Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa (91423 Views)

Emmanuel Macron Sworn-in As French President (Photos) / Emmanuel Macron Wins French Presidential Election / Photo: See The Faces Of The Men Who Stabbed Emmanuel Sithole To Death In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by JiggamanGh: 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:

Your people are today sowing wind but they will definitely reap whirlwind in the nearest future. You will all pay a very heavy price for this heartless crime against humanity.

Remember is not all South Africans. Should all nigerians be held responsible for boko haram. Should Cameroonians Chadians, nigeriens seek revenge against nigerians.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by osystein(m): 5:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
Wow, and the camera is just standing there. Really disgraceful..

2 Likes

Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by 14(m): 6:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
linusbnn:

Dat area called Alexandra,is a very dengerous place to stay even b4 dis violence erupt in SA. I remembered when I went there with my frnds then,that time I was new to SA,we have to call somebdy to cum meet us whr we parked b4 we cud move arund,else when they find out yu dnt stay in d area and to worsen it,yu are not a south african,they will steal frm you...The guy dat went wit us is one of the tout in the area,even while we were walking,he was hailing guys along d street speaking their language.....We cud not stay for long because we dnt knw wat they were talking about....South Africans,xpecially d uneducated ones are CORE ROBBERS,MURDERERS and RAPIST. angry

You are right, i went there last year to check on a friend, it was during the day, but i was dead scared. I was scared i could be highjack and killed. Dont ever go the without knowing anyone, otherwise you are dead meat. That area ain't safe at all, pity Mr Sithole, he should ve stayed indoors or called a friend to come and pick him up and move out of the area.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by V0lv0(f): 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
JiggamanGh:

The difference is those things took place long ago and the world has evolved. People, ideas and goods are constantly moving. We are now a global village and such things shouldn't be happening.

I feel the south african government needs to pass laws that limit certain trades to South African like the one they have in Ghana to give the citizens better advantage. Since the South Africans seems to be targeting people doing petty trades.
There are so many laws already in place so that is not the problem. I think that even if they remove the black foreign owned shops will not change their situation(poverty). But foreigners are being used as scapegoats for their problems as well as their Governments inability to meet their demands/frustrations.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by JiggamanGh: 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
V0lv0:
There are so many laws already in place so that is not the problem. I think that even if they remove the black foreign owned shops will not change their situation(poverty). But foreigners are being used as scapegoats for their problems as well as their Governments inability to meet their demands/frustrations.

So they are bent getting rid of all foreigners. That's a shame.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by SirShymexx: 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
V0lv0:
Exactly lol. I was not affected by Ghana must go so why will I have a grudge about something that never happened to me or my family. That's silly

Lol. Are you lot sure about that cos I know a few Ghanaian dad who don't like Nigerians cos of the whole thing. And I still remember vividly that one of my Uncles was meant to marry some Ghanaian chic back in the day, and the innate hatred the chic's dad has for Nigerians messed up the whole thing - and they hooked her up with a next Ghana man. But my Uncle married a next Fante chic.

Perhaps your own folks weren't affected, or most of those affected are now part of Ghanaian diaspora. But Ghanaians out here still cry about that shiit like biitches with their charcoal dark skin looool.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by mikehosy: 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
Dem better no touch any Nigerian person oh! If not heeeeeeeeeee! South Wetin? I hate them from today,by d wey the two SA pple wey I like don die Mandela and lucky D.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by SirShymexx: 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
PhysicsQED:
This is disgraceful, but another thing I'm wondering is whether or not the person taking pictures made a serious attempt to get the wounded man some help.

Bini legend, good to see you back on these sides lol.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by V0lv0(f): 6:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
14:

Yes we are, i have to agree with you there, you are 100% correct. Apartheid messed up our minds, we need serious help.
But can apartheid really be blamed for this cos a lot of the people who are commiting these acts were not really affected so much by apartheid(the younger generation) and if so why are the only attacking the blacks only?

2 Likes

Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by linusbnn(m): 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
14:

You are right, i went there last year to check on a friend, it was during the day, but i was dead scared. I was scared i could be highjack and killed. Dont ever go the without knowing anyone, otherwise you are dead meat. That area ain't safe at all, pity Mr Sithole, he should ve stayed indoors or called a friend to come and pick him up and move out of the area.

Bros,we even fear say d guy fit dey sell us self. Alexandra na dirty place with too many SAGOMA
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by JiggamanGh: 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Are you lot sure about that cos I know a few Ghanaian dad who don't like Nigerians cos of the whole thing. And I still remember vividly that one of my Uncles was meant to marry some Ghanaian chic back in the day, and the innate hatred the chic's dad has for Nigerians messed up the whole thing - and they hooked her up with a next Ghana man. But my Uncle married a next Fante chic.

Perhaps your own folks weren't affected, or most of those affected are now part of Ghanaian diaspora. But Ghanaians out here still cry about that shiit like biitches with their charcoal dark skin looool.

How come is only nigerians that know Ghanaians that hate nigerians because of Ghana must go. Non of my family members talk about this event.

In all honesty I learned about this event through nairaland. I kid you not

1 Like

Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by Adwexky(m): 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
sugarboii:

Source:
http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2015/04/19/the-brutal-death-of-emmanuel-sithole1
With this Xenophobia phenomenon, South Africans can't stand against Africans. Hope they are aware of this FACT.

RIP Emmanuel Sithole! May God Avenge For You and others that have died through this ugly phenomenon tagged Xenophobia.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by Donjowebs(m): 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
This terrorism not xenophobia, sometimes it beats me and my heart bleeds when I see pics like these ones. The AU, UN and other international bodies must take a stand of not just speaking against these "atrocities and crimes against humanity" but put pressure on the SA govt to prosecute these criminals, murderers of fellow Africans. At least from the pics these men who stabbed to death this innocent Mozambican can be clearly identified and arrested for their crimes as their is no excuse for their barbaric behaviour. Enough is enough! #xenophobicSA.

1 Like

Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by advocates: 6:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
SirShymexx:

Stop posting nonsense and that picture is utterly disrespectful/disrespectful to the millions of people who were dehumanised by apartheid.

Some of you just chat shiit without putting brakes on ya stupidity.

Even if you have acute amnesia, you should at least know that there were more gruesome murders/killings during the last Nigerian elections among folks from the same country than those that have been killed in South Africa. Stop adding fuel, by disrespecting tjhe souls and memories of brave people, when you should beu praying for peace
Killings happen everywhere, but comparing the barbarism in s/a against foreigners for flimsy reasons is unreasonable.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by gbengaoa(m): 6:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
My Cousin in SA said Then don know now cause when they say they are coming we Nigerians all gathered with guns for them they ran back, I loaded my gun 25rounds waiting for who to fall among them with it, will fall anything anything if they try rubbish, we will defend ourselves united.

2 Likes

Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by draymond: 6:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
african youth must not sit and watch this.
Reprisal necessary
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by Onyi4live(m): 6:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
Too bad chai!!!
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by 14(m): 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
mzilakazi:
We are all affected by these savage and barbaric developments in our land. Not all South Africans support these demonic activities catapulted on our African brothers at the evil hands of black South Africans. These activities are indeed tantamount to undermining the democratic gains that the likes of Nelson Mandela have fought for. Our freedom charter clearly state that SA belongs to all who live in it.

Being a South African myself, I was pained by all these thuggery and savage acts by our people. I personally know that there are hundreds of thousands of foreigners in SA without necessary documentation that grant them permission to be here. On the same note, I know that some of the crimes are perpetuated by our foreign brothers, but still that will not grant me the opportunity to kill them nor even to hurt them. I am truly disappointed.

I send my heartfelt condolences to the family of Sithole and may his soul rest in peace. I can never wish his soul to haunt his killers, because it might waste its opportunity to inherit the kingdom of heaven, rather let's leave it in the hands of all Mighty to deal with those who violently deprived the family of Sithole of the most important asset.

I am ashamed to even call myself a South African. Just a few hundred thugs put a shame on the faces of 52m god fearing south africans.

2 Likes

Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by PhysicsQED(m): 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
SirShymexx:

Bini legend, good to see you back on these sides lol.

Ijebu knight, thanks for the welcome.

I've been pretty busy but I'll be posting a bit in the culture section from time to time.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by SirShymexx: 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
JiggamanGh:

How come is only nigerians that know Ghanaians that hate nigerians because of Ghana must go. Non of my family members talk about this event.

In all honesty I learned about this event through nairaland. I kid you not

People remember things differently and it ales depends on how you were affected. Perhaps your parents weren't part of the voyage.

Erm, let me give a next example you might be able to find proof for on YouTube if it is there. Nigeria and Ghana played an international football friendly match in London in 2007 (I was there - went with my Uncles). Ghana won by 4-1 or 5-1 (can't remember the exact scores now), with Nigeria scoring a dubious consolation goal. When the scores was 2-0 in favour of Ghanaians - Nigerians started shouting "Ghana must go". When it started, Ghanaians were pissed, and you could cut the tension in the air with a knife. Even the players started playing angrily looool.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by osystein(m): 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
V0lv0:
But can apartheid really be blamed for this cos a lot of the people who are commiting these acts were not really affected so much by apartheid(the younger generation) and if so why are the only attacking the blacks only?

Why do people say they only attack blacks, the people affected are obviously those living and trading in townships. Zim, moz, somilis and Ethiopian, the few Chinese and pakis are affected.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by SirShymexx: 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
PhysicsQED:

Ijebu knight, thanks for the welcome.

I've been pretty busy but I'll be posting a bit in the culture section from time to time.

Alright, brother.

Great to see you back lol.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by JiggamanGh: 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
SirShymexx:

People remember things differently and it ales depends on how you were affected. Perhaps your parents weren't part of the voyage.

Erm, let me give a next example you might be able to find proof for on YouTube if it is there. Nigeria and Ghana played an international football friendly match in London in 2007 (I was there - went with my Uncles). Ghana won by 4-1 or 5-1 (can't remember the exact scores now), with Nigeria scoring a dubious consolation goal. When the scores was 2-0 in favour of Ghanaians - Nigerians started shouting "Ghana must go". When it started, Ghanaians were pissed, and you could cut the tension in the air with a knife. Even the players started playing angrily looool.

Well I am yet to meet any ghanaian that hate Nigerians because of Ghana must go.

1 Like

Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by SirShymexx: 6:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
advocates:
Killings happen everywhere, but comparing the barbarism in s/a against foreigners for flimsy reasons is unreasonable.

Brev, human beings are territorial about everything.

South Africans killing foreigners over poverty and unemployment is no different from PDP thugs maiming APC members in Rivers, and no different from America dropping bombs on Fallujah to carve out it own Sphere of influence in the Middle East.

All animalistic nature of the average human being.

Just pray for peace and discuss what is fundamentally wrong with South Africans and why they are the way there. And not by disrespecting great and brave folks who faced the barrels of racist guns to fight for freedom.

The ghost of Steven Bantu Biko.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by V0lv0(f): 6:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol Ghanaian dad's can be something else when it comes to their daughters trust me I know lol. Even with some Ghanaian guys they can be quite hard. Firstly I must admit Ghanaian parents tend to want their children to marry fellow Ghanaians, so if we bring a non-ghanaian home esp the daughters it can already become an issue. Not only with Nigerians but other nationalities as well. Am not going to lie but some Ghanaian parents just think of Nigerians as 419 etc so it could be more towards that reason then the Ghana must go Saga.

On the same note, my brother once dated a Nigerian girl he wanted to marry but her parents were not in support of it and she ended up marrying a Nigerian man and my brother ended up marrying a Ghanaian woman. So I think it's a common thing on both sides this issue. It all depends on how liberal the family is and how willing the daughter/son will fight for the relationship. Most times we don't go against our families if we don't get their blessings. But I will admit our parents are harder on the ladies than the men
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by mzilakazi(m): 6:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
[size=18] AFRICA we are very sorry. It goes without saying that the recent unfortunate event are not supported by all South Africans but certain faction of bastar.ds who are rather criminals by nature that seek to hide behind xenophobia to commit savage acts against foreigners. The so called King Zwelithini does not have any power since South Africa is not a monarch, however there was sense in what he said that he was misunderstood but people should cease to make such ambiguous comments to the people because they might cause havoc. We dont give a damn about kings in South Africa and was even appalled to notice that they are still existent and their words are still obeyed. I think it is time for the government of South Africa to stop paying grants to this King, so that next time he must learn to make responsible comments with caution.[/size]

#AFRICAUNITE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by adebayoggt(m): 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Africa.

Things like these happen in Nigeria all the time though.
may thunder strike u dead!
where n nigeria do they kill other African Cos they're not nigerian?
do u kno Ow many foreign nationals dat ply their trade in Lagos alone dat will Even want to claim son of d soil
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by V0lv0(f): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
SirShymexx:

lol you guys are so bad. I will admit we are a bit more 'serious' than Nigerians so it was obviously a joke that was not shared. Quite frankly that was not really something you should joke about.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
fiftynaira:
Pesin wey dey snap pishure nor fit help am?
i tire oh shocked de pesin jus dey thre dey tek beta pix...wel positioned pishurs sef angry we don dey craze oh!
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
JiggamanGh:

Remember is not all South Africans. Should all nigerians be held responsible for boko haram. Should Cameroonians Chadians, nigeriens seek revenge against nigerians.

This your point is not valid. Are you saying Boko haram are discriminating against Foreigners ? More than 95 percent of Boko haram's victims are Nigerians,so what is your point ?
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by 14(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
V0lv0:

Thats incorrect, most of the forrign owned shops used to be owned and run by south africans. what happened was, Somalis and pakistanis started buying out the local business guys. For example, if i m a south african and own a small shop, a somali would fome and ask me how much i make per month, if i say R5000, he asks me if he gives me R5 000 every month and he takes over the shop. Most of them agree for such a deal, before the locals realised, all the shops in the townships were in the hands of somalis. Those who refused the deal, would be pushed out of business by lowering the price of their product. The local guy does not make any profit, he is forced to close down.

And there is an issue of cheap labour, most of the foreigners would work for less. For example, a foreigner worker would as for a salary of R1000 er month, a south African worker would want R2500, so the employer ends up employing foreigners only, then the locals end up unemployed while foreigners are working and sending their money back to zimbabwe, DRC, mozambique. Remember what sparked this xenophobie, was a strike of locals at a another company in Isipingo KZN. The south african workers demanded more pay, the owner of the business fired them all and the next day he hired foreigners. The locals got angry and started chasing any foreigner away. Then it moved to durban, then some parts of joburg.
Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by SirShymexx: 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
V0lv0:
Lol Ghanaian dad's can be something else when it comes to their daughters trust me I know lol. Even with some Ghanaian guys they can be quite hard. Firstly I must admit Ghanaian parents tend to want their children to marry fellow Ghanaians, so if we bring a non-ghanaian home esp the daughters it can already become an issue. Not only with Nigerians but other nationalities as well. Am not going to lie but some Ghanaian parents just think of Nigerians as 419 etc so it could be more towards that reason then the Ghana must go Saga.

On the same note, my brother once dated a Nigerian girl he wanted to marry but her parents were not in support of it and she ended up marrying a Nigerian man and my brother ended up marrying a Ghanaian woman. So I think it's a common thing on both sides this issue. It all depends on how liberal the family is and how willing the daughter/son will fight for the relationship. Most times we don't go against our families if we don't get their blessings. But I will admit our parents are harder on the ladies than the men

But you will admit that there is subtle hate albeit you can call it competitiveness between Ghanaians and Nigerians, especially the older generation.

So you have to ask why two neighbours whose histories are intertwined are like that. Once you look deeper you will see the genesis of everything even if some folks neither want to admit nor talk about it.

See the average human being and where he sees as his homeland are like bread and butter, and his existence depends on that land. So when it comes to survival and a threat to that land which he sees as a threat to his existence - it is easy for the animalistic nature in him to come to the fore. He just needs something to trigger it. That is what a lot of folks don't understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Joe Biden: Secret Service Displays Biggest Motorcade Procession In History(Pics) / Deported From Saudi-Arabia For Being Too Handsome / Students In Kenya Having Group Sex Caught (Photos+Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.