Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos (37977 Views)

High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 / Asthmatic Boy Collapses As Police Invade A Church In Delta (Video) / Passengers Flee From Bus As Nigerian Lady Believed To Be Asthmatic Dies (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by goldcoinhub: 5:57pm On May 08, 2019
A Nigerian lady has taken to her social media page to narrate her close shove with death after she almost got killed in an elevator in Lagos.

The lady who said she is asthmatic was trapped in the elevator at one of the public spots in the city and she couldn’t reach out for help as the network in the space went blank immediately.

Read her story below:

I’m asthmatic and claustrophobic.
I was trapped in the lift at E-Center Yaba for more than 20 minutes. I had no network on my phone.I kept on banging the lift and pressing the alarm button and other buttons. Nothing was happening, the lift just kept on vibrating.

The place started getting stuffy by the minute and my chest getting tighter. I was the only one in the lift.Tears began to find its way down my cheeks. I was really scared and was in panic mode already.
At some point, the lift moved a bit downwards and opened up to a wall. A wall was before me.Then it closed up again.

I continued banging and calling for help. As soon as few bars popped on my phone, I made that post on facebook. Then I called my Chaplain who lives close by. The line was breaking but thankfully I was able to get my message across.

She came over immediately and complained to them. I waited for another painful 15 minutes. (She said they were trying to call the person in charge, but he wasn’t picking up)
As soon as the lift opened up, I saw ECenters uniformed men before me. And the next thing I heard was “sorry, why didn’t you call for help ” I was mad. “You think I stayed in there doing nothing because I’m stupid right? ” I wiped my tears.

I was tired, I walked to meet my chaplain.I was still really nervous. My inhaler wasn’t with me. She made me sit and went to get an inhaler. I used the inhaler and got a bit better.
After a while, we proceeded to leave.

As I walked past the securities at the door I heard them talking.
Security right : “Na she dey inside the lift? ”
Security left: “Yesso, na she dey there”
Security right:.”And she just dey there dey cry”

I stepped back immediately. I was mad. “What did you just say? ” I asked. He didn’t respond. “what did you just say? ” I asked two more times. He denied saying anything.
I walked away.

There is no value for the human life in the least. No single form of remorse. How will your lift be stuck for over 20 minutes and you didn’t realize? What if I wasn’t with a cell phone?
If I had spent ten more minutes in that place…. I don’t want to even think

I doubt if I’d be using any lift anytime soon. (it happened on Monday)

https://lailasnews.com/how-i-almost-got-killed-in-an-elevator-in-lagos-lady-narrates/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by TheTourist: 6:06pm On May 08, 2019
If you check now she go fat like COW grin
To do small exercise you say NO.

Banana Republic angry

Modified - Those of you mentioning me have you ever been to E-centre?? Tell me how many flights of stairs are in the building one cannot just skip and get to his/her destination but no the aunty decided to "board" a crippled elevator and you're here tagging me like it's a 12-storey building she was heading to its 8/9th floor. Mtchewwwwww. BANANA REPUBLIC

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by omoolorire(m): 6:06pm On May 08, 2019
You will not die

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by eneojoedu(m): 6:14pm On May 08, 2019
TheTourist:
If you check now she go fat like COW grin To do small exercise you say NO.

Banana Republic angry
what brand of weed do you smoke.

191 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by TheFacelessMan: 6:28pm On May 08, 2019
angry

I was almost killed on the elevator at The Radisson Blu hotel in Lagos back in 2001.

I was whistling "Temptation" by Psquare as i entered the elevator.

A baby elephant was in the lift - sorry, i meant a fat lady who must have weighed 190kg.

I stared uneasily at the weight limit - 700kg for 10 persons. She was occupying space for at least 4! angry

Just as the doors were about closing, i saw 3 hefty guys dashing to come in.

A chill ran up my spine looking at their hard faces and their dark black skin shocked

My past had finally caught up with me. On behalf of the Nigerian Government, I had assassinated the Ghanaian Minister sabotaging the Abidjan- Lome Corridor in 1999

All 5 of us in the lift. Barely space to manoeuvre. The atmosphere was thick with tension.

I whispered in fat girl's ears "duck"

She looked back with a stupid dumbfounded expression on her face "huh?"

"DUCK" i repeated harshly.

A split second after i smashed the lights in the elevator.....

... and that was when the madness began! shocked

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by BlackfireX: 7:24pm On May 08, 2019
Village girl , I am sure she came from iragbiji in osun state

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by oluwatosink: 7:39pm On May 08, 2019
Sorry.. May God continue to protect you sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 7:45pm On May 08, 2019
Use stairs next time.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 08, 2019
This is Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by GentleMoney: 7:46pm On May 08, 2019
shocked
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 08, 2019
In the United States there are warnings on elevator doors for asmathic patients, and also emergency numbers to call incase you're stuck, guess this one never had both

But how come the first thing she did when she had network was post on Facebook, some people sef

I just noticed that around 1:50pm American time, niaraland servers always go off and just gives error 502 or whatever. Don't be angry but is it generator that you guys are using in Dallas Texas grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:46pm On May 08, 2019
Thank God for your life.

As I walked past the securities at the door I heard them talking.
Security right : “Na she dey inside the lift? ”
Security left: “Yesso, na she dey there”
Security right:.”And she just dey there dey cry”
These guys are the definition of animal in human skin!

BlackfireX:
Village girl , I am sure she came from iragbiji in osun state
Haba, kindly STOP this tribalistic tin blackfirex........pleaseeeee!!

AkachukwuD:

You are always positive and I like you for that
Life is all about being positive bro.
It brings you happiness and make you live long.
Thanks for the heads up bro.
Have a great week ahead.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by tolexy007(m): 7:52pm On May 08, 2019
sad experience.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by deavicky(m): 7:52pm On May 08, 2019
TheTourist:

Banana Republic angry
Na wa for you

4 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by BuyACar(f): 7:52pm On May 08, 2019
There is always provision for ac I'm the elevator undecided
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 08, 2019
This is sad.

The elevator is faulty.

2 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Burgerlomo: 7:52pm On May 08, 2019
Thank God for sparing your life but next time make sure that you have extra inhaler in your wallet or bag instead of mirror and lipstick cool

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 08, 2019
TheTourist:

Banana Republic angry
so what is the connection of what you just said and the the story

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by matify83: 7:53pm On May 08, 2019
For Christ's sake you are a known asthmatic , you should have done due diligence by having your inhaler in your bag to mitigate such occurrence.

Today You are quick to blame your predicament on the elevator but such attacks could occur in plain sight (Lagos traffic) and I assure you that no amount of water poured on you as we often do, will revive you that day

I hope you have learnt from this nasty experience?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by computerboy: 7:53pm On May 08, 2019
She tried. I can't use an elevator in this country where nothing works. Either the elevator becomes faulty or power goes off along the way... too risky

4 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by AkachukwuD(m): 7:53pm On May 08, 2019
post=78222511:
Thank God for your life.

You are always positive and I like you for that

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by clumsydyna: 7:53pm On May 08, 2019
TheTourist:

Banana Republic angry

You should think before you spit out thrash, I am claustrophobic and can relate to what she said, I can't even imagine what would have happened if I were stuck there for 5 mins. There are a lot of people out there with various health issues, please be more informed and try to develop empathy.

35 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by adewest1999(m): 7:54pm On May 08, 2019
Thank God for Facebook......

but still the fact say aeroplane dey kill people no mean say we no go enter na

4 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:54pm On May 08, 2019
use the back door next time.

Always use the backdoor

It's importance cannot be overemphasized

2 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by tunjijones(m): 7:54pm On May 08, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
angry

I was almost killed on the elevator at The Radisson Blu hotel in Lagos back in 2001.

I was whistling "Temptation" by Psquare as i entered the elevator.

A baby elephant was in the lift - sorry, i meant a fat lady who must have weighed 190kg.

I stared uneasily at the weight limit - 700kg for 10 persons. She was occupying space for at least 4! angry

Just as the doors were about closing, i saw 3 hefty guys dashing to come in.

A chill ran up my spine looking at their hard faces and their dark black skin shocked

My past had finally caught up with me. On behalf of the Nigerian Government, I had assassinated the Ghanaian Minister sabotaging the Abidjan- Lome Corridor in 1999

U are just stupid...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by kasim155: 7:55pm On May 08, 2019
Thank God for sparing ur life.

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by RiyadhGoddess(f): 7:55pm On May 08, 2019
I don't use a lift without an operator. I will just jejely use the stairs. Won ki fi itiju ko arun
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by IamPlato(m): 7:56pm On May 08, 2019
Shiit Happens!
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by zikter(m): 7:56pm On May 08, 2019
Always carry your inhaler with you

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 08, 2019
EyAAAAAA... sorry hanty

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

14-Year-Old Pregnant Girl Commits Suicide In Nasarawa / List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria / Why You Should Pay Attention To Your Urine Colour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.