Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" (95474 Views)

**the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Duplex + Penthouse" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by 2sex(m): 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
spyder880:

Thank you Sir, you can reach me on ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk or call 08033350750, 07081821271, thanks.
Oga spyder, I will need the architect for this project if they can do any 4/5 rooms bungalow designs for 70-150k range. If you can also invite them on nairaland to show case their past project, that would be good. Or do you have samples of their past project? Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 1:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
2sex:
Oga spyder, I will need the architect for this project if they can do any 4/5 rooms bungalow designs for 70-150k range. If you can also invite them on nairaland to show case their past project, that would be good. Or do you have samples of their past project? Thanks.

Contact Ihebrooke.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by 2sex(m): 2:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
spyder880:

Contact Ihebrooke.
hmmm did they do this one you have for this project?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by tranxo(m): 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
spyder880:

Contact Ihebrooke.
i thought as much. Immediately I saw the rendering I knew it looked like something Ihebrooke would design. I have been following his thread. Nice.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by TexasR: 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
@ Spyder

Encourage your guys to embrace the use of PPEs

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
TexasR:
@ Spyder

Encourage your guys to embrace the use of PPEs

I will continue the fight, even as it is so difficult. Ask to come to site with complete safety gears and they may never come tomorrow. Buy and share to them and many will intentionally sell, destroy or lose theirs because they think it's too heavy or cumbersome. It's a continuous fight.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 9:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
spyder880:

I will continue the fight, even as it is so difficult. Ask to come to site with complete safety gears and they may never come tomorrow. Buy and share to them and many will intentionally sell, destroy or lose theirs because they think it's too heavy or cumbersome. It's a continuous fight.

Or they will forget it at home everyday.. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by 2sex(m): 9:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
spyder880:

Contact Ihebrooke.
aahhh.... Thanks. I just checked them out now. Good. I will do so Asap. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by goody1shoe73(m): 1:17pm On May 01, 2015
Plz Spider,can u upload d floor plans of d structures dat can b downloadable?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 3:44pm On May 01, 2015
goody1shoe73:
Plz Spider,can u upload d floor plans of d structures dat can b downloadable?

I will ask both the client and architects for permission. They hold the copyrights.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 3:45pm On May 01, 2015
Meanwhile I will be away to Enugu till Monday, work goes on while I see my family and try to start another new project in Enugu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 10:09am On May 05, 2015
Foundation blocks completed in the duplex section. ....

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 10:39am On May 05, 2015
Rooms coming out. .....

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 10:49am On May 05, 2015
Boarding and casting columns. .....

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 10:51am On May 05, 2015
More. ....

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 10:57am On May 05, 2015
At the second building, we are concluding foundation blinding, ready for the block laying. .......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by tlops(m): 11:14am On May 05, 2015
Nice work!

sell your solae here |

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by koman: 6:58pm On May 06, 2015
spyder880:
More. ....

Oga mi,
How high is the DPC from the ground level?
Or
How high will it be after casting?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:43pm On May 09, 2015
koman:

Oga mi,
How high is the DPC from the ground level?
Or
How high will it be after casting?

Nearly a meter. We need to have a good clearance off the ground to accommodate the compound filling above anticipated road level and interlocking stones for the compound.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:45pm On May 09, 2015
Foundation blocks at the block of flats. ......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:48pm On May 09, 2015
Foundation filling at the duplex section

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:51pm On May 09, 2015
More filling, the whole compound showing the two buildings. .....

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:52pm On May 09, 2015
Soakaway system ongoing at the back........
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by paul234(m): 11:51pm On May 09, 2015
Were your foundation filling sand gotten from the land or you bought them, i own almost the same project sumwher in abk... And am presently at foundation filling level, hence sum1 suggest i dig my soakaway and borehole/well so as to get filling sand... What do you think about dis and how much does it cost to buy filling sand?

