Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,966 members, 7,848,913 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:56 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1250487 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by moneyallowed(m): 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
It's become clear what's went wrong with Suicide Squad

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squads-secret-drama-rushed-916693

The studio is to blame. To anxious to make money so they take the control from the director and chip in what they think audiences like. So you get a case where Justice League and Suicide Squad were supposed to be dark, deep films but they become filled with jokes in an effort to make them lighter and fun. Marvel went down this road and it didn't work out, that's why they give their directors more freedom. Marvel have found the formula that works for them after many attempts, it's foolish to think that copying their success will work. DC need to chill and step back, it's not a race, take the time to make good movies and the money will come, because at this rate even if the next movie is great, people may have already become biased against the DCEU and the box office returns might drop

I had high hopes for Suicide Squad so it's really sad to see the negative reviews. I'll still watch it though, been looking forward to it for too long. For those of you that were all "Sack Snyder", think it's time to admit the studio might might be the problem and not the director
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:02pm On Aug 03, 2016
Raalsalghul...zack snyder; more like sack snyder.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
Lmao. grin grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
Lol. All of u dat rely heavily on critics sef. Why even bother?? Go watch the movie ursef and form ur opinion.

I dont care what any1 says. I'll go watch Suicide Squad. And if i like it, i'mma go watch it again.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Olamzy001: 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
Pls add me to the whatsapp group 08163727964
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:39pm On Aug 03, 2016
moneyallowed:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squads-secret-drama-rushed-916693

The studio is to blame. To anxious to make money so they take the control from the director and chip in what they think audiences like. So you get a case where Justice League and Suicide Squad were supposed to be dark, deep films but jthey become filled with jokes in an effort to make them lighter and fun. Marvel went down this road and it didn't work out, that's why they give their directors more freedom. Marvel have found the formula that works for them after many attempts, it's foolish to think that copying their success will work. DC need to chill and step back, it's not a race, take the time to make good movies and the money will come, because at this rate even if the next movie is great, people may have already become biased against the DCEU and the box office returns might drop

I had high hopes for Suicide Squad so it's really sad to see the negative reviews. I'll still watch it though, been looking forward to it for too long. For those of you that were all "Sack Snyder", think it's time to admit the studio might might be the problem and not the director
Warner Bros messed up BvS with choppy editing and now they messed up Suicide Squad with more choppy editing and pacing. It is very sad that this happened, I read that the director, David Ayer, threatened to abandon the movie because of WB interference. Apparently, the latter reshoots of Suicide Squad contributed to the inconsistency in the movie's tone. I think DC should leave Warner Bros completely, if possible. I think Snyder has very little fault in the Suicide Squad saga, even though David Ayer is a fan of Snyder's works.
Can you imagine that there were two cuts of Suicide Squad movie: WB's cut and David Ayer's cut? It seems that the WB cut was given priority to appeal to post-BvS sentiments
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 10:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
this how to detect those that trolls:

Avengers' budget: $220m. breakeven target...? silence...

Iron man3's budget: $200m. were there breakeven target?... I guess nope!

AoU's budget: $250m. here too unko? silence...

CA: CW's; budget: $250m. just like others...

MOS's budget: $225m. breakeven target...? At least $700m...

BvS's budget: $250m. breakeven target...? yes! it needed $800m to at least for a start!!

now, what about SS own?
trolls are saying it also needs, at least $800m too to breakeven for a budget of $175m...

I know some will come here and say the marketing budgets were so high for DC, but relatively low for Marvel..!
"we don't know their breakeven"! only WB and Disney know..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SIRcumalot: 6:46am On Aug 04, 2016
moneyallowed:

The studio is to blame. To anxious to make money so they take the control from the director and chip in what they think audiences like. So you get a case where Justice League and Suicide Squad were supposed to be dark, deep films but they become filled with jokes in an effort to make them lighter and fun. Marvel went down this road and it didn't work out, that's why they give their directors more freedom. Marvel have found the formula that works for them after many attempts, it's foolish to think that copying their success will work. DC need to chill and step back, it's not a race, take the time to make good movies and the money will come, because at this rate even if the next movie is great, people may have already become biased against the DCEU and the box office returns might drop

not Me,I still have to watch it to see why it is taking such a beating but I was never excited about this movie.
somebody recommended I watch the animated movie which is really good.
thinking about it now,I think Affleck should have been the guy that started this universe people like his batman,and they should have slowly expanded from there .
I saw the JL trailer and it looks like they are going that way.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 8:42am On Aug 04, 2016
And to think that David Ayer was shouting "f'ck Marvel" when the movie was premiered. Ayer you see your life.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrEverything: 9:05am On Aug 04, 2016
The fact this movie is getting this kinda hate from rotten tommatoes,io9 and den of geek makes me want to watch it badly....whether you guys agree or not critics have a vendetta against DC because you know they are being layer...sites that I actually follow are empire and imdb and their ratings are pretty solid
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 9:09am On Aug 04, 2016
MrEverything:
The fact this movie is getting this kinda hate from rotten tommatoes,io9 and den of geek makes me want to watch it badly....whether you guys agree or not critics have a vendetta against DC because you know they are being layer...sites that I actually follow are empire and imdb and their ratings are pretty solid

bro d ratings are found down very fast on imbd from 8.9-8 its not even listed on imbd #250 movies
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 9:12am On Aug 04, 2016
parrotibaba:
And to think that David Ayer was shouting "f'ck Marvel" when the movie was premiered. Ayer you see your life.
Tomorrow the guy will feel the wraith of marvel fanboys.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by friendlyadvice: 9:21am On Aug 04, 2016
#SuicideSquad tomorrow yay!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 9:23am On Aug 04, 2016
MrEverything:
Oga there's no vendetta against DC movies, when fantastic four was heavily criticized by this same critics, nobody talk anything but once a DC movie is negatively criticized, there must be a gang up which is allegedly fuelled by Marvel.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrEverything: 9:56am On Aug 04, 2016
parrotibaba:
Oga there's no vendetta against DC movies, when fantastic four was heavily criticized by this same critics, nobody talk anything but once a DC movie is negatively criticized, there must be a gang up which is allegedly fuelled by Marvel.

