Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy (23914 Views)

Jonathan Advices Nigeria To Accommodate Gay Marriage Today(see Details) / IMF Advices Nigeria To Seek International Assistance / I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by baralatie(m): 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
chuna1985:

Lack of knowledge which is the major national problem in Nigeria has a very strong grip on you. Since 2012, GEJs government has been building 3 refineries in Lagos, Kogi n Bayelsa, their name us green field refinery initiative . make out time n investigate, Also look for knowledge. ...... D refineries are being built with part of sure P funds
APC is built on developing a s eario of hatred against Gej

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Arizona1: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
Jaypea98:

Hush!!!!!! By the time GMB removes fuel subsidy you ll see the difference between his and that of GEJ...Olodo
What will be the difference and how will it be? Do you even know what subsidy means?
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

For how long now. I repeat, if GEJ wanted to set up Refineries, it would have been done. Why build three? Why not get a working refinery. Please, the idea that rrefineries could not be set up because of the subsidies is a lie.

So refineries are built in few months? please go n read bro, we all have phones n internet access these days ..

http://www.quora.com/How-long-does-it-take-to-build-an-oil-refinery
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The Chinese are moving forward because they are waging a strong war against Corruption. A war against corruption does not stamp out corruption but give the country a chance too grow.

please read now, China's corruption is growing every year ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by baralatie(m): 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

For how long now. I repeat, if GEJ wanted to set up Refineries, it would have been done. Why build three? Why not get a working refinery. Please, the idea that rrefineries could not be set up because of the subsidies is a lie.
Let me ask you a simple question?
let me say you have $2 billion to build a refinery
now as it is the NNPc is the sole marketer of refined petroleum products at a subsidized price.but your contract says you are to refine and sale at international rate with no incentives.will you invest?
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
baralatie:

now as it is the NNPc is the sole marketer of refined petroleum products at a subsidized price.but your contract says you are to refine and sale at international rate with no incentives.will you invest?

Must foreigners build refineries for us? When we built functioning refineries in the past, did foreigners and investors do it for us?

Nigeria can build a $2 Billion refinery in three years if we want to without removing Subsidy. The question is what stopped GEJ even after his partial subsidy removal. Look at how much loans he took running into Billions of dollars.

1 Like

Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by prettyboi1(m): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
Screw IMF and world bank....those corporations are certainly some of the biggest enemies to anything African.

1 Like

Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
baralatie:

By the way, if investors build a refinery here, they will make money because petrol subsidy is sold in Nigeria at a subsidized rate and the government pays the bills for the subsidy rate. The company sells at a standard rate but the government shares the bills with the people. Why won't they invest?
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by baralatie(m): 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Must foreigners build refineries for us? When we built functioning refineries in the past, did foreigners and investors do it for us?

Nigeria can build a $2 Billion refinery in three years if we want to without removing Subsidy. The question is what stopped GEJ even after his partial subsidy removal. Look at how much loans he took running into Billions of dollars.
so as a businessman you will not invest!that is good to know!
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by ollyruffy: 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
Bleep IMF. World bank. These are agencies of the western world to continue to enslave countries around the world.

We know our problems. We know how to deal with it. We do not need IMF advise.

1 Like

Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
baralatie:

so as a businessman you will not invest!that is good to know!

Where did you draw that conclusion from? I am talking of GEJ and NOI's theory of no refinery without Subsidy removal which is a lie.
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
xreal:

U spoke my mind.
i gbadun you.
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by baralatie(m): 1:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Where did you draw that conclusion from? I am talking of GEJ and NOI's theory of no refinery without Subsidy removal which is a lie.
so as a businessman will you invest?
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Jaypea98: 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
Arizona1:

What will be the difference and how will it be? Do you even know what subsidy means?
No i dont!!!!! Skenko ......but u will.Very soon realise that the monies put into it is a big scam. Go ahead and check the records and you ll agree that subsidy is just a means for the fortification of your pay masters pockets.IGNORAMUS
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
Equalizer:
What will now happen to our Surep program? Before you remove the subsidy, kindly make provision for people like us that are gainfully employed as interns under the scheme.. That 30k still better pass your alleged 5k..
Bro Abeg no vex... I really dont know much about sure p and I will like to b an intern too to gain experience.. tnx
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
chuna1985:

please read now, China's corruption is growing every year ooo

Nigeria's own grew faster under GEJ. GEJ did not fight corruption. At least, the Chinese are fighting it.
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
baralatie:

so as a businessman will you invest?

100% yes. Even with the falling oil prices, there is still room for profits.
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Nigeria's own grew faster under GEJ. GEJ did not fight corruption. At least, the Chinese are fighting it.

Lol...
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by IbokUtoroh(m): 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
1stola:
Good. There nothing like subsidy. It's just a way of stealing public fund.
If not for the senseless leaders we have. Petrol and other products is not expected to be sold above 40 Naira per litre.
Does it even make any sense? When crude oil rose to 155 dollars per barrel, we bought Petrol for N97 Naira, now that it is about 52 dollars per barrel, we are still buying for N87.
May lightning bolt fire Obasanjo wherever he is for increasing fuel price from N21 (1999) to N75 (2007) and GEJ too. Wicked old fools.

if u say there is no subsidies, why is diesel sold at a fixed price of 144 naira?
the only time we wont be hearng subsidy is if the refineries are 100percent workng, we aint importing our fuels. but for now dont allow anybody decieve u, thr s subsidy!

1 Like

Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by anonimi: 2:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
Equalizer:
What will now happen to our Surep program? Before you remove the subsidy, kindly make provision for people like us that are gainfully employed as interns under the scheme.. That 30k still better pass your alleged 5k..