Lastly, frm your work of experience like hw much wil cost for decking a 236.56 square metre total built up area, so as to prepare myself of the challenges ahead... Thanks as i awaits ur kind response
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 4:52am On May 10, 2015
paul234:
Were your foundation filling sand gotten from the land or you bought them, i own almost the same project sumwher in abk... And am presently at foundation filling level, hence sum1 suggest i dig my soakaway and borehole/well so as to get filling sand... What do you think about dis and how much does it cost to buy filling sand?

Lastly, frm your work of experience like hw much wil cost for decking a 236.56 square metre total built up area, so as to prepare myself of the challenges ahead... Thanks as i awaits ur kind response

I am buying some filling sand, but in order to stay within budget, we are going to use some sand dug out from the soak away system. It will be diffifuld to calculate a foundation when I dont know what material and labour costs are like in your location.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by koman: 6:50am On May 10, 2015
spyder880:

Nearly a meter. We need to have a good clearance off the ground to accommodate the compound filling above anticipated road level and interlocking stones for the compound.

That's high enough
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by paul234(m): 6:55am On May 10, 2015
spyder880:

I am buying some filling sand, but in order to stay within budget, we are going to use some sand dug out from the soak away system. It will be diffifuld to calculate a foundation when I dont know what material and labour costs are like in your location.
Thanks for the reply,lik hw many tipper did you buy in addition to dose gotten from soakaway system? Also frm your work of experience like hw much wil cost for decking a 236.56 square metre total built up area, so as to prepare myself of the challenges ahead... Thanks as i awaits ur kind response
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:10am On May 10, 2015
paul234:

Thanks for the reply,lik hw many tipper did you buy in addition to dose gotten from soakaway system? Also frm your work of experience like hw much wil cost for decking a 236.56 square metre total built up area, so as to prepare myself of the challenges ahead... Thanks as i awaits ur kind response

Four trips for now, but more expected.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Rooneyboy(m): 12:23pm On May 10, 2015
cool
shinejackie:
@spyder880,
This is fantastic, l will like something like this facing the sea, while l sip my moet and eat my fresh fish with a Mexican music playing at the background...l like the design.... kiss
indeed bro , you've enjoyed life before.

life is really beautiful

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Mcslize: 2:39pm On May 10, 2015
spyder880 nice job,

pls help out with this. I find it hard understanding the true meaning of a duplex.

I am misunderstanding the true meaning of a DUPLEX.

2 Bed room Duplex, 3 Bed room duplex, 4 Bed room Duplex. What do they actually mean?

Taking a 4 Bed room Duplex as a case study. Does it means a story building having four units (4 flats all ensuit) with each unit (flats) comprising a living room and 4 Bed rooms each that can be occupied by 4 diffrent families?

Or just a storey building having 4 Bed rooms with a living room for the whole building that can be occupied by just a single family?

Just a little explanation to understand it better.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by passe(m): 3:10pm On May 10, 2015
Mcslize:
spyder880 nice job,

pls help out with this. I find it hard understanding the true meaning of a duplex.

I am misunderstanding the true meaning of a DUPLEX.

2 Bed room Duplex, 3 Bed room duplex, 4 Bed room Duplex. What do they actually mean?

Taking a 4 Bed room Duplex as a case study. Does it means a story building having four units (4 flats all ensuit) with each unit (flats) comprising a living room and 4 Bed rooms each that can be occupied by 4 diffrent families?

Or just a storey building having 4 Bed rooms with a living room for the whole building that can be occupied by just a single family?

Just a little explanation to understand it better.

From my little understanding,a duplex is a story building comprising 2,3,or 4Bed Rooms depending on the taste of the owner of the said building.Please note that,a duplex must be a story building comprising a combination of rooms,sitting room,wash room etc on ground floor and upper floor areas.In other words,the occupier or owner of a duplex do not share or have any business with a tenant within the ground floor and upper floor area that he occupies.Finally,a house built as a bungalow regardless of the no of rooms or how big it is,can never be considered as a duplex.The entrance and exits doors to a duplex house can't be shared with another occupier.Experienced professionals in the house,kindly throw more light on this issue.Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Latest New Year Promo Prices For High Quality Imported Doors. / OUR Cctv Installation With Pictures.. / Ask All Your Questions On Building Foundations/structural Issues -expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.