The fantastic four movie was not part of the MCU guy...name one mcu movie that gets this kind of hate from rotten tomatoes especially since the first avengers movie
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrEverything: 9:57am On Aug 04, 2016
Shittaakeem:

bro d ratings are found down very fast on imbd from 8.9-8 its not even listed on imbd #250 movies

That's simply because of marvel fanboys and rotten tomatoes
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:41am On Aug 04, 2016
Yeah, I'll put the entire blame on Warner Bros for screwing up Suicide Squad. Imagine, Jared Leto has confirmed that WB cut out a lot of Joker scenes in the their theatrical cut. This is so so silly!

http://batman-news.com/2016/08/03/jared-leto-joker-scenes-cut-suicide-squad/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:52am On Aug 04, 2016
These are the people that matter!

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 10:55am On Aug 04, 2016
MrEverything:

The fantastic four movie was not part of the MCU guy...name one mcu movie that gets this kind of hate from rotten tomatoes especially since the first avengers movie
My point is that whenever a movie is shitty, it gets panned whether na marvel or DC. WB owns 30% of Rotten tomatoes so I no get all this "gang up against DC movies" bull crap.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:21am On Aug 04, 2016
parrotibaba:
shh u are embarrassing the fandom. Cover DC fans yansh nah. Haba.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by seribroo56(m): 11:23am On Aug 04, 2016
parrotibaba:
My point is that whenever a movie is shitty, it gets panned whether na marvel or DC. WB owns 30% of Rotten tomatoes so I no get all this "gang up against DC movies" bull crap.
personally do you feel bvs deserved 27/100 thats an F
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrEverything: 11:30am On Aug 04, 2016
parrotibaba:

Since today everyone's being using this WB owns 30% of their shares.... If you can't see that this critics are out to get DC then your OYO.....I mean bvs 27 and sharknado and iron man 3 get more than 3 abeg how?,all DC cinematic movies get bad ratings because they don't want them to grow
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2016
MrEverything:

Since today everyone's being using this WB owns 30% of their shares.... If you can't see that this critics are out to get DC then your OYO.....I mean bvs 27 and sharknado and iron man 3 get more than 3 abeg how?,all DC cinematic movies get bad ratings because they don't want them to grow
if you really read most of the reviews about suicide squad, you will see that the complains are the weak storyline which I myself mentioned here before, the poor editing(same as bvs) and the misusing of certain characters like joker in the movie, among other things. Nobody is ganging up against DC, only hardcore DC fans think that, these movie critics are professionals and some of them are even DC fans. Metacritics also scored the movie 47% out of 100.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrEverything: 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2016
parrotibaba:
if you really read most of the reviews about suicide squad, you will see that the complains are the weak storyline which I myself mentioned here before, the poor editing(same as bvs) and the misusing of certain characters like joker in the movie, among other things. Nobody is ganging up against DC, only hardcore DC fans think that, these movie critics are professionals and some of them are even DC fans. Metacritics also scored the movie 47% out of 100.

You just proved my point is the same thing the critics use which is stupid, sha me just de wait make e commot for silver bird abuja make I go watch
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
Seriously is this movie really bad its now 7.8 on imbd This is the third time today the ratings I've reduced.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2016
I am totally in for it as long as people like; Jon Schnepp, John Campea, Mark Hughes and this time, Kevin Smith love it!!!!
Coming this Saturday!!!
though, I will be the judge for myself.

I think I just saw a question on THR magazine asking if "Incredible Hulk movie was really better than Dawn of Justice"....
I believe maybe some of these people have started reasoning logically now, unlike before! And that will definitely help CBM's universe a lot!!!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 3:01pm On Aug 04, 2016

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
Shittaakeem:
Seriously is this movie really bad its now 7.8 on imbd
This is the third time today the ratings I've reduced.

the truth is that, like 70-90% people voting there have not even seen the movie....
you know, RT can easily decide for many "mainstream fanboys". especially when it got to do with CBMs.
Let's see if there would be good words of mouth to propell it leg....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrEverything: 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
I need recommendations guys which gaming system I fit get with 150k?...I wan make e play GTA v and the new assassins creed n cod black ops3 with batman arkharm series e possible?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2016
MrEverything:
I need recommendations guys which gaming system I fit get with 150k?...I wan make e play GTA v and the new assassins creed n cod black ops3 with batman arkharm series e possible?
Wrong thread. Go to Gaming section. There are plenty PC gaming threads. We'll ansa ur questions there
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
MrEverything:

You just proved my point is the same thing the critics use which is stupid, sha me just de wait make e commot for silver bird abuja make I go watch
on the contrary I didn't, I just gave you an idea of what most of the critics are saying and this includes some fans who have seen the movie. If a movie is bad, it will be criticized negatively, it has nothing to do with a gang up.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrEverything: 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2016
Lana1:
Wrong thread. Go to Gaming section. There are plenty PC gaming threads. We'll ansa ur questions there

I did that I didn't get replies so thanks but no thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.