Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" (95467 Views)

**the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Duplex + Penthouse" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 3:25pm On May 10, 2015
Mcslize:

Or just a storey building having 4 Bed rooms with a living room for the whole building that can be occupied by just a single family?

Yes. Your line above is what a 4 Bedroom Duplex means.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Mcslize: 6:49pm On May 10, 2015
passe:

From my little understanding,a duplex is a story building comprising 2,3,or 4Bed Rooms depending on the taste of the owner of the said building.Please note that,a duplex must be a story building comprising a combination of rooms,sitting room,wash room etc on ground floor and upper floor areas.In other words,the occupier or owner of a duplex do not share or have any business with a tenant within the ground floor and upper floor area that he occupies.Finally,a house built as a bungalow regardless of the no of rooms or how big it is,can never be considered as a duplex.The entrance and exits doors to a duplex house can't be shared with another occupier.Experienced professionals in the house,kindly throw more light on this issue.Thanks

I now understand it with ur simple and concised explanation.
Thanks alot
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by erico2k2(m): 9:51pm On May 10, 2015
spyder880:

I will continue the fight, even as it is so difficult. Ask to come to site with complete safety gears and they may never come tomorrow. Buy and share to them and many will intentionally sell, destroy or lose theirs because they think it's too heavy or cumbersome. It's a continuous fight.
Get them to change into them on site and leave them on site at the end of the day.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 10:00pm On May 10, 2015
erico2k2:

Get them to change into them on site and leave them on site at the end of the day.

This is a good suggestion, and I will try it tomorrow, starting with hand gloves. We shall see how it goes later. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:44am On May 12, 2015
We have been busy in the last couple of days, wetting this filled foundation with lots of water pumped into it to sink it.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:46am On May 12, 2015
It has been achieving the desired results as all the sand poured into the foundation are sinking lower.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:48am On May 12, 2015
Filled and levelled portions. .......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:51am On May 12, 2015
This is the second building, the block of flats, very high level........ Foundation blocks completed here, we intend to start carpentry works and concrete casting this morning. .........

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:55am On May 12, 2015
Views from the toilet soak away/septic tank systems under construction. ..... reinforcement works going on now. Blocks to be set later today.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by 2sex(m): 11:38am On May 12, 2015
Oga Spyder880, I must confess that the guys handling the brick laying for your projects are damn good--aligned and straight.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:04am On May 13, 2015
Work getting more serious down the septic tank pit.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:05am On May 13, 2015
2sex:
Oga Spyder880, I must confess that the guys handling the brick laying for your projects are damn good--aligned and straight.

Thank you.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:23pm On May 13, 2015
Soil compaction technology in use at the duplex side as we conclude arrangements for the casting with concrete.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:25pm On May 13, 2015
We'll walk over every inch of the floor, stamping the soil into the ground for a more stable foundation.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:27pm On May 13, 2015
More work.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:29pm On May 13, 2015
Reinforcement details for the toilet soak away system. ......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by erico2k2(m): 9:42pm On May 13, 2015
spyder880:
More work.
Howmuch does it cost to rent that soil compactor for a day?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:55pm On May 13, 2015
erico2k2:

N7,000n with transportation, N8,000.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by sako28: 10:05pm On May 13, 2015
erico2k2:

My oga pls can you link me with ur soil compactor operator. I will need his services next week in PH too(Ada George side).

Also in a water log area will you advice one use sharp sand or laterite for foundation filling? Which is the best?

God has used you tremendously to push some1 like me to start something, which i plan to share soon here with the house.

Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:04am On May 14, 2015
sako28:

My oga pls can you link me with ur soil compactor operator. I will need his services next week in PH too(Ada George side).

Also in a water log area will you advice one use sharp sand or laterite for foundation filling? Which is the best?

God has used you tremendously to push some1 like me to start something, which i plan to share soon here with the house.

Thanks.

I dont have a different worker operating the compactor. I just hire the compactor and one of my workers can operate it all day long. You will find compactors in everywhere construction materials are hired.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by erico2k2(m): 8:09am On May 14, 2015
spyder880:

N7,000n with transportation, N8,000.
that's not bad. I have 4 with me 5.5hp.will get them to PH soon.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Graceovereffort(f): 9:24am On May 14, 2015
Oga spyder abeg tell us the land size in feet,the duplex areaand flats area,whats the plot size in whole? Sorry for the question,i dont really know much abt sqm calculations. thank u

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Graceovereffort(f): 9:26am On May 14, 2015
Oga spyder hope after this ph work,lagos will be next. wink wink wink

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 4:25pm On May 14, 2015
Graceovereffort:
Oga spyder hope after this ph work,lagos will be next. wink wink wink

I hope so. grin
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Graceovereffort(f): 4:33pm On May 14, 2015
spyder880:

I hope so. grin
DEsperately looking forward to that sir
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:43pm On May 14, 2015
We have bought pipes for waste and supply plumbing. ........

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:44pm On May 14, 2015
More......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:45pm On May 14, 2015
The pipes are so strong that I can dance on it grin

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:47pm On May 14, 2015
More......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:49pm On May 14, 2015
We are sand filling the block of flats in readiness for the ponding with water so it will sink the loose soils. .....
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Graceovereffort(f): 7:41pm On May 14, 2015
spyder880:
The pipes are so strong that I can dance on it grin
Nice one sir. Following

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by danny34(m): 2:07am On May 15, 2015
oga sypder, more petrol to ur engine, u are passionate and in love with what you do.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Latest New Year Promo Prices For High Quality Imported Doors. / OUR Cctv Installation With Pictures.. / Ask All Your Questions On Building Foundations/structural Issues -expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.