Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,125 members, 7,957,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:24 AM

Is The Guy Too Old For Me - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is The Guy Too Old For Me (2808 Views)

Man Proposes To Cheating Girlfriend, Brings Along The Guy She’s Cheating With / Is She Too Old For Me? / *ladies* Can You Get Pregnant For A Guy Too Old To Live With His Mother...?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
I don't think the age gap is that bad

The point is if you are ready to get married to him, if you are, then go for it.

Being 20 years old, and getting married doesn't really mean anything. You are already an adult and can make that decision for yourself.

Also if you are still in school, you should consider the fact that you about to get married and all your concentration and attention will be on your man, vice versa
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by redhook(m): 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
See people asking op about love! What does a glorified adult of 20 know about love? @op try to get yourself some ambition, focus on some sound education and a career to boot! Unless you just want to spend the better part of your twenties acting as a semi literate baby making machine in some guys house,angry at how you look and the guy, and wondering why you were never a part of all those good singles experiences your peers always come you jist about!
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by amokeme(f): 7:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
missclasssy:
Op, there are a lot of things you have to put into perspective.

First of all, do you really want to get married now? Do you feel you are physically, emotionally and psychologically prepared for marriage at the point?
I won't say you are too young to marry but only you knows if you are ready.

That being said, you really need to ask yourself some questions and be sincere about the answers.
~Do you really love this guy, and is he someone you would like to spend the rest of you life with?
Age isn't really a barrier to love but you alone have the true answer to this question.
If you truly love him and he truly loves you and your face and heart lightens up whenever you visualize the two of you as a couple then go ahead.

I don't know if you are through with your education or if the marrying now is going to in any way affect that but I trust you to consider these things.
If your parents and siblings are in support, I don't see anything to worry about...

Thanks.
Op here is the perfect reply you need..
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by cirmuell(m): 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
chimkaire:
I know one grin. The wife complains of him listening to his Transistor Radio int the wee hours of the night cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

*runsoff*
gringrin
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
OP, by mere asking this question, I sense a problem. The age gap isn't too big IMO. But at the end of the day, only your opinion matters: the final decision is yours alone to make, and the consequence(s) yours alone to bear. Take time out to pray and clear any doubts before taking that huge leap. Good luck.
Nneka123:
I don't think the age gap is that bad

The point is if you are ready to get married to him, if you are, then go for it.

Being 20 years old, and getting married doesn't really mean anything. You are already an adult and can make that decision for yourself.

Also if you are still in school, you should consider the fact that you about to get married and all your concentration and attention will be on your man, vice versa
Chai...this young lady can be so smart. Lemme go and practice GMAT and read my thesaurus, just in case she quotes me one day. Please don't reply me yet: still studying.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by grace97(f): 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
well I am through with school..and presently serving kisswell I am through with school..and presently serving
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by sinaj(f): 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
missclasssy:

First of all, do you really want to get married now? Do you feel you are physically, emotionally and psychologically prepared for marriage at the point?

That being said, you really need to ask yourself some questions and be sincere about the answers.
~Do you really love this guy, and is he someone you would like to spend the rest of you life with?
Age isn't really a barrier to love but you alone have the true answer to this question.
If you truly love him and he truly loves you and your face and heart lightens up whenever you visualize the two of you as a couple then go ahead.

I don't know if you are through with your education or if the marrying now is going to in any way affect that but I trust you to consider these things.
If your parents and siblings are in support, I don't see anything to worry about...

Thanks.

nice one smiley

i gained too coz m exp. d xme tin now smiley
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
You're a darling after all.

Just tell 'em boys to shove it . grin
smiley
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by alexis007(m): 8:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
missclasssy:

Thanks.
this lady and mizmycoli have a lot in common.......apparently obtained a Bsc. in Guidance-and-counselling while @ uni. They could give as much advice in one post as your own mum can offer you in a lifetime. The only diff between them is that the former type in plain fonts while the latter does hers in italics

2 Likes

Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by maureensylvia(f): 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
LewisO:

Naso marriage dey sweet u for body?

Do u care to ask her if she's ready before dropping this?

my friend face your front and mind your business, if she is not ready y den is she complaining?
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by LewisO: 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
maureensylvia:

my friend face your front and mind your business, if she is not ready y den is she complaining?
Why can't u confirm something before advising? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
My dear...
Iv got 4 friends who got married @ ur age and i can confidently say, their marriage attracts jealousy.
11 years gap is not enough to stop u 4rm getting the man of ur heart.
Iv seen peeps with 10-15 years age difference but are doing fine in their narriage.
If u love him and he loves you, go ahead and may God richly bless u with all blessings attached to a godly marriage.
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
sinaj:

nice one smiley

i gained too coz m exp. d xme tin now smiley

Thanks smiley
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by jamillion: 10:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
Shift jor, if he's responsible y nt, or do u think u are too young at 20? Better decide before despirados+30 30 snatch him off ur net
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by ITbomb(m): 11:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
All these old cargoes that are opening their legs to over 20 men will come hear and be like "ain't you too young for marriage, wait till you are 26", but they forgot to add "and be like us"

2 Likes

Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 17, 2015
Are you in University? 20 years is a bit too young to get married, you should be in University, Polytechnic or any other Higher Institutions. However if you feel he is the right person, then go ask your parents.

grace97:
by house..am having a problem.am 20 years and a 31 year old guy is coming to ask for my hand in marriage....is d age gap not much
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by DeUltimate7(m): 2:09am On Apr 18, 2015
SleekyP:

sense cool
,your response legit# shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Some Guys Like This???????????? / Mrsphyno Where Are You? Please Come And See What I Have For You / I Feel Better Now After My Sexcapade On Saturday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.