It is also better than the N10k that is actually 8k of APC's Aregberascal OYES who are also owed many months.

APC & SCAM be like bread & butter grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
crixtex:

Bro Abeg no vex... I really dont know much about sure p and I will like to b an intern too to gain experience.. tnx
Google Surep FMF and you will see the site.. register and your life will be transformed cos I don't trust Buhari and their undefined change.. whether positive or negative change..
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
Equalizer:

Google Surep FMF and you will see the site.. register and your life will be transformed cos I don't trust Buhari and their undefined change.. whether positive or negative change..
Yea bro thnks... and neither do I trust dem too
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by baralatie(m): 3:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

100% yes. Even with the falling oil prices, there is still room for profits.
profit?when you produced for 100/litre and govt is selling for 60/litre?
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
cap28:
Okay so you guys are going to find out very soon that you have replaced one puppet (Gej) with another US/EU approved puppet (Buhari) because as you can see the IMF is still dictating your economic policies and it has been proven in the past that the IMF is the western imperialists greatest weapon against Nigeria and Africa as a whole. All this talk about subsidy removal is a pile of sh.it , there is no subsidy, what you have are conditions that were attached to loans that Nigeria borrowed from western financial institutions, these conditions are very harsh and draconian and require the Nigerian govt to completey reduce any form of public spending on things like health care, infrastructure development, education and other areas of funding that benefit the masses. This should indicate to you that the western imperialists are your greatest enemy. Someone said that Buhari will not stand for this as he opposed the IMF 30 years ago and my response to that is - why do you think he was overthrown and why did it take him another 30 years to get back into office. By the way have you taken a look at the kind of thieves Buhari has in his inner circle? How the hell is he going to go against the IMF when majority of his backers are stooges and front men for the same IMF? I would really like to see how he's going to do this. Don't be surprised when you start hearing funny stories about his health deteriorating if he falls out with those inner circle thiefs.

Anyway my fellow Nigerians this is your punishment for failing to educate yourselves about world history in order to know when someone is selling you a lie , Buhari and GEJ are both puppets of western imperialists who are STILL calling the shots in your country, do you have the stomach to upset the status quo?

well in a way u mite rite but long as u r a member of d un u will lways employ deir policies n dat includes matters of foreign trades which niaja happens 2 be a big cog in.in life its either give or take so even wen someone is helpin u,dey mite as well expoit u...d westerner r good in exploitin nations but if kept in check,dey mite as well give u wings...
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by bionixs: 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
GboyegaD:
That is the starting point of curbing corruption.
Big lie! That's the starting point of cluenessness. Gej called for it and Dino Malaye lead us to OCCUPY. Buhari has now said he would remove it. I smell cluenessness

1 Like

Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by naijafresh: 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
Can someone tell me is there a subsidy right now with prices so low?
Surely global landing costs for petroleum products must be much lower than they were a few years ago so how much subsidy is being given?

1 Like

Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Obiagu1(m): 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
Now lets see how welfare living Yorubas would survive.

Subsidy Must Go!
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by chmod777: 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
Where do you work? Imf,world bank,federation account, pwc or ?

How can u prove it was a scam? I am interested because want to take it up
cap28:

That subsidy thingy that these thiefs keep talking about is simply what you call bamboozling the vastly ignorant masses in order to get them to pay for something that they did not benefit from.

The Nigerian govt under the direction of Okonjo Iweala, Obasanjo and GEJ signed various agreements with the IMF which stipulated that the IMF would loan Nigeria huge sums of money for various developmental projects. Majority of these projects were scams between the above mentioned theifs and their western collaborators who also received their own cuts. Now that the time has come for these loans to be repaid along with the interest that has accrued on them the bill is now being handed over to the NIgerian masses,this is why they are talking about subsidy. There never was anything like a subsidy, a lie has to be concocted to justify why they are going to increase the price of petrol. Why is Nigeria the only oil exporting country that talks about subsidising something that they have in abundance.

Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by cap28: 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
chmod777:
Where do you work? Imf,world bank,federation account, pwc or ?

How can u prove it was a scam? I am interested because want to take it up

Do I have to work for an western imperialist corporation in order to understand whats happening to my country?
I read widely and I have undertaken a lot of research, theres so much out there but you guys refuse to educate yourselves, some of this information can be obtained from western govt libraries as they declassify confidential information after a couple of years if they feel that it will not jeopardise their country's national security.

You want to take it up - with whom? Your govt works in collaboration with western govts to keep its own people poor, uneducated and ignorant. Where are you going to take your case to, I hope its not the UN because its run and controlled by the US.

1 Like

Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by GboyegaD(m): 5:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
bionixs:
Big lie! That's the starting point of cluenessness. Gej called for it and Dino Malaye lead us to OCCUPY. Buhari has now said he would remove it. I smell cluenessness

Unfortunately, you don't understand many things. Did the occupy Nigeria bring about a better resolve? Has the subsidy too made lives any better?
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
baralatie:

profit?when you produced for 100/litre and govt is selling for 60/litre?

It seems you do not understand what subsidy is. If you produce at #100/litre, you sell at #130/litre, the people pay #60 and the government balances #70/litre.

By the way, cost of production is not that expensive per litre.
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
America owns the IMF and World Bank, this is why they will remove Buhari by any means (covertly of course).
America knows Buhari will deny them using IMF to rob us blind.

Please help safeguard Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi / Akeredolu Appears In Public After Health Scare, Meets APC Leaders / All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.