel) because I and many others grew up loving comics and CBM because DC opened that door for us...
virtually 70% of Marvel characters are direct rip-off of DC's owns.
even Fantastic four and their cash cow Avengers, were copied from Justice League!
what about "the purple man"? the same too.... we can go on and on without pausing....
these characters have been in existence for more than 78yrs now (which DC has been leading the pack all till date).
just 8yrs on and off success naim won make some people kill themselves....lol!
DC reigning. 72/78....
Marvel reigning: 6/78... grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 8:17am On Aug 01, 2016
kryptonian1987:

wow!! though, I agreed for TWS and GOTG. but when did we start including fox marvel in MCU's world? mind you, if you are going that way, then there won't be any debate about whose the best.... cuz DC animation movies will be added to this debate. Also earlier Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman animations and movies will be too.... oh and lest I forget... the great Younger Justice that fans (including marvelites) are seriously begging WB to continue... not just even begging anymore, they are telling WB they are ready to use their hard earn cash to sponsor it... so Bros, no go that area atolll!!!!

Bruh which DC animation movies has been nominated for an Oscar award pls list them
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 8:26am On Aug 01, 2016
Shittaakeem:

Bruh which DC animation movies has been nominated for an Oscar award pls list them

kindly go through my comments again...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrEverything: 8:34am On Aug 01, 2016
MJBOLT:
Dawn of rubbish....
1. The writing was poor.

So, please, tell me just how "epic" this movie is. Enlighten me in a way that will cause me to throw caution to the wind and change my opinion on a movie that's total
garbage.

Rubbish post, Dawn of justice is an excellent film,the only reason it wasn't critically acclaimed was because it's presently cool to hate DC....people keep saying it made no sense,I keep asking myself which part did not make any sense?? If you're talking of films that make no sense let's talk about avengers where Bruce just happened to know how to control he's powers due to convenience, I mean what kind of stupid excuse is am always angry....if you're talking lack luster na marvel still chop am most of their movies e.g Iron man 2 and 3 just suck like badly I mean which marvel fan for hear go tell me the name of iron man 2 villain without checking Google?,even with all the CGI and shit it still sucked....now coming too the recent civil war(which is just a few guys fighting in an airport),why would tony?,the one and only irrational tony start agree to signing that shit?,just because some lady came and told him a touching story bla bla bla....I mean if we were to go on he's character you'd think he'd be the one to say no too it and cap be the one to try and enforce it....marvel just has fans who force themselves to like their shitty movies the one wey de vex me pass na guardians of the galaxy people fake their love for it cause it's actually a very very very stupid film how wish rocket and Groot no de I for cry nonsense....sha sha what I'm trying to say is in the next 10-20years from now DC movies will definitely be remembered as classics not marvel flicks am not saying both franchises don't have problems and plot holes I'm just saying if you're talking about story,acting,and feel of the movie DC is winning,Marvel just has more annoying fan boys who would never admit that they also have bad films....some people might not read this to the end(I wouldn't ) but I'm sure those that do and have brain will agree with me even if na small

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 11:10am On Aug 01, 2016
Stupid excuse....from The beginning Of this thread there Was so much hate for The mcu

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 11:15am On Aug 01, 2016
MrEverything:

Rubbish post, Dawn of justice is an excellent film,the only reason it wasn't critically acclaimed was because it's presently cool to hate DC....people keep saying it made no sense,I keep asking myself which part did not make any sense?? If you're talking of films that make no sense let's talk about avengers where Bruce just happened to know how to control he's powers due to convenience, I mean what kind of stupid excuse is am always angry....if you're talking lack luster na marvel still chop am most of their movies e.g Iron man 2 and 3 just suck like badly I mean which marvel fan for hear go tell me the name of iron man 2 villain without checking Google?,even with all the CGI and shit it still sucked....now coming too the recent civil war(which is just a few guys fighting in an airport),why would tony?,the one and only irrational tony start agree to signing that shit?,just because some lady came and told him a touching story bla bla bla....I mean if we were to go on he's character you'd think he'd be the one to say no too it and cap be the one to try and enforce it....marvel just has fans who force themselves to like their shitty movies the one wey de vex me pass na guardians of the galaxy people fake their love for it cause it's actually a very very very stupid film how wish rocket and Groot no de I for cry nonsense....sha sha what I'm trying to say is in the next 10-20years from now DC movies will definitely be remembered as classics not marvel flicks am not saying both franchises don't have problems and plot holes I'm just saying if you're talking about story,acting,and feel of the movie DC is winning,Marvel just has more annoying fan boys who would never admit that they also have bad films....some people might not read this to the end(I wouldn't ) but I'm sure those that do and have brain will agree with me even if na small

Doesn't change the fact that CW Is better than all dawn of rubbish even with supes batman and wonder woman
2016 belongs. To MCU
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrEverything: 11:30am On Aug 01, 2016
MJBOLT:

Doesn't change the fact that CW Is better than all dawn of rubbish even with supes batman and wonder woman
2016 belongs. To MCU

A person who's more invested in story would know dawn of justice is better because it made more sense....notwithstanding civil war was a good movie thanks to Black panther and Spidey
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
MrEverything:

A person who's more invested in story would know dawn of justice is better because it made more sense....notwithstanding civil war was a good movie thanks to Black panther and Spidey

How? At least "Civil War" was actually well-written and had great performances and a compelling story. Not to mention the fact that the Black Panther and Spider-Man are actually relevant to the story and have prominent roles in the movie. What purpose did Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Doomsday, and Darkseid have being in BvS?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrEverything: 1:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
MJBOLT:

How? At least "Civil War" was actually well-written and had great performances and a compelling story. Not to mention the fact that the Black Panther and Spider-Man are actually relevant to the story and have prominent roles in the movie. What purpose did Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Doomsday, and Darkseid have being in BvS?

What are you even saying bros none of the avengers had anything to do with the story in civil war except cap and tony,then Bucky and T'challa.....how on earth does bvs not have great performances did you watch the same bvs,even lex people are hating on did pretty good,he reinvented the character and he wasn't even playing lex but lex jnr so I dont get the hate...darkseid wasn't in the movie bro,doomsday was there to unite the trinity,he was essentially a plan B lex jnr had for supes...wonder woman and the rest just had cameos so you'd get a taste of future installments....This DC marvel argument is frustrating self cause it'll never end we're all entitled to our opinions too me sha DC is way better
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpS_bVc27ws

Recap @ The Watchmen, Dr Manhattan kills Rorschach in a very gory manner after Oxymandias framed him up by exploding a high-grade nuclear bomb (built by Manhattan himself) in Times Square, New York. Rorschach didn't want to play a part in the "global peace plan" of Oxymandias, where millions of Americans have been murdered. This is one of the best works of Zack Snyder, a cult classic like BVS is becoming!

By the way, Dr. Manhattan rebooted the DC Universe recently which led to DC Rebirth, launched in May 2016. Dr Manhattan, like Flash, both have the power to change timelines. Can anyone tell me any other superheroes in the DC universe that can alter timelines?

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.