Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,561 members, 7,823,483 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date (48361 Views)

Okorocha, Tinubu Set To Clash Over Ministerial Nomination / Jonathan's May 28 Handover Date A Plot To Invite A Military Coup. / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by kayus2015: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
APC should resist this sham with vehemence as there is a sinister motive to poison GMB at the get-together as revealed by a US based prophet,Dr. Fayemiwo,since April 2nd,2015. And he warned strongly that the message should not be treated with a kid glove.
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by yungcheda(m): 1:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
otr1:

Go and do as I said...read!!!
How bad was the economy when even the clueless one got a job in a College of Education in 1983 as a fresh graduate?
And the kunu drunkard with a lot of his age mates became rulers at age 30 but now, at 72, the old kunu drunkard can't let his grand children rule...
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by zoomzoom(m): 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
kodded:
why always look at a negative point of view when jonathan does a thing ?

if apc call for hand over date to be may 28 you will be shouting. jumping and praising sai buhari

smh undecided

U dey mind the mumus?...as the learned SAN said in the article in question,handover is a process...and I don't recall ikedi ohakim being present when rochas okorocha was sworn in as the governor of imo state..didn't hear bull about constitutional provisions.
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by okpanachil: 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
abanzi:

The famous certificate has now been found by our Military, but for the purpose of discussion, let us assume that this certificate (SSCE) was not available. Are you really aware of what the constitution says regarding qualification of the candidates? The constitution provides for other certificates that may be deemed as equivalent or surpassing. GMD having passed through several training colleges has certificates that override the so called SSCE certificate so it would never have been an issue.
To put it in perspective, if you have a Masters degree certificate, it overrides your First degree certification even if you had a 3rd class.
PDP and people like you, just fell into the trap of focussing of non-issues instead of gaining relevant momentum for the GEJ administration. Try and learn a lesson from this.

You sound like a smart guy,but how on earth you believed that this phantom certificate was found makes me wonder,did you see a copy,or are you relying on the Tweet of Sen Afikuyomi,aside that Tweet have you seen any evidence to buttress your point?Do you think as loud as APC is such a thing would happen n this country and they will not rub it on every ones face.In the bid to defend their position they held a press conference on this issue when it was alleged that Oga had no certificate,so you think APC would settle this thing in HUSH HUSH tone if true?Did you notice how rattled APC were a few days to the presidential election when Lai Mohammed came up with the rumour that GMB was going to be disqualified on same grounds?

Talking about perspective,how do you build a storey building without a foundation?

The guy lied on oath and if not for our shambolic justice system,he is guilty of perjury.

I have always maintained that the guy is just as corrupt as our other leaders,only difference been that he is not guilty of financial corruption.Else how do you apply and force your way through a process you are clearly not qualified for and even go ahead and lie under oath?
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by gbabs64(m): 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
In my opinion, this just reaffirm that GEJ really take the people of this country for granted, otherwise how can you handover a country at a dinner party?
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by otabsky: 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
Hand over documents and interact -28th

The formal, legally binding handover -29th.

What is the issue there? Mountain out of a mole hill.

GEJ will be there on the 29th and do his part to further Nigeria's democracy. The paranoia should stop. Better than before,this "new" move is to entrench interaction and a smoother transition,not to undermine the process.

Interim govt was alleged,same with arming ND warlords to erupt violence. All have been shown to lack merit. This is just another in the long list of paranoid allegations that will cease being acceptable once May 29th 2015 is past and the mantle of governance rests on new shoulders.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by eckersley: 2:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
commentus deletus
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by olagold65: 2:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
Trusting God won't make the mountain smaller but it will make climbinng easier,with due respect sir ( incoming president and outgoing )both of hve rise to level that common nigerian would ever pray for,please both let the love of ths dear nation be at ur heart not useless information that is cappable of causing problem,pls sir gej have done is part let give incoming free air to do he's, please Gmb outgoing have initial some thing in job creation and security improvement,which is introduction of new security agent name task foce these agency will creat additional 15000 jobs for our unempolyed gradut ,please mr president ( general mohamed buhari ) I plead you in the name of God to uphold it and revertilize it to international standard,to you sir outgoing you have done what I beliver is the best in this last election,respect respect respect,a world is enough fr u sir ure an icon, to you sir obj,pls forgive and forget d past pls and as an elder reconcile with your son gej, let move on,nigerian we have to protect incoming government,let preach unity pls,if u want to abuse me pls use here to abuse me, oyebamijioyeniyi98@gmail.com,God bless nigeria,God bless obj,God bless gej God bless gmb,God bless me,thank u
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by ocelot2006(m): 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
otr1:

Go and do as I said...read!!!
How bad was the economy when even the clueless one got a job in a College of Education in 1983 as a fresh graduate?

Hey, hey!! Just zip it there! Did the high unemployment rate start under GEJ'S watch? And wasn't it under the same GMB that the VERY BASIC commodities needed were scarce causing queues at shops across the country? Yet you have the audacity to spew rubbish here? Imagine this blockhead. If you dont have a clue about a subject matter, just STFU before you put your ignorance on display here. Now go face your books before you fail your WAEC exams again.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by ocelot2006(m): 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
otabsky:
Hand over documents and interact -28th

The formal, legally binding handover -29th.

What is the issue there? Mountain out of a mole hill.

GEJ will be there on the 29th and do his part to further Nigeria's democracy. The paranoia should stop. Better than before,this "new" move is to entrench interaction and a smoother transition,not to undermine the process.

Interim govt was alleged,same with arming ND warlords to erupt violence. All have been shown to lack merit. This is just another in the long list of paranoid allegations that will cease being acceptable once May 29th 2015 is past and the mantle of governance rests on new shoulders.

Please TELL THEM!! I don't understand this APC clowns at all. Thank God they'll on the hot seat for once with no one else but themselves to blame. Will they still push all their problems to GEJ at Otueke? Jeez..
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by ocelot2006(m): 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2015
989900:
Is the president jetting-out on the eve of 28th May, before the president-elect takes over?

Or, there is something sinister planned for the 29th of May?

Yes, GEJ wants to poison GMB, then instruct the military to take over before he flies down to Otueke via UFO......Woooooooooooooooooo! !!

Seriously, when the ruling party is made up of perpetual whiners and conspiracy theorists/tin foil hat wearers, this nation is in trouble.
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by deelobe: 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by Anglovel: 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
why does shallow minded people always look at a negative point of view when jonathan does a thing ?

if apc call for hand over date to be may 28 you will be shouting. jumping and praising sai buhari

Nonsense Literarily
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by Sodiumdawg: 4:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
kodded:

BEFORE ELECTION buhari said "will FIGHT BOKO HARAM and bring back the girls"..................after the election"i dont think i can bring back the girls"

BEFORE ELECTION buhari said "i will change nigeria within 4 yeras".....................after election "nigerians shouldn't expect miracles"

............smh undecided

WORST PRESIDENT LOADING 15%................................

15% will be in some months' time.

GMB is not yet there.
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by empress4u: 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2015
otr1:
It's ok if he's ashamed of appearing in Eagle Square on May 29, but Baba will not attend that unconstitutional hand-over taking place on May 28.

you apc fans and your baba shld use ur heads for once. GEJ is not a violent man.
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by M16: 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2015
kodded:
[s][/s]
mumu undecided

In Oshiomole's voice. Go and Die

worst president loading 5%...................
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by kodded(m): 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
M16:
In Oshiomole's voice. Go and Die
YABA LEFT NO FAR undecided
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by M16: 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
imsuboi:
On the other hand, I'll be patiently waiting to watch interviews of this illiterate cheesy

Who else has noticed that out of all the juicy developmental policies being projected from that thieving party, none have come from this rheumatoid arthritic septuagenarian??

His idea of developmental policies are what a typical secondary school dropout would project
1) making a dollar equal to a naira
2) giving everyone 5000naira monthly.
3) stabilizing crude oil prices singlehandedly
4) ending boko haram in 2months grin etc

Go and Die. In Oshiomole's Loudest voice

We are waiting

We are watching wink

Feel free to quote me and vent your frustration grin

And yes, I'm Igbo
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by M16: 4:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

APC _UPon say dem win they r still afraid of GEJ, Sha who shudnt be. person wey dem tag clueless n who is democratically align wif the rule of law can be cluelessless.

clueless and daft
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by empress4u: 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
otr1:

What official announcement are you waiting for after the Information Minister has already done that?
APC will never take part in that illegality. He must handover in the full glare of the world on May 29. It's ok if he wants to be absent because of the shame, but handing over in a dinner a night before, is nothing but nonsense.

you guys can never seize to amaze one. if he had decided to hand over a day after you would have raised brick and brim stone. now he is doing it for you a day before. you see sinister in it. anyway, a man who lives by the sword is always afraid to die by the sword.
if you cannot accept the hand over on 28, then you are not ready to rule the nation.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by empress4u: 5:00pm On Apr 18, 2015
olas24u:

GEJ may be planning a coup or have other motives ,what is difference between 28th and 29th?

ask yourselves
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by M16: 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
kodded:
call me what ever you wana call me bro..... All I know is that buhari regime will be the worst.........
........Bookmark this page if you wanna

Will never be as bad as jonathans for sure
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by M16: 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
imsuboi:

How does my area of residence influence the fact that your president-elect is an illiterate?

LOL. But he is not clueless
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by kodded(m): 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
M16:

Will never be as bad as jonathans for sure
WANA BET ? grin
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by success10(m): 5:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
Some people are just unnecessarily stupid, y
will u as a Nigerian close ur eyes to c truth
and allow it to be told...? but instead allow
tribal sentiment, we all know that handinq
over power on May 28th is unconstitutional
and there may consiquences 4 the neglegent, the army may be watchinq, our
enemies may be waitinq 4 the leak to sneak
in, we walked hard for this Change and we
must not do anything to bring down our
collective efforts for it. We as a country are
governed by the laws of a democratic government, GEj must be made to do the
right thing by there4 handinq over on the
slated date...
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by success10(m): 5:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
Yes! APC should reject it in totality. It's out
of d constitution as democracy day in
Nigeria remain May 29th of every 4 yrs.
Who will rule Nigeria 4 d remaining 8hrs
after handing over on 28th May? Nigeria
will have no president 4 8hrs or so. Think of what can happen 4 that short period! Junta
or anarchy? Let's think well Nigeria!
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by M16: 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
datribune:

Hahahaha, yeah I remember u as one of those deluded TANoids who thought we would keep d kleptimaniac in power. Newsflash Dumbo - nigerians ar not dumb like u. We rejected GEJ, d most divisive leader in our history. No more TANoids. Good riddance to d Divider-in-Chief. Good riddance to Shepopotamus. Good riddance to TANoids.

Tanoids be coming back to life, like a roach that has been hit with baygon doing the death dance.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by datribune: 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
eckersley:

Correction to the bold:
The adjective ought to be orubebeic and not orubebic.
It's a proper adjective derived from the proper noun Orubebe.
Kindly note this correction so u do not repeat this grammatical error.
Thanks

I like to learn something new & i don't pretend to know everything. However, reading thru some of ur posts, u come across more as someone who believes his/her intellectual acuity is far superior to d discernment of others. I'll put it bluntly, u ar a classic case of "OVERSABI".
If your smartness overshadows ur wisdom, u may want to dial it back a notch.
In ur mind u ar an intellectual giant but remember - a person can be too smart 4 their own good.
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by ocelot2006(m): 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
success10:
Some people are just unnecessarily stupid, y
will u as a Nigerian close ur eyes to c truth
and allow it to be told...? but instead allow
tribal sentiment, we all know that handinq
over power on May 28th is unconstitutional
and there may consiquences 4 the neglegent, the army may be watchinq, our
enemies may be waitinq 4 the leak to sneak
in, we walked hard for this Change and we
must not do anything to bring down our
collective efforts for it. We as a country are
governed by the laws of a democratic government, GEj must be made to do the
right thing by there4 handinq over on the
slated date...

Care to point out the section of the consttution were it states that the president must hand over on May 29. we await your response.
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by otr1(m): 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
empress4u:

you apc fans and your baba shld use ur heads for once. GEJ is not a violent man.
We're not convinced. He may do the handing over on May 28 for all we care, he will repeat it again on May 29. We don't have a date with him at the dinner.
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by otr1(m): 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
ocelot2006:

Hey, hey!! Just zip it there! Did the high unemployment rate start under GEJ'S watch? And wasn't it under the same GMB that the VERY BASIC commodities needed were scarce causing queues at shops across the country? Yet you have the audacity to spew rubbish here? Imagine this blockhead. If you dont have a clue about a subject matter, just STFU before you put your ignorance on display here. Now go face your books before you fail your WAEC exams again.
You're very daft!
If you've not been watching too much NTA and AIT before March 28, you should know that Naira was #0.8 to $1 and Buhari refused to devalue our currency despite the pressure from the West. Now go and find out why there were scarcity of basic commodities most of which are imported goods.
If you're looking for the person who really destroyed Nigeria, go and meet IBB- GEJ's Father.

I will not descend to your level as to be throwing infantile tantrums with you.
Go and look for your age mate. I'm beyond that ok?
Re: Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date by eckersley: 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
datribune:

I like to learn something new & i don't pretend to know everything. However, reading thru some of ur posts, u come across more as someone who believes his/her intellectual acuity is far superior to d discernment of.others. I'll put it bluntly, u ar a classic case of "OVERSABI".
If your smartness overshadows ur wisdom, u may want to dial it back a notch.
In ur mind u ar an intellectual giant but remember - a person can be too smart 4 their own good.

hmmn. The only dictionary in which Orubebe is used is the Urban dictionary (I stand to b corrected)
The word has yet to gain any traction in d English language and I can bet it won't.
I merely exaggerated ur 'adjectival' usage of d word to highlight how funny it sounded.
Well it's a pity d joke misfired.
I'll unquote u.
For the sake of national unity in the forthcoming regime, non commentus on ur other remarks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jonathan Urges Nigerians To Patiently Wait For INEC To Collate, Announce Result / Caption This Photo Of Aisha Buhari And Tinubu at The Iftar / FG Accepts 5-Point Demand Of EndSARS Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.