Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,558 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. (17084 Views)

Pro-Biafran Supporters Protest In Spain Over Nnamdi Kanu's Detention. PICS / Move To Impeach Fayose Suffers Setback / Ekiti Speaker Dismisses Plot To Impeach Fayose, Wants Omirin Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by babestella: 8:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
oluwafestus:
The truth is that fayose problem started with his illegalities. Eg 7 pdp members impeaching the speaker of the house and other APC members, 7 pdp legislators approving the state budget for the year, his death wish of GMB etc. He should remember the saying that wat goes round comes round. His own turn to feel the heat.

I have a question for you; where were those 19 lawmakers when 7 impeached the speaker mr. Omirin.?
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by Menace2Society(m): 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2015
menix:

Dem dey para cous he did now allow them loot...
Mumu undecided
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by discusant: 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
Buhari, Vendetta and Vindictiveness, these are all that are spurring this endless move to impeach Fayose. Or why can't Ekiti people ignore impeachment for the sake of peace in Ekiti and wait to vote out Fayose a few years from now?

During the presidential campaign, Fayose hit Buhari hard.
Buhari is yet not president, but the heat of vindictiveness is already around as seen in Ekiti Fayose.

Buhari as HoS had to follow critic, Umaru Dikko, all the way to the UK.
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by kalohkaloh: 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
It is disturbing that notable Elders of Ekiti like Afe Babalola, the Obas and the Clergy kept quiet when the wayward Governor Ayo Fayose used 7 lawmakers to impeach 19; harassed Judges; passed unlawful budget and started spending public funds illegally; and abusing the President elect who is old enough to be his father! They are now blackmailing the 19 lawmakers on the altar of wanting peace in Ekiti! They and Fayose are manifestly insincere! The impeachment must go through so that next time, they will quickly condemn falsehood to avoid unpalatable consequences!
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by telad(m): 9:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
folahann:

This is not about PDP or APC ruling the state. It is about Fayose's lawlessness and his reign of Impunity. How can you victimise opposition lawmakers and use 7 out of 26 to pass bills and confirm appointments.
It is not done, up till now, those 19 lawmakers have not received their salaries since October.

I know, there are better ways to collect their salaries and fight this, I know its not now that the governor just started using 9 lawmakers. The impeachment sud av been done long ago, d timing is not just right for Ekiti now. His impeachment won't right d wrongs.
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by LordCenturion(m): 9:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
topearos:
. Illiterate like your descendants, well you are shortsighted and may be suffering from psychological neurosis. #proudly Ekiti boy.

I wonder why u suddenly mentioned psychological neurosis until I saw ur username (topeAROS),can't blame u, I blame those useless being that let u leave ur cage..

1 Like

Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by topearos(m): 9:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
LordCenturion:

I wonder why u suddenly mentioned psychological neurosis until I saw ur username (topeAROS),can't blame u, I blame those useless being that let u leave ur cage..
. Sharap! I left you in the cage, abeg go back ur food go soon show.
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by LordCenturion(m): 9:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
topearos:
. Sharap! I left you in the cage, abeg go back ur food go soon show.

I don't know Wat to say cuz u are my fellow yoruba guy, if not, I would have dealt with u..

But I leave I bro

2 Likes

Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by folahann(m): 9:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
telad:

I know, there are better ways to collect their salaries and fight this, I know its not now that the governor just started using 9 lawmakers. The impeachment sud av been done long ago, d timing is not just right for Ekiti now. His impeachment won't right d wrongs.
He uses 7. 7 lawmakers as against 19. There are 26 lawmakers.
They couldn't have proceeded with impeachment process before Presidential elections. You know Jonathan, Fayose and impunity. The APC lawmakers dare not try anything at that time, they'd have been dead by now.
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by eagle13(m): 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
10milion fayemi n dere papa tinubu can not impeach fayose
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by laffwitmi: 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
Meaning you are clueless
dunkem21:
GEJ my Hero ..FAYOSE my role model grin grin grin

Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by Remmyode(m): 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
it was fayose's bad mouth that is hunting him. not the APC lawmakers. believe me

They know better, believe me. The thing is thats the only thing left for them (PDP) and they are making it look like an extra ordinary thing. Where were they when Fayose chased them out of the state cos of the presidential backing.
For the records, Aregbesola situation in 2010 was similar to that of Fayose when he got his mandate with over 70% of the house are PDP members, as rascal as Aregbesola is he never used the 30% of his APC lawmaker to chase out the 70% PDP lawmaker even in the first set of local government appointment, it was 60% to APC and 40% to PDP. He waited patiently for election time and he won all the house member seat. Instead of Fayose to thread the same path he dare God and started doing the unthinkable thinking he's got everything to himself until God turned the table against him. He must surely dance to the beat of war he started. Impeach, He must.

2 Likes

Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by frayoontop1(m): 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
kissWhen fayose remove dem from house people did not say anything but na that thy want to remove him na u people are complaning. see life na kiss
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by vodacom: 11:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
steppin:
They said PDP members are bullies, what are they doing now?
I hope Buhari's govt won't be an eye for an eye?
Una neva see anything. Shebi una say una wan change? . Una go see pepper wella.
Disclaimer: personal opinion courtesy FOI by last PDP president
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by wealth123: 1:18am On Apr 18, 2015
paulolee:
hmmmm...... made an epic comment abT d impossibility of Fayose bein impeached n xo many biased Apc goons quoted mi n even went far ahead n insulted mi...
instead of replying dem, I used my time wisely n ignored dem coz sumtims, silence is far better dan arguing with some sets of bunch of hypocrits dt just choosed to b blind to d fact...
I traveled n stayed in Ekiti n av seen d waY Fayose controls dt state n wud still stand on my words dt Fayose can NEVA b impeached coz he gat d total support from the Top n also d masses Dan any oda party rep..
I kno some apc goons wud say he av wasted xoo much of d state funds bt I c no problem in Dat coz tinubu n Rochas av done d same n even worst...
Apc can Neva b in charge of Ekiti state even if deY use violence, deY wud still fail coz Fayose controls n he gat d support from d masses just lyk apc controls Lagos state....
dt my opinion bt bashings ar allowed....

nobody will bash you. its just that you are one of those that will cry with fayose before may 29. however, if he will humble himself, beg God for forgiveness, do restitution. God can have mercy.
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by nsyforreal: 2:58am On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=LordCenturion post=32830702]This people are illiterate,they deserve better man to govern them,,I don't know y they want to stick with this thug,they are supporting him because of his useless stomach infrastructure, does that stop him from milking their state?, there is massive unemployment in ekiti[/quote

if you want to impeach fayose,please try and impeach aregbesola too.has rubbished osun state .
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:29am On Apr 18, 2015
Remmyode:

They know better, believe me. The thing is thats the only thing left for them (PDP) and they are making it look like an extra ordinary thing. Where were they when Fayose chased them out of the state cos of the presidential backing.
For the records, Aregbesola situation in 2010 was similar to that of Fayose when he got his mandate with over 70% of the house are PDP members, as rascal as Aregbesola is he never used the 30% of his APC lawmaker to chase out the 70% PDP lawmaker even in the first set of local government appointment, it was 60% to APC and 40% to PDP. He waited patiently for election time and he won all the house member seat. Instead of Fayose to thread the same path he dare God and started doing the unthinkable thinking he's got everything to himself until God turned the table against him. He must surely dance to the beat of war he started. Impeach, He must.
yu've said it all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by kennymeritus: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2015
Political bigots often based their submissions on sentiments comment on the social media shud be based on objectivity and we should be tolerant of other people's view if democracy is the government of d people then Kete Ekiti have spoken tru d ballot d desired change in Ekiti is not a mere party slogan nor a ficticious appeal to polity. The state wants a leader dat will deliver d dividends of democracy and also deliver dem frm d hegemony of d elites who dont care abt d masses .Fayose is working
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by Kingkamal(m): 9:45am On Apr 18, 2015
dunkem21:

Bunch of losers including you. Please refresh your brain
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by mamamo01: 11:49am On Apr 18, 2015
Since majority of Ekiti people love and accepted their Gov,why don't we aiiow their. Sleepin dog to lie afteral
APC as claimed majority d of state
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by dunkem21(m): 12:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
dunkem21:

Miralulu, wetin happen

You wan tempt me, ba? ..you've succeeded.

1 Like

Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by PhockPhockMan: 12:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
mamamo01:
Since majority of Ekiti people love and accepted their Gov,why don't we aiiow their. Sleepin dog to lie afteral
APC as claimed majority d of state
APC is power drunk.
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by folahann(m): 10:44am On Apr 21, 2015
babestella:

As far as I know the situation in Ekiti, those 19 lawmakers left Ekiti the week Fayose was sworn in s the governor of the state. They were camped in Lagos holding several meetings with tinubu and APC party chieftains apparently to stall legislative functions in Ekiti and paralyze government functions. A sane lawmaker will not abandon his duty post to come sit in Lagos with tinubu. That is why the issue of 7 greater than 19 comes to play. Literally 7 is not greater than 19, but when you have rebellious and revengeful lawmakers including the speaker (Mr. Omirin) abandoning their allegiance to their state (Ekiti), run to Lagos and taking orders from Tinubu, the state has to move on, government cannot wait for them and they cannot hold Ekiti to ransome, hence the 7 is greater than 19 equation. As we all have seen, they all only came back when Buhari/APC won presidential elections. Let the truth be told, those lawmakers are messed up and they are all acting on the instructions of Tinubu and OBJ, but I'm sure they will meet their match in the resolve of Ekiti people to defend their governor.

FROM SEGUN ERINLE - ONE OF THE EKITI 19
LEGISLATORS:
Many people all over the world have requested
for my opinion on what is happening between
the G19 which am a member and the Governor
of the state, Mr Ayodele Fayose.
Please my comment is my comment and does
not represent the opinion of my colleagues in
the 4th Assembly. I as an individual believed in
moving Ekiti forward and my other colleagues
have similar opinion.
The issue at hand commenced sometimes around
November 2014 when Mr Governor sent three
bills to the house:
1. Screening and confirmation of three
commissioners.
2, reconstitution of local govt caretakers
committee and
3. Resolution of the house to take two billion
central bank loan to assist our people in Ekiti.
The House of Assembly in her wisdom passed a
resolution authorising Mr Governor to take the
loan as it would help our people, on the issue of
commissioners, the house directed them to
submit thirty copies of their CV to the clerk of
the House of Assembly and to report on the
next sitting of the House for screening. The issue
of the local govt was step down as the matter
was already in court, moreover the House of
Assembly in her last sitting has authorised the
reconstitution of the caretaker committee in
sixteen local govt and nineteen LCDAS.
Mr Governor was not properly briefed and
instead to call on the leadership of the House to
be fully briefed, he decided to call the bluff of
the G19 and instead decided to work with the
G7, he prevented the G19 from entering the
house of assembly by using executive powers, he
allowed the G7 to sack the entire house and they
were barred from coming to the house of
assembly, their salaries and allowances were
stopped by Mr Governor using executive power
on issues which should have been solved
politically. Seven members became the majority
and on the orders of Mr Governor, a new
speaker emerged along with a deputy speaker
and a majority leader. The G19 were sent packing
and they were chased out of Ekiti as if they dont
enjoy the mandate of the people, Mr Governor
as stated earlier deprived them of all their
Constitutional rights, no salaries and allowances
and they should not be seen around the
Assembly Complex.
Members of the G19 waited for six months
thinking a political or legal solution could be
achieved but alas nothing was coming hence the
issue now resulted to the G19 now deciding to
use the power conferred on them by the
constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in
asking the Chief Judge to set up an investigative
and unbiased panel to see whether the governor
was right in all the actions he took since
November 2014:
(a) has a governor got the right to debar elected
members from performing their duties?
(b) has a governor got the right to withhold
salaries and allowances of elected members of
the House?
(c) has a governor got the right to use only
seven members in a house of twenty six
members to pass bills especially the budget of
the state?
These are the questions to be put before the
panel to be set up before the seven member
committee. If the panel says Mr Governor has
got the right, that is the end of the matter.
l must remind our people that Governor
Aregbesola of Oshun state worked with the
opposition when he emerged as the governor,
similarly Governor Oshiomole of Edo state and
Governor Mimiko of Ondo State.
Nobody in the G19 wants problems for Ekiti but
it is our collective view that political solution
should have been procured to the little problems
in the last six months when nobody was talking
but instead the G19 were being castigated as
trouble shooters. Pls rebroadcast it. Let 20 to
50 people seen it. We need Justice and peace.
Re: Supporters Protest APC Lawmakers Fresh Plot To Impeach Fayose. by igbonigerian: 6:45pm On Dec 05, 2015
Am expecting Mr. Pres. to romance dearly with any good Governor with loving mind but in this case I think Fayose is standing alone.

The voice of the people is the voice of God

God is with you Fear not my dear Fayose.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? / Emir Sanusi Absent From Ganduje’s Inauguration / 2023: Senators Scheming For Governorship Